• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Tournament Results & Character Rankings 2012 - The show must go on! |

NNID
Budget_Player
Smash In Der Hallertau... 26 entrants for singles (7€), 11 entrants for teams (8€):
http://forum.germansmash.de/showthread.php?17547-SIDH-Results-und-Shoutouts&p=531613
Too lazy to type out all the character heads, so:

Singles:
1. quiKsilver (75€)
2. Crysis (50€)
3. Cadet (30€)
4. MukA^ (15€)
5. Desti
5. Dueler X
7. (S!C)
7. Snopy
9. Bilo
9. BluB
9. Caranthire
9. Clade
13. Slay
13. AscWolf
13. Justice
13. Otek

Doubles:
1. Desti + Crysis (40€)
2. Bilo + Cadet (24€)
3. (S!C) + quiKsilver (16€)
4. BluB + MukA^ (8€)
5. DBM + Touda
5. Snopy + Dueler X
7. Slay + Akisazame
7. Otek + AscWolf
9. Kanji + Dore
9. Justice + Caranthire
9. Holy + Clade

Amateur Bracket:
1. DBM (7€)
2. Oni
3. Touda
4. Holy
5. Lance
5. Kanji
7. Schtizzel
7. Tim
9. Dore

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Where there pools? No offense to whomever made them but the bracket is TERRIBLE. Desti vs otek Round 1, Cadet vs Slay / Sic Round 1 and 2, BluB vs Dueler Round 1? Seriously?

:059:

NNID
Budget_Player
Where there pools? No offense to whomever made them but the bracket is TERRIBLE. Desti vs otek Round 1, Cadet vs Slay / Sic Round 1 and 2, BluB vs Dueler Round 1? Seriously?

Pools are in the thread...

[collapse=pools]
First number is result; second is seeding as far as I remember.

Pool1

1. Crysis (1st)
2. (S!C) (2nd)
3. Dueler X (3rd)
4. Clade (4th)
5. Oni (5th)
6. Tim (6th)

Pool 2

1. Cadet (2nd)
2. BluB (1st)
3. AscWolf (3rd)
4. Justice (4th)
5. Lance (5th)
6. Touda (6th)
7. Dore (7th)

Pool 3

1. quiKsilver (1st)
2. Snopy (2nd)
3. Caranthire (4th/5th?)
4. Otek (4th/5th?)
5. DBM (3rd)
6. Schtizzel (last)

Pool 4

1. Desti (2nd)
2. MukA^ (1st, we weren't sure which of the two was gonna be the last first seed, so we just dropped them in the same pool to simplify it)
3. Bilo (3rd)
4. Slay (4th?)
5. Holy (5th?)
6. Kanji (6th?)[/collapse]

It was not an easy bracket to make... I'm gonna ask Slay about Desti vs. Otek, but the others:
  1. Blub was second seed; I got first seed in my pool. He had to go up against a third seed... And that was Dueler, who got third in his pool. The only complaint that could really be made here is that Dueler should've been seeded higher going into pools, but the second seeds in pools were S!C, Snopy, Desti/Muka (they were in the same pool, and we just weren't sure, so they're basically interchangeable), and myself, and we didn't have results from Dueler to place him at second – hell, I still don't think I'd bump any of those 4 down for him knowing what I know now. What, exactly, is the problem here? I mean, to be fair, you could say I screwed up the seeding by placing first in my pool... :troll:
  2. I haven't played against S!C in a serious set since M2N. This seeding, while not intentional, was definitely not by any means a mistake. I was actually really looking forward to finally getting a rematch in with him.
  3. I don't play against Slay as often as I should, but how would you have swapped him? Maybe trading him off for Otek would have been better...

Yeah, there might have been one seeding mistake... But even then, does it really matter for results? This kind of thing happens, and as long as we don't have something like two top players facing each other almost immediately (to the extent it can be avoided, which was really hard here), then it's really not THAT bad...

@Ramin: Thanks. :laugh: I'm aiming for PR on the next turnover. ^^ Hopefully I can hit a few more tournaments by then.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So out of all the 3rd seeds from pools you have to give the hardest by far to BluB ... who's also the best 2nd seed? It didn't occur to you that BluB vs otek might've been a bit fairer to everybody? I'm sure otek wasn't keen on traveling all the way there from Luxembourg just to play somebody from Luxembourg Round1 =/

Idk could've been better but w/e

NNID
Budget_Player
So out of all the 3rd seeds from pools you have to give the hardest by far to BluB ... who's also the best 2nd seed? It didn't occur to you that BluB vs otek might've been a bit fairer to everybody? I'm sure otek wasn't keen on traveling all the way there from Luxembourg just to play somebody from Luxembourg Round1 =/

Idk could've been better but w/e

Otek was a fourth-seed; couldn't give him to BluB. As said, swapping him with Slay probably would've been a better solution... But meh, maybe you're right about Dueler...

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I don't think the bracket was that bad. Me vs Dueler was ok in first round. I just had a bad day but whatever.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
ya, why?
10char
He did the same to me at a french tourney once. Abused the extremely low brightness of the TV screen, counterpicked Frigate = invisible GaW. :troll:

It was quite a fun set from what I remember.

But god damn that guy must have improved hugely ever since.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Dunno how he was back then. Imo he isn't good as a player. He doesn't read, nor does he space his attacks but he knows his character really well and he has a unique playstyle. He somehow constantly plays after the same pattern which is kinda hard to get through if you're not used to it.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Europe London Gamign Con:

1st: Anaky (Link)
2nd: Mr.R (Metaknight User)
3rd: Orion (Dedede)
4th: Marcbri (Ganondorf)
5th: Kasper (Ike)

NNID
Budget_Player
I should cry like BPC next time, it gets ya compliments.
I will **** you with a rake.

Dunno how he was back then. Imo he isn't good as a player. He doesn't read, nor does he space his attacks but he knows his character really well and he has a unique playstyle. He somehow constantly plays after the same pattern which is kinda hard to get through if you're not used to it.
Yeah, pretty much this. Very, very unique G&W, something I thought was impossible.

@Anaky: Your link beat Ramin's MK. And Orion's Dedede.

WHAT?!?!

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yeah it was hard but i gotta say playing Marc in winners semi's was harder, but luckily Link always wins Ganondorf so i think thats how i won.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Europe London Gamign Con:

1st: Anaky (Link)
2nd: Mr.R (Metaknight User)
3rd: Orion (Dedede)
4th: Marcbri (Ganondorf)
5th: Kasper (Ike)
Wow anaky you really gotten a lot better since I was 3stocking you and teaching you the basics of smash

good stuff rising so fast! finally you can beat mr r! welcome to the club of europe, lol

to do it british style

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Wow anaky you really gotten a lot better since I was 3stocking you and teaching you the basics of smash

good stuff rising so fast! finally you can beat mr r! welcome to the club of europe, lol

to do it british style
Indeed i really appreciate the help that you have given me over the past years, thanks :)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Sup

Diamond Team Lord MB9 tournament
23 players
10€ fee
MK legal
Bracket

Top 8 :
1 - Leon :peach:
2 - Myollnir :pt: / :popo: / :metaknight:
3 - Bjay :metaknight: / :marth:
4 - Elexiao :rob: / :snake: / :metaknight:
5 - Yami :peach:
5 - Dany :marth: / :falco:
7 - Deimos :metaknight:
7 - Nives :lucario:

You can watch most of the games that have been recorded on the stream : http://fr.twitch.tv/yami2b

Huge hype at this tourney, mostly Myollnir using PT in LF and GF.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
This isn't a big tournament, almost no cashprize. Plus, he didn't use MK against Dany, and he had to face me in 1/8LF (a 2nd isn't supposed to be in 1/8LF so he wasn't lucky).
No doubt he'll do better at the next tournament.

Edit : Btw I'm not saying he's Top 5 Euro, I have no idea.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
This isn't a big tournament, almost no cashprize. Plus, he didn't use MK against Dany, and he had to face me in 1/8LF (a 2nd isn't supposed to be in 1/8LF so he wasn't lucky).
No doubt he'll do better at the next tournament.

Edit : Btw I'm not saying he's Top 5 Euro, I have no idea.
Wasn't towards you ofc, good **** placing top 2.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nothing special, just Jumpman being his usual salty asshole self. Deimos *****.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
It's not salty :( You're just talking bs 99% of the time because you're obsessed with a lot of ****. Can't help that.

Top Bottom