• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| Tournament Results & Character Rankings 2012 - The show must go on! |

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I know, but thats kinda stupid imo.
Gheb thinks his opinion is 100% right, and from there he analysis results etc.
The reason why I think this is bad, is because, when you are 100% sure you are right, then you dont even need to analyse anymore, you can stop doing that completely and live with your opinion. But you get in trouble as soon as you arent isolated to other opinions/results anymore.
I for example, I let myself influence by such results/videos etc., I wont stick forever to my general view of the game. I'm dynamic, and am open to new/other stuff. And I think, Gheb should do that too.
Being too confident about your own opinion never leads to good stuff, and more likely will either make you look like a ******* to others (Look at Cadet lol) or it will make you "sad/mad".

I like what I see (Myos PT), and that stream was very satisfying and nice to watch :D

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't do a lot of theorycrafting =/

Peach is terrible and 2 of her in top 5 is just ... gross.

:059:

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I don't do a lot of theorycrafting =/

Peach is terrible and 2 of her in top 5 is just ... gross.

What makes you so sure you are right?
Maybe peach kicks ***?
How could you know?

(Look at my post above btw. if you didnt see it)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I did see it but that doesn't change my mind. Peach doesn't kick *** at all.

I don't actually hate France though in case you thought I actually do. And Myollnir's Squirle is awesome.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Maybe you should play reaper first, and should get your *** kicked by him, I'm sure you will change your mind afterwards :p

And Myollnir's Squirle is awesome.
TruDat!

(And ofc your "I hate france" was an exaggeration, but you overreacted a bit nevertheless I think :p)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

BAAAAAAAAAASELESSSSSSSSSS

:peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: GO LEON :peach: GO YAMI :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach:

:peach: > :wolf: BOOOOOO GHEEEEEEEEEB!! :peach: > :wolf:

:peach:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If you seriously want to argue this at least stop being annoying or be entertaining about it or make a good argument or something. Peach is terrible and reaper won't convince me otherwise - I know Peach's capabilities but I also know the other character's capabilities well enough to know that she's solid mid-tier at best. MK ban wouldn't change that at all btw. Silly Peach player delusion.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Their matchup distribution is really similar actually, it's just that Wolf has some easy counters (D3, Pika, Wario) and no top tier matchups he wins, while Peach at least does pretty well vs ICs and Wario and with skill can still overcome her more difficult matchups because they aren't centered around chaingrabs and gimps.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I think it helps that apparently France doesn't have a national quality Snake. I could be wrong though, but the few times I've seen that matchup it seemed like a really uphill battle for Peach.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Oh Gheb you're so silly <3. Now why would I want to convince you? Moreover, how AM I going to convince you? Obviously it is of no use to tell you that Peach players get decent results, because it appear you would rather ignore it, put your fingers in your ear and say "lalalalala France is stupid lalalala Reaper can't change a thing lalalalala I know better lalalalala".

But I digress because of none of it really matters! I should repeat again, what point is there in convincing you? For all I care you may think that Peach is worse than Ganondorf. The points you bring up are baseless. Grumpily repeating that Peach is terrible and that you hate France will not make anyone believe you. In fact, it only makes you look ridicilous and ignorant. You assert that you know enough to ensure that Peach is terrible, however I cant see from where you have got the experience to state that and I'm sorry but concerning Peach the credibility you hold to me is zero.

:053:

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Flayl: Yeah, the main problem for Peach is that she has tough matchups against MK and Snake and generally has to fight uphill against common tournament threats. Considering how many people push her metagame already, I think she will cap out at low high tier or high mid tier.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I think it helps that apparently France doesn't have a national quality Snake. I could be wrong though, but the few times I've seen that matchup it seemed like a really uphill battle for Peach.
Flayl: Yeah, the main problem for Peach is that she has tough matchups against MK and Snake and generally has to fight uphill against common tournament threats. Considering how many people push her metagame already, I think she will cap out at low high tier or high mid tier.
Snake is probably -2. It's not so good, but still very doable and Peaches do beat Snakes occasionally. Probably the same as Meta Hoe, but I have always sucked at the latter match-up so I'm not sure. But as you said, Marc, Peach's main problem with her match-up spread is that her worse match-ups are high tier, which means they are quite common ;_;

:052:

Laem

Smash Champion
lmao yaaay, that post
Wolf is still better than peach tho ^.^
or not
fox is better than both anyway

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Please name only the characters that were needed to win. Nobody cares if Crysis won Round 1 or something with ZSS =/

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
The only thing I dont know are: Quik's Samus, Desti's MK and Purple's Sheik.
All the other character were used to win at least 1 Set (Beside the 13th guys, who didnt win anything obviously, but they dont count anyway for this ranking here)
Crysis beat Yika with ZSS, and Quiks Samus too.

E: Quik didnt win with Samus and played her only once this tournament (Vs Crysis ZSS)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Please name only the characters that were needed to win. Nobody cares if Crysis won Round 1 or something with ZSS =/
I think all characters used to win games in bracket should count. It's way too arbitrary to say "well, he could have won with his typical main character too". I know that dividing money or whatever equally among these characters is a flaw of the system, but if this is perceived as a problem, that just means you should try to weigh them differently rather than leave characters out entirely.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
I like to think that every character that was used while trying to win should be added next to a name.

Using Ganondorf to beat a random you would beat anyway shouldn't count, but using a secondary against a MU you struggle against(at least if you try more than once) and still lose should count.

All with special exceptions, derp.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
That would go under special exceptions, because he did it with only one char. I'm talking more in the lines of using a character once/twice while sticking to a main against tougher opponents.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
We could also say: "Characters that were used at least 30% of all Matches OR which's usage was utterly necessary to advance in the tournament"

There should be a max of 3 characters though nevertheless.

And the points should be divided by the following %iges:
1 Character - 100%
2 Characters - 70% / 30%
3 Characters - 60% / 30% / 10%

(Main, Second, Random CP Chara)

Somethig like that.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Having all characters count that net you at least one game in bracket is the least arbitrary way possible, especially if data gathering is done by one person who obviously isn't going to know all the ins and outs of every tournament. I don't like judging for other people when they are serious and when they aren't, fact remains they get wins in bracket one way or the other and we want to track how.

Greward

Smash Lord
for example in NST 5 i played all pools with luigi (1 of them with Diddy though) and then in brackets played G&W, DDD, pikachu and wolf aside of olimar. it's just that i played them because i felt like it, not because i really needed them to win. so any player should already know if they needed that char or no, and its just as easy as to ask him.

if i do play all of a tourney with ganondorf it's because it was a sort of challenge to myself and cause i wanted to get a win for ganondorf in here lol and i hope it gets counted cause it was not that easy

i think some time ago gheb said that only characters that got a win against another player who got top8 should count. maybe i'm wrong.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
i think some time ago gheb said that only characters that got a win against another player who got top8 should count. maybe i'm wrong.
Not exactly. You basically have to get a win in any round including and beyond:
- Winners Semis
- Losers 1/8th (for 7th place)

To make it simple, any match that counts for top 8.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I don't know how to feel about that one. Assuming 7th place is something to care about: Beating whoever got there should hold some merit even if it happened earlier in bracket - sometimes it does happen due to poor seeding or lack thereof.

That being said, pools that come before a bracket shouldn't be counted.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Nope. Imagine you beat a guy in 1st round winners with Ganon, and both of you end up getting top 8 later on. Ganon should not be counted as one of the characters you used because you didn't use him in top 8 match.
So if you play X round 1 and beat him with Ganon. Play rest of the tourney with Wolf (because he's op) and end getting 5th, and X got, 7th, or even 5th or 4th, it doesn´t count? I think it should.

Greward

Smash Lord
agree with marc. its not only when u do meet him, its about if ur facing some random noob or someone good.

anyways if u play first round with a guy who ends getting on top8 and u too there's some problem with the seeding (or it's me playing luigi on pools lol)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
If matches are in bracket you should assume the players aren't awful, unless it's some local (but in that case it holds less weight in the rankings anyway). I know sometimes first rounds can be pretty free, but having various weights for various scenarios is still better than arbitrarily omitting data.

Greward

Smash Lord
huh jigglypuff is underused still?
i'll try to get some points for him on a tourney held on 27th desember here in spain

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Hey, results from 2 tournaments held in Paris and Lille this week-end:

Monkey-Unit 8
60~ players
11€ fee
MK banned, could be selected if both players agreed beforehand.
Bracket http://img75.xooimage.com/files/0/8/1/mu8-2fce7ba.gif

Top 8 :
1 - Glutonny :wario:
2 - Leon :marth:
3 - Anoer :wario:/:marth:/:metaknight:
4 - dany :marth:
5 - Scarhi :olimar:
5 - Agiito :olimar:/:snake:
7 - Deimos :falco:/:marth:/:diddy:
7 - Blubo :ike:

No Man's Land R23

20~ players
5€ fee
MK banned.
Don't have the brackets atm, might edit later.

Top 8
1- Leon :marth:/:peach:
2- Dany :marth:/:falco:
3- Kitsune :dk2:
4- Acid (aka 4c!d) :fox:/:sheik:/:jigglypuff:
5- Blubo :ike:
5- Mario :wario:
7- Asmo :zerosuitsamus:
7- Nintenpro :rob:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Interesting results, thanks for posting.

Note that I won't count MK-banned tourneys.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hey, results from 2 tournaments held in Paris and Lille this week-end:

Monkey-Unit 8
60~ players
11€ fee
11 €? How annoying xD

No Man's Land R23

20~ players
5€ fee
MK banned.
Don't have the brackets atm, might edit later.

Top 8
1- Leon :marth:/:peach:
2- Dany :marth:/:falco:
3- Kitsune :dk2:
4- Acid (aka 4c!d) :fox:/:sheik:/:jigglypuff:
5- Blubo :ike:
5- Mario :wario:
7- Asmo :zerosuitsamus:
7- Nintenpro :rob:
Kitsune back to DK <3

Top Bottom