• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tournament Mode [1.1.0] Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadianB

Smash Journeyman
Charizard's Forward Tilt sweetspot does 1% more damage. Up from 10% to 11%.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Mewtwo's teleport slide away from the ledge glitch is still in (the one that shoots him on a curve when recovering from underneath on an FD-style ledge).

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Each projectile that Mewtwo casts during his forward throw deals 2% damage instead of 1.5%.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Good to hear that Dantarion is onboard. If he provides a data dump, then changes to damage, knockback, and active frames will be easy to spot. I'll get to work on checking individual moves side by side between versions for differences in endlag. I've found two glaring ones for Luigi. Dtilt has reduced endlag while Neutral B has increased endlag.

No changes observed for Mario, Peach, or Bowser when it comes to endlag.

Last edited:

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
All the placebo in this thread..

Looks like this time, I won't have to act. Dantarion is compiling it already.

Damn. He's not the creator of Master Core for nothing.

Last edited:

KERO

Smash Journeyman
I can confirm that Greninja will now always bounce the first time he uses Water Shuriken in the air. Previously, if you landed during any point of Water Shuriken's animation, the next time you used Water Shuriken in the air, you would not get the bounce. Until you grabbed the ledge, landed with a move, or normally landed, you would not be able to bounce in the air with shuriken again.

This is very easily testable, so I don't feel video evidence is required, but I will present it if needed.

Video

Edit: Shadow Sneak hitstun cancel is still in.

Last edited:

Keychain

Smash Rookie
NNID
Keychain
3DS FC
3582-9648-7846
DK's cargo uthrow has less knockback and can be combo'd into uair

Toon Link's dash grab is 2 frames faster

Mewtwo's fthrow 10% - > 13% (this literally contradicts what I said earlier but I forgot to do throws)

Last edited:

ToastCunfirmed

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToastFTW
3DS FC
3282-4434-9890
Lucas' Dtilt Seems to be Frame 2 now and it feels like he has better aerial mobility. He also might've had a Sour Spot Fair buff from 8% to 9%.

ArcGale

Smash Cadet
NNID
Enderores
Kirby has forward throw as a combo throw now. F-throw to Upper Cutter seems like a really Good kill confirm

Last edited:

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
Lucas fair sourspot buffed from 8% to 9%.

Edit: Ninja'd by ToastCunfirmed.

Last edited:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Thunder Wave's random trip has always existed, if you didn't know.
I've never encountered it as often as I just did testing it for 5 minutes as I have the entire time playing Pika in brackets for the 1.07-1.09 period. Either the chance went way up, or I got incredibly unlucky just now. Also the ZSS like period where hitting a stun again does nothing is a rather huge change.

V4n1sh

Smash Rookie
Fox's Jab Jab "infinite" is removed.The second hit sends them away instead of upward,so to Jab+Jab UpSmash you need to walk up a little bit.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
From the Ike Skype translating the changes:

Ike's Dthrow hitbox was shifted slightly so it hits more consistently. On G&W for example before the second hitbox wouldn't land only dealing 3 or 4% damage. Now it does the full 7% damage.

Uair has higher base knockback and lower knockback growth. Don't know if its an overall buff or nerf yet.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so, I hate to make another post so soon, and go ahead and infract me if necessary, but Water Shuriken has less start-up now. Again, very easily testable, but... wow... we got a buff.

Edit: Will provide evidence for both changes in about thirty minutes.

Water Shuriken Bounce
Shuriken's start-up change

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Need clarification.
Initial hit does 3%, and the total damage is now 10%. If I'm counting right the orbs would be dealing 1.75% now or?
The total amount of damage that Mewtwo's forward throw can deal increased from 10.5% to 13%. The initial hit still deals the same amount of damage, but the damage of the projectiles was increased from 1.5% to 2% each.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
@ Shaya Shaya

Here are the Marth changes underlined:
Nair: 3/4% and 7/9%. Up from 2/3 and 6/8. No knockback changes. This is now the strongest Nair in the game (unless some other strong Nair also got buffed).

All aerials: No autocancel improvements.

Dair: Less landing lag. Don't know how much but Dair to tipper Usmash is faster and Dair (hilt hit, non-spike) to Utilt is now a combo.

Fair: Nothing! Same sh***y hitboxes, autocancel, and landing lag

Uair: Might have 1 or 2 frames less landing lag but I honestly have no proof right now.

Smash attacks: No changes! Not even to Dsmash!!!

Dolphin Slash: They did NOT correct hitboxes

Jab: They did not correct hitboxes. I'm guessing no changes here, I can't find anything.

Dtilt and Ftilt: Nothing

Utilt: Reduced end lag again (because forward facing Utilt combos into itself now)!!! Marth moving forward/backwards after Utilt is different in some ways but can't determine exactly what right now. GUESSING: 36 to 37 total frames now. Same hitbox issues.

Dash Attack: Nothing at all! What are they thinking?

Grabs and throws: same, same

Specials: Edit: Marth changes thread found out DB input windows are extended

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Samus's Dsmash might have more reach and knockback.
Also, I think he jabs might go into each other instead of being able to shield out of the first jab. (By means of more hitstun and seemingly more knockback on first jab).
Also, Fsmash might do more % on sourspot.
Samus received no changes.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I like how like 5 people posted dantorin's data goods in less than 1 minute.

Anyways, the dump shows a change in Yoshi's bair damage. I have no idea where 1.12 came from and it increasing to 1.15 but it's a thing.
The 3 hits together did 10%, so 2.5 2.5 5. No idea what either of the two means, still currently at a tournament until Sunday so can't test myself. One of the Yoshi mains or anyone from here test Yoshi's Bair for me.

Also Luigi shows a lot of changes, oh my goodness. Somebody pick that juicy info apart.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
As others have said, Kirby's Fthrow down from 7-5 and now has less knockback, so it's a true combo throw at lower percents. Seems to combo best into Fair, Upair, Upper Cutter, and possibly Dair? It won't work as a kill confirm at higher percents though, because if they DI away, Upper Cutter will not reach.

Nobody's mentioned Inhale's buff? Inhale now clearly starts faster. Testing it side by side with Ice Breath, which I believe used to have the same startup, Inhale starts notably faster. It's now almost Chomp tier!

I believe Jab combos into rapid jab better now, but I'm not sure on this one. Looking at the data dump, it's more than possible, because it lists ThrowF, Nspecial, and some other things a little bit. I'm not sure what else could have changed though.

First two changes are definite, third is unsure. Dantarion's data dump should be put in the OP, and everybody should look at it before testing their characters, maybe? If a character is listed there, they definitely got some kind of change, right?

http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/raw/diff-128-144/sheik.html Sheik got one change apparently:
069 - AttackAirF - 68FDC9A2
BUT WHAT?!

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Okay, one last thing. Looking at the data dump here's what I got:

Ganon's Dsmash. The two hitboxes have three different hits each. The first kick hitbox swapped the very first hit with the second. And the last kick hitbox just changed the angle of it's very last hit.

Complicated, but this is what I got out of it.

Last edited:

SpScarecrow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4699-7829-1600
Wii Fit When you cancel Header the ball stays out longer. I can jab it and it actually travels a distance unlike pre patch when jabbing the ball makes it disappear.

Last edited:

hotdogtaco4321

Smash Cadet
NNID
MaverickGV
3DS FC
0748-3241-5258
Mewtwos up throw does 13% SPECIFICALLY TO Bowser Jr on the first time you use it. the next 4 up thorw do 14% to him, then it does 13% and then does 4 more 14% and repeats this cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom