• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS Melee/Brawl Tourney - DISCUSS COT DATES NOW**

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Oh yes, I meant to make a post about parking, sorry about that.

Now I'm not 100% sure about this, (but I'll try to find out today) but if you park at a parking meter, it will be free on Sunday, and free on Saturday past 6 or 8pm, so you only have to worry about a part of it. There should be signs around or near the parking meters that give the specific free times, but I will see if I can find out for all of you today.

Also, in the few blocks around the venues are plenty of spots without and parking meters. Just look around the streets with a bunch of residential houses instead of businesses where you're bound to find parking meters.

I am familiar with the parking situation around drexel so here it goes. Tourny is on 34th and powelton. All parking zones are checked by the PPA on Saturday. Only a few meters farther on campus are checked on sunday. The signs at these places will say "Except Sunday" at the bottom so make sure it does.

Now onto free parking...

street order
Market -> arch -> race -> powelton -> baring -> hamilton

lancaster ave cuts through diagonally.

Most of these spaces will be occupied, but on Saturday there is a better chance of finding one.

Powelton between 36th down to 31st is free on both sides.
Race between 32nd and 34th is free.
Arch between 33rd and 34th is free.
Baring between 35th and 36th and 31st and 32nd is free.
Hamilton between 31st and 33rd is free.
33rd from arch to baring is free.
34th street is free before arch. (its a one way going towards market.)
Half of lancaster between 34th and 35th is free.
32nd is free between powelton and baring.
31st is free. (Powelton curves into 31st).

Asside from this there is plenty of two hour parking. Two hour becomes free parking deoending on the parking zone after 5, 6:30 or 8.
Hope this helps.

Cactuar lives on 42nd and powelton where there is always parking. I can pick up 1 or 2 people from his place, but I will be unable to take them back so they may have to find a ride or walk.

I have been at drexel for 5 years I know where to park. Call me 484-437-5333.

If you want to park in the two hour zones you should have Chibo open up Outlook and set a reminder for your car on outlook's calendar. Does thunderbird have a good calendar thingy?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I was going to make an ascii map using green pipe characters for free parking, but then I realized that would take way too much time.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Meh. I should be able to make it to Day one. Still deciding if I wanna do day 2. If all goes well, I'll even bring a guy who's new to smash tournies. So... be impressive everyone. Woo...

Hope to see you all there.

Edit: And Vex, I'm bringing you five dollars. I keep my word. Even though I wasn't really able to get online for brawl...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
4th should get an actual payout, not the same money as 5th. 5th getting entry fee back is fair. You're also giving way too much to first place in singles. As much as I like Jason and think he deserves to win money for his skill, he shouldn't be given THAT much money this weekend. >_>;

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Oh man!! There better be some open TV's for Melee warm-ups. I made a mistake and played Brawl the whole week so imma need some **** practice for at least an hour!! Let's GOOOOOO!!!!

Scar

#HarveyDent
4th should get an actual payout, not the same money as 5th. 5th getting entry fee back is fair. You're also giving way too much to first place in singles. As much as I like Jason and think he deserves to win money for his skill, he shouldn't be given THAT much money this weekend. >_>;

if you were the one winning i doubt you would be complaing, lol

this is GOTM

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wow, a tourney in another state that i can attend! I never would have thought i would be able to >.>... Surprises me more that i am going to Drexel University next year. A tourney not to miss. I'll be there on Sunday!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
theres plenty of times where 4th and 5th arent even paid out. and they wont be paid out here unless theres 50 or more entrances. money back is still better than nothing.

ussi - good stuff comin to drexel, there is so much smash here its nearly unimaginable lol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You should be getting a lot of people.

I'd still change it to 60/30/10 instead of 65/25/10. It's more fair than giving basically everything to first place.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Hey im gonna take one of the chinatown buses to the venue. Does anyone kno which one is preferred to reach there like is any one bus thats closer?

GOTM

Smash Champion
normally the china town bus drops off at 30th street, which is only a few walkable blocks from the venue.

if it drops you off at 11th, you can take a subway from 11th and market to 34th and market for like 2 bucks, which is only like a few blocks away as well. other than that, there are people with cars, but im not sure if anyone would wanna lose their parking spot/be able to get in contact with you.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
But which bus though? the Apex drops u at 11th. Which one stops at 30th st? I also plan to be there around 9AM so i would have time

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
:( I did awful in crews until the last crew battle. Shoutoutz

LK - :) we got to go. Also ****, what a violent dair.

WoZ - :( Sorry I lost that crew battle for us after your valiant efforts.

SENSEI - HAS GUTS! Amazing performances in crews. That combo on Reno's first stock was beautiful and I'm stealing it.

Eazy munni - You didn't say enough funny trash talking :(. I think I need to brush up on Doc tho, I think I seriously might go all Doc one tournament.

Scar - You peesha ****, I will fawking **** you again the next time we play.

Pakman - I think you gimped me as much in our matches as Jason did in my two sets with him <_<.

Zang - It was nice finally meeting and playing you. I was a big fan of you back in the day and watched that one match of you vs Jason on FD a LOT.

Ryoko - :( I didn't get to play you at all today.

Keitaro - Wow, way to get DESTROYED. You're out of TSA :laugh:

AlexanderTriad - :) I got to play you again.

Vanz - I am rematching that DK vs Fox match the next time I see you :bee:.

Reno - The funniest moment of the day was "whoops"
"whoops? That was ****" :laugh::laugh: <3 accidentally doing things that ****

JMan - :( we didn't get to Fox ditto.

Master of Eggs - We didn't do the Link vs spacies on Dreamland MMs :(.

JFox - My Fox isn't really better than my Falco.

Mew2King - MM me again with your sheik please :).

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
You beat Jason's Sheik, Kashif?

wtf

lol

I gave you WAY too much Sheik practice and you're too good now.
No, I didn't. I want a rematch because he ftilted and dsmashed my shield without getting punished and I SDed in the last match of the second set at 5% and lost :(.

Props to M2K though, I never thought playing bad would matter vs Sheik since she's such a simple character to fight.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
It was fun. I wasn't supposed to be there today, it was kinda a Plan B thing while I was in philly, but I'm glad I went and It was fun to play melee again. I only get to play good people while at tournys, so it was fun getting ***** and playing good people again.

Scar - Fawk That ****, I should xfer to drexel just to get some good practice. You're too good

Teh Spammer - I finally got to play you and I believe you 3 stocked me a couple times and a couple times I got 2 or maybe 3 like once. You play a great fox and I hope to play you again. That last match in crews was ok since Sensei was a BEAST

Sensei - Doubles Practice was kinda wierd but I had fun playing you in Crews. Maybe next time I'll get closer.

M2k - Didn't play you, but watching you **** was better than Life.

Xzax - Good seeing you again, you did well in crews, keep getting better

Vex - Nice meeting you. **** 64

GOTM - Nice playing you. You tore up in crew battles you sick son of a *****.

Chibo - Nice talking to you for pretty much the first time. Crew battle was fun. You really hosted a good tournament

Eazy - LoL at Dittos nonstop, we'll play again sometime.

JMan - You are **** and your trash talk was top tier. Our matches were fun

Will - **** your jiggs, you are getting better and better. Stop getting better and let me catch up.

Anyone else I forgot, sorry ^_^

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
theres plenty of times where 4th and 5th arent even paid out. and they wont be paid out here unless theres 50 or more entrances. money back is still better than nothing.

ussi - good stuff comin to drexel, there is so much smash here its nearly unimaginable lol
I think this will be a fun freshman year for me. But i'm still commuting.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Since I'm bored sitting here waiting at the venue and Brawl doubles signups are supposed to start in 7 minutes *sigh* I guess it will be an hour later like yesterday I'll put up singles results.

Eggm and M2k split (M2k wont the set 3-2) but Eggm decided to put himself as first on tio :)

1: Eggm ($149.50)
2: Mew2King ($57.50)
3: Cactuar ($23.00)
4: Scar
5: Jman
5: Sensei
7: Vanz
7: Zang
9: Reno
9: Cheezit
9: WoZ
9: Pakman
13: Keitaro
13: JFox
13: DJNintendo
13: Vex Kasrani
17: Xzax
17: GOTM
17: KCS
17: Emblem Lord
17: Eazy
17: Talwind
17: ChiboSempai

Bracket image:
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/386/bracketdq4.gif

I'll have all results for Melee Doubles, Singles, Crews, and Brawl Doubles and Singles up tonight/tomorrow in it's own results post.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Eggm above M2K hurts my eyes, maybe someday but not yet. Why is it like that? I'm stealing your computer and changing it Chibo.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I have some mixed feeling about this tourney. I think part of me knows I'll never really be as good as some of you guys. That's pretty depressing for me, since I love this game and wanna be better. Meh. The best part is hanging out and talking to people.

Oh yeah, in case anyone feels like shouting me out but doesn't know my tag, I was the long, black haired guy carrying around an old school game boy and wearing a blue and yellow striped shirt that looked suspicially like Ness'. I also played Doctor Mario pretty much exclusively, but you may have also caught me playing Link or Ness, or someone else lowish tier.

Shoutouts:
Rin/Void (My two friends who came at 10ish and then left at like 2 for some inexplicable reason and didn't play anyone besides me.): You guys were hardcore dedicated to getting here. You rode the train, then walked to the wrong campus. (They printed out info about SPOC instead of this one.) Then walked to this campus. And after all that fabulous dedicated walking you left before the tourney even got any good. I need an explanation guys. And a good one.

Scar: East side hand gestures? Also nice double KO falcon punch in teams. We didn't play. I didn't really play anyone this time.

Vex: We always hang out a lot at these tournaments. I probably had more fun playing smash 64 with you than I did playing melee with all the unreachably good people. Which depresses me... Did the money match ever happen between you and sensei? I hope not. I didn't want to miss that. Also did you let me have that extra stock in crews? That would ruin my day man.

Eman: We hung out early in the day. We probably should have entered teams.(No offense Xzax) You're actually a lot of fun to play because you talk during the match. Some people are just kind of rocks that don't react at all. I might as well be playing online.

GOTM: I don't even know who you are, so don't get offended that I was part of GOTM Go **** yourself. Honestly, I had no idea Xzax did that until I saw that bracket.

Xzax: Don't panic so much when crew matches come close. I got kicked out of a lot of friendlies by you only to stand around for ten minutes when I could have been finished the friendly. Anyway, you're also a lot of fun to hang around with. Also, are you and Vex brothers? Or... like how are you related? I honestly would have never even guessed. Also, please don't swear into the microphone.

Chibo: If your cell phone rang at around ten and then someone hung up after like one ring, that was me. Sorry about that. The security lady wasn't letting this one girl in to find her boyfriend, so I was going to call you and have you yell out his name, so he'd come out. Except after I already called you she was like, "Wait, he's not in the tournament." So I hung up. Sorry about that if it happened. Also, really good idea ordering pizza to the tourney and then charging per slice. It makes it so guys who got rides to the tourney don't have to walk to get food. I think more tournies should pick up on that. I think it worked well.

One of the guys in dumb crew who told me we gave him too much credit after we played a few matches who's tag I don't know: I was actually surprised that I beat you. I think you did really well in crews man. Better than I felt I did. Keep practicing man.

Sir Lucario/Skip: Your pit is a beast. Beating it that one time was seriously one of my proudest moments of the night. (Also when I got that one extra stock of Vex in crews) It's actually really cool to be recognized from that smash 64 tournament. That made me feel really good. Thank god I didn't see you in the brawl tourney though. You may have stole my local legend of wreckage trophy. Sorry I didn't come to the second day, but I don't really have the money to mess around in a game I'm not as interested or confident in.

Lord Knight: Sorry I made a fool of myself and attacked you before killing myself in crews. I was just nervous as heck.

Sensei: Way to **** three members of "dumb crew". I know we weren't all that top of the line, but what you did to us was incredible anyway. You did amazing in all the crew matches. Really fun to watch.

There will probably more shout outs from me when results are posted, since I tend not to remember everybody. Though maybe not, because a lot of people didn't enter anything, so I have no way of shouting out the random people.

I dunno, maybe this'll be my last tourney, at least for a while. My confidence is pretty much totally shot. I need some consistent practice against good people, or a mentor.

Edit:

SLAYERCoLdKiLr: Nice to see you again. Either you were sand bagging at the other tourney, or you got crap loads better.

JFox

Smash Hero
I had fun yesterday, especially in the crew battles. I'm not sure why, but I don't really enjoy singles anymore nowadays. Maybe its cuz I consistently place lower due to my recent switch to a new main.

But the venue was awesome. Good job running things Chibo, you need to be more of an aggro tourney host. Just go up to people and shut off their friendlies, :).

Shoutouts:

Jman- Did awful in crews, but then great in singles. Good ****.

DJ- You're nuts at Mario Kart. Thanks for the pizza.

Reno- Rocked LK. "**** tec0, pull a Reno" :laugh:

Vanz- DK! Dude, couple mins I've spent watching smash. Oh man, that match with you vs. M2k also...you're unbelievable! Don't lose to effin Scar next time, you know that match. =/

Eggm- You're too good. Seriously, ya don't stop.

Cheezit- You're really smart, I'm happy you didn't lose to my washed up Fox. Nice job beating Keitaro and EL, I need to learn how to fight Marth from you.

Keitaro- Don't sweat it. You're much better then that, you just choked. And don't listen to Keitaro. You Marth game relies on your randomness. You just play your game cuz you know you make it work for yourself.

Eazy- Don't get discouraged bro. You know you love this game, and just cuz you've had two tournaments don't mean you should the throw in the towel. I've come to respect you a lot, and consider you a vicious player and a very fast learner. Don't throw that kinda stuff away. Just keep at it, and soon you'll find you will be the underdog beatin up on the big guy, makin him cry like u did last night. :laugh:

Spam- Played like a hero the second crew set. I'm annoyed you and LK left without entering singles. :ohwell: You're really good, and people need to recognize.

M2k- Eggm says watch yo a$$ mew2king. :laugh:

Top Bottom