• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS Melee/Brawl Tourney - DISCUSS COT DATES NOW**

Cheezit

Smash Ace
It was fun plus free burgers hotdogs and cotton candy was awesome

Jfox - thanks for the ride and be more confident in your peach it will rock in singles.

Keitaro - Dude uptilt man uptilt

Eazy - sorry for the gayness of mute i wasn't gonna take you to fountain of eazy

Scar - Fountian of Dreams enough said.

Reno - I totally play melee

DJnintendo - you bowser is mad Wack lol

Jman - Keep the trash talk coming.

Vanz - good **** on M2k and im gonna win peach dittos next time.

Eggmaster - you did it again placing in the money

EMBLEMLORD - EYESHIELD 21!!!!

Woz - Fun teaming even though we didn't do so hot

Sensei - Peach > captain Falcon

Zang - Nice seeing you again fun matches.

Cactuar - I hate marth!

TOS - i don't really know any of you nor have i played you maybe next time ill get some matches, But nice tourney

I think thats everyone

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Teams:
1. M2K and Velocity (Dedede/Meta Knight and Game and Watch)
2. Inui and dmbrandon (Marth and Meta Knight)
3. Jman and DJ Nintendo (Dedede and Bowser)

Singles:
1. M2K (Dedede/Meta Knight)
2. Velocity (Game and Watch
3. Jman (Dedede)
4. Inui (Marth)
5. Keitaro (Falco)
5. Emblem Lord (Marth)

Jman got revenge on me in the losers bracket. Close, fun matches. I enjoyed my matches with Ninja Link the most today, though. :]

Marth = good character. :)

Wow did he even lose a round?
Brandon and I lost both sets to them 2-3, so we took 4 rounds in teams from M2K. ;)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
1. M2K (Dedede/Meta Knight)
2. Velocity (G&W?)
3. Jman (Dedede?)
4. Inui (Marth/Pit?)
5. Keitaro (No idea)
5. Emblem Lord (Marth)

Any help on filling in the blanks, guys?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hahaha.

Just want to say that people are funny as ****. Everyone I talked to loved my Marth and was impressed, cept for like M2K but crap I don't think ANYONE on the planet can impress that guy. But anyway, people were so impressed and then later tonight Ryoko tells me that people were **** talking me?

Some of them were even in my own crew and some actually admire me? Saying such nonsense as how could Ryoko lose to EL? Are you serious? Hahah, well to put any doubts to rest Ryoko and I play each other on Wifi ALL the time. We know each other's styles to the point where it's anyone's game. So plz stop hating. Well, actually you can continue hating but man up and do it to my face plz k thnx.

At the very least I don't want my own crew members doing it. That **** ain't cool.

Time for shout outs.

Ninjalink: I'm honored and humbled that you would consider me a threat. Can't wait to play you again.

Ryoko: I love you as always my friend.

Silven: Good **** reppin Ike. Thanks for the elite practice before the tourney started. I think I would have did alot worse if you hadn't given me that pro workout.

Inui: Even though anyone with eyes can see the superiority of my Marth compared to yours you not only outplaced me, but you beat me as well. Be worthy of your placings. Don't do dumb **** in matches. Don't be so predictable. rant rant rant. You know the drill. Get better, and stop screwing up NJ's perception of Marth. I used to think it was cuz of M2K that NJ thought Marth sucked. **** it ain't him. It's your scrubby ***. LOL. lrn2Marth in Brawl plz.

TOS: No pools next time. And no 3 hour breaks or w/e the **** plz. K thnx. Other then that good tourney. Good **** doing all 3 games. Well, TRYING to do 64. lol

Jesus man: LOL. Son. I will eat you. Seriously. Your like a skinny little chicken. lmao. Good **** on your placings in Brawl and Melee.

DJ Nintendo: Always a pleasure. Good **** reppin Bowser son.

WoZ: Thanks for dragging me to this.

Zang: Even though you won't read this we are brothers for life. I love you.

Atomsk: Marth is better then Diddy. Get at my Marth son. STOP playing Inui. XD

dmbrandon: You will do better. Don't get emo. You are good so stfu and move on.

Sensei: Olimar is ghey.

Keitaro: Falco is ghey.

Scar and Pakman: I love you both. And Scar thanks for being a great host.

Cactuar: I suppose as long as your around I will have to settle for second sexiest man alive. Also your more bishie then I am. **** mannerisms son, your hair is way more girlie and so is your face.

Velocity: Give me G&W practice.

M2K: Train with me.

Everyone I played: Good games guys. Train hard and let's face off again.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui: Even though anyone with eyes can see the superiorty of my Marth compared to yours you not only outplaced me, but you beat me as well. Be worthy of your placings. Don't do dumb **** in matches. Don't be so predictable. rant rant rant. You know the drill. Get better, and stop screwing up NJ's perception of Marth. I used to think it was cuz of M2K that NJ thought Marth sucked. **** it ain't him. It's your scrubby ***. LOL. lrn2Marth in Brawl plz.
Your Marth is better than mine. I'm awful at Smash.

I'll learn how to play Brawl Marth eventually.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Velocity vs Diem: Temper Tantrums and Panicing.

• M2k: I'm getting closer. I'm going to even out count next event. I promise. ^_^
  • Jman: I love hanging with you at these events. Everything you say is amazing. "****, just come on the stage. COME ON!" XD!!!
  • Sensei: LOLZ. You LOVE Brawl, now.
  • Moo: Nice set, man. You really started making a comeback that second game. Your wolf is pretty good, just gotta be a bit more afraid of meta. Can't be rushing in, constantly!
  • Ninjalink: I wanna sit and lose to your random for hours, someday. Please.
  • Silven: Ike. ****. :D
  • Reno/Scar: We like.. are nice and **** to each other. My skin is poison, though. Jokes on you two.
  • Vanz: you camp like a gay! :D You should really invest some more time, you have sick potential.
  • Starzonedge: Holy **** man. Your Olimar had me sweating. I tried harder versus you in that set, than I think I've ever tried. I award you mad interents. Keep it up
    [*}Mexi: That squirtle can go to hell, son.
  • Chibo: I got home at 2 am. god****it

I'm not doing shoutz to my crew, I'm lazy....

Oh except Dave: DAVE BEAT VANZ. LOLZ.

If I misses you, I'm sorry.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol how did u get home at 2am if u posted at 1:38?

anyway, im like to tired to post all the stuff i have to say now, as i am ridiculously tired and need to go to sleep.

good stuff everyone

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Tis was a fun tournament I must say. Most delfino a sunday well spent. I miss good ole NYC trash talking though. I gotta thank Jman and DJ for lighting up my day a bit.

DJ: I know how you feel about the game but your crazy. i enjoyed our set lots ~^.^~
DMbrandon: I'm one aggro cow, but it was a good set... err.. second match. First match sucked donkey nutz.

The spot was piece. Heads are mad cool even if i dont ever say much. Seen some T&A so i'm one happy cow.

<---- Moo aka Shin Bowser

PRiDE

Smash Lord
good stuff today

one day Ill make a better showing ;P

one shout out goes to Mexi cause hes awesome and uses PT and totally faked me out but pretending to sleep the first match and destroying me in the last too. =/

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
well i had to leave sadly so idk. Jman said i woulda beat him but to me it'll be a close match regardless. Oh well. Next time NO LONG AZZ BREAKS. We ended up missin the bus and had to take another one and waste money and THEN got caught in traffic.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Awesome weekend, good **** TOS!!

Eazy - Stop being lazy and enter singles g-dammit!! Good **** in teams in both Melee and Brawl and thanks for housing me and ****.

NinjaLink - Yo, people were on your **** so hard but when I saw you play that **** was awesome!! Now I'm happy I didn't have to face you cause you left but next time I wanna. Good stuff.

Jman - **** you *****, lolol!! Had mad fun playing you in tourney. Was so gay when you found out your Snake couldn't handle the Falco so you went Brinstar and Swallocide. How does swallocide work on that stage, lol!! Good stuff at 3rd dude.

Chibo - THANKS FOR HELPING ME TO REMEMBER TO KEITARO TIME!!!!! Good stuff with the mic, setting up the tourney, reminding how to play gay, talking, etc.

Silven - You Ike is a smooth as flowing water in a river. Never seen and Ike like that. Was fun playing you.

DJ Nintendo - Your chill as hell and it was interesting playing Bowser that tough. I think you should just have a secondary just in case though. Stick with Brawl for a while dude!!

Spam - You shoulda stayed for the 2nd day my dude!! Thanks for fake kicking me outta TSA :laugh:

DMBrandon - Stop squandering!! OI really wanted to play that Metaknight after M2K's Metaknight practice. Next time my dude.

Inui - Dammit I wanted to play you!! Your going down dude, waaaaaayyyyy down, lol!! Great job with Marth in Brawl and stopped getting banned from other tournies!!

Emblem Lord - Good ****!! That set we had went the same as our last tourney set except I won this time. Your Marth is really smart and you learn **** really quick. People underestimated you and paid for it.

Keitaro - What are you, a piece of trash!?!? Anytime you do something everyone gets suprised and ****. If I were you I would say **** ya'll for thinking I'm trash....or just say nothing instead :D

Ryoko - Good stuff being able to defeat DM. You're too good at both games.

PRiDE - Your supposed to wear pink!! Was weird seeing you in blue. I NEVER want to play that Yoshi in tourney, I'm seriously scared of it :urg:

Litez - Eazy's bro!! Keep training with Eazy and make him enter next time. You'll wreck people with enough practice.

Gotm - lol @ showing how M2K won everything. Your Fox has so much tech-skill in Melee it's so hard for any decent Marth to do anything. Step up your Brawl stuff dude and we'll do Fox vs Marth there :D

Sensei - SENSEI!!!!!!! WTF @ you maining Olimar!! Gay stuff my dude, gay stuff!! lol @ you taking a match off Velocity then getting ***** in 47 seconds, gimps!!!! Force Zang to join TSA, we have to take over the world!!

Zang - Your Falco in Melee is so smart it's rediculous. You hung out with TSA so much this weekend it makes me wonder....hmmm...."check above words"

WOZ - Zarona keeps making eating times go on when I'm in tourney!! Cmon man, I'll be able to eat with my TSA buddies next time.

Pakman - I didn't have to play you this time!! Luck was on my side!! HEEEEELLLLLL YEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

M2K - G-dam you 3 stocking me with Metagay!! I almost had you that match before but somehow you learn my style so quick I might as well fall suicide. Oh, and stop johning saying you never make money, lol!!

Atomsk - Hell no I'm not gonna mm after placing higher. You trying to demote me from my placing, hell outta here, lol! We'll play in tourney soon, trust.

Izumi - gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gay gaygaygyayyagyaygyaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy stuff on Pirate Ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scar - Man, you shoulda stayed in Brawl singles you could have wrecked dude. lol @ you picking the most manly characters in both games :laugh:

Zxax - Good stuff in doubles, you Metaknight d-smashes 10 times faster than everyone else, lol!

Vanz - Thanks for the early Brawl practice. I wish I coulda remembered my key trick "Keitaro Time" when I faced you to give you better competition when we played.

Eggm - EGG MASTER!! I didn't forget you, I was going to come back to shoutoutz but amazing AMAZING stuff taking 2 matches off M2K. I'm definitely a fan of you now :bee:

Cheezit - Yup, uptilts for sure. I really need to learn to fight Peaches better. Thanks for the tips.

JFox - We need to get some friendlies in and you need to play some Brawl with us sometime.....someday......"sniffle"

uhhhhh.......f shout outz for now. Good stuff everyone, love the community and I hope everyone knows my signature move and if you don't it's called.....

KEITARO TIME!!!!!!!!

Gay moves galore, let's get it b*tches!!!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
CoT3: A Retrospective

Overall, I must say a lot of things worked better than I expect from this tourney, but it wasn't without it's problems, and I hope that these few things do not deter anyone from future CoT events.

First off was the attendance. I realize this was announced only a week and a half before the tourney was but I wasn't too satisfied with the attendance not event breaking 40 people for a single event. I tried my hardest to spread the word as fast as possible to everyone, and while it did seem like it worked well, there were plenty of people that didn't show up (and same thing with setups, we were missing some we were expecting). I'm sorry if you made a long trip out here only to be disappointed with the size of the event, but it looks like mostly everyone had a good time. It's awesome that so many NY players came out to this event :) . I was really surprised with the amount of people that showed up and didn't do anything but crews and didn't enter singles or anything.

Second was the time. One of the biggest concerns from everyone is how late everything ran but in all seriousness, this is not my fault at all. We were running a lot of events, and had to try and get things done asap. I posted here in this thread asking people to make sure they were at the tourney before the doubles tourney for the respective day started, so we can get things going early. I said I was going to be very strict with starting it, but if I did start Melee doubles when I was supposed to at 11:30, we would have had like 4 teams. I had no choice but to wait about 2 hours for everyone to finally show up. Same thing with the Brawl day, where even people who got housing in philly were over an hour late :ohwell:

Now for the Brawl day, I keep hearing people mentioning no big breaks, however we didn't take one break at all. We had to start doubles late to wait for everyone, and i started signups for singles during doubles grand finals. About pools: I heard a lot of people complaining about the event costing too much money and that they spent so much, so I decided we should possibly still do pools for Brawl to give them more bang for their buck. I took a general poll, and just about everyone still wanted to do pools. It seemed like we still had the time to, and were on track to end at like 9pm-ish.

After pools was the big problem... I entered all of the information into tio, and when it went to go make a 36 person bracket.... well... it couldn't. If you've ever used the program, perhaps you have come across this sort of glitch where you'll see a bracket with all the people at the top, and a crap load of byes at the bottom. This can't be done as byes would be outplacing people. No matter what I could do I could not get it to work. It was getting even later, and everyone would not stop complaining to me about time. I had just about no choice other than to promote the top 5 from each of the 6 pools, however I really did not want to do this because I had first announced that no one would be eliminated and some people might not have taken pools seriously. Then there was the big problem everyone probably remembers which I don't think needs to be mentioned here, and finally after coming to an agreement, we got the top 5 to move on and do a 32 person bracket with 2 byes.

You would think tio would have no problem with this, but it did for some reason. So what did I have to do? I had to make the whole bracket by hand. This is why I had to eliminate some people, cause if i didnt I would have had to make a 64 person bracket with byes which I can't do. So anyway, it was like over an hour between pools and bracket, but the bracket I made was practically perfect, and it ran smooth from there on out.

So that's everything that happened. Some problems along the way, but it wasn't bad. I put a lot of work into this tourney and I hope people saw the effort in really trying to take it to the next level. The multiple projectors, getting as many TVs as possible even if it meant carrying them like 4 blocks to the venue from my place, the overall setup for the sunday event (melee lounge ftw), and more. For everyone who came, thank you coming, and I hope to see you at the next CoT. I'll get full results up when I get on my laptop (I'm on my desktop now)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I actually created a decent seeding program. It should seed right, but it doesn't set up double elim brackets. We should get together and work on this a little bit.

Sensei

Smash Lord
WTF!?!? Fawken brawl. Can't beleive I entered the brawl tourney! LOL, time for shoutouts!

Keitaro - You *******! You convinced me to join brawl! Now I'm addicted to throwing pikman at my enemies, lmao. I didn't get to finish my Japanese homework cuz of you, god ****it.

Dmbrandon - Thanks for giving me some brawl tips. I want some of that metaknight next time. I might go to the montage tournament. Fawken brawl.

Zanguzen! - lol it was mad fun hanging out with you. **** was mad grimey we need to chill again dude. come to six flags! rofl you need to hang out with your fellow crew members. we ***** in teams good **** for us. in my eyes we won the doubles bracket, fawk that, sabotendar and cactuar dont count lmao

WoZ - You're amazing as always. Next time we'll pickup some HB9s or 10s. Olimar dittos are wack. lol

Starzonedge - I loved watching your olimar. We need to some olimar dittos on wifi rofl.

Velocity - WTF, you tricked me into not banning anything. fawk orphean. Your turtle keeps eating my pikmin, you peice of ****. lol, ggs and good stuff in getting second.

Scar - Next time I won't stand on wooden blocks. I'm ****** your falcon next I see play you <3

Emblem Lord - Marth is ghey.

Ninjalink - lol stop SDing. Your diddy would have proably three stocked me otherwise. Thanks for helping me advance out of pools lol.

GOTM - Lucas dittos on Luigi's manson = pure awesomeness

Jfox - I ***** you in our set lol jk. But I still won by a large margin.

Vex/Xzax - We'll play ssb next time. I was kinda looking forward to the ssb tournament.

Cactuar/M2K - fun team friendlies, having riduclous matches on the projector for everyone to see was amazing rofl.

Pakman - Poker was alot of fun, next time I won't sandbag.

Chibo - thanks for hosting this tournament. it was mad chill.

Eazy - MM my olimar son lol. My pikman are hungry for some roast falco.

To anyone that I forgot, GGs and it was nice seeing you. I'm going to win the montage tornament, I don't give a fawk.

Sensei

Smash Lord
Nasal spray

I forgot to mention something important. I can't find my prescription nasal spray called Nasaquart and OTC nasal spray that is saline. They are for my allergies and I really need them. Has anybody found them? It might have somwhere in the first floor from the Sunday venue. They are in a small white plastic bag. If anyone has found them please PM me.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Lol you know what Keitaro? I am shirt johning this tourn! It is alll because I wasn't wearing pink! >_> Shirt johns! Well maybe if I wasn't aabout to get jumped in Rage studios for wearing pink I would have wore it again ;P

Scar

#HarveyDent
Sensei I have it, I'll either mail it to your or go and hang out, so long as a bunch of you are out there to welcome me.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
i got 370 combined, ive made about 1900 off brawl from 9 tourneys, winning everything at most events, mean average being about 200 cuz a lot of the beginning events i went to (like chu biweeklies) had very, very small payouts
yea, compared to the other money getters, thats actually pretty small. azen just got about 700 from one local tournament.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
we still paid out 100% of the pot and it was $10 to enter every event, so like the pot was still rly nice considering how few ppl there were. and m2k split melee singles with eggm and gave extra money to dm and inui in brawl doubles

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
next time ninja link:mad: lol jk it was mad fun playing you and our diddy ditto was well interesting

btw chibo good job on crew seating :(

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Lol you know what Keitaro? I am shirt johning this tourn! It is alll because I wasn't wearing pink! >_> Shirt johns! Well maybe if I wasn't aabout to get jumped in Rage studios for wearing pink I would have wore it again ;P
SON! They dont call it rage studios for no reason1

Sensei I dont even main falco! lol

Top Bottom