• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrdc

Smash Cadet
Random Ike guy will live in our hearts forever. We will never forget you, wherever you are.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
oh ****. look who it is?

btw i barely heard anything on the sonc players there. i am not happy about this... cmon, step it up!

Random Ike Guy I just wanted you to know that you were my idol before it was cool. <3

lol u douche. we should turn random ike guy into a meme. a living meme. like, leeroy jenkins, or something... :)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I guess the only way to do it is to make pre-registering mandatory <_____>.
yeah I wish they did that. I was worried about that too...like, I remembered Pound 3 [couldn't go, I just remember the thread when I was still intending to go] and the emphasis on the deadline for pre-reg [PREPAID pre-reg]...but that was Pound 3 and I don't anyone anticipated the turnout for THIS tourney to match, if not beat, Pound 3's turnout [that had what...270 entrants? or was that Pound 2...whatever]

looks like mandatory pre-reg, with the penalty of higher-prices and auto-death-pool, will go hand in hand with planning events like this...

Even with the mess and the tarnished rep, I'm really glad they got such a good turnout and I'm pretty sure Chibo and ToS can turn this around to make everyone happy :)

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! [that goes for TOs and entrants, alike]

<3

so what happened? they closed the streams? are they still doing singles pools?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
He jv 3 stocked everyone in the teams pools but got dqed for not having a partner. Then he won so hard in Singles he killed his opponents back to life and ended up losing on a technicality.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Tournament dont seem so bad. I'm actually having fun and I was not expecting to make it out of pools. Wierd.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I won my first tournament match using a character I hate. But, you gotta do what you gotta do. It was fun, and I get a good work out for my legs from the all the standing.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
End of Day 1

Ok everyone, just got back to my apartment from the first day of CoT4. Needless to say, it went a lot different than I expected.

I'm very sorry everything started so late, but there was nothing we could do about it. We actually started pretty much on time, but we got more people than I had expected. All in all, we had something like 285 different entrants, when I was expecting something closer to like 200ish. Signups took hours and hours. And it was relatively smooth as we continuously signed ppl up the whole time. We even had 2 registration sections.

Because of starting so late, I had no chance to set up somethings like the money match stations, or the projectors. Everything was not what I expected it to be like.

I learned some new things for running a tourney of this size such as:
-Pre-paid registration is MANDATORY. It took like 6 hours from starting signups to the start of the first event, with working straight the entire time.
-I need to setup everything the night before. I thought the 1.5 hours before signups would be enough. It wasn't.

On top of it all, I was very sick at the tourney. I've been sick since Monday, and it never passed. I'm loosing my voice, coughing every minute, and more.

Once things got rolling, it started to get pretty smooth, despite having a shortage of TVs.....

Also, this is very important:

SOMEONE'S WII WAS STOLEN TODAY

I don't know if someone took it by accident or not, but it's very important that it is returned.

As for what was done, doubles pools is over, and we got some of singles round 1 done.

THE VENUE OPENS AT 10AM TOMORROW

We will finish singles pools, do doubles bracket, then singles round 2 and singles bracket. If there is time leftover (lol), I will see about some regional crew battles.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I'm just wondering if I wasn't there today, what shape this tourney wouild be in right now.
FYI this is the black guy with the voice.
It would of probably went smoother............................

Also looks like we not doing crews or low tiers. O and 2 people asked me to hack their wii's tomorrow. If anyone else wants their wii hacked let me know!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
This tournament was ok so far. Like the people make it AMAZING but the way it was run was horrible(no offense chibo). Me and vex made it into the bracket and i should make it to round 2 the way its going. its mad fun and hopefully everything is good

B@sic Sausage

Smash Apprentice
TvC Copies for SALE!!!!

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Burned copies Verbatim $2-TDK $1

If you're planning on buying some Text/call me asap 646-713-9038 i will be walking around asking if anyone wants to buy. TDK Dvd's are sumtimes unstable so ill give you a money back guarantee. Verbatim are one of the best quality Dvd's hence why its 2 dollars. I'm Basic Sausage for those who don't read sigs or names so yea give me a call and we'll set a meeting place up. Thanks for your Patronage.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i do have an account, i log in and it still says

"cannot join channel : .......(address is banned)"

so they blocked my IP or something

swordgard

Smash Hero
Wow, someone stole a wii. Im pretty sure its a mistake, but if its not, the guy who did it is a jerk.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
IT'S KEITARO TIME!!!!

I'm having alot of fun and I'm hoping to be one of the 32 of 280 people to make it out of pools. Wtf ain't it top 64 make it out of pools?? I hope time becomes limited and we do a big *** bracket cause the people here are too good.

Get @ Keitaro and JCeaser for 2-0ing Ally and Seibrik in teams pools :D
<3 Ally Time and Seibrik time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom