• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
(yes I know I'm not m2k)

tbh Marth/Wario isn't is as much favor for Marth as some may think. Good Wario's don't get grabbed, and we already know that it's hard enough to grab at all with Marth's crappy grab range. Still, grab release works great when you can actually pull it off.

But Wario racks up the damage very easily on Marth, and that fsmash is brutal since Marth is so light.

I'd say it's 55-45 in Marth's favor. Maybe even. Then again, my Marth was only ever average at best and I'm saying this based on facing JL, one of the best Warios out there, so I could be wrong ._.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
(yes I know I'm not m2k)

tbh Marth/Wario isn't is as much favor for Marth as some may think. Good Wario's don't get grabbed, and we already know that it's hard enough to grab at all with Marth's crappy grab range. Still, grab release works great when you can actually pull it off.

But Wario racks up the damage very easily on Marth, and that fsmash is brutal since Marth is so light.

I'd say it's 55-45 in Marth's favor. Maybe even. Then again, my Marth was only ever average at best and I'm saying this based on facing JL, one of the best Warios out there, so I could be wrong ._.
Marth's grab is 3rd best among non-tethers, but no nothing amazing. Anyway the match is 60 40 at best IMO, wario has limited options against proper zoning from marth. The grab release isn't that big of a factor.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
(yes I know I'm not m2k)

i somewhat agree with that, once i learn the matchup more ill determine what i think id say 60-40 right now though

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
beating someone once does not make them better. It's how good a person is overall. I'm afraid of lots of people, but I wouldn't say any one person right now is "better" overall.

and by overall I don't mean in playing all the characters because then Azen is clearly and undeniably the best, I only cared about playing a few chars in Brawl because I have no motivation to use othes. I might in the future but it's unlikely since I don't enjoy Brawl like I did Melee.
secondary jiggz and u can release grab rest wario :D

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Marth's grab is 3rd best among non-tethers, but no nothing amazing. Anyway the match is 60 40 at best IMO, wario has limited options against proper zoning from marth. The grab release isn't that big of a factor.
Really? I know for sure that MK and DDD have better grabs, but I also thought that Snake, Falco and a bunch more did as well.

These are two of the best Wario and Marth users, and it's clear that despite Marth's zoning, Wario will find ways to get around it. I agree that it's 60-40 at best, but I'm leaning towards 55-45 for Marth.

Anyways, how bout that tournament. wooot hypeee

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
papa sintros is offering rides from new york city to cot4 for a reasonable price of $15, not a penny more for round trip.

Sintros and NinjaLink and most likely myself (trying figure out how much money i will have. depending on how much, i might not be able 2 make it)

so, the 1st 2 (and might be 3) people that is willing 2 go (FOR SURE) please PM me

i still am in need of a partner, even though im asking really really late xDD (pls no whack ppls) lmfao

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
papa sintros is offering rides from new york city to cot4 for a reasonable price of $15, not a penny more for round trip.

Sintros and NinjaLink and most likely myself (trying figure out how much money i will have. depending on how much, i might not be able 2 make it)

so, the 1st 2 (and might be 3) people that is willing 2 go (FOR SURE) please PM me

i still am in need of a partner, even though im asking really really late xDD (pls no whack ppls) lmfao
When is he leaving?
nevermind I IMed him

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
LOL I have the exact same thing. Thank god for my trusty pen :laugh:

Also, how did this become a discussion between the Snake DDD matchup? Seriously? Snake does not have an advantage. I'd say it's his worst matchup in the game. At least 55-45 for DDD, probably 60-40.

Just because Ally beat Atomsk does not mean Snake has an advantage in the matchup. As awesome as Atomsk is, let's not forget that Ally is a robot terrorist.

Also, Azen beat Ally with DDD. Azen doesn't even main, or afaik, secondary DDD. He's just extremely smart and used a counter character against Ally. And won.

tl;dr, DDD COUNTERS SNAKE.
This logic is terrible...you basically just said 2 != 2.

Atomsk lost to Ally, who you claim is a smarter player. I don't want to debate this, so let's pretend it's true. He lost because Ally is a smarter player, although Ally had the disadvantage in the matchup. You say that this match alone shouldn't determine the matchup's ratio because Ally is a smarter and better player. I agree that you cannot judge the exact ratio of the matchup based on one set, but...

Ally lost to Azen, who is a smarter player. Azen won because he picked a counter matchup against Ally, despite not being experienced with that character, and because of his overall superiority at the game (your words). What makes THIS one set automatically more credible than Ally vs. Atomsk in determining how the match goes? How does THIS one set mean DDD counters Snake?

Also consider that either player could have been playing poorly or been bad at the matchup. M2K mentioned that Atomsk sucks against Snake. Atomsk could have been nervous and off his game against Ally, and same goes for Ally against Azen. I know this might not be anything more than johns for said players, but it's something to take into account. One set in which DDD beats Snake says just as much as a set in which Snake beats DDD, if you're just going to go discrediting one of them. You said Ally's superior playing helped him overcome a bad matchup--what's stopping the same from happening with Azen? What if the fact that he's a better player helped him win in one of DDD's disadvantaged matches?

Also, people have started saying Snake beats DDD since a week BEFORE Cataclysm 4 in NJ. -_- The Spam vs. Vex match started this.

As for my personal views on the match, I think it's even. DDD can't deal with the camping and getting killed much earlier than normal, and Snake can't deal with getting grabbed and taking 50 damage each time that happens.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
This logic is terrible...you basically just said 2 != 2.

Atomsk lost to Ally, who you claim is a smarter player. I don't want to debate this, so let's pretend it's true. He lost because Ally is a smarter player, although Ally had the disadvantage in the matchup. You say that this match alone shouldn't determine the matchup's ratio because Ally is a smarter and better player. I agree that you cannot judge the exact ratio of the matchup based on one set, but...

Ally lost to Azen, who is a smarter player. Azen won because he picked a counter matchup against Ally, despite not being experienced with that character, and because of his overall superiority at the game (your words). What makes THIS one set automatically more credible than Ally vs. Atomsk in determining how the match goes? How does THIS one set mean DDD counters Snake?
Atomsk mains DDD. Azen does not. Like I said, as far as I know, Azen doesn't even secondary DDD. So when you whip out a character that you don't even main or secondary, as much as being a very smart player has to do with it, I believe that the fact that DDD is a counter to Snake is also an obvious factor why Azen won that set.

But you're right. Now that I read my post, it was thought out pretty badly >_____>

PolMex23

Smash Champion
im lookin for a place to stay....i dont really feel like sleepiong at a venue xD...

an im at work bnout to leave alill toned but it is youir song bro xD

You love men...whhy not admit to your dreams of raining men?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom