• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
chopin style placings

1st: not awarded
2nd: not awarded
3rd: Mango
4th: not awarded
5th : Dr. pp
6th: not awarded
7th: not awarded
8th: not awarded
9th: not awarded
10th: Armada

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy crap B-Will!!! You should definitely come down to PHX sometime to play. It's been FOREVER. Please come back!!

On topic, I think Armada will take this :)

:phone:
It has been forever! Part of the reason why I am still interested in the game and this site is because of you haha. I randomly decided to go on smashboards one day and the first set I watched was you vs. m2k at...I want to say Zenith 2010. It was an amazing set which you won and it got me hooked into melee again although I still haven't played it yet.

haha I recently decided to watch my old videos from 2006 and I realized how terrible at the game I was, although I was ok for 2006 standards. I never utilized things like shine grabs, wavelanding, dashdashing, etc. I was so predictable back then...i used like dair to shine like 90 percent of the time with no mixups. My tech skill wasn't great and I had no mindgames lol. It makes me want to pick up the game again and see how good I could get at it now that I have a better understanding of the game from just watching good falco players like you, mango, and PP.

Who knows, next time my gf and I are in Phoenix, maybe I'll come find you! :)

willyyy

Smash Rookie
Hi, I' m a Spanish Brawler and this is my prediction:

1-ARMADA
2-Mango
3-Hungrybox
4-Dr PeePee
5-M2k
5-Javi
7-KirbyKaze
7-Hax

One question:
Where are a Brawl predictions?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Bout time for you guys to change your predictions. Javi, Aza, and .jpg should all be placing top 12. Mexico will beat you down.

Edit: And Javi should be a lock for top 4, IMO.

imo

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Bout time for you guys to change your predictions. Javi, Aza, and .jpg should all be placing top 12. Mexico will beat you down.

Edit: And Javi should be a lock for top 4, IMO.

imo
IDK about that. He's going to have big troubles against the "furious five".

Battlecow

Play to Win
I wonder how they're gonna seed javi. he did get top 4 last year. Will he and m2k will meet PP and hbox in WQ's? or perhaps... nah you know what I'm not even gonna try to figure it out, it prolly has to do with Road to Apex points and all that jazz. Let me just say that I am pumped for this.

Also- .jpg and aza. Contenders for top 12? Seems unlikely, but what info do we have on them? .jpg is like top 7 in mexico or something, right? And he uses marth. Recent aza vid--not too shabby at all, considering it's javi. I wouldn't be surprised if either or both of these guys won a couple of bracket matches.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Umm, it's hard to say. Probably someone from Mexico can give better info, but from what I've seen .jpg is just a notch under Javi/Twin but he also seems to improve FAST. It was some time ago when .jpg couldn't take games off of either of them, but recently it seems he beats Twin more often than not, and it's no surprise to see him take matches off Javi. Aza is a Sheik player and is also up there for the top players of Mexico. But also the player pool isn't quite as large there, so that should be taken into consideration. I wouldn't put him at M2K//KirbyKaze-level, but I'm not sure if there are any other Sheiks I would safely put above him.

Of course, I always enjoy rooting for the underdogs so I'm slightly biased haha. I would like to hear Mexican players' point of view on their best!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Javi should be seeded top 4. Anything else is poor TOing imo.

Apex 2012 was only one tourny, but you don't just fluke your way to 4th place at the second biggest melee tourny ever.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Not to mention he did so storming through Losers', and beat a wide variety of players (instead of say, all Falcos).

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
Javi should be seeded top 4. Anything else is poor TOing imo.
they better seed him like this, if not that is very gay but idk anything about seeding works

looking forward to see how he will do

Chisk1n

Smash Cadet
Javi is the clear #1 in Mexico, but 2,3 & 4 is a hard battle between Twin, Yu & Valdo.

IMHO Twin has the potential to do better than any other mexican player (besides Javi) but right now it seems like Twin, Yu and Valdo are pretty even.

Probably Aza is 5° and .JPG 6° or 7°

And dont forget my friends the MM between Yu & Lovage, my bet is on Yu to destroy Lovage ;)

And my predictions on the top ten depends if Twin can attend apex, like i said before, Javi increase his skills & level dramatically when his twin is with him, the best coach and great support to Javi :)

Now imagine the Twin destruction Team in doubles! HYPEEEEEEEE :p

Battlecow

Play to Win
Twin isn't going, apparently.

Is Yu going? I didn't think he was.

Honestly before I was looking forward to seeing lovage take his money

but nowadays I would so bet on yu lol

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean the question we have to ask ourselves is, "Would yu have made it out of pools at Kings of Cali?"

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yeah I want to know if Yu is going as well, and if so then hopefully he/lovage end up doing the MM! That would be pretty hype imo.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Javi vs armada: best fox main in the world in a good matchup vs the best player in the worldd

or javi vs mango: revenge for the exhibition match

or javi vs PP: revenge for the loser's quarters

or javi vs m2k: does m2k really have his number, like he seemed to in those friendlies? Or is there finally a fox good enough to beat Mr. Zimmerman?

or javi vs hbox: has javi stepped up the jiggs practice and figured puff out?

Lol unless javi goes out early in bracket (also a possibility) I'm not gonna be disappointed

oh and I also wanna see him play axe and shroomed and wobbles to see how he deals with weird characters

lol

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Javi will do. Looking forward to Mango vs Armada as per usual. I want a Falcon main to just wreck **** up. Apex 2013 is gonna be fun to watch.

Landry

Smash Ace
I hope Javi will do well but I just don't know.

PP is killing it right now and I honestly don't think Javi could take him anymore. I could be wrong, but I dunno... PP is on fire.

Mango is just Mango. If he's in try hard mode then good luck to Javi (or anyone else really). Plus he won that exhibition last year, not that it means anything going forward.

HBox will probably wreck. He goes off against any Fox that isn't Mango. He won last time, too.

M2K will pull his usual Sheik/Marth combo. Good luck beating him with Fox. Seems like he can take Javi, if friendlies are any indication.

Armada won't lose to Javi. He has so much experience in that matchup (and he's just incredible).

So anyway, that's why I don't think Javi can get into the top 4.

Top Bottom