• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Zoler

Smash Ace
The thing is, Beat is (quite wisely) considering the possibility that he'll lose the bet, which shows a (tiny) lack of confidence. At least, I think that's the joke Novi was making; not sure why that means he can't read.
I considered the fact that the money will probably be sent beforehand to a third party to keep the money. This won't be possible if Beat doesn't have any money. If not I can understand what Novi meant.

Beat!

Smash Master
A principle of mine that I hold very firmly is that I don't bet money I don't have, regardless of circumstances. Never have, never will. If you want to call that lack of confidence, then sure.

And yeah, I get that it was partly a joke.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
I considered the fact that the money will probably be sent beforehand to a third party to keep the money. This won't be possible if Beat doesn't have any money. If not I can understand what Novi meant.
Cool, I thought most of these bets didn't use a third party. I guess Europe is more sophisticated than the USA. :)

A principle of mine that I hold very firmly is that I don't bet money I don't have, regardless of circumstances. Never have, never will. If you want to call that lack of confidence, then sure.

And yeah, I get that it was partly a joke.
Yeah, bro, I said you were "quite wise" :)

Beat!

Smash Master
I'm not sure if a third party would be involved. I wouldn't mind either way, at least not with Battlecow, since I've done a bet with him before, so I know he's trustworthy.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol yeah good policy on the not-betting-what-you-don't-have, beat. I'd go even further and say that you shouldn't bet what you can't afford to lose, regardless of circumstances.

but yeah I'm down to act as a third party for bets if anyone trusts me or to take armada-losing bets from anyone or PP or mango winning bets with odds

Yobolight

Smash Lord
M2K just won singles in Brawl and Melee and ProjectM yesterday, I'm telling yall he will be at least top ten.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I'd lost all hope of Mew2king performing well, with regard to both Brawl and Melee, at APEX, but his recent flurry of successful activity has me intrigued.

Predictions are largely useless until I see the bracket though.

EDIT: Also, Armada's probably (~80% positive) still winning. Person with the best chance of beating him is Hungrybox, but he'll guaranteed lose to PeePee or Mango, should they meet in bracket beforehand.

The only players I'd describe as "wildcards" (capable of potentially cracking the above four) are Mew2king, KirbyKaze and Javi (and, due to pretty insufficient data, I'm not certain I can call this one). That's literally it, IMO. Melee's skill gaps are dumb.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Predictions are largely useless until I see the bracket though.
This is why I avoided making conventional predictions as well.

How do the Road to Apex points work again? For example, are the "Big 4" will be seeded in such a way that we already know who's meeting who in Winner's Semis if none of them lose before then? Does Javi's placing from last year result in him getting a 4-seed? Etc. etc.

Someone should set up a betting pool once the bracket is up the night before bracket starts, I'd consider dropping a few bucks on it.

Blistering, I'd be interested in knowing why you feel HBox has the best chance v. Armada.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
The only players I'd describe as "wildcards" (capable of potentially cracking the above four) are Mew2king, KirbyKaze and Javi (and, due to pretty insufficient data, I'm not certain I can call this one). That's literally it, IMO. Melee's skill gaps are dumb.
After Axe's recent performances I could see him cracking top 4. Specifically I should say I could see him beating PP(Almost did it at kings of Cali), and I suppose the same thing applies to Shroomed.

voorhese

Smash Master
I am writing a formal apology for forget about hax;

soz mang

-voorhese

Now one for axe;

I am done making predictions now.....

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to bet somebody like 3-5 dollars javi will outpace armada.

:phone:

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Ok how does this work? I won't be attending apex, so do we just pay pal when it happens?

Also, I'll bet you 5

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
The mango bet is so I can cover my 5 in case of the event javi doesn't outpace armada. Mango will f*** armada up.

Raise me if you're so sure

VoiD-

Smash Apprentice
If they do seed the big four, I think the fairest pairings based on performance would be Armada(1) v Hbox(4) and Mango(probably 2) v PP(probably 3) in winners.

I hope they don't do it strictly based on qualifier points, though it seems like that might be what's implied from the site (no complete description of the system yet, though). Armada should clearly be seeded first but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be if it's just off point totals. Maybe they'll be adjusted in some way to account for number of tournaments attended.

Landry

Smash Ace
If they do seed the big four, I think the fairest pairings based on performance would be Armada(1) v Hbox(4) and Mango(probably 2) v PP(probably 3) in winners.
Meh, I don't really like that at all. We've seen those two matchups so often. Lets see Mango v Armada and PP v HBox or even Mango v HBox and PP v Armada.

Landry

Smash Ace
you can't seed based on what you want to see. You seed based on who is the best and worst.
Yeah... I know. But of course that is subjective. How exactly do the qualifier points work? Based on the amount of Road to Apex events in the US I would assume that PP and Mango probably both have more qualifier points than Armada. Unless Armada automatically gets #1 seed as the defending champ or whatever.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Alex Strife:

what is seeding for me/hbox/armada/mango at apex?

I don't care if you seed me last, I am really just curious so I know how to prepare.

If you don't want to say in public then just private message me please.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
so long as kk doesn't play mango in semis like he does EVERY TOURNAMENT we'll be fine

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
We are seeding based on a mixture of the points and community members working on it. Points are primary but we will do other things secondary that will be considered.

I am not seeding though :D I always leave that to my staff.

icyrvnd

Smash Cadet
Armada vs Hungrybox
On game 1 the blind pick will be Armada with YL and Hbox with Falco in hopes to counter YL
Little does Hbox know, Armada trained his YL versus everything

get on my future-seeing level

MaNg0

Smash Hero
bracket should be seeded

me hbox m2k on one side

pp armada on other side

then u throw the people who think theyre good wherever u want

IMO

can throw kk on the pp side

s2j against armada or s2j against pp and kk against armada

javi against m2k

also i just made this bracket for best possible matches

and not whats fair exactly ~

notice hbox doesnt play anyone in the mango bracket

LMAOAOA

and since ive ***** everyone multiple times

ill just get winner of pp armada

Charlesz

Smash Champion
bracket should be seeded

me hbox m2k on one side

pp armada on other side

IMO

javi against m2k

LMAOAOA

lolllllllll

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I enjoy the randomness of brackets with simple seedings. Predetermined mu's or bracket switching seems dumb. It's the luck of the draw with a bit of influence based on seedings.

10th

Smash Cadet
bracket should be seeded

me hbox m2k on one side

pp armada on other side

IMO

javi against m2k

LMAOAOA

Any predictions on who you think would win in those matchups you mentioned? PP/armada, KK/armada, KK/PP, s2j/armada, etc?

Edit: Besides you winning the whole thing of course #mangonation

Top Bottom