• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
Arguably the second best in the world? Really? How so?

And it's not so much that he's underrated. Puff just sucks. :p
The best player in the world uses a character only slightly better than Captain Falcon (in terms of the most recent tier placement, not even an entire space above him), and significantly worse than Puff. Unless you mean the "lameness" of Puff?

I'll PM you how, not going to unleash the PP / Mango fans upon myself.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
No, I mean that Puff sucks. Not that she's lame.

I think Peach is better at winning things than Puff is. Most people would say Puff is significantly better than Peach. I'm not so sure I agree.

I'll be waiting on that, then.

leffen

Smash Champion
the main reason as to why peach is below puff is because she loses to puff badly.
armada has young link

noone of the top players except hungrybox seems to really know peach either, probably because there aren't that many peaches (even me, who has a ****ton of experience against peach, armada still has probably at least 15 times times more exp against fox players than I do against peach players)

i'm kinda starting to think that I've heavily underrated peach, armada just keeps finding true (not gimmicky) answers to almost all of peachs big problems... and I also recently found a technique that will make her a lot better against every single character in the game >_>

not sure though. I play pal too and she is the top tier that gains the most in it so I dunno.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Ice did well vs Armada...with his Falcon.

I think the answer is clear, leffen.

leffen

Smash Champion
lol yeah.

every time I watch armada play vs falcon its like its screaming to me:

"HE IS GARBAGE AGAINST FALCON, PICK MEEEEE"

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
I guess if you only look at 1 tournament a year then yea hbox is arguably second best in the world.

If you look at the rest of the tournaments this year and see that hbox has lost to mango every time but apex, and lost to pp every time then I'd say he can't really be argued to be the 2nd best in the world at this moment.
still, armada/mango/ppmd/hbox are all able to win this tournament, i think it can go a bunch of different ways, this tourney is just gonna be boss

also armada will be prepared for falcon i bet

leffen

Smash Champion
if hbox plays sheik for 1 week he has a better shot than mango at getting first

sadly he wont play sheik for 1 week

Diakonos

Smash Lord
aw, lame. seeing smaller regions do well is rad.
Haha, well, if it makes you feel better, I'll be spending most of December and the first part of January in BC. So TECHNICALLY I'll be coming from the WC. If Bam ends up going, that is.
0 hanky panky?!
1 armada
2 peepee
3 mango
4 hbox
5 m2k
7 axe
7 shroomed
9 hax
9 kirbykaze
11 javi
17 leffen

mango can try as hard as he wants armada is still amazing
This is a perfect list, except that there is no 11th place, lol. But yeah, my intuition is matching yours.
Holy **** that fat ****er should ease on junk food before he gets type 2 diabetes.
Wth Charles? Have some class.
if hbox plays sheik for 1 week he has a better shot than mango at getting first

sadly he wont play sheik for 1 week
LOL what is going on in this thread.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
1. Hanky Panky
2. PGH Carroll
3. Battlecow
4. Kai Shaw
5. MDZ
7. Max Backderf
7. M2K (forfeit)
9. Ally
9. Ken (interchangeable with M2K. It could go either way.)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
As much as the world doesn't want to admit it, I think leffen will do work this tournament. His fox is definitely legit and implements tactics too many foxes overlook.

Also Sion needs to come IMO...

imo

Battlecow

Play to Win
I think it's funny how people continuously underrate Hbox (arguably the second best player in the world).

Prediction model says Dr Peepee gets 4th, but I don't want to believe that.

:phone:
I think it's funny how you can get insanely, stupidly consistent results for a full year (like 8-10 sets or something, none of them particularly close) and people will still remember the one set hbox won against mango a year ago, and the last time he won against PP (2010 or something LOL)

Not that I'm not ROOTING FOR HIM to get 2nd place to the doctor

It's just not unreasonable to put him at fourth given recent results

1. Hanky Panky
2. PGH Carroll
3. Battlecow
4. Kai Shaw
5. MDZ
7. Max Backderf
7. M2K (forfeit)
9. Ally
9. Ken (interchangeable with M2K. It could go either way.)
That list would be 100% accurate if I was entering melee.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
People act like I don't have secondaries

It's been a year since Apex 2012. It's my move on the chessboard now.

Fox
Falco
Sheik
Marth (one of my faves)
Ganon
Ness

pick your poison
go ness

ssshhh, dont question it, win apex wit ness

Battlecow

Play to Win
People act like I don't have secondaries

It's been a year since Apex 2012. It's my move on the chessboard now.

Fox
Falco
Sheik
Marth (one of my faves)
Ganon
Ness

pick your poison
SSSSSH man you don't gotta be spreadin that

unless it's disinformation designed to make armada train uselessly against a variety of characters

in which case wink wink nudge nudge

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Urgh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

There is no such thing as "top ten". When will people ever understand that...? You don't get top 10 at a tournament, you either get top 8 or top 12!

nitpickingftw

AXE 09

Smash Master
haha of course i know who coty and chuckie are. i know coty from az tournies. I used to play against chuckie and trevyn (zarelid) on almost a day basis. btw, i dont think chuckie ever beat me in tourney either lol.

yeah, i havent touched melee since mid 2007. one day i decided to check smashboards (in 2011 i think) and seeing guys like jeff and rob still playing and doing well brought back memories. since then, ive been lurking the boards, learning about the new metagame and what not. still havent touched smash though ha.

i am in az, but in flagstaff. came here working on my masters at the university. but im not going to lie, i do miss smash.
Holy crap B-Will!!! You should definitely come down to PHX sometime to play. It's been FOREVER. Please come back!!

On topic, I think Armada will take this :)

:phone:

Top Bottom