• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Smashers for Each Character

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm bored

Young Link

Armada
Jash
Lajin/VanZ/Rhan

Many don't know who Hanki is, but he's a YLink player that would beat players such as Axe (his Falco) and Wobbles with YLink. Vectorman knows a good deal about him... I think he posted that Hanki did quit smash but I still think he's worth a mention. He has some old vids up that are still quite interesting to watch.

Anyways, Armada is obvious. Jash still plays Melee and he's still very solid. The only other dedicated Young Link players I know are Lajin and Rhan. I THINK Lajin has more experience and tournament presence than Rhan. The reason why VanZ is up there is because he's one of those players who's just simply good with low tiers. Apparently he has had good success with YLink... idk.

Roy

Sethlon
Nite
Vman/Ripple

Not completely confident in the order I put them in, but definitely Sethlon on top. These are the only people have been seen using Roy well after NEO quit. Exarch is worth mentioning but I don't know anything about him.

Zelda

Cosmo
TheLake
UmbreonMow
MikeyLenetia/DoH

I would like to mention an old school Zelda named Kawn. He would go stock for stock with SilentSpectre, dude was amazing. I want to say he still plays but he doesn't respond to me anymore :( There's also the DarkMusician from Hawaii. He did pretty good vs Cali players back in the day. Dunno if he quit or not too.

Link

HDL
GERM
Trevyn
Skler

Trevyn is an oldschool Link player that always placed well in nationals and would ****. Last time I spoke to him wasn't too long ago. He said he was rooming with Forward and was still playing Melee. Dude is amazing. Skler same story pretty much. Beat a lot of good players back in the day but he said he quit tournaments. I'm pretty sure he didn't quit smash in general though, he also still leaves posts in the Link forums. Only other Links I can think of is Deva, Teh Spammerer, Mr. C and PC Chris. Haven't heard or seen anything from them on Link in a long time.

Doctor Mario

Shroomed
Boss/Otg
Velocity

Velocity started smashing again and has some recent videos. He's pretty solid still. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Boss. He's still been playing Melee. He's prolly better than Otg, but Otg will yell if you place him like that that so eh.

Btw, for every Doc main you name, put them down as the best Marios too if you can't think of any. I only say that since all of the Marios that got well known (Green Mario, The Cape, Gimpyfish, w/e) don't play anymore.
Every Doc is good with Mario, that is a fact.

Bing

Smash Master
People just forget certain people while doing these lists because not a ton of thought is put into these things. However I personally didnt even know he had a G&W or Mario(Not surprised though)

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Bowser
1. Gimpyfish
2. CAOTIC(or CAOS whatever it is)

Captain Falcon
1. SS (SilentSpectre)/Isai
2. SS/Isai
3. Scar/Hax
4. Scar/Hax

Doctor Mario
1. OTG/Shroomed
2. OTG/Shroomed
3. ?
4. HMW (HomeMadeWaffles/Waffles)

Donkey Kong
1. BUM

Falco
1. Mango/PP
2. Mango/PP
3. Zhu/DaShizWiz
4. Zhu/DaShizWiz
>>>inb4 PC Chris<<< if the list is supposed to include non-actives also

Fox
1. Jman
2. Javi
4. M2K??
again PC Chris

Game & Watch
1. QERB

Ganondorf
1. Kage
2. Linguini
3. BizzaroFlame

Ice Climbers
1. ChuDat
2. Wobbles
3. Fly Amanita
4. ?

Jigglypuff
1. Hungrybox
2. Mango
3. The KING

Kirby

Link
1. GERM/Aniki
2. GERM/Aniki

Luigi
1. Luigi Ka-master
2. Pakman/Vudujin
3. Pakman/Vudujin

Mario
2. Mango(aka Scorpion)

Marth
1. M2K/Ken(sephirothken)
2. M2K/Ken
3. Azen

Mewtwo
1. Taj

Ness

Peach
1. Armada
2. Vidjogamer
3. PC/Cort
4. PC/Cort

Pichu
1. NICKNYTE BRO!!!

Pikachu
1. Axe

Roy
1. Neo
2. Sylvan

Samus
1. Wes/Oro/Phanna/DarrelD/HugS
2. (same)
3. (same)
4. (same)

Sheik
1. M2K/Amsah
2. M2K/Amsah
3. KoreanDJ (KDJ)
4. KirbyKaze

Yoshi
1. Leffen

Young Link
1. Armada/D20
2. Armada/D20

Zelda
1. Lake
But I'm a Luigi Main <_>

/everyoneignoresnicknyte

Max?

Smash Champion
I've ***** Velocity pretty badly when we played.

Boss is really really good I agree. He could be better than me, no idea. I do know that recently he has some good tourney placings, tho he's lost to a few people I beat.

I also don't really play this game anymore cause I work 7 days a week and am lucky if I get to play more than once every two weeks.

But I'll be at Zenith and will most likely ****, especially you NJzFinest, tho you would actually have to show up to a tournament for once in order for that to happen.

Dip

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
axe for one of the best young links IMO. he beat stricnyne with YL, and i play with that ****er quite often, as well.... and it's not free :(
unless i use fox LOOLLLL

marths:
1. mew2king
2. taj
3. ice (imo)

4. i don't think any of the marth players have an outstanding case for #4 (myself included), but PPU probably has the nicest resume, though.

hell, ice doesn't have an outstanding case for #3 based on apex results, but when i played a bunch of games with him and unknown after apex, he blew my mind. i think unfortunate sh*t just happened to him at apex. it sounds like (read: is) johns, but i mean, i have no personal reason to be hyping the guy up so much. he just impressed me so much that i was convinced he stood out above the other marth players.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
landing in bad spots isn't even that bad vs samus since she sucks at punishing landings and she cannot even ddgrab so (empty) landing into shield becomes soooo good vs her.
(I know very well how this works since I play yoshi!)
when you say empty landing into shield, do you mean empty shorthop and then shield, or do you mean empty hopping INTO HER SHIELD?

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Many don't know who Hanki is, but he's a YLink player that would beat players such as Axe (his Falco) and Wobbles with YLink. Vectorman knows a good deal about him... I think he posted that Hanki did quit smash but I still think he's worth a mention. He has some old vids up that are still quite interesting to watch.
Oh man, what a blast from the past. Hanki was badass and might have beaten Forward as well in tournament if my memory serves me right. He lived like 2 hours away from Phoenix, and would still travel down for weekly tournaments. He was a cool guy. Boomerang taunt cancel lmfao...

Armada

Smash Lord
I agree with Tai to be honest. I know Ice ****ed up at Apex but in my eyes he is number 3 atm. He needs to learn how to fight against Marth though. Did not play against PPU at Apex but he was really good at Genesis 2 at least.

I really hope some of the marth mains start to place really well and prove a lot of people wrong when they trying to say he is not good.

Hax

Smash Champion
Marth is so good lol, still can't believe people were putting him under peach in the tier list thread last week

:phone:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
kawn was legit.
Amen to that
Did you used to live in Arizona? o.o
lol nah, I wish
But I'll be at Zenith and will most likely ****, especially you NJzFinest, tho you would actually have to show up to a tournament for once in order for that to happen.
<3
Oh man, what a blast from the past. Hanki was badass and might have beaten Forward as well in tournament if my memory serves me right. He lived like 2 hours away from Phoenix, and would still travel down for weekly tournaments. He was a cool guy. Boomerang taunt cancel lmfao...
I always read great things about this guy. A shame we don't have players like him in the new generation of smashers :L

Bing

Smash Master
Just reading some list and Im curious... how the **** can you put KDJ's Sheik over KK's. Like Seriously.
I'd say he's tied with M2K for top Sheik. Amsah 3rd

As for Ice, I was impressed with his performance in Crews, his power shields were rediculous. One day soon, I think Marth is going to take over. There are so many high level Marth's that just need a push.

leffen

Smash Champion
Ice's powershielding in apex crews were HORRIBLE (compared to how he usually plays and ppl like me who can powershield).

His play was very subpar overall imho (to be fair, we knew we had lost by that point)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
@
Shiek
1.M2k
2.Amsah
3.KirbyKaze

Aren't Tope, VanZ, and Teczero considered among the top Sheik players?

Since KDJ, Plank and Drephen don't seem to play much / are rusty, can't think of anyone else better for the 4th spot.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i posted my top 4 marths earlier, but i'll add that i honestly don't think i'm even #4 marth. as i said, if i had to give it to someone, it'd be PPU..... unless we're allowed to pick people who don't main marth. in which case, i'd probably give one of my top 4 spots to Dr. Peepee (his marth is so fresh) or maybe even Axe (you guys don't know how good all of Axe's characters are).

that being said, this all doesn't mean i'm gonna stop trying to be #1, though :)

DarrellD

Smash Ace
she has a LOOOOT of flaws (including not having any broken ****)

the biggest things are obvious, but people don't realize how different these flaws really affect the samus' playstyle.

The fact that she has no real grab really breaks a lot of things. Her whole neutral game is based around her fortfeiting space to dsmash/utilt.
Shes HORRIBLE at gaining space, her ftilt/jab/dashattack are so stupidly overrated (you can just shield them first of all, they are all really unsafe [yes even jab is horrible on shield]) they give low reward and most characters aerial neutral games win over all her approaching options and landing in bad spots isn't even that bad vs samus since she sucks at punishing landings and she cannot even ddgrab so (empty) landing into shield becomes soooo good vs her.
(I know very well how this works since I play yoshi!)

Her shield is stupidly overrated, once you learn that she cannot grab and that her jump is horrible vs grounded opponents you can easily trap her by just standing /jumping a bit away and as long as you hold your space every now and then (to prevent from WDoos forward ->somethingyoucanshieldandeasilypunish) she can't really do ****.

She can't kill someone whos platform camping, her edgeguardings bad and many of the things samus players use as staples are really just gimmicks that rely on them knowing so much more than you. Her recovery is actually not that good at all once you learn it, etc etc

theres a lot more to it but this isnt the place for it anyway.
I'll probably write a more extensive matchup guide for fox/falco/whatever top tier later since I now have frequent Samus practice. However, just knowing how samus works is more important than anything (thats how I beat darrell 2-0 without ever playing a single game of fox v samus before that while he has ****tons of exp in it)
Every time i name search myself and i see that you posted anything with my name is getting on my last ****ing nerve. I cant wait to run into you in tournament so i can soundly beat you and stop these ******** posts. **** you are so god damn annoying

Top Bottom