• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Smashers for Each Character

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Plup is the best Samus. Just ask Hbox. No but really, does HugS still play? Ihsb is mad good but I think Plup is better. Thoughts?
For what it's worth, I think Plup is better than me. More importantly, if he's not, he has some ****ing explaining to do. That dude lives in Florida, he has no excuse for being anything but amazing.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
For what it's worth, I think Plup is better than me. More importantly, if he's not, he has some ****ing explaining to do. That dude lives in Florida, he has no excuse for being anything but amazing.
I think Jack is extremely modest as well. Though it might be true that Plup is a little better overall, Jack is more than willing to undercut himself on a frequent basis. He definitely deserves to be on that list. In my personal opinion the only ones better than him would be Hugs/Plup, with IHSB/Duck about the same with Darryl and Rat somewhere fairly close behind.

leffen

Smash Champion
Every time i name search myself and i see that you posted anything with my name is getting on my last ****ing nerve. I cant wait to run into you in tournament so i can soundly beat you and stop these ******** posts. **** you are so god damn annoying

LOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL

really didn't pick you for the salty whiny type.

http://www.smashboards.com/search.php?searchid=5127436

All time I've mentioned you THREE times, where one where I quoted results you happened to be in. The other one I used you as one of the examples (the other being Duck) of how easy it is to punish samus ftilt/jab by just shielding it, I didn't even mention my win.
This is the first time ever writing about the fact that we even faced...

but yeah, "Every time i name search myself and i see that you posted anything with my name is getting on my last ****ing nerve". L M A O

oh and I'm looking forward to facing you too, but next time i'll actually have mained fox for more than one tournament and it wont be my first ever fox v samus matchup so I guess I'll have to go roy so you can take a stock or two off.

@Best samus: 1. Darrell/Plup (darrell should imo get #1 since he has performed much better in other nationals)
2. Hugs/Duck
3. Pi/IHSB/Cyr

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think Jack is extremely modest as well. Though it might be true that Plup is a little better overall, Jack is more than willing to undercut himself on a frequent basis. He definitely deserves to be on that list. In my personal opinion the only ones better than him would be Hugs/Plup, with IHSB/Duck about the same with Darryl and Rat somewhere fairly close behind.
You do the same too, so... =P

G. Vice

Smash Lord
You do the same too, so... =P
Idk...I've always thought myself and Jack pretty similar. We have a similar playstyle and have made somewhat of a name for ourselves for it despite living in a crappy area. He moreso than I though.

Maybe so, I'm not sure Kage.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Jack travels a lot more than you do. All you have is videos. :( You could get so good if you traveled Mr Vice

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Jack travels a lot more than you do. All you have is videos. :( You could get so good if you traveled Mr Vice
Thanks Strong Bad. But it's hard for someone who has to be at church every sunday at 9AM to be much of a traveler. I'd like to one day, but school and church really has to take priority right now. Maybe one day. There are so many people I wanna play. I do wanna play those people who I hear about all the time.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Kirby
1. Hack
2. Armada
3. Kuya
4. Chu Dat
5. Deathscythe Hello

Those are the only Kirby players I know who aren't absolutely terrible. Thoughts?
I was keeping to myself pretty well for most of the thread. Then I saw this post, and I think my head exploded.

Sucks I don't travel to other regions at all. So hard to get well known.

Heck I'm probably the only Kirby main that is Power Ranked in his state: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315452

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I was keeping to myself pretty well for most of the thread. Then I saw this post, and I think my head exploded.

Sucks I don't travel to other regions at all. So hard to get well known.

Heck I'm probably the only Kirby main that is Power Ranked in his state: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315452
The only ones I really know are only Chexr and Wake... sucks to be you guys I guess.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
aarosmashguy is the force that bracket canceled Scar in 2009

adechrist

Smash Cadet
How is SilentSpectre not in the top 4 Falcons? He beat Scar pretty convincingly about a month ago. If it's because he's semi-retired I guess thats fair... but still. Even if he only plays once a month at most, he's good enough that he deserves an honorable mention. Especially if Darkrain is up there.

Also, lolz at Mango being a top Puff

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He had a fairly legendary crew battle MU against M2K's Sheik

past_b

Smash Apprentice
I'm bored

Young Link

Armada
Jash
Lajin/VanZ/Rhan

Many don't know who Hanki is, but he's a YLink player that would beat players such as Axe (his Falco) and Wobbles with YLink. Vectorman knows a good deal about him... I think he posted that Hanki did quit smash but I still think he's worth a mention. He has some old vids up that are still quite interesting to watch.

Anyways, Armada is obvious. Jash still plays Melee and he's still very solid. The only other dedicated Young Link players I know are Lajin and Rhan. I THINK Lajin has more experience and tournament presence than Rhan. The reason why VanZ is up there is because he's one of those players who's just simply good with low tiers. Apparently he has had good success with YLink... idk.

Roy

Sethlon
Nite
Vman/Ripple

Not completely confident in the order I put them in, but definitely Sethlon on top. These are the only people have been seen using Roy well after NEO quit. Exarch is worth mentioning but I don't know anything about him.

Zelda

Cosmo
TheLake
UmbreonMow
MikeyLenetia/DoH

I would like to mention an old school Zelda named Kawn. He would go stock for stock with SilentSpectre, dude was amazing. I want to say he still plays but he doesn't respond to me anymore :( There's also the DarkMusician from Hawaii. He did pretty good vs Cali players back in the day. Dunno if he quit or not too.

Link

HDL
GERM
Trevyn
Skler

Trevyn is an oldschool Link player that always placed well in nationals and would ****. Last time I spoke to him wasn't too long ago. He said he was rooming with Forward and was still playing Melee. Dude is amazing. Skler same story pretty much. Beat a lot of good players back in the day but he said he quit tournaments. I'm pretty sure he didn't quit smash in general though, he also still leaves posts in the Link forums. Only other Links I can think of is Deva, Teh Spammerer, Mr. C and PC Chris. Haven't heard or seen anything from them on Link in a long time.

Doctor Mario

Shroomed
Boss/Otg
Velocity

Velocity started smashing again and has some recent videos. He's pretty solid still. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Boss. He's still been playing Melee. He's prolly better than Otg, but Otg will yell if you place him like that that so eh.

Btw, for every Doc main you name, put them down as the best Marios too if you can't think of any. I only say that since all of the Marios that got well known (Green Mario, The Cape, Gimpyfish, w/e) don't play anymore.
Every Doc is good with Mario, that is a fact.
trevyn, aka zarelid, was an amazing link back in the day. same with hanki with young link. i played against both of them quite a bit in the past. trevyn is old school and he was always placing with link. hanki was an up and coming young link, beating notable arizona players before i retired. not sure how much they both play these days....

Varist

Smash Lord
People are missing the point. Inactivity doesn't matter.

If you played Bowser and were awesome for a year, quit playing for three years, and so three years later people be playin Bowser and no one is as tech as you / plays any match ups better than you / placed as high as you, it doesn't ****ing MATTER if you're inactive. You ARE the best bowser. Just pick the controller right back up and keep being the best.

mango doesn't stop being the best when he goes to sleep.

he doesn't stop being the best when he doesn't play for a week.

for a month.

for a year?

see, where the **** is this 'line' where you become inactive and the metagame MUST have passed you by now. it doesn't exist.

it's arbitrary. so get off the inactive ****. the best player who ever played is still the best player who ever played even if he dies on a ****ing safari on the coasts of swahili.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
So what lists would ppl agree with for Kirby sheik Samus and bowser?

:phone:
Sheik
M2K
Amsah
KK

Bowser
Gimpy

Samus
there's a good amount of great Samus players, but I'm not sure who's on top. HBox would likely say plup...maybe hugs? There's one more guy I would say bu this name isn't coming to mind now.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
People are missing the point. Inactivity doesn't matter.

If you played Bowser and were awesome for a year, quit playing for three years, and so three years later people be playin Bowser and no one is as tech as you / plays any match ups better than you / placed as high as you, it doesn't ****ing MATTER if you're inactive. You ARE the best bowser. Just pick the controller right back up and keep being the best.

mango doesn't stop being the best when he goes to sleep.

he doesn't stop being the best when he doesn't play for a week.

for a month.

for a year?

see, where the **** is this 'line' where you become inactive and the metagame MUST have passed you by now. it doesn't exist.

it's arbitrary. so get off the inactive ****. the best player who ever played is still the best player who ever played even if he dies on a ****ing safari on the coasts of swahili.
I agree with your argument, but how is there any proof that Mango is still a good Puff?

There are a lot of players that were "the best", and when those players become inactive, it does not automatically make them bad. But when new players come in, and old players do not come back, they no longer have a claim on their title. Isai may still be the best Melee Falcon, but if the way he played at Apex has anything to do with it, he isn't. Gimpy is still probably the best Bowser because no one else plays him, but there are players that have lost (and deserved to lose) their "best" title due to inactivity.

Does Gojira still play?
Gojira is from Utah, and he has been inactive for a VERY long time....

Every tournament he says he is going to get back into the scene, but never comes....

So no he doesn't.

Varist

Smash Lord
I agree with your argument, but how is there any proof that Mango is still a good Puff?

There are a lot of players that were "the best", and when those players become inactive, it does not automatically make them bad.

But when new players come in, and old players do not come back, they no longer have a claim on their title.

Isai may still be the best Melee Falcon, but if the way he played at Apex has anything to do with it, he isn't.

Gimpy is still probably the best Bowser because no one else plays him, but there are players that have lost (and deserved to lose) their "best" title due to inactivity.
gonna take this line by line.

Mango is still a good puff. You take it on faith that his skill has not atrophied. No one will be able to answer the question you just addressed me, there's nothing objective about it, so it's a common sense deal. Just go look up stats, I think he played puff in teams like a year ago and it was still ****.

For sure.

Yes they do. Because skill in this game is not really ranked head-on. You might think that because the best player left his character and no one can challenge him for the spot he's taking away their ability to be the best ____. But they can perform better than the old best player relative to other players and become the new best player. This is why someone who just picked up Falcon is not going to be better than SS automatically simply because he left the scene. His history is still there as a checkpoint for other Falcons. If no other Falcon passes that checkpoint, SS is still the #1 ****.

Anecdotal evidence.

You lose your best spot as an indirect result of inactivity. Not because of inactivity. Putting down the game for a month does not make you lose your #1 spot. It doesn't even matter how much your skills degenerate. If no one plays better than you while you're gone you're still the best until you pick the game back up. If you suck when you pick it up, still doesn't matter, no one has yet reached the level of your era.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
There's one more guy I would say but his name isn't coming to mind now.
There it is!

Edit: Have we put wobbles anywhere. Wobbles is definitely list worthy.

Edit2: Yup we've got Wobbles, continuing for some low tiers
Ness- Mofo, maybe HBox but he's not second I'm sure
Pichu- Unknown522 is apprently good, shouldn't take my word.
Luigi-Eddie?
Also, didn't King make a legit comeback last year? I'd definitely put him 4th for jiggs.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Has Dj Nintendo used bowser in a national if he has then ill put him under bowser. Also would any agree if I made m2k 1st then mango 2nd for fox? That's just my opinion

Also for capt falcon what would be good for spots 2,3, and 4. Overall Hax takes the first spot I think everyone can agree.

Honorable mentions will be done after lists are completed

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Ok I'll put him under bowser.

The m2k mango matchup is weird cause they really don't play fox that much but when they do it's amazing.

Top Bottom