• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Smashers for Each Character

Beat!

Smash Master
Doesn't really matter that much if M2K is slightly better than Mango at Fox dittos (I don't even think he is). Mango is clearly the better Fox overall.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i dont really know who's better honestly. probably mango, most likely mango but

m2k should try out fox more haha

he's so calculated

Psychoace

Smash Champion
How is SilentSpectre not in the top 4 Falcons? He beat Scar pretty convincingly about a month ago. If it's because he's semi-retired I guess thats fair... but still. Even if he only plays once a month at most, he's good enough that he deserves an honorable mention. Especially if Darkrain is up there.

Also, lolz at Mango being a top Puff
darkrain isn't idle he's been to like three tournaments in the past month. One in which he won.

adechrist

Smash Cadet
darkrain isn't idle he's been to like three tournaments in the past month. One in which he won.
Still. I think SilentSpectre should be on the list. He's gotten 2nd at the last 2 tournamnets he's entered (CGC 25, and Campbell tourney 5). SilentSpectre placed better and beat Scar and SFAT. SFAT got top 16 at Apex. He only lost to Shroomed, who's one of the best in the world (Top 8 at Apex). I don't know much about Texas smash, but I believe SS plays in a tougher region.

Anyway. I think SS should be above Darkrain and Scar. I see no argument at all for Scar being above SS.
NorCal PR http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=85627

EDIT: Pretty sure Scar is only up there because of I killed Mufasa I II and III. He probably has the best combos out of all the Falcons, but that doesn't mean he's one of the best.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
EDIT: Pretty sure Scar is only up there because of I killed Mufasa I II and III. He probably has the best combos out of all the Falcons, but that doesn't mean he's one of the best.
........Do you even know who Scar is!?!

he outplaced every falcon at Genesis 1...
sure those are pretty old results, but to state that he's only famous because of combo videos is plain ridiculous

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if Scar is the best but he's cutting out the fat to make that lean, sculpted falcon. It's gunna be so sexy.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i put scar up high because of how he performed at santa cruz, beating shroomed, lovage, and smoke2joints. he didn't do so hot at northwest manifest, though

no big deal, i mean, these falcons are really good. it can go either way with those guys

hax does the most consistently well at large scale tournaments, so i like him being #1

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I made the point known to the host who is really the only person that i felt was necessary - also anyone who asked. I wasn't trying to ruin the event for anyone who came and worked hard to play is why i didn't make a big fuss to everyone possible.

In reality the decision was made already and it really would not have mattered what was said by the time I was able to say anything.

I made the decision for my reasons and to show that I personally dude not support the decision - I wasn't there to ruin the event or create some kind of tension where players felt they had to forfeit or something.

The decision was made and has now passed.

:phone:
A player did not qualify for brackets but was placed into brackets anyway, and actually was allowed to make progress through the bracket. This is unacceptable and would never have been allowed at any major in any other community, and I am shocked that it was allowed in this community so willingly by so many players.

I am quite sad.

The circumstances of this happening were not only NOT extreme OR unusual, but were actually quite black and white. A player did not come to the tournament in a proper mental state and because of this did not qualify for the brackets. This was not an extreme circumstance where a player had some sort of medical emergency or something like that and a bracket did not FINISH, but simply a player that did not qualify and was given special treatment.

Dislike.

Regardless of HOW he was placed into the bracket, he was placed into the bracket. I don't really care who's spot he took, all I know is there are a lot of players who came ready on day one who would have loved to have been given an equal opportunity to place 4th and still play on day two. Even more importantly, there are people who came ready, placed top 3, and were out placed by a player who didn't even qualify for the event.

That is why I withdrew from the tournament.
^ :( I can understand

D

Deleted member

Still. I think SilentSpectre should be on the list. He's gotten 2nd at the last 2 tournamnets he's entered (CGC 25, and Campbell tourney 5). SilentSpectre placed better and beat Scar and SFAT. SFAT got top 16 at Apex. He only lost to Shroomed, who's one of the best in the world (Top 8 at Apex). I don't know much about Texas smash, but I believe SS plays in a tougher region.

Anyway. I think SS should be above Darkrain and Scar. I see no argument at all for Scar being above SS.
NorCal PR http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=85627

in a santa cruz tournament, scar beat me, lovage 2-1 (winners/ grand finals sets), shroomed. it's unfair to cite 2 tournaments that are before scar trained up and ignore his wins

==
gimpy was in my pool, but despite his rust i can easily see why he used to be top 10 in socal and ****** people like lucky in back in the day finals sets lol, i'll admit i never played any other bowser in my life but he impressed me

Ghostype

Smash Champion
How'd Azen get zero honorable mentions for any character in this entire thread? N**** played every character at national level in his day, and was one of the first people to legitimately stomp Ken at a national. C'MON GAIZ THIS WHY I DON'T POST ON INTERNETS

Btw this thread would have been better if it were a Best Combo Video for Each Character thread.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
How'd Azen get zero honorable mentions for any character in this entire thread? N**** played every character at national level in his day, and was one of the first people to legitimately stomp Ken at a national. C'MON GAIZ THIS WHY I DON'T POST ON INTERNETS

Btw this thread would have been better if it were a Best Combo Video for Each Character thread.
I don't think Azen really plays much anymore. Lots of players have passed him up in terms of skill.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I don't think Azen really plays much anymore. Lots of players have passed him up in terms of skill.
He quit, hence why I said honorable mention lol. I was really surprised reading through this thread and no one mentioned him, but saw even NEO's name multiple times. NEO! NEO just lives on facebook and rants about black people ****!

Ok carry on now, just wanted to up my post count.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Does rockcrock still play melee? I would put him as a top Ganondorf.
He still goes to tournaments in Florida but I dont know if he actually travels to out of state nationals.

EDIT: @KITE91: I think the Falcon list is good except that Scar and SS should switch places. Scar has been getting very good and got 1st place at a tournament in Santa Cruz California where he beat S2j and Lovage.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
There are 5 Falcon mains that are top tier. All of them should be included on any such list.

Ripple is one of the best (one of the only) Roy mains! Actually made it out of pools @ Genesis and SMYM13 IIRC.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I made teams bracket with sethlon :D

HugS™

Smash Lord
Sheik
M2K
Amsah
KK

Bowser
Gimpy

Samus
there's a good amount of great Samus players, but I'm not sure who's on top. HBox would likely say plup...maybe hugs? There's one more guy I would say bu this name isn't coming to mind now.
I'm retired. Plup is the best samus now.

Top Bottom