• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top Five Peaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thats what he said? ugh, ignore features are booty if people are gonna quote.

I'm not even gonna bother with that post. I stand by what I say and think. It's my opinion on the matter genius. I knew someone was gonna go on period mode with my post. Dude tells me to got go on about others opinions, yet cries about mines. This is why I have this dude on ignore.

But in general I stand by what I said. Ill wanted my OPINION? I gave it to him, done.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Tbh I agree with Dark. Everone lives somewhere else and rarely do Peach mains go to the same tourney and when they do go, no one is still able to define the clear-cut best Peach. Honestly this is very apparent from the posts in the thread which are all basically either "I am the best" or "the Peach in my region is the best".

Most accurate way to make this would probably be a tier list with the tiers being in no no order but there are way too few Peaches for that so I doubt thats going to work as well.

Just not really expecting this to work. Sorry.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
nicole can never beat me in a set :troll:

Metatitan

Smash Master
I'm not crying over your opinion Dark, I'm simply saying you're wrong. Btw, I use the ignore function to filter out pointless spam by Dajayman and PeachGaurd, not to ignore someone I'm unable to give a logical rebuttal to.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Everyone is going to think that the Peach who beat them is the best one. Knee-jerk community is knee-jerk, lol.

:troll: <3
And ******* comments make the commenter an ******* right? I guess that how it works right? LOL!! LUL LMFAO ROFLCOPTER LMFAO!!

Am I doing it right Kbizzle?

Anyways Nicole the first peach to take a set off me. I've beaten Kos-mos at his prime, Dark Peach, Illimatic etc etc. I've played WAY to many Peach players. So you making that comment is not only an insult to me but to Nicole as well and that's bull****. Don't like my opinion then state facts proving me wrong, if you can't then STFU. Comments like yours don't contribute anything to the community.

MJG

Smash Hero
Alright well here's mine - took a while (because it means alot to me).

If I offend anyone - then deal with it.

1) Illmatic - Despite my poor performance at MLG Dallas and about one or two other tournaments overall there have been numerous accounts of high moments in my Peach. My first tournament I came out of nowhere and placed 7th out of 62 with merely WiFi practice and continued to place somewhat in that spectrum for a good amount of time. Most of my best matches are never recorded or rarely mentioned at all. After the tournament at Dallas I beat Esam's Pikachu 2-0 in a pretty hyped money match (I advertised it everywhere on the thread). Although it wasn't a tournament match - it still doesn't negate the fact that it is considered (by MLG at least) a top eight player in the nation; By the way he told me personally I was the best Peach (I took it as bias because he lost). I have a 2-1 record (once again money match) with Poltergust and have even two stocked as well as three stocked him in matches. Recently, I beat Ensis (MJG) 2-0 in a hyped $20 MM at Phase: X (who also has claimed me as the best Peach). I have tournament wins against almost everyone ranked in Houston besides Gnes / Razer - including Trela, Jerm, Ozz, etc. I've proven to be good in doubles as well taking out Jerm/Trela 3-1 after losing a set prior to them 0-2 and also taking Gnes and Razer to game 5 with Esca (Metaknight) as my partner. I've won every mid tier event I have attended - (Singles being an agonizing set versus a top 5 Pit with no ledge grab limit). Although I may have some very serious upsets (in my opponents favor) ex. Tetsuya at Dallas, Rockettrainer at HOBO 28 - I've only been playing the game comepetitively for a period of a bit over half a year. Nationals (in my opinion) shouldn't weigh a Peach's overall performance especially considering that the Peach has only been to one (while others have been to multple and still haven't placed well). All of my worst moments are known and my worst blanketed by a shadow.
[/SPOILER]
I said "You are the best peach that I have played" and with that being said, I meant to say that "You were the best peach that I have played
in the TL MU
. I believe that Leon is the best peach followed by Nicole because of her overall performance (who could be better imo if she didn't complain about a lot of MUs and just learned them.)

EDIT: @ Dphat: Dayuuum

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Cause that's going to change the fact that you're what 0-2 against me in tournament sets? LMFAO whatever illmatic I think you over hype yourself bro and if you want to play me again then meet me in bracket if you can even make it that far.
k

I said "You are the best peach that I have played" and with that being said, I meant to say that "You were the best peach that I have played
in the TL MU
. I believe that Leon is the best peach followed by Nicole because of her overall performance (who could be better imo if she didn't complain about a lot of MUs and just learned them.)

EDIT: @ Dphat: Dayuuum
k .

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
(who could be better imo if she didn't complain about a lot of MUs and just learned them.)
Heh I don't agree with you regarding her attitude on match-ups since she actually seems to be quite determined to improve and expand her match-up knowledge. Then again I don't know her apart from a few smashboards posts ;l.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Cause that's going to change the fact that you're what 0-2 against me in tournament sets? LMFAO whatever illmatic I think you over hype yourself bro and if you want to play me again then meet me in bracket if you can even make it that far.
OMFG! I just sent that post to CNN.

BTW, i sent illmatic to losers so its clear he cant be best peach. I honestly think Nicole Hole is best peach.

Nicole, if you are reading this tasty post i want to play you at WHOBO 3(you ARE going....right?)

_Kain_

Smash Champion
For once DarkPch wall of text was kind of right. None of you have broken away from the pack and there's no clear cut winner. One of you has to do something the other hasn't thats really good. Being ranked doesn't mean anything if your always losing to the same people

Anyways from what I've played I think Nicole is the best Peach so far. She does work in dubs

MW BIAS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MJG

Smash Hero
For once DarkPch wall of text was kind of right. None of you have broken away from the pack and there's no clear cut winner. One of you has to do something the other hasn't thats really good. Being ranked doesn't mean anything if your always losing to the same people

Anyways from what I've played I think Nicole is the best Peach so far. She does work in dubs

MW BIAS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Oh word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGcpXQDb7_U

@Yaaay: From playing with her and being at a lot of the same tournaments as nicole, I know that she gets frustrated at a few MUs and I am sure she is working on those MUs. Im willing to play a lot of friendlies with her at our next tournament for the TL MU but it won't be fun lol

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Everything seems in mild control so far so keep it up guys! :)

Although I'd like to ask people that're only posting random one liners that aren't really helping the discussion to refrain from doing so. We want healthy good discussion here. Just try to keep spam very low please. :p

Cook

Smash Master
I wish that I could get a chance to play you other Peaches more with my Olimar, MK and DDD to see how you all stack up against Nicole, but the most I ever seem to be able to get is a match or two. :(

Still, this thread is pretty pointless because you guys have mostly not accomplished much.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
And ******* comments make the commenter an ******* right? I guess that how it works right? LOL!! LUL LMFAO ROFLCOPTER LMFAO!!

Am I doing it right Kbizzle?

Anyways Nicole the first peach to take a set off me. I've beaten Kos-mos at his prime, Dark Peach, Illimatic etc etc. I've played WAY to many Peach players. So you making that comment is not only an insult to me but to Nicole as well and that's bull****. Don't like my opinion then state facts proving me wrong, if you can't then STFU. Comments like yours don't contribute anything to the community.
Alright, I still don't see anything that necessarily proves my comment entirely untrue. I might be wrong about how you came to your conclusion of Nicole being the best, but in essence...I still put A and B together for the most part (that being A. Nicole beat you and B. you think Nicole is the best; the rest, including why you may have reached your conclusion, is a void of arbitrary gray area anyway); 2 out of 3 ain't bad on my part.

tl;dr Yes, you are doing it wrong, by displaying the type of knee-jerk reaction I just claimed as a general expectation from the community. If you'd like to bring up the subject of community contribution: impulsiveness and impatience on the boards is as equally useless as making a generalization is. Seek clarification next time before you decide jump the gun, yo.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
So my conclusion isn't valid? LMFAO So me stating that I believe nicole the best by comparing her to MULTIPLE Peach players = not valid? How do you judge a person ability then without comparing them to the rest of the community?

Edit:
You sound like a complete *** hole btw. And if you couldn't tell I was imitating you in my previous post surprised someone of your intelligence wouldn't be able to realize that. Anyways please PM me if you would like to further pursue this conversation I believe we already flooded this thread with enough bull****.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Blah Blah Blah
Right there is when I already knew you read through the lines.

so my conclusion isn't valid? LMFAO So me stating that I believe nicole the best by comparing her to MULTIPLE Peach players = not valid? How do you judge a person ability then without comparing them to the rest of the community?
Yes, your conclusion itself (thinking Nicole is the best) is valid in terms of your own personal experience thus far, she is the best of that specific bunch that you've played (Nicole, Kyon, Ill) according to you. That is fine. You have the right to think that. Again...that all only relates to the bunch that you've already played, and that's it.

However, the reason why I said that it is arbitrary (at least at this point) is because you haven't played "the rest of the community". Hell, you haven't even played half of the *I guess we'll call it notable* Peach community yet. so is your conclusion valid in that sense? Absolutely not yet, at least if we're still going by your standards of "comparison to the rest of the community". That would make your point/opinion kind of...I dunno...incomplete.

Edit: I kept this as civil and related to the topic as possible from my end, but thanks for going out of your way to call me an ******* over a minor argument. I know I am, lol. Totally necessary and related to the subject though. Good job. :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You forgot to respond to this
There was no need to. I stuck to the general subject of the thread, that being who a "best Peach" is and why. I remained civil while he took the argumentative approach, yet he takes it upon himself to say: "hey...let's stop flooding the thread with stuff that isn't actually spam and is related to the subject, but looks like flaming/spam because I decided to slip up and include profanity/anger from my end"?

Nope, I'm staying put. I simply carried on a minor conversation/argument about a difference in opinion and nothing beyond that. How he takes it beyond that is his problem, not mine. :3

DallasPhat

Smash Master
TBH You haven't contributed anything to the conversation on who you believe is the best Peach. Instead you belittle other people opinion while trying to sound like a smart ***. I'm glad you have time to spend 15-20 minutes per response re-reading what you typed multiple time. Anyways your last couple of posts haven't done much for the thread cause as it still stands you haven't even stated who you believe is the best. Atleast I contributed by stating my "OPINION" on who I thought was the best.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
TBH You haven't contributed anything to the conversation on who you believe is the best Peach. Instead you belittle other people opinion while trying to sound like a smart ***. I'm glad you have time to spend 15-20 minutes per response re-reading what you typed multiple time. Anyways your last couple of posts haven't done much for the thread and even other posters are agreeing with me.
Again, that's your problem if you let my tone strike a nerve. I mean, you only just totally missed me acknowledging your right to have an opinion in one of my earlier posts. :)

Yep, I re-read my posts. Got As in English back in the day too. It's a good habit to say the least. And nope, not 20 mins at all, just an extremely fast WPM rate thanks to my office job, haha.

And what posters? It's not like it matters. It's already common knowledge among said posters/this board that I don't believe in any current Peach standing out above the rest. I've only preached it just about everywhere at this point.

But fine, if it would really sooth you oh so much, here is what my totally arbitrary top 5 list is. Just for you DDawg <3 ;)

1. Yami/Leon- (tied, if they fused together they'd **** everything)
2. Nicole- (Red does work, and she knows I admire her for that no matter how much we clash over different topics)
3. Illmatic- (One of the fastest up-and-coming improvement rates I've ever seen in Smash, and with pretty solid placings to show for it)
4. Kyon/Raz- (completely and utterly tied in a lot of ways tbh)
5. Me- (Fell off the wagon a bit to say the least, but I still have my *often unreported nowadays* moments)

z00ted

wow Dphat, he actually takes time to think about his posts and write down what's on his mind - let's bash him for being somewhat intelligent.

stop being ignorant.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Thanks for stating your opinion and LMFAO I can tell you take your time writing your post by how you are quoting my UNEDITED posts meaning you quoted it almost immediately.
Take my time "writing" it? Nope.
Proofreading? Yep.

Fun stuff fo sho though. :cool:

z00ted

i click edit buttons and go do other things.

I don't know why he would deny it - but honestly who cares?

Are we really going to get into an argument over how long it takes someone to write a post?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Ok guys.

I think this is a good idea that we get this discussion going about who the Top 5 Peach players are in America.

For a long time we have stagnated with Peach, bringing in decent results but no major tournament wins. As a whole, all of the current “top” Peach players are around the same level. Yes, there are some who are better than others, but not by much and what they are better in varies from player to player.

The most accurate thread regarding this discussion was when the top tournament players for each character were listed according to tangible and real results. Guess who those five players were?

Kyon, Mikey, KB, Illmatic, and myself.

We were the ones representing Peach the most and placing well with her. Unfortunately, there are flaws to this because there is always the question of regional strength, turnout, etc. In the end, the common denominator is that we all play Peach at a very high level.

With this in mind, this is the group of Peach players I believe are the Top Peach players in America (in no specific order):

Silly Kyle, Razmakazi, Illmatic, Nicole, Kyon, King Beef, and Mikey Lenetia

These are the players that stand out in my mind. Of course, we have plenty of other talented Peach players, but they don’t quite make the list for the best.

We have Meno who has a creative playstyle using B-sticking. I have definitely watched some of his videos because I incorporate freepulling and bonewalking in my gameplay with C-sticking.

We have Peachkid who is an around good Peach player with great doubles skills.

We have Dark Pch who despite mental setbacks, has a wealth of knowledge about Peach, but has trouble applying in game for whatever reasons.

There are many others who are gifted using Peach, but the seven Peach players I mentioned being the top are in a different league than the rest. We have a better understanding of the game. Some of us are definitely more technical than the rest. We make better reads and know how to punish more. Some of us have previous knowledge and experience from Melee.

Making a list for Top 5 is arbitrary. There isn’t a clear cut “best” Peach, but we do know who represents her the most and has had the most success with her.

What this means for us, fellow Peach players, is that we need to step it up this 2011. I have this gut feeling that it is going to be a big year for us. I will tell you now that WHOBO 3 is going to be a big deal in deciding who the best Peach players are. Mark my words. I plan on being there. Apex 2 will also be an interesting turning point to see where some of our Peach players stand.

Knowing this, I feel like it is kind of pre-emptive to make a list of our Top Peach players because a lot is going to change this year, guaranteed. However, my opinion stays the same about who the Top 7 Peach players to watch out for this 2011:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
What happened to not flooding the thread, yo?

On topic: I'll actually add Zudenka along with Yami/Leon on my "first" spot.

z00ted

Well what should we do Illmatic? Make threads promoting that we're the best with the character we use? WAIT.... that's just you.
I just made the thread because I didn't think Air was going to do it.

Yep, I still think I'm the best Peach - as far as accomplishments go.

If you're trying to like bait me into getting angry or backing down - it's not working, this thread has actually been quite positive (besides you being a complete ******* like you usually are 80% of the time) and it's let me know what the rest of the community thinks about the pros and cons of other Peach players and what we all need to improve on.

You're just wasting your time - honestly.

Ok guys.

I think this is a good idea that we get this discussion going about who the Top 5 Peach players are in America.

For a long time we have stagnated with Peach, bringing in decent results but no major tournament wins. As a whole, all of the current “top” Peach players are around the same level. Yes, there are some who are better than others, but not by much and what they are better in varies from player to player.

The most accurate thread regarding this discussion was when the top tournament players for each character were listed according to tangible and real results. Guess who those five players were?

Kyon, Mikey, KB, Illmatic, and myself.

We were the ones representing Peach the most and placing well with her. Unfortunately, there are flaws to this because there is always the question of regional strength, turnout, etc. In the end, the common denominator is that we all play Peach at a very high level.

With this in mind, this is the group of Peach players I believe are the Top Peach players in America (in no specific order):

These are the players that stand out in my mind. Of course, we have plenty of other talented Peach players, but they don’t quite make the list for the best.

We have Meno who has a creative playstyle using B-sticking. I have definitely watched some of his videos because I incorporate freepulling and bonewalking in my gameplay with C-sticking.

We have Peachkid who is an around good Peach player with great doubles skills.

We have Dark Pch who despite mental setbacks, has a wealth of knowledge about Peach, but has trouble applying in game for whatever reasons.

There are many others who are gifted using Peach, but the seven Peach players I mentioned being the top are in a different league than the rest. We have a better understanding of the game. Some of us are definitely more technical than the rest. We make better reads and know how to punish more. Some of us have previous knowledge and experience from Melee.

Making a list for Top 5 is arbitrary. There isn’t a clear cut “best” Peach, but we do know who represents her the most and has had the most success with her.

What this means for us, fellow Peach players, is that we need to step it up this 2011. I have this gut feeling that it is going to be a big year for us. I will tell you now that WHOBO 3 is going to be a big deal in deciding who the best Peach players are. Mark my words. I plan on being there. Apex 2 will also be an interesting turning point to see where some of our Peach players stand.

Knowing this, I feel like it is kind of pre-emptive to make a list of our Top Peach players because a lot is going to change this year, guaranteed. However, my opinion stays the same about who the Top 7 Peach players to watch out for this 2011:

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Nice post - hope to see you at Whobo 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom