• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tongue-Eating Parasites attack fish near Normandy

zrky

Smash Lol'd
*gasp*
poor fishy:(
I wonder what it would feel like to have your tongue eaten like that.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I really wouldnt care if they existed. I dont care if any animals existed. Reason is because if one animal dies itll upset the natural order of things. Snake dies, rats reproduce by the millions and the eagles become extinct. Well Im sure other things eat rats like cats and the eagle could find a new diet but its just an example describing why killing an animal would be catastrophic

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I really wouldnt care if they existed. I dont care if any animals existed. Reason is because if one animal dies itll upset the natural order of things. Snake dies, rats reproduce by the millions and the eagles become extinct. Well Im sure other things eat rats like cats and the eagle could find a new diet but its just an example describing why killing an animal would be catastrophic
So does that comment have something to do w/ what I posted?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
My only question is,how and when in the evolutionary process did the parasite find the best way to survive was to replace a fishes tongue with itself?

What a weirdly specific thing!

Spire

III
BRoomer
My only question is,how and when in the evolutionary process did the parasite find the best way to survive was to replace a fishes tongue with itself?

What a weirdly specific thing!
I think it can just as easily be compared to a Hermit Crab inhabiting a mussel's shell, or bears inhabiting caves.

They see it as a source of nutrition and refuge and make their way into it. The fish is probably not a living being to the parasite, rather a safe way to travel through the sea and get free food.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I think it can just as easily be compared to a Hermit Crab inhabiting a mussel's shell, or bears inhabiting caves.

They see it as a source of nutrition and refuge and make their way into it. The fish is probably not a living being to the parasite, rather a safe way to travel through the sea and get free food.
I suppose it's like that parasite that lives in Snails.

It drives them crazy and makes them stay in the open so they get eaten by birds,they then live out their days in the bird.

Tacel

Smash Lord
What a jerk! Once you open the fishes mouth it tries to act cute. It's like, "Oh hai. Iz it okay if iz stay here fo awhiwal?".

Poor fishes...

We need Samus.

Kantō

Smash Champion
its a good thing they dont eat human tongues ewww.

also the fish just cant eat it? fish eat weird stuff like that right?

Pi

Smash Hero
....I like how all the people are saying how great it is that it doesn't affect humans...
As if you wouldn't notice and then promptly do something about it before it devours and replaces your tongue with itself...

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that is really creepy. Wait, how does the fish eat if the parasite is the tongue? Wouldn't the parasite be getting most of the food, thereby leaving the fish to die? Imagine trying to eat with that in your mouth...

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'm a horrible person for finding this pretty amusing. If it functions as a tongue and the fish can still eat, it's sad, but he still lives. Lol, dat parasite.

BBQTV

Smash Master
It's not that big. If you look at the picture, you'll see the fish itself is very small, use the finger/hand for reference.
after i posted i remembered arnt tapeworms bigger? in any case it looks like it fake cause it has a smile sort of but its real so it confuses me.

BBQTV

Smash Master
did you know theirs a giant version of this isopod called [and your not gonna believe this] its called giant isopod

Top Bottom