• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tipped Off 5 Vids! feat M2K Hbox ColBol Lambchops Dr.PeePee IHOP Madness up!

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty much almost in the same situation as Colbol. I definitely have the potential of winning tournaments, even major tournaments. Although I play horrible many times during tournaments. There's a match I play really well. Then the next I just randomly play horrible lol. I just gotta play more friendlies, so I can get my tournament characters super warmed up and ready like Dr. Mario, Samus, Mario, Pikachu, Bowser and Fox. I know, mad characters lol.

Anyway, please leave my sexy Colbol alone. Just let him do what he does. Cactuar, I love you <3

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
With Iori at the wheel, M2 will be mid tier in no time.
This is why I don't like how the tier list is organized. It is all on who is the best and who they use. It started with Ken and now Marth is no where near the top in tourney standings now a days but the gospel has been written and now it would be crazy to drop him or at least realize that Ken was just the man. Only thing good about tiers is seeing how a player can alter it. Depending on that, it shows how skillful that person is. DJ would have to win Genisis 2 and 3 for people to consider Bowser to be any good. It's just how it is.

IMO Iori and DJ need to practice with a real crew and not random smashers in the area. Get a tight crew, hone your skills and hit up a big tournament here and there. Playing so many players will make you better but you lose all gimmiks that your character provides. Look at Chudat when he first came on the scene. He was ****ting hard on Isai at first but he got learned. Chu is still amazing but if he stood on the low for a bit then he would have taken a few tournies off the top players from back in the day. A very old school smasher, CSX, told me this long ago and as I see the trends in the scene this scenario has played out with a few characters.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
IMO Iori and DJ need to practice with a real crew and not random smashers in the area. Get a tight crew, hone your skills and hit up a big tournament here and there.
iori's crew includes but is not limited to himself, ihavespaceballs, pikachad, and nesnoob

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just meant that all this playing people you meet here and there won't help you hone your skills if there is no dedication in the crew. I didn't know who Iori's crew was and was basing it mostly on how unglued the NYC scene has been looking to me. Sorry DJ and Iroi's crew. I'm sure you guys are mad enough having to train with Bowser and Mewtwo.

*Runs*

- Just kidding guys.

Spaceballs you're on. ROM2, be there.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
*runs*

I haven't seen that since Mike G.
DML is a really good crew, imo.

PB&J

Smash Hero
its funny hearing people challenge tipman to mm's

but dj has alot of characters and im sure he can do it if he just plays more friendlies at tournies

tipman-i understand what ur saying..dont sweat it

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Not real crew vs real crew? I think we got this.
I think DML has this no problem. DML is such a real crew lol.

And yeah I didn't know that was Tipman, I used to watch his vids like crazy getting ganon tricks. Jack, you got this MM though, i have faith in you even if he's amazing. I'll play you some to give you some ganon beat-down experience that you can hopefully use on him :D

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
I wont be at Pound4 but if you are coming to ROM2 NES I'll take your cash too.

Space who you playing me with? $5 2/3. You already know it's just Ganon with me. I just came back not to long ago. Did you get to play Linguini yet?

PB&J don't know why you're surprised. Ganon is everyone's favorite punching bag.

G.Vice you should be hitting up the Ganon boards more. It's been developing nicely. You got any vids?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I wont be at Pound4 but if you are coming to ROM2 NES I'll take your cash too.

Space who you playing me with? $5 2/3. You already know it's just Ganon with me. I just came back not to long ago. Did you get to play Linguini yet?

PB&J don't know why you're surprised. Ganon is everyone's favorite punching bag.

G.Vice you should be hitting up the Ganon boards more. It's been developing nicely. You got any vids?
Not since the crew battle back early this year. I'm gonna try to get some out though. I need to at least. And I'll hit the ganon boards up more too, no doubt.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
i just can't see bowser ever winning a national event
People really underestimate the level of play that I've gotten Bowser up to. People underestimate my overall skill in general. I'm one of the smartest players in smash but my tech skill isn't as great as my mindgame skill. I know it sounds impossible for Bowser to win a national event, major tournament, or even a tournament in general. Trust me, with my Bowser I believe it can be done, especially in teams. I've done many feats and accomplishments with Bowser, beaten high level players, and come close to beating the highest level of players.

When people see/hear my name mentioned, they just think I play Bowser or my only good character is Bowser. I do have other characters at my disposal in which I have them on top 5, top 3, or maybe even best in the world. Although it may not look it sometimes since I play horrible at times. In addition, I rarely get recorded. Its like PB&J and other people said, I need to play more friendlies at tournaments and at smashfests. I don't play that much and even if I do, I tend to get mad at myself because I play horrible during friendlies too. The point is still to warm up as much as I can before tournament. I know the solution to my problem. Although its not gonna come anytime soon =(

Let the bashing begin. Oh well =(

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I main Samus. I've played RockCrock, Linguini, Chaddd, and Kage, so adding you to that list might make me actually go to ROM... I'm definitely going to pound, but I'm still on the fence about ROM.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Yo DJ we should try Ganon Bowser sometime. I sounds like a slow team but Bum and I were wrecking hard at MLG with DK and Ganon. I doubt I'll be going to Saffron but we should try it at a tourney prior to ROM2 or post.

Space everyone is going to be at ROM2. I seen the venue too. It's huge.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Yo DJ we should try Ganon Bowser sometime. I sounds like a slow team but Bum and I were wrecking hard at MLG with DK and Ganon. I doubt I'll be going to Saffron but we should try it at a tourney prior to ROM2 or post.

Tipman, plz save a match for me somewhere in the future~<3

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
People really underestimate the level of play that I've gotten Bowser up to. People underestimate my overall skill in general. I'm one of the smartest players in smash but my tech skill isn't as great as my mindgame skill. I know it sounds impossible for Bowser to win a national event, major tournament, or even a tournament in general. Trust me, with my Bowser I believe it can be done, especially in teams. I've done many feats and accomplishments with Bowser, beaten high level players, and come close to beating the highest level of players.

When people see/hear my name mentioned, they just think I play Bowser or my only good character is Bowser. I do have other characters at my disposal in which I have them on top 5, top 3, or maybe even best in the world. Although it may not look it sometimes since I play horrible at times. In addition, I rarely get recorded. Its like PB&J and other people said, I need to play more friendlies at tournaments and at smashfests. I don't play that much and even if I do, I tend to get mad at myself because I play horrible during friendlies too. The point is still to warm up as much as I can before tournament. I know the solution to my problem. Although its not gonna come anytime soon =(

Let the bashing begin. Oh well =(
This.

After only meeting you for a weekend, I could vouch for your immense amount of skill with all characters, even @ one time telling M2K you would help him train iirc.

Though I do wish you do do well in ROM2 & Pound4, I would make the following recommendation: Teach more people. It is almost a mainstay here @ Tech the saying "If you can teach it to someone else without getting confused yourself, then you know it."

So, try teaching more people. Go to the character specific boards and teach others about Bowser, Mario, or what have you. Heck, perhaps even try to become a Smash Researcher if need be! Regardless, if you keep teaching people in person & on the boards, IMHO your overall skill will improve where you won't have to worry about going to smashfests & friendlies every week or what have you.

Well, that's just one man's observation. Take it for what it's worth, I guess. :ohwell:

St. Viers

Smash Champion
"If you can teach it to someone else without getting confused yourself, then you know it."

if only knowledge readily transferred to skill, I'd be so good at this game XD

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion

I'm down son. That team *****. Hopefully there will be a tourney soon where we can team.

This.

After only meeting you for a weekend, I could vouch for your immense amount of skill with all characters, even @ one time telling M2K you would help him train iirc.

Though I do wish you do do well in ROM2 & Pound4, I would make the following recommendation: Teach more people. It is almost a mainstay here @ Tech the saying "If you can teach it to someone else without getting confused yourself, then you know it."

So, try teaching more people. Go to the character specific boards and teach others about Bowser, Mario, or what have you. Heck, perhaps even try to become a Smash Researcher if need be! Regardless, if you keep teaching people in person & on the boards, IMHO your overall skill will improve where you won't have to worry about going to smashfests & friendlies every week or what have you.

Well, that's just one man's observation. Take it for what it's worth, I guess. :ohwell:
Thanks Kazoo. I've trained alot of people in Melee over the years and still continue to do so whenever I see them and get the chance. I'm part of the reason Jman is the powerhouse everyone sees today since he used to go to my crib all the time. He lives a few blocks away from me. I'm very knowledgeable in every match up of the game and have excellent things to teach people. Especially since I have a very unique playing style that no one else has. I agree with what you're saying and I do believe if I teach more people, my skill will improve. This is why I really wanna train M2K with the knowledge I possess. I'm confident that with some help from me, he'll be back to being #1 for sure. He'll also not lose to Jigglypuffs lol.

SleepyK

i rendered parts 1 and 2 and was working on part 3, but i watched the videos and the interlace is horrible. a simple deinterlace filter isn't good enough, so i'm rerendering with a more powerful deinterlacing method.

SleepyK

uhh basically when you record video there are two fields of video are captured to make a complete image. basically if there are 24 horizontal lines of video, the odd numbered lines and even numbered lines are captured separately and then combined to make a complete picture. when you try to display both at the same time you often get scanlines and it just looks like butts.

tl;dr - there were really bad scan lines, so i'm fixing them.

knowing my crappy upload speed and given the size of the videos (150 mb) i'd say the earliest a vid will go up will be around 1 am. prob 1:30 imo

SleepyK

ahh eff it. looks like it's too late for deint on the first one. uploading now.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
colbol most underrated top player.... its all good im teaching him the ways to not choke and be rdy for oos tourneys. u gonna see colbol doin alot more friendlies at oos so anyone who thinks they can beat him get in the get stomped by colbol friendly line son...

yea he does choke most of the time lol lack of friendlies son

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Colbol

Is the least arrogant top smasher in the country. Not once have I ever seen him say something arrogant or get mad while playing smash and I've been playing with him longer than any of u.

Thus Colbol still owns everyone even if he chokes sometimes. I wish all smashers were like Colbol.

Top Bottom