• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tipped Off 5 Vids! feat M2K Hbox ColBol Lambchops Dr.PeePee IHOP Madness up!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Colbol can get top 3 at pound 4. He has a better chance at beating Hbox than almost anyone that will be attending, which says a lot by itself. As long as he doesn't SD I think he's going to ****.

Renth

Smash Hero
Colbol can get top 3 at pound 4. He has a better chance at beating Hbox than almost anyone that will be attending, which says a lot by itself. As long as he doesn't SD I think he's going to ****.
To be fair, Col Bol also has more experience against Hungrybox than most people so saying he has a better chance goes without saying. I remeber the first time I met the guy we were playing bowser dittos on flatzone for fun instead of actually playing each other with our mains. There's no reason why this conversation should even be happening, we all know he's good-great-amazing if he placed top 3 I-no one should be surprised.

@ DJ Nintendo i've seen your name pop up and around everywhere lately can't wait to meet you.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
To be fair, Col Bol also has more experience against Hungrybox than most people so saying he has a better chance goes without saying. I remeber the first time I met the guy we were playing bowser dittos on flatzone for fun instead of actually playing each other with our mains. There's no reason why this conversation should even be happening, we all know he's good-great-amazing if he placed top 3 I-no one should be surprised.

@ DJ Nintendo i've seen your name pop up and around everywhere lately can't wait to meet you.
@ Renth I can't wait to meet YOU :D

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Everyone said:
Stuff about 3rd place
It is in my, personal, opinion, that Colbol just isn't going to place that high. I don't aim to be the voice of dissent, I just think he'll place... 5-9th

EDIT: **** Smileys.

Foxy

Smash Master
It is in my, personal, opinion, that Colbol just isn't going to place that high. I don't aim to be the voice of dissent, I just think he'll place... 5-9th

EDIT: **** Smileys.
Agreed.

He didn't place top 3 at TO5 which had about 1/3 or 1/4 as many top players that will be at Pound 4.

He's amazing, but I don't even know if he'll place as high as 5th-9th, it depends a lot on the attendance from OOR and OOC.

I wouldn't even bother hoping that Peepee could get top 3 at Pound 4, even though he did it at TO5 and beat Colin. (Not saying he's better than Colin, but he's probably about at the same skill level).

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Are you going to Gigabits October 3rd? I'll be back in Florida for that tournament. So we can meet each other there =)

Me & Colbol are gonna make it to Grand Finals at Pound 4 and we're gonna end it with a Nana ditto on Brinstar lol.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I love how people keeping adding "if he doesn't choke" or noting how he plays in non-pressure situations. The point is...he isn't playing the same in a high-pressure situation like a major tournament. A lot of beast players don't/can't. I hope he gets past it though so he can **** on a lot of unsuspecting people, but there's no telling what the results will look like for Pound 4.

There are just too many amazing people who are going to it =D!!!!

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
I think Colbol is pretty good, and that he can make top 3, but i don't think he will.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i think the ihop vids are super hilarious.

the ones from tipped off 5.

strawhats

Smash Master
I love how people keeping adding "if he doesn't choke" or noting how he plays in non-pressure situations. The point is...he isn't playing the same in a high-pressure situation like a major tournament. A lot of beast players don't/can't. I hope he gets past it though so he can **** on a lot of unsuspecting people, but there's no telling what the results will look like for Pound 4.

There are just too many amazing people who are going to it =D!!!!
Quoted for truth...sigh poor SS,

Maybe Jeff will get top 10 at Pound 4. (ss vs. darkrain)

Vegard

Smash Lord
colbol can beat anyone when he doesn't mess up, I've been so disappointed by all these OOS tourneys where he totally choked and under performed

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
A player performing extremely well in no pressure situations only demonstrates peak ability at best. Overall consistency matters much more. I don't care how "beast" someone is in friendlies if they consistently lose in tournament to people they would regularly beat in friendly. I would still consider the other person the better player head to head. Average matters much more than peak.

Pi

Smash Hero
A player performing extremely well in no pressure situations only demonstrates peak ability at best. Overall consistency matters much more. I don't care how "beast" someone is in friendlies if they consistently lose in tournament to people they would regularly beat in friendly. I would still consider the other person the better player head to head. Average matters much more than peak.
When you're saying how 'good' someone is, but if you know someone who's got the peak potential to be the best, you can certainly comment on it.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Commenting on a player not playing up to potential generally only displays unfulfilled expectation and will put unnecessary pressure on the player. In the case of Colbol, this is especially bad because he already has issues with nerves imo.

There is a difference between displaying support for a player and displaying expectation.

SleepyK

so guys, i watched the entire ihop vid scene.
we had a great time. expect to see it probably later today or tomorrow.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Everyone keeps saying colbol chokes... I do agree that he has placed a bit low in some OoS tourney's, but just judging that he is placing low cuz he chokes is not right.

Maybe he just get's stressed, and get's alot of pressure on himself, etc.

I don't belive the "colbol chokes" thing until he tells me himself.

SleepyK

lol you can ask him or chops.

he's choking because he's not playing his best because he's stressed/pressured. aka choking under pressure/stress.

'-'

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Ah... so that's how it is. I see, made the whole "colbol chokes" thing much more clear.

That, i do belive, thx.

tubes

Smash Ace
Commenting on a player not playing up to potential generally only displays unfulfilled expectation and will put unnecessary pressure on the player. In the case of Colbol, this is especially bad because he already has issues with nerves imo.

There is a difference between displaying support for a player and displaying expectation.
I don't think any expectations were displayed for Colbol as far as him vs M2K goes. Nothing but support and helpful advice (ie. GET AWAY FROM THE LEDGE COLBOL!)

M2K definitely got the expectations put on him in against Hbox though.

Edit: So if ColBol chokes under the pressure maybe he'd do better if nobody supported him. That way nobody cares if ColBol loses and thus there is no pressure and he can win games.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
No to everything.

Colbol is insanely technical, and precise, when he ***** he ***** hard. The problem is that we shouldn't be saying "what if" because it doesn't matter. Colbol is as good as he wants to be, being nervous is a john yes, not a bad one, but he has repeatedly lost early in tourneys because of this? thats his fault.

HE COULD BE AWESOME if he didn't get so nervous isn't legitimate in my opinion. Once he gets over this thing that is when i'll say "**** this dudes too good!"

!*! no hate colbol, just don't like the hype i'm hearing because the latest i've seen you do well is vs m2k which you did alot better than i've seen you do vs anyone else xcept maybe lucky, chops, or hbox.

basically cactuar is a genius.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
With all these top players having confidence problems why is no one **** talking them in tournament? If I play anyone who is suspect to cracking under pressure I will **** talk you extra hard and bring up the matches I seen you lose online. You've been warned.

-
Ok, maybe I won't do that.
:chainsaw:

PB&J

Smash Hero
sleepyk ***** best sig ever i mean ever

ever
oh

and colbol needs to play more friendlies at tournies which in his case would make him play more confident

Top Bottom