• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Speculation

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
i got some m2k vibes from that post, oracle. gj +1

also. i've played it a few times, so call me crazy

but gnw doesn't lose to ddk, probably. maybe.

Last edited:

Saproling

Smash Journeyman
Like I said I don't really know what im saying when it comes to Diddy.Im really just giving my opinion on what I know and have seen,its not very educated though.

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Well Diddy is just moving fast and pressuring everywhere, you need both solid defensive skills and know the matchup and know how to handle items... just a character who is a bit difficult to fight

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
It is times like this where I wished MMcafe had a Project M Tier Chart Maker.

I feel like a list is too vague since I cannot stand it when people put a group of characters in one tier with no real order. -_-

Jacob29

Smash Ace
You don't need to hit Bowser with a PKT1 to gimp him seeing how it:

a) doesn't even work
b) his recovery is so predictable you can just hit him with a pk flash.

http://youtu.be/LxcGsdzpzVs?t=24m48s

Real talk, I don't know if I could have done anything else to come back in without being hit by it.

jtm94

Smash Lord
V3ctorman said to be playing Yoshi because aMSa said something bad about Yoshi in PM.

Diddy isn't OP, bananas can be dealt with, peanuts can be grabbed. I've had people take the peanut I shoot at them as they recover and then they AGT with it to help them recover.

I actually find it hard to land KO moves with Diddy because I can't get people to just let me hit them with bananas, also his upthrow really isn't that strong unless you're playing against Samus on Pokemon Stadium. It might KO her at around 120%

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
V3ctorman said to be playing Yoshi because aMSa said something bad about Yoshi in PM.

Diddy isn't OP, bananas can be dealt with, peanuts can be grabbed. I've had people take the peanut I shoot at them as they recover and then they AGT with it to help them recover.

I actually find it hard to land KO moves with Diddy because I can't get people to just let me hit them with bananas, also his upthrow really isn't that strong unless you're playing against Samus on Pokemon Stadium. It might KO her at around 120%
Uthrow has no kill power at all lol its like trying to kill with Roy/Marth's uthrow.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
diddy's up throw is the 3rd or 4th strongest in the game

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
which means that's a strong up-throw.

you know what % marth's up-throw kills samus? 180%

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
in all seriousness, im thinking of some ideas for buffing ganon and ness and jiggles
GANON:
he can store warlock punch, charging throught the start up, l cancel store, then release.
up b made faster and given more distance.
Nair changed to sex kick with higher priority to increase approach
armor on down b and dash attack
down b given less lag frames

NESS:
fair and nair non CC able
dash attack given less lag frames.
pk fire moves faster

jiggles:
more ground mobility
longer grab range
roll out charge time greatly decreased
pound ending lag decreased

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
on the topic of ness

the child has the power to flatten a city in his head and he uses a damn yoyo

at least electrify it a little

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
Is there a general consensus that recoveries in general are too good in PM?

mYzeALot

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, recoveries are super good in PM for the most part. An exception is Wario, who is kind of an aerial character... Just sayin.

Bryonato

Green Hat
people like to complain that recoveries are a lot better across the board than they were in melee but that's really just the nature of the game. characters have better recoveries.
meh.

didds

Smash Lord
If everyone's recovery is amazing then everyone's edgeguarding potential should be amazing too or something mega meta game wowweee right?

We'll adapt and evolve.

Don't stop evolution, dude.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Too good? No. (Mostly) everyone has a functionally good recovery or the characters that were terrible that had good recoveries now have both. There's maybe a few that are kind of insane to edgeguard, but for the most part get better.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Other than tethers, recoveries in PM are pretty on par with some of the good recoveries in melee
Peach/Samus/Jiggs probably still win for longest/most resiliant/most versatile recovery, with their challengers being Pit/MK/M2/Tink imo. Recoveries are longer but most are really predictable and don't have as many options as we got used to. I think the average recovery is on par with Ganon's melee recovery in that its long, but is predictable/doesn't cover itself well. Most characters have to go high or sweetspot the ledge, just like in melee. you just have to recognize what they are going for a bit sooner i think.

Roy/Wario/marth/shiek all still have **** tier recoveries with limited options.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Rob beats diddy, it's just the MU.
Explanation please?

Aside from the tether recoveries, there aren't too many insane recoveries (I say tether because I know that staying on the ledge forces them up, but it's still an extra option that you have to execute and it's harder to gimp depending on your character). I think the reason why people say that recoveries are too good in this game is because for the most part, recoveries were kind of meh in Melee. Falco has a very short up b (able to compensate for this by being able to angle it and use side-b (shorten) as a recovery), Sheik's and Falcon's can be punished hard, Marth's recovery=light shield and more, Ice Climbers nana's ****ed, Dr. Mario's sucks obviously, so on and so forth.

I do think Mario's recovery with the wall jump out of up-b is a bit ridiculous. He already has cape, fire balls, and Mario tornado. He is strong both in the air and on stage and can control the midstage game very well will fireballs and speed. I just think an even larger up-b range is unnecessary.

woundedust

Smash Apprentice
For every complaint we should jusy compensate everyone by giving them the over powered thing.

"Tether recovery too good"

Everyone gets tether

Durn fireballs

Everyone gets a stupid over powered projectile

D

Deleted member

let's put home run bat hits on all the recoveries for 2 weeks until we all realize that it's ****ing absurd on ivysaur

edit: can texas or bryon or someone stream tonight? i'm at work and it's ****ing boring atm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom