• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on FL Power Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
WTF at people not even knowing where others are located in this thread. :)

(rankings doomed to failure?)

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
OK IMO here are possible people for panelists from each region:

SWFL: QDVS, RockCrock
SEFL: Doodah, XIF
CFL: Fenrir, exarch, phanna (if he wants to be considered CFL), mankosuki (same as phanna)
NFL: Mankosuki (actually keeps track of NFL tourneys and down south to my knowledge), pritch, phanna (lives somewhat near NFL but I dunno how much he keeps track of NFL tourneys)

Anyways that's my rough idea for people who would be good panelists for each region!!!

:colorful:

in my opinion rice is alot better than col bol and alot of ese(exceptional smash education)players.. dont know y u put him really low.... then again he did said this lisyt is inaccurate and not official therefore i name this list the joke list...

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
OK IMO here are possible people for panelists from each region:

SWFL: QDVS, RockCrock
SEFL: Doodah, XIF
CFL: Fenrir, exarch, phanna (if he wants to be considered CFL), mankosuki (same as phanna)
NFL: Mankosuki (actually keeps track of NFL tourneys and down south to my knowledge), pritch, phanna (lives somewhat near NFL but I dunno how much he keeps track of NFL tourneys)

Anyways that's my rough idea for people who would be good panelists for each region!!!

Let's just get a chatroom with these people at some point in the near future. Phanna and Manko can provide another opinion of two different regions. idk how Pritch feels about it, but again, it's another opinion...

w/e, if we have to do this thing, let's at least do it right.

my aim is tmeleeguy.... hit me up for any reason

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Yeah more Fla-Dra

Rankings as created by Fenrir and myself. Accuracy was strived for, but some biases are unavoidably present.

The list is split into tiers. After the top 10, it became too difficult to precisely rank players, so instead they have been grouped together. That is not to say that all the players in the Exceptional Tier are of equal skill, they are just in the same skill range. Within the tiers below Top, players will first be sorted by region, regions sorted by size, and players in alphabetical order, not by rank. When ranking, tournament placings were weighted heavily, as well as our perception of the player’s abilities.

Rankings - 3/12/7 - Version 0.1.2 – THIS LIST IS NOT OFFICIAL
(Exarch, Fenrir)

Top Players
1. DaShizWiz
2. KeepSpeedN
3. Lambchops
4. XIF
5. QueenDVS
6. Exarch
7. GreenMario
8. UberIce*
9. Noucles*
10. Fenrir

Exceptional Players
CFL: Col Bol, Dark Falchion, Derf, Hozart, The Law
SWFL: RockCrock, SheikSSBM
NFL: Rice

* UberIce and Noucles we felt have been too inactive to rank accurately, since neither of them showed to LTEC. These two could easily be above QDVS ranked 5th and 6th. DF also falls victim to this, since he missed LTEC as well.

Note: Fenrir and I have created a “Great Players” list, but we feel this begins to rank too far into the FL smash scene, and have therefore omitted it. THIS LIST IS NOT OFFICIAL. There are undoubtedly discrepancies in the list, don't freak out over it, they will be corrected.

--Thank you RockCrock for the format and copy-pasteability--

And one more time for those with poor sight, THIS LIST IS NOT OFFICIAL.

Signed, Exarch and Fenrir

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
Ooh, me next me next!

My turn to state my opinion. Having Exarch and Fenrir as panelists is a horrible idea!

I mean these two might be the most enthusiastic about participating, but (and I could be wrong) it seems to me that these two candidates have similar ways of thinking, picking one of these people is fine. Similarly it would be bad for both Hozart and I to be candidates, since I feel we both have similar ways of thinking. Furthermore, exarch, fenrir, and derf, know the least of noob testament, but I guess if this is all going to be based strictly off of tournament rankings (which I strongly disagree with) then I guess it doesn't matter who the candidates are, but I don't really care that much, if these two are to be the ones to decide the fate of CFL rankings then so be it.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
let me just say that the list we came up with is based almost entirely (as is considered right in FL) on tournament rankings as of late...

While I do not like this method, nor do I exactly condone my own placement on the list as of now, it is, like I said, the most widely recognized method here.

If there are any confrontations to this, as is expected, please state them reasonably, and we'll give you our reasoning for said list.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
And actually, Ex and I have some pretty different ideas when it comes to this, we spent 1-2 hours, actually, on the list, so I mean, it's not like we put it together agreeing the whole way...

And we're using tourney placings, so even if we agree or not, what does it really matter? He and i are the most active CFLians on these boards...I'm also, save for Hozart, the longest standing CFLian still playing...and he's exarch, creator of the FL thread, overall benefit to the community...I think we're good choices for it...and when/if we do have that chat room thing, we won't be the only opinions even...

I'm just not sure why we would think alike...we work well in teams and agree on a lot of non-smash things, but we debate a lot about actual smash matchups and people...it's true.
Like just today he was trying to tell me that Peach is hard to play. lawl noob. *hides*

derf

Smash Ace
i like the 2nd list better lol

i think UI, rock should be higher and theres like 3 others that should be in the 2nd/sexified category (which should be renamed honorable mentions or something). most notably phanna, sighrax(he won a major tourney guys), skrach, doodah(? i dunno sefl that well anymore), and mavericks c0ck(===D~)

and UI does go to tournies. as does dark falchion. UI didnt go to ltec, but he went to two gainesville tournies and got 2nd at that chu dat tourney to chu dat. basing your entire opinion off one tourney is dumb anyways when you have other tournies to look at. the only person we have no clue on is noucles. but hes so scary ill just leave him where is he (dont hurt me)

vericz

Smash Champion
I agree with all panelist. Every one of them have been in the Florida smash scene since it began. There is going to be so much talk about this at gigabits and everyone is going to be playing their hardest. I can't wait!! lol

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Wow .... what is up with this thread. I've seen like 3 different power rankings so far. How about we don't post a power ranking until "every one" of the panelist approves of it as a whole? That way, there could be arguements/agreements over the "right" powerranking. Find a chatroom and discuss it with eachother and get it done without posting up your perspectives of the power rankings from your region of the entire state since you really don't know what you're talking about until you've gotten all the facts together from the other panelists. I'm not angry at all by the way about anything, I actually personally think the lists that have been posted are half-way decent in accuracy. I'd just like to see some kind of order.

And by the way, once a list is actually made that is accurate according to ALL panelist, make a new thread and get the thread closed, open another thread called something along the lines of "Flame/Agree on the FL. Power Rankings", and dedicate that thread to all of the replys to it.

RAM

Smash Lord
I'm active enough to be a NFL panelist so I can give play by play details to Manko after our Biweeklies since I go to every last one of them. I already have most of the crews opinions on NFL Rankings with of Course Rice being 1st. so I pretty much have the scoop of who is second third and so on I'm also Neutraul and don't play favorites.

Get on AIM Manko ^_^

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
And actually, Ex and I have some pretty different ideas when it comes to this, we spent 1-2 hours, actually, on the list, so I mean, it's not like we put it together agreeing the whole way...

And we're using tourney placings, so even if we agree or not, what does it really matter? He and i are the most active CFLians on these boards...I'm also, save for Hozart, the longest standing CFLian still playing...and he's exarch, creator of the FL thread, overall benefit to the community...I think we're good choices for it...and when/if we do have that chat room thing, we won't be the only opinions even...

I'm just not sure why we would think alike...we work well in teams and agree on a lot of non-smash things, but we debate a lot about actual smash matchups and people...it's true.
Like just today he was trying to tell me that Peach is hard to play. lawl noob. *hides*
Where you and Thomas argued for 1-2 hours me and you would have argued for like 6 hours! I guess all I'm saying is that I prefer a democracy over a republican type thing, I don't like the representative idea, not for the cfl community anyways.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
i am okay at teams
it is because those are fun and your partner can save you from faggy gimp stuff

i love derf

and wtf is with this sudden 'col bol' crap
i've never even heard of him :E

RockCrock

Smash Champion
How about we don't post a power ranking until "every one" of the panelist approves of it as a whole?
I guess you missed the 5 pages of people saying "ok lets make the list now" "ok yeah lets make the list" "yeah" etc. I took the initiative to MAKE A LIST and acutally post it. :bigthumbu Don't worry Barry, this thread is on the right track.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
and wtf is with this sudden 'col bol' crap
i've never even heard of him :E
Wtf Col bol is the 13 year old fox player in Noob Testament. He also goes by Don't Blink. The kid is ****. :G

OTRU...

Smash Champion
yeah sighrax u should challenge him... col bol ***** so b aware

i was just wondering y isnt anyone including dark falchion on their lists he's clearly the best in CFL, i dont think anyone can deny this, the kid has won gigs like 4 times or somethin like that

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
yeah sighrax u should challenge him... col bol ***** so b aware

i was just wondering y isnt anyone including dark falchion on their lists he's clearly the best in CFL, i dont think anyone can deny this, the kid has won gigs like 4 times or somethin like that
well he lives practically in front of the gigs doorstep so he has highest seed just because of all the times he goes... >_>;

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Alright, Yeah, DF is madd good. nobody can deny that...what I can deny is that he's the solid best in CFL. He has won the most gigs tourneys of all of us, yes, but he also either misses or places low at quite a few of them. He also doesn't tend to do as well against SFL as several other CFL smashers do, namely Exarch and Derf. I do slightly better against SFL than he does, as well, when he goes. I'm not taking away from Josh's skill in the least...believe me on that one. He's one of my most respected players, actually. I'm not saying he's not amazing, because that would be a definite lie. It's just that he does really well against CFL as a general rule and then either places lower or doesn't attend tournaments that SFL attends.

well he lives practically in front of the gigs doorstep so he has highest seed just because of all the times he goes... >_>;
Actually, I'm the highest seeded CFL player...that's the reason I made the list at all. I am the most consistent player in CFL as I always attend the tournaments, and I always place top 5, barring about 2 events...the random placings of other players and them being away for tournaments and such moved me to the top for about 4-5 tournaments now. Tournaments that SFL attends, I tend to place top 10, as well... I'm not bragging at all...just kinda justifying my own placement on the list. I fully expect that to change as of gigs, fyi.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I guess you missed the 5 pages of people saying "ok lets make the list now" "ok yeah lets make the list" "yeah" etc. I took the initiative to MAKE A LIST and acutally post it. :bigthumbu Don't worry Barry, this thread is on the right track.

Lol RockCrock, its funny how he specifically says Every One should make the list as a whole. He most likely did see all of the pages of people saying "Oh yes lets make a list" but guess what. When the lists are posted they are posted from two people at maximum as I can see from Fenrir and Exarchs last list. Thats what he is talking about. He is completely aware of people posting their lists. Thats why he wants you guys to quit posting lists from now on and just get on AIM, and actually settle it. So we don't have to see anymore incomplete list anymore. You have to make sure you actually read the post that he says. He says clearly in his own post that no one should be posting lists untill everyone one of the panelists have already agreed on that list. Which I have already pointed out that that list was only made by Fenrir and Exarch.

That is why he specifically underlined saying Everyone one in his post. So there wouldn't be any posts like yours.

Lol, I'm not trying to ride you RockCrock. But I think it would be much better to understand what is being posted than just to read it.

I am definitely not criticizing the list, but it still should be made from e v e r y panelists point of view.

Wow .... what is up with this thread. I've seen like 3 different power rankings so far. How about we don't post a power ranking until "every one" of the panelist approves of it as a whole? That way, there could be arguements/agreements over the "right" powerranking. Find a chatroom and discuss it with eachother and get it done without posting up your perspectives of the power rankings from your region of the entire state since you really don't know what you're talking about until you've gotten all the facts together from the other panelists. I'm not angry at all by the way about anything, I actually personally think the lists that have been posted are half-way decent in accuracy. I'd just like to see some kind of order.

And by the way, once a list is actually made that is accurate according to ALL panelist, make a new thread and get the thread closed, open another thread called something along the lines of "Flame/Agree on the FL. Power Rankings", and dedicate that thread to all of the replys to it.

Wtf at this rapage in this post?!? Barry pwns.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
okay whatever i mean yeah ill mm your fox for 5 bucks, i remember you now i just didnt know you were dont blink

i won a pretty big like... idunno 25 man tourney down here several months ago >_>
my only saving grace is placing high in teams consistantly :urg:

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Yes but Barry wasn't saying to post a list already, so what he is doing right now is not *****ing.

I don't remember if I said to post a list already. But I'm not *****ing about it. I'm just reinterpreting what Barry said that some other people don't understand.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I understood what Barry said, and I'm pretty sure Rock did, Rock was just explaining to Barry why he even posted a list period...I think you went a little overboard on Rock for nothing really...

Anyways, yeah buddy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom