• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on FL Power Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
there was a time that I used to really care about rankings.

not so much anymore.

now I just like the discussion (ahem, arguments) that stem from them.

But i'd rather not have people jumping on my case for a list.

but still alot of people ask that I make a list (3 or 4 counts as alot right?)

should I just PM you one? I think keeping it top 10 is better.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Dude, it was between you and Jessica....sorry, but she's hotter...
Lol, wtf? Have you seen my gunz?

Yeah Rock, post it.

BTW, we need to smash Rock. I need some practice before INNsomnia. INNsomnia is lookin real cool right now. After the tournament theres gonna be a party :chuckle:.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
*looks around*

This Darrel??

hey man, I don't know about power rankings...I'm a noob, remember?

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Rankings as created by QDVS and myself. Accuracy was strived for, but some biases are unavoidably present.

The list is split into tiers. After the top 7, it became too difficult to precisely rank players, so instead they have been grouped together at different skill levels. That is not to say that all the players in the Exceptional Tier are of equal skill, they are just in the same skill range. Within the tiers below Top, players will first be sorted by region, regions sorted by size, and players in alphabetical order, not by rank. When ranking, tournament placings were weighted the most, followed by our preception of the players abilities.

Rankings - 3/10/07 - Version 0.1 - THIS LIST IS NOT OFFICIAL
(QDVS, RockCrock)

Top Players
1. DaShizWiz/KeepSpeedN
3. Lambchops
4. XIF
5. Uber Ice
6. QueenDVS
7. Green_Mario

Exceptional Players
CFL: Col Bol, Dark Falchion, Exarch, Hozart, Noucles, The Law
SWFL: RockCrock, SheikSSBM

Great Players
CFL: Derf, Fenrir, phanna, Skrach, Rice
SFL: DooDah, Sighrax
SWFL: DewDaDash, SmashMac

Note: There are a number of players not ranked. This does not mean they are below the Great Players tier. It does mean that either Queen or myself have not played you enough to accurately rank you, or that we felt you had no significant placings. To fill in these gaps of our experiences, representatives from other regions will be employed to improve the list. THIS LIST IS NOT OFFICIAL. There are undoubtably descrepencies in the list, don't freak out over it, they will be corrected.

And one more time for those with poor sight, THIS LIST IS NOT OFFICIAL.

Signed, QueenDVS and RockCrock

derf

Smash Ace
lol why am i so low? im .500 v top 7 since mlg. why is darrel low too?

also i find the whole tier list thing insulting. just do a top 10 so we have an initial one, update it frequently and fairly, and stop sucking your own d1cks

also: neither of you knows **** about cfl or the dynamics therein, so quit trying to give us a regional ranking. none of us have ever done sfl regional rankings

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Easy Fred.

Rock said he knew it was going to be inaccurate for other regions-he also said there were some apparent biases.

For a couple SWFLians, they didn't do TERRIBLY with CFL... although it's definitely off.

Rice is NFL.

Hey Fred, if you're just sitting around right now i'll get online and we can talk power rankings from CFL standpoint.

derf

Smash Ace
ok then sorry i had to vent

but seriously. make a top 10 b/c anything else is too ambitious at this point. do/dont put cfl/rice on there i dont care. then if you guys lose to us or we do well move us up or if otherwise dont. but dont try to conjecture based on what you dont know

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well i for one liked the tiers idea...cuz after the top 8 are stated, every other smash player doesnt know where they stand..so having two extra tiers helps out with that one...i think the set-up that rock and queen made is fine..they just have to make sure that they keep updating it frequently to make it as accurate as possible...and we definitely need some cfl and nfl panelists...peace

-hiroshi

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
If anything right now let's discuss potential panelists/how many we should have for each region!!!

I think 2/3 for CFL, one for SWFL, and 1/2 for SEFL should be about right considering the size of each region + how much of an actual smash/tourney scene there is in each!!!

Oh and I put NFL as CFL since even though they smash up there they rarely if ever have tourneys up there, that aren't just among themselves and I see lots of them coming to CFL tourneys!!!

If NFL wants to be seperate you could have this as an example...

Panelists:

SWFL = Queen
SEFL = XIF, doodah
CFL = exarch, derf/fenrir
NFL = mankosuki/pritch

:colorful:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I guess I could be a panelist...heh...imagine that one.

Eh, I'm not trying to close this one, though, so I'll take it seriously. heh.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Manko over me for nfl. I play more with the clf people than the nfl people, and there's obviously better people to get for the clf rankings.

It is actually worth noting that as far as I know manko doesn't play with the nfl guys all that much either. Wouldn't it make more sense to get drumma, rice, or one of the other actual current nfl smashers to represent their region?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
We've gone over this before, but the reason is they know how NFL does amongst themselves but I can actually compare them to the rest of Florida since I go back & forth. I wouldn't mind Drumma being a panelist, although it'd pretty much just be him ranking Panhandle Manhandlers vs. PwnMobile, which it's pretty easy for me to keep track of. The truth is though, until they start comming to more CFL tourneys, they might as well be labeled as OOS. :ohwell:

As for myself, I don't really care to be on the list either since it reflects singles results and I'm going to go strickly teams until brawl. Aside from small/cheap tourneys or low-tier.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Even though noucles in a part of SWF now, i think he'd make for a good SEF panalist, since he knows almost everyone here and how the play and do and whatnot.... just a thought

Linguini

Smash Master
if there was a 0. on the rankings noucles would be on it because he got better over the time when he wasn't even playing in Tampa(dont ask me how)

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Even though noucles in a part of SWF now, i think he'd make for a good SEF panalist, since he knows almost everyone here and how the play and do and whatnot.... just a thought
how would he be apart of SWFL? he grew up playing in SEFL and ended up going to college in central.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom