• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on FL Power Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
So has anyone set up like a specific time to do the AIM chat or something?

Can I be a panelist?

We don't need Biased people like Queen who say Lambchops>******.

:chuckle:.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Our first meeting was last night, though a couple weren't there. What's up with that Exarch? You even set up the time! >_<

We got a few things squared away, though need another meeting or two as well.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Lobster your name was called but you didnt play, did you get your money back before leaving?
I got my money back for 2v2 teams, completely forgot about getting money back for 1v1 singles cause I was so **** tired lol :/

Hopefully I can get it back next giga, but I doubt it :psycho:

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Yeah guys, how is the list going? Did you guys have a meeting or something last night?

LaughterIsDeadly

Smash Apprentice
....anyway

Pwr rankings seem hard to determine especially for a region like ours. We are so big that not everyone can attend tournys in each area of our state. It seems that the top 2 are DF and Shiz.
In the following order:
1. Shiz
2. DF

But 3rd seems to hit grey, I could see any one of these names landing in 3rd

3. rock/green/UI/lamb/colbol/speeden

I my self lean more to col/speed for 3rd. With the others mentioned fighting over 4th but, I can see where I may be bias in that regard.

....anyway

Pwr rankings seem hard to determine especially for a region like ours. We are so big that not everyone can attend tournys in each area of our state. It seems that the top 2 are DF and Shiz.
In the following order:
1. Shiz
2. DF

But 3rd seems to hit grey, I could see any one of these names landing in 3rd

3. rock/green/UI/lamb/colbol/speeden

I my self lean more to col/speed for 3rd. With the others mentioned fighting over 4th but, I can see where I may be bias in that regard.
LOL ur an ignorant noob. i agree DF should def be 2nd or 1st cuz he has beaten ube ice and a bunch random noobs in his brackets(besides colbol) he's definately 2nd in the power ranking ur a genious hahaha.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I think DF should be Top 5 but not Second. Just cause he did good vs Me? Don't get me wrong, his Marth is ridiculously good. But I know for a fact he can't beat KeepSpeedN, not sure about Lambchops, not sure about Queen, not sure about Rock, or Green Mario and some other players.

See I only loose to people like Tipman, almost Dark Falchion, but I barely beat him.

If you think about it KeepSpeedN could beat everyone in Florida, he's beaten Uber Ice in a Gigabits, this time Uber Ice beat him, but I bet you, If KeepSpeedN didn't Forfeit to me in winners, he would of easily took First. Colbol would of been some trouble, but KeepSpeedN's Falco is almost as good as mine vs Fox. This is not even mentioning his Sheik(Which he didn't use at all during the tourney).

This is only one tournament, and at LTEC which Colbol went too and a lot of other CFL people. KeepSpeedN got second place, the highest placing player there besides SFL was Rice. Who should be Top 10.

Your statement is biased, its from one tournament where KeepSpeedN didn't even go Sheik. I thank you though for having me as first. But KeepSpeedN by tourney Results and consistency is definitely second.

Would be first if he doesn't forfeit to me.

The only true person who he might loose to in Florida, would be me. But we'll always forfeit to eachother so it doesn't even matter.

And wtf, SmashMac's doc owns. He should be First.

Edit: The way you should view the way people should be ranked not including tourney results is by their matchups, which helps place them without tourney results. Like this:

1. Shiz- Looses to Tipman, and only Tipman. Tipman=Quit=Don't count=Looses to no one.
2. KeepSpeedN-Looses to me(By forfeit, lol?) Never looses to anyone except once to UI, with Fox....
3. DarkFalchion-I don't know who he looses to besides me and KeepSpeedN, he fought KeepSpeedN last tournament and I think KeepSpeedN got in a 3 stock at one of Dark Falchions levels(Sorry if it sounds cocky but people that need to know His status need to read this)
4. Lambchops-Looses to me, KeepSpeedN beats him more then he beats KeepSpeedN(Tournament wise), lost to Colbol once, ******.........one, hopefully never again.
5. Colbol-Looses to me, KeepSpeedN(I'm pretty sure), Dark Falchion, Derf?

That is my Top 5. In that order though. Its a toss up between Dark Falchion and Lambchops, I'd say Lambchops over Dark Falchion though.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Tournament placing wise. KeepSpeedN always gets Top 2 besides this tournament. When he got Top 5 just going all Fox.

yep but he still needs to prove that his sheik is truly better than his fox and owns all with sheik u know what saying? u can say that his sheik can **** god but needs to prove it u know what im saying?.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Yeah I get what your saying. But it doesn't change the placings he's gotten. Not to put you on the spot, but when was the last time you got Top 2 in a tournament with CFL or SWFL in it besides the tournaments in SEFL.

He's gotten Top 2 in:
1.LTEC
2.Gigabits in December

You Got Top two in Mavericks tourney, which didn't have CFL in it but did have SWFL in it. Well not including Rock and Queen.

So he's over you kind of barely.

RockCrock

Smash Champion
3. DF? At the March Giga he beat UI and Shiz. Queen has beaten UI and nearly beat Shiz on multiple occasions.
5. Col - Can't really argue with anything that was said... hm...

3. DF? At the March Giga he beat UI and Shiz. Queen has beaten UI and nearly beat Shiz on multiple occasions.
5. Col - Can't really argue with anything that was said... hm...
except DF only truly beat UI and shizwiz anihaliated DF after losing to him in the end he lost to shiz cuz shiz won the last set and by alot too.1shiz.2speedn.3me cuz my c0ck is bigger than rock's vag1na.4?.5?.6?7?8?.9?.10mavericks' c0ck?

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
you forget:

THE SUPER HYPER GALACTIC POWER TIME HYPER BLAST!!!
---
How to do it: Down B

How to use it: One day I was thinking to my self, "gee, I really hate it when i'm about to get attacked I cant do anything to attack him while he's attacking." Then it came to me. What if I were to devise a move which when activated, any attack it hits will HIT THEM RIGHT BACK! I went into my secluded underground jamaican laboratories and set off to do some haxx, you know, MS word, browsing the internet, that sort of thing. I came out months later and devised THE SUPER HYPER GALACTIC POWER TIME HYPER BLAST. But nobody ever really gives me a chance anywhere! So I tossed it and then nintendo found it and recalled all the games and inserted MY MOVE into THEIR GAME and called it "the counter" psssh, how lame. You can tell alot about a person by their asthetics. Oh, incidentally, they mindwiped everyone to believe the game originally came out with this move. But my superior brain power knows otherwise!

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
Edit: The way you should view the way people should be ranked not including tourney results is by their matchups, which helps place them without tourney results.
Placing them by their match-ups, especially character match-ups, would be ideal, and probably one of the top reasons this has been difficult. Basing it solely on tournament placings over multiple tournaments effectively removes debate.

Regarding character match-ups, which is the easiest argument to fight, keep in mind it is the player's fault for mastering a character who is destroyed by A, where A is that character's counter-character. For example, I could ***** that my placing in CFL tournaments would be much higher if it weren't for Exarch's gay character, that I'm better than so and so but just get gayed early on. My response to myself: Tough luck, because it's your fault for playing Icys. Stop being a scrub and play Falco if it's so bad.

I pretty much think that to myself when anyone cries about some match-up...of course I don't say it explicitly. ;)

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Rock DF did beat me in a set, but I sent him to Loosers and beat him in the second set. And in the second set I went 3-0 with Falco, not even using Fox. Even though my Fox probably would of got torn up lol.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
quoth Hozart "Get off my platform, *****" in a menacing, yet sensual tone. When Hozart ***** he does it for his pleasure, not your pain.

rice

Smash Journeyman
hozart, weren't you the one *****ing that character match-ups don't matter? Its true that cause you mastered Character A that you can beat someone who mastered character B, but that doesn't mean they are = skill, cause they can be counters to that character, and can't be judged correctly. Lets show it this way, if Xif got to play a lot of scrubs, then for semi-finals has to play UI, did xif show that he acheived much? And lets say Xif takes a match from shiz's falco, that definately means Xif should be 2nd right? Am i right or am i right.??

LaughterIsDeadly

Smash Apprentice
I think if we want accurate pwr rnkings we should try to hold a pools tourny, that way we can evaluate everyone's preference against everyone... since some times people are given bs brackets whether they're to easy or against unfair match ups...

RAM

Smash Lord
Hmmmmmmm Well let's think of it like this if every Smasher from every Region of FL participated in this pools tourney and would have to play against every smasher that's there it will last until the sun burn itself out. if that's not what you mean then my apologies good sir. other then that if the panelist just make the list they are currently working on we should keep it like that and just go with the flow I mean the same player who had a BS bracket will not continue to have the Brackets go in that players favor every time. and if all else fail, the Top Ten could ( if they care ) challenge someone higher on the top ten list then they are placed and play for that smashers spot on the list with tourney rules.
( once again if they care enough ) it seem to work for Tenn Smashers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom