• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thoughts on FL Power Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rice

Smash Journeyman
ryan lol, thats like saying UI should challenge dashizwiz for #1 spot, which isn't that cool, cause he's IC's and shiz is falco.... keep that in mind :\

RAM

Smash Lord
This is why I don't try to help on the boards anymore it will only become shot down or ignored all together. Anyway I only suggested it, it's not like I'm saying they have to do this. on a side note I hate my real name being used on the boards it's common as hell. I betcha another smasher or 2 in Florida have the same first name as me.

i just realize y am i wasting my time doing power rankings hahahaha. u guys can do what u want everything i said just forget it cuz its just annoying arguing power rankings so good luck people on making this ****.

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
Here comes a book...

hozart, weren't you the one *****ing that character match-ups don't matter? Its true that cause you mastered Character A that you can beat someone who mastered character B, but that doesn't mean they are = skill, cause they can be counters to that character, and can't be judged correctly. Lets show it this way, if Xif got to play a lot of scrubs, then for semi-finals has to play UI, did xif show that he acheived much? And lets say Xif takes a match from shiz's falco, that definately means Xif should be 2nd right? Am i right or am i right.??
My apologies, I thought I was still *****ing about that in my post--or maybe there's a misunderstanding. My opinion is: when we're discussing what the power rankings should be, character match-ups should be left out, i.e. they shouldn't be a concern, with my reasoning being that it is the player's fault for mastering that character with those weaknesses. Consider how confusing character match-up debates will become when we start thinking about giving proper recognition to those that play low-tiers. "Low-tier" players don't usually place very high unless they are spectacularly skilled, and even then they might get second place. Should that player be #1? If we're going off skill, I'd say that if this Yoshi player consistently places top 10 in a tournament where everyone is playing top/upper tiers, it should place him higher, even if he couldn't beat any of the top nine.
If we're discussing power rankings, I say no, because the power rankings to me isn't a ranking of that subjective, debatable concept known as skill. It is moreso a general estimate of how well the top players will place in any tournament they attend. For example, if DaShizWiz attends a tournament that no other top ten are attending, he is very likely to get first place, and even if the other top 10 are attending, he has a good chance of getting first anyways, hence his placing.

To answer your question, Rice, I'd say it should bump up where the person is currently placed on the list. XIF is on the list, and he reaches second place, that should bring him up, and in turn everyone below him should be brought down. It shouldn't be a complete swap. Just because I barely knocked Green Mario out of the tournament, doesn't make me 7th/8th in the state, but if I do this every tournament, it might eventually. Therefore, XIF's would-be placing shouldn't make him second place, but only bring him closer and closer to it (till eventually, after multiple tournaments he's 2nd in the state).

A power rankings representing actual skill is something that would only become truely legitimate, as RAM already said, after concocting a list right now, and updating it after every tournament with some kind of system or equation.

RAM said:
if all else fail, the Top Ten could ( if they care ) challenge someone higher on the top ten list then they are placed and play for that smashers spot on the list with tourney rules.
I think that the best way this could work out would be to force that smasher to work his way up the list and when he's stopped along the way, he stays in his new place. For example, if I wanted to be considered the best in the state, I'd have to challenge all top 10, starting with #10, then #9, etc. If this is how it were done, we'd need a bigger list. Where you are placed on this new list means that you beat everyone below you, but can't beat those above you.

rice

Smash Journeyman
oh, well i jsut find it funny, that you say one thing somewhere else, and another thing elsewhere, im sorry, i find it hypocritical. Although you say stuff about mastering characters with those 'weaknesses' bull****, everyone could care less. As i already explained, with your reasoning that UI should be first. cuase he is able to beat shiz right? or wait, since people say speedncan beat UI, it should be ranked speedn 1st, UI 2nd, and shiz 3rd, but wait, xif can beat UI too cause of his weakness, so xif should be 2nd, ui 3rd, and shiz 4th?

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry, but I fail to see where he contradicted himself. He said character match-ups would be ideal he even highlighted it for you, but in the end he said character match-ups aren't good. He even restated it in his book that "he thought he was *****ing about it all along in his previous post and that there was some misunderstanding" I probably shouldn't put that in quotes but whatever. It seems to me that you both somewhat agree and you think he saying the opposite.Your lack of understanding will create chaos and destruction in this thread, it's a good thing I'm here. =)

*whispers* hozart you need to go back and highlight ideal
*whipsers* rice lookup ideal in the dictionary

RockCrock

Smash Champion
You missed the point of my post in reference to DF, Shiz.

My point is that DF is #3 on your list, whereas Queen has similiar accomplishments (beating UI and nearly beating you) but is not on your list. That doesn't make sense.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
i just realize y am i wasting my time doing power rankings hahahaha. u guys can do what u want everything i said just forget it cuz its just annoying arguing power rankings so good luck people on making this ****.
OMG I agree man. People stop BSing about talking about some pools crap now. This is getting annoying. Do you guys realize how hard it is to place Top 1 every tournament? Just get the list down now. You guys keep on procastinating. First it was OK guys after LTEC we'll get this list done, then its OK guys after Gigabits lets get this list done. Now some pools thing? Nahh, just post a freaken list already or take my list.

Everytime I put someone on a list its for good reasoning and not because "I'M BIASED" or "Someone did good at ONE tournament".

1. Shiz
2. KeepSpeedN
3. Lambchops
4. Dark Falchion
5. ColBol/Queen/RockCrock/Noucles/Green Mario/Xif/Hozart?/Rice(He is ridiculously good also, people need to stop underestimating him, the only people in Florida that Can't beat him are like Top 5, or some gay peach players)

rice

Smash Journeyman
uhh you may be right thelaw, but eh...he kept rambling on about weaknesses and crap, and i couldn't even take it seriously. But if he didn't really say anything, then that means his post was just utter crap.

Ideal -a standard of perfection or excellence.
if its ideal, then why wouldn't we want to do it, im guessing he's just a ****** and doesn't want to do somethign that is ideal.

RAM

Smash Lord
I suggested that we just go with the flow. it's all up to the panelist now. also Rice should be in the top ten he's been too 3 FLorida Tourneys and placed top ten every time. only reason he have'nt been to more tourney's is due to lack of transportation. but beside's that Shiz List is pretty straight forward and accurate.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
But RockCrock, Character match-ups take a place in skill between Queen and Dark Falchion.

Dark Falchion
1. Can do good against me
2. Beat UI
3. Beat Colbol
4. Best in CFL
5. Places Top 2 every tournament in
CFL and placed Top 2 in a tournament
with All of Floridas best.

Queen
1. Does good against me.
2. Beats UI
3. Can he beat Colbol?
4. 3rd or 4th best in SWFL
5. This tournament he got 7th, usually ge Top 5, but this had all of Floridas best in it.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
You missed the point of my post in reference to DF, Shiz.

My point is that DF is #3 on your list, whereas Queen has similiar accomplishments (beating UI and nearly beating you) but is not on your list. That doesn't make sense.
Sorry your right, I did miss your point of view. But to talk about what you said about queen.

I know Queen has similar accomplishments as Dark Falchion, but Dark Falchion simply has more.

Dark Falchion- The accomplishments he has more than Queen is that Dark Falchion is more even with me then Queen IMO. He is harder for me. IMO, the only reason Queen goes so close with me is because I play him often. So he knows the way I play lol, almost everytime I play him he's like, "Don't roll there" while I'm rolling there, lol? Well, that was kind of a while ago, but my point is he still knows the way I play. Dark Falchion on the other hand, is ridiculous vs Space Animals. I think he'd do really good vs Lambchops, and noucles.

Queen- He looses to Lambchops almost all the time, he looses to Noucles almost all the time. He looses to me when we play in tournament(Yes the matches are really close), he will loose to KeepSpeedN's sheik(If keepSpeedN didn't go nub characters like Fox or Falco), I think he'd loose to Dark Falchion because he isn't that good in Marth dittos, he says....(I don't think he's bad in Marth dittos, I just think the dittos he has with Mav makes him think that because Mav is ridiculous in them). He lost to your Fox this tournament. But you guys usually go pretty even in tournament matches.

It is really hard to rank them because they have a lot of similarities, but according to my experience seeing DF play against Space animals. I don't think he'd loose as bad vs Lambchops, but against Nouc I don't know what would happen. Noucles is ridiculously good vs Marth.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bronson if you have such good views on everything then why not be a panelist along with myself???

Posting all your thoughts don't have as much bearing if you're not a panelist, you and Barry even agreed we should stop posting our lists and just wait till we discuss it!!!

So if you really feel the need to give such strong viewpoints on everything, then you can be a panelist!!!

Anyways I didn't read everything (I fell asleep at 6 PM last night), I'll read more/possibly edit this later!!!

:colorful:

EDIT: Also you guys should be doing this over AIM, leave this thread for more official business!!!

TheLaw

Smash Apprentice
uhh you may be right thelaw, but eh...he kept rambling on about weaknesses and crap, and i couldn't even take it seriously. But if he didn't really say anything, then that means his post was just utter crap.

Ideal -a standard of perfection or excellence.
if its ideal, then why wouldn't we want to do it, im guessing he's just a ****** and don't want to do somethign that is ideal.
That is one definition of ideal, there are many others.

Communism is an ideal form of government, but I guess America and the rest of the world are ******* and doesn't want something to do that's ideal.

Of course you would have to know what ideal means to understand the previous sentence. Something that's ideal is basically something that sounds good, it seems like a good idea, but in the real world it just won't work, and this is me pulling this off the top of my head, I'm sure the dictionary could state it better.

For everything else that you said I do not have time to help explain to you what he meant at the moment, I'm sure Hozart will see this and try to clear things up hopefully in terms you could understand.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
WTF rice??? I can't believe you're talking **** to Hozart. He's like the nicest kid on this planet. I'm sorry but being mean to Hozart should be punished by death or something.

Also, you can't argue with Hozart. He is never wrong.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Shiz, did you really just call peach players gay? Are you serious?

And did you really say Rice was the highest placer at my tourney other than SFL? As I recall, I got 5th, and Rice got 7th.

I am not going to go into what I think about space animals players.

I agree with Mankosuki, only the top 4 characters should be allowed in the power rankings.

Don't mistake this for being mean (cause it kinda has that tone), Bronson you're a cool guy, but give me a break. I'm just questioning what's going on here.

And David you know what I think about you.

So can we shut this thread down till we get on AIM?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Queen: Yeah guys, can I be a panelist? Or just have Barry as one. He is a really good person at figuring things out and thinks almost the same as me.

Exarch: Lol, man I was just joking. There are no such thing as gay peach players. But IMO of course I think peach is a gay character. But I don't think you are lol, I <3 you and XIF. I just don't like peach lol, her downsmash = two of Falcos best combos, lol. I understand Fox is gay, but I really don't think Falco is too gay lol.

In order of gay chars it goes.

1. Marth
2. Sheik
3. Fox/Peach/Jigglypuff

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Yeah I think its best to just let that situation go. I think EVERYONE that is a Top player, like Top 10, should join a chatroom tonight at 9 P.M.

This is including the Panelists.

I get sleepy after 9 P.M.

Darkfalchion0813

BRoomer
BRoomer
well, i dont have internet at my new appartment, so im online at my parents house. alright, first of all, lemme just point out speedn never 3 stocked me at the gigabytes a while back. first match was a 1 stock, and second match was a 2 stock at high percent, I'm almost certain anyone who saw the match would vouch for me.

also, i notice you guys put lamb infront of me, well, this is rediculous, seeing as how we've never played each other in a tourney match. And id have to agree with shiz that id prolly do very well vs lamb(sorry lamb) mainly because he doesnt camp as bad as shiz(sorry shiz)

and as for shizs comment about how your almost certain speedn would beat me, ive gotten rediculously good vs shiek, almost as good as i am vs space animals. ask derf about it. so theres a good possibility of us being even.

anyway, im not bashing anyone or calling anyone out. shiz you DID camp me, but u wanted to win. so did i so i tried to gay you because you were camping me. lamb, last time we played both our best charaters, it was at paws, so we cant base anything off that. noucles, last time we played each other was at the first kissimmee tourney, so we cant base anything off that.

now that i got all that out, id just like to say i really dont give a **** about the powerrankings. i just dont want any false info or biased opinions going around while discussing this.

oh yea, and shiz is a beast. <3 shiz:chuckle:

and one more thing, my c0ck is SOOOOOOOO much bigger than lambs:p

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Dark Falchion :chuckle:, look at the matches closely, I started camping because you did first!! I never gay before I get gayed.

Well I say KeepSpeeN can beat you because he is just too awesome vs Marth. And my bad for saying he three stocked you on your counterpick(Corneria, I thought I saw right).

IMO you have one of the most weirdest unique marths I've ever played or seen play. At gigabits(The first one) I was so surprised watching you play SpeedN because he ***** almost every marth. He didn't **** you, but he did beat you. I don't know if its just me, but I know for a fact that no ones marth can beat my bros sheik. Its just too good :chuckle:.

You vs Lamb though, I don't know what would happen. You ***** me vs Set, which were really fun matches even though I was getting *****. But next set I was like wtf, someone beat me?(Nah just kidding, you pwn)

I just think you need to keep placing like this with tourney's that have all of Floridas best in it. And for sure you'd be 3rd no doubt. Like I said before, SpeedN is second because of tourney placings, not because he can beat who(random person), but because of tourney placing. Heck, you might take second place if speedn quits sheik or something. Like I'm thinking about going more all Fox for some tournaments, so thats going to lower my power rankings as well :).

well, i dont have internet at my new appartment, so im online at my parents house. alright, first of all, lemme just point out speedn never 3 stocked me at the gigabytes a while back. first match was a 1 stock, and second match was a 2 stock at high percent, I'm almost certain anyone who saw the match would vouch for me.

also, i notice you guys put lamb infront of me, well, this is rediculous, seeing as how we've never played each other in a tourney match. And id have to agree with shiz that id prolly do very well vs lamb(sorry lamb) mainly because he doesnt camp as bad as shiz(sorry shiz)

and as for shizs comment about how your almost certain speedn would beat me, ive gotten rediculously good vs shiek, almost as good as i am vs space animals. ask derf about it. so theres a good possibility of us being even.

anyway, im not bashing anyone or calling anyone out. shiz you DID camp me, but u wanted to win. so did i so i tried to gay you because you were camping me. lamb, last time we played both our best charaters, it was at paws, so we cant base anything off that. noucles, last time we played each other was at the first kissimmee tourney, so we cant base anything off that.

now that i got all that out, id just like to say i really dont give a **** about the powerrankings. i just dont want any false info or biased opinions going around while discussing this.

oh yea, and shiz is a beast. <3 shiz:chuckle:

and one more thing, my c0ck is SOOOOOOOO much bigger than lambs:p
sorry DF. the way shiz played u.... i play marths like that too and alot of fast kills so u can say im gayyer. but it dont matter i got to prove myself

Dark Falchion :chuckle:, look at the matches closely, I started camping because you did first!! I never gay before I get gayed.

Well I say KeepSpeeN can beat you because he is just too awesome vs Marth. And my bad for saying he three stocked you on your counterpick(Corneria, I thought I saw right).

IMO you have one of the most weirdest unique marths I've ever played or seen play. At gigabits(The first one) I was so surprised watching you play SpeedN because he ***** almost every marth. He didn't **** you, but he did beat you. I don't know if its just me, but I know for a fact that no ones marth can beat my bros sheik. Its just too good :chuckle:.

You vs Lamb though, I don't know what would happen. You ***** me vs Set, which were really fun matches even though I was getting *****. But next set I was like wtf, someone beat me?(Nah just kidding, you pwn)

I just think you need to keep placing like this with tourney's that have all of Floridas best in it. And for sure you'd be 3rd no doubt. Like I said before, SpeedN is second because of tourney placings, not because he can beat who(random person), but because of tourney placing. Heck, you might take second place if speedn quits sheik or something. Like I'm thinking about going more all Fox for some tournaments, so thats going to lower my power rankings as well :).
speedn barely beats jonny ahhahaha.. OWNED he only 2 stocked him and then 1 stocked him in FD only cuz jonny tried to 250% up throw kill him cuz jonny is an a$$hole.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
speedn barely beats jonny ahhahaha.. OWNED he only 2 stocked him and then 1 stocked him in FD only cuz jonny tried to 250% up throw kill him cuz jonny is an a$$hole.

Quit saying noobish stuff, that tournament was in september. And next fight he owned Johny. Are you watching the matches are just going by hear say? Like you said about DooDah beating Flowin. You didn't even see it.

Stop going to old tournament, hell you used to own me a long time ago(In friendlies, but would've beat me in tourney). But we don't go by that anymore. That crap is like a year old. Thats when Flowin actually used to attend tournies.

I don't know a marth in Florida that can beat SpeedN, and none of them have proved it either(His sheik obviously).

Lambchops, quit talking so much ****, its really starting to get annoying. You don't even have the skill to back it up. Hell, MM me next tourney.

Falco ditto me.

Or maybe I'll just play you in tournament for the 4th time again.

skrach8

Smash Lord
Do u know how rediculous all that **** talking is making this thread. Its a big joke, you laugh, we forget about it, we move on. Period. On everyside, im not just targeting one person.

but there are some other things in this thread......

Its starting to get annoying hearing how Shiz owns all, or how spdn owns all every single post. lol in all honesty u guys **** way to hard to be living in florida. SHIZ and SPDN = sick multiplied by over 9000. but i mean alot of posts..... (ur still cool as hell son, dont hate me)

Lamb everyone knows ur too good. UR FALCO IS GANSTA SON. but the quarrelling needs to end. johnny is the **** we know, i wish i was johnny, but im not. ( ur ***** is still huge, ur cool as hell, dont hate me)

Oh yeah this is to the main man rice. I dont know if you were trying to attack, or maybe it just came out wrong, and maybe hoz did contradict himself at one point. but he fixed it. he is a noble man so chill.

Law ur gay. u took my old english, huge word writing style and turned it gay. i want it back.

So how bout we drop whatever it is. And start disussing serious things in this thread. Again i wasnt bashing on anyone personally but this thread is turning wayyy to drama. No one is joking when they feel they are getting attacked. I mean i would react the same. SO ALL **** TALKING NEEDS TO CEASE.

but who am i, im just a noob. hell i still get four stocked by all of the above me talking now. SHIZ, LAMB, SPEEDN, RICE, HOZ, LAW etc.... > SKRACH. There it was said. but who is better the noob who knows he is a noob or the decent guy that thinks he is pro. alittle bit of socrates for you smart people out there.

skrach8

Smash Lord
Do u know how rediculous all that **** talking is making this thread. Its a big joke, you laugh, we forget about it, we move on. Period. On everyside, im not just targeting one person.
but there are some other things in this thread......

Its starting to get annoying hearing how Shiz owns all, or how spdn owns all every single post. lol in all honesty u guys **** way to hard to be living in florida. SHIZ and SPDN = sick multiplied by over 9000. but i mean alot of posts..... (ur still cool as hell son, dont hate me)

Lamb everyone knows ur too good. UR FALCO IS GANSTA SON. but the quarrelling needs to end. johnny is the **** we know, i wish i was johnny, but im not. ( ur ***** is still huge, ur cool as hell, dont hate me)

Oh yeah this is to the main man rice. I dont know if you were trying to attack, or maybe it just came out wrong, and maybe hoz did contradict himself at one point. but he fixed it. he is a noble man so chill.
Law ur gay. u took my old english, huge word writing style and turned it gay. i want it back.

So how bout we drop whatever it is. And start disussing serious things in this thread. Again i wasnt bashing on anyone personally but this thread is turning wayyy to drama. No one is joking when they feel they are getting attacked. I mean i would react the same. SO ALL **** TALKING NEEDS TO CEASE.

but who am i, im just a noob. hell i still get four stocked by all of the above me talking now. SHIZ, LAMB, SPEEDN, RICE, HOZ, LAW etc.... > SKRACH. There it was said. but who is better the noob who knows he is a noob or the decent guy that thinks he is pro. alittle bit of socrates for you smart people out there.

:laugh: :confused: :( ;) :psycho:

sorry for the double post.

Hozart

Smash Journeyman
Using bold to emphasis points

Wait, you didn't read and yet you open fire? *sigh* I suppose my expectations were too high for you.

TheLaw already used good logic and owned.

Let's get a competent power rankings list up, and update as time goes on. Be sure to create a new, locked thread with the list and the list only. QDVS do you have this ability? Will there be a discussion tonight or are we already finished?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I've got work 4:30p-11:30p tonight and I'm not sure about next week since I'm getting my schedule today. Sombody could save the chatroom convo as a html for me?

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Skrach is a double posting noob!

I should be number 1 on the list! shiz who?!

j/k, please don't kill me guys :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom