• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This is my power... but what is my purpose? ~ Mewtwo Social Thread

quak

Smash Champion
I liked it better with the old music =(
so did i, effing youtube

nice to know ppl didn't forget about me, and semisweet to know that people actually read/watch my stuff

semisweet cause you all should have come up with loads better stuff by now

as far as videos go, i'll never set up my own recording, only chance is if somebody else does it for me

but dayum, some of the **** i do would be mind boggling

it would boggle your mind

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Is the video with original audio available anywhere else? <_<

I wish I knew the range on the fair. I think it's crappy, but I don't want to believe that it's crappy.

Lately, I've been experimenting with using the back part of the uair as an edge guard/gimp. It seems to hit a little harder than the bair, but I'm not entirely sure.

Also, I've been approaching with the uair. But again, I dunno what the hitboxes look like, so I have no idea if that's a good idea or not.

quak

Smash Champion
experimental, but all unpractical

and no the videos (as far as i know) isn't available elsewhere

upair as a gimp has worked i think there's a clip of it in my combo vid actually. Very situational, bair is almost exclusively better for that. Fair's range is ****, and should be used when you're positive your in range, cause if you're not sure, you're most likely not.

Upair approach is a bad idea, go for wd + tilts/wd + sheild

EDIT: just rewatched vid, it's at 2:30

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
haha fackin mewtwo-I remember ****in tryin to moonwalk for the longest.

As a direct approach the uair is not very good. The hitboxes for it are mostly above mewtwo and then move behind and above. They are around his eyes I think for a short time. Bair is better altho Its not my favorite its a possible approach. but most of the time it leads to nothing.

Just a little above the bulb of the tail, is the uairs sweetspot. It hits harder and can kill around 120-150 but it also depends on how high up you are when you hit them. I like hitting with it while facing away from them. that way you can combo into it from bair.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Well I haven't been trying to hit with the front of the uair (not sure if it even has a frontal hitbox) but if you go through them, they either take it on their shield and you're safeish or they get hit and get knocked up into the air which lets you...

...I dunno, do something else.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
thanks. This was nothing more than me ****in around tho but my friends said the quality was good enough so Im gonna start recording full scale in a minute.

also Ill be working on a new mewtwo thread. unlike vectorman I dont mind telling my secrets LOL. Ill just get new ones.

quak

Smash Champion
maybe it's just me, but i think alot ppl play mewtwo too careful

also, incase anybody on here actually HASNT seen this, this:

D1

Banned via Administration

Game 3 of pools tiebreaker btwn Iori and Darkrain.

There should be more life in this section.

A fvckin Mewtwo main won a tournament...with IHSB, Darkrain, ArcNatural, and others in attendance.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
I threw the most LEGENDARY Shadow Ball of all time. Look for it in my next video! :D My balls are heavy.
that goes in the "things i could've lived the rest of my life without knowing" cat. :laugh: <3 Taj I can't wait to see it it must've been a special SB huh?

@McSnapple: M2 dittos suck. don't play them unless you know that you are better @ punishing than your opponent is.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
i know right? I'm expecting some kind of kill @ 15% in a way that I would've never thought of... y'know?

I just found out about it and it's bugging the crap out of me already...

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hi everyone,

I've been maining Marth and Mewtwo since Melee came out but I just decided to go all out Mewtwo.

So...what's new?
Nothing much, Mewtwo's been kicking some serious *** lately, so you can probably main Mewtwo without trouble, really. [Just be wary of the learning curve; he's a tough one. Which is what makes him so fun.]
So yeah, welcome to the Mewtwo boards. (:

Ah, and quick FYI, if you manage to get a bit deeper into the Melee scene, you'll override whatever Brawl skills you got by a LONG shot. Experience, do I speak from. XD

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Nothing much, Mewtwo's been kicking some serious *** lately, so you can probably main Mewtwo without trouble, really. [Just be wary of the learning curve; he's a tough one. Which is what makes him so fun.]
So yeah, welcome to the Mewtwo boards. (:

Ah, and quick FYI, if you manage to get a bit deeper into the Melee scene, you'll override whatever Brawl skills you got by a LONG shot. Experience, do I speak from. XD
Thanks for the welcome =]

What do you mean I'll override my brawl skills? is that a bad thing? XD

SDC

Smash Lord
I'll stick with Mewtwo :urg:
Thanks =)

You'll learn soon enough, maining a good character and seconding a bad one is just better. But as I said, you'll find that out soon enough.

I'm just starting competitive Melee, but I have experience from brawl.
Lol. Brawl experience will not help you much in melee. The only benefit I've seen is some people have improved DI/Spacing, but you can work on both of those in melee, and more, so you might as well not even have it.

Nothing much, Mewtwo's been kicking some serious *** lately,
Lol what?

so you can probably main Mewtwo without trouble, really.
No, actually, you're going to have alot of trouble lol. If you play anybody good, maining mewtwo will be a painful experience for a very long time.

[Just be wary of the learning curve; he's a tough one
Yes, this is true. Mewtwo's learning curve is monstrous.

But don't listen to anybody who will tell you that maining mewtwo "won't be too hard", they really don't know what they're talking about. Seriously maining mewtwo is.....nearly impossible. Not even the best mewtwo in the world (Taj) seriously uses him much (he's only recently started maining mewtwo in tourney because he's finally realizing that it's his best character. Taj mostly uses marth, fox, and recently sheik, because those characters are actually good. Mewtwo is not. In fact, in melee, mewtwo is a really terrible character.)

But, if you really like mewtwo, keep working at him, while learning a good character. I'd recommend trying all the mid, high, and top tiers and finding which one you like the most, and practice him/her the most, and then practice mewtwo on the side. That is the wisest approach to melee, honestly.

EDIT:

What do you mean I'll override my brawl skills? is that a bad thing? XD
Yes, honestly, brawl in general is a bad thing.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
If you look at the MU thread you will see that I ***** that ****. Mewtwo doesnt even look like he is that bad, you have to ignore what the other characters MUs look like tho lol.

Slight disadvantages vs most of the mid and higher low tier characters, vs the rest its either disadvantage or large but snot even that bad lol. Except when its pretty bad.

SDC

Smash Lord
If you look at the MU thread you will see that I ***** that ****. Mewtwo doesnt even look like he is that bad, you have to ignore what the other characters MUs look like tho lol.

Slight disadvantages vs most of the mid and higher low tier characters, vs the rest its either disadvantage or large but snot even that bad lol. Except when its pretty bad.
blablabla mewtwo sucks

<3 Kaos

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Yoshi's ****! and essentially.. I guess it all depends on the user...From the current potential discovered.. Mewtwo can't be played.. against the best.. but Pikachu was nothing to believe in, and what do you know...

Axe came around, and he was motivation driven alone... IMO, it all jus depends on the player.. and I'll always think that.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Yes, this is true. Mewtwo's learning curve is monstrous.
I'm not afraid of a learning curve.
But don't listen to anybody who will tell you that maining mewtwo "won't be too hard", they really don't know what they're talking about. Seriously maining mewtwo is.....nearly impossible. Not even the best mewtwo in the world (Taj) seriously uses him much (he's only recently started maining mewtwo in tourney because he's finally realizing that it's his best character. Taj mostly uses marth, fox, and recently sheik, because those characters are actually good. Mewtwo is not. In fact, in melee, mewtwo is a really terrible character.)
I get that.

But like I said, I'm not afraid of having to learn a tough character, instead of taking the easy way out and going Marth. By that logic I would just use MK in brawl. :rolleyes:

But, if you really like mewtwo, keep working at him, while learning a good character. I'd recommend trying all the mid, high, and top tiers and finding which one you like the most, and practice him/her the most, and then practice mewtwo on the side. That is the wisest approach to melee, honestly.
How do you figure that working on two characters will get me farther than focusing solely on one?

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
to be blunt, it's because mewtwo is a bad character. Working on multiple characters isn't necessarily a bad thing either. Nearly every top pro i can think of uses more than 1 character except for hungrybox and armada. If you want to main solely mewtwo that's fine but don't expect to have any tournament success for a while

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Lol, toon link is alot better in Brawl than mewtwo is in melee comparatively. Sonic, ehh probably a little better, but I dont actually know anything about him other than he is pretty bad...iir

Mewtwo is solid tho. I really cant see it any other way. Its like he doesnt have tools to handle certain things, but you just make tools outta sticks and **** and you got this.

Top Bottom