• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that you find funny thats not funny to others.

mzink*

Smash Ace
You know those little short films that play before Pixar movies? I always end up laughing incredibly hard at those. Simple humor like that really gets me for some reason, and usually I'm the only one in the theater laughing myself to tears.

The alien one before Rattatouii is my favorite.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
That picture of the eagle with the teardrop on it's cheek, after 9/11. I don't think the terrorist attack itself is terribly funny, but the eagle's just too corny for me not to laugh at.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
edit: nevermind

Learning trig identities. Whenever sinA.cosB comes up, I keep thinking sinA times cosby. It might be the caffeine.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Tourettes syndrome
Funny story regarding this. I remember it semi-vividly. Way back in 8th or 9th grade on
remembrance day we had to all pile into the gymnasium for the "moment of silence".

But out of nowhere during this moment of silence a guy with tourettes began making these
random uncontrollable sounds. Everyone who heard him knew he couldn't control it, but I tried my absolute hardest not to burst out in laughter :laugh: It was soooo funny!

Afterwards I realized that it was kinda mean and it disrespected the war veterans or whatever, so I came to a conclusion that I find the random unpredictable things funny.

Also I had to work with a guy who had a severe speech impediment. Me and my boss made fun of him all the time (He was really.....big also) :laugh:

Am I a bad person for making fun of the disabled :ohwell:

Mahjix

Smash Cadet
I find children getting lost in the mall funny.
OMFG LMFAO!! XDDDDD

The randomness in this post and how it was posted was just absolutely hilarious.

I don't find children being lost in a mall funny at all; it's mostly due to the fact that they whine.
I find that annoying.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
I think the new scooby-doo is funny too. Hey that rhymes! Except for the goblin king one.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Mahjix

Smash Cadet
But I thought the topic was "Things that you find funny thats not funny to others."?

Another thing I find funny is this thing my kitten does: when he sniffs an area on the carpet for more than 10 seconds he'll look up and stare at me with his mouth slightly opened as if he were about to sneeze and hold it four about 5 seconds before licking it away. I call it the scarface because he looks like Scar from Lion King. I find it funny but others don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I find certain tone noises when certain people cough or sneeze hilarious, seriously, some of the coughs sound strange, especailly when they put so much emphasis while doing so.

Also, when people trip over, it makes me laugh ALOT! (depending on who it is)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I find the ritualistic sacrifice of small children to the devil on Halloween as drop dead hilarious.

Cyndi

Smash Apprentice
I laugh at Titanic when that guy jumping off hits the propeller and starts spinning. I know, it's mean...but...he looks like a crash test dummy!

djamel

Smash Rookie
I saw someone slipped and hit her butt on the floor. I find that funny cos she doesn't know that the floor was slippery wet, and others that saw the incident laughed too.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Lol the concept of this thread sets it up for failure. No one will be laughing except at their own posts.
Pwnt.
That count?

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Overall, I find it funny when people slip and fall, and I can tell it isn't serious. Especially when people dart their eyes back and forth to see who is laughing at them. Also when people are about to fall, why do they fling their arms wildly to try to keep balance? In most cases, this will not work, and will only draw the attention of others who wouldn't have seen you fall otherwise.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Also when people are about to fall, why do they fling their arms wildly to try to keep balance? In most cases, this will not work, and will only draw the attention of others who wouldn't have seen you fall otherwise.
It's to keep the body stable and therefore possibly preventing a fall, or a person could just as easily fling their arms just to grab a hold of any nearby object that might otherwise prevent them from falling.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I laugh at the Saw franchise

I know I'm not the only one, but I'm certain I'm the only one who was laughing in the theater those 4 times

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
In SOCOM online, I crack up once a game has ended, and 3 SEALs are shooting a Mercenarie's corpse. I've done it a hundred times and still crack up.

Also in Combined Assault, whenever you try to snipe someone in your scope, they jump Mario style. XD

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I just found out that there was a version of the Cadbury's gorilla advert with Total Eclipse of the Heart instead XD.
All they had done was slowed down the drumming lol.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
I think it's funny when little kids are running around and they fall. They get up and they are fine, but when they see the blood they SCREAM.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I think it's funny when little kids are running around and they fall. They get up and they are fine, but when they see the blood they SCREAM.
I just laugh when little kids run and fall in general.

I laugh at the Saw franchise

I know I'm not the only one, but I'm certain I'm the only one who was laughing in the theater those 4 times

I've actually never seen any Saw movie. But I have laughed at certain parts of Saving Private Ryan. I feel terrible for it though.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
In tf2 (Team shooter..) There is a sound in game that says, in a deep russian accent

"What sick men send babies to fight me?"

It has been a staple to play it over the mic, and it kinda fades into the background.

Well, one day a man had an edited clip, with a Comedy Central Censorship style beep over one of the words..

"What sick men send babies to F**K me?"

An honest question to all a lot of people, what sick men would?! But, it broke the monotony of the russian and I laughed for a good 5 minutes, and while I typed this.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
In tf2 (Team shooter..) There is a sound in game that says, in a deep russian accent

"What sick men send babies to fight me?"

It has been a staple to play it over the mic, and it kinda fades into the background.

Well, one day a man had an edited clip, with a Comedy Central Censorship style beep over one of the words..

"What sick men send babies to F**K me?"

An honest question to all a lot of people, what sick men would?! But, it broke the monotony of the russian and I laughed for a good 5 minutes, and while I typed this.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I find it funny to say weird, random things out loud.

And to use Internet terms/memes IRL.

It's safe to say people think I'm bonkers.

They just don't understand~

Top Bottom