• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things that you find funny thats not funny to others.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Me thinking that Jammer looks like Matthew Fox.. :laugh:
I don't think that's funny...

I found that 15 year old girl getting ***** by 20 men in a jail cell day after day for 30 days funny. But the mods didn't so they gave me a 3 point (argued it down to a 2 point) infraction and they closed the thread cause of me. Good**** huh?
Actually, I think that's a little funny too, but only for the reason that it never happened.

In general, **** is seriously unfunny. But when a bunch of people (including myself) fall for a fictional story like that and start throwing hate at Brazilians and fictional prison guards, it makes me chuckle, in a cynical way, that made-up stories can provoke such strong emotions and even prompt people to say they want to kill other people.

Humanity. Ah, the humanity.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Oh, this thread reminds me, a girl at my school and I play this game, where we have to make the other person laugh by saying funny/inapropriate things, to make them laugh. Well, I said pretty much every funny/ inapropriate thing I thought was funny, and she didnt crack. Then I said "pancakes", and she laughed her a** off... wierd stuff.

Oh, also people getting hurt is funny to me, well, things where they dont get serioulsy hurt, cuz thats just mean.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I found that 15 year old girl getting ***** by 20 men in a jail cell day after day for 30 days funny. But the mods didn't so they gave me a 3 point (argued it down to a 2 point) infraction and they closed the thread cause of me. Good**** huh?
dont bring your spam in here >={ and thats a thought you keep to yourself.

not_that_good

Smash Cadet
a few weeks ago i saw this old lady's dress thing get caught in an escalator. while she was trying to get it out she dropped her purse which landed on the down escalator. she eventually got out of the escalator, got her purse and left the store. i was laughing so hard that one of the clerks had to shut me up lol. people were like "wtf's wrong with that kid?"

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Bad graphics in videogames.
(i.e.) Me 'n a friend were playing Tennis in Wii Sports. The ball came to him, he hit it, but the ball just sat in mid-air. Hit it again, then the ball went flying.
I'll laugh for days, maybe weeks, about stuff like that.

not_that_good

Smash Cadet
personally i think that anything that has to do with the wii is funny. some of my friends use the wii and play wario ware, one of my friends sucks a lot and whenever he loses he screams goes into the kitchen and gets a few cookies, comes back into the room, screams again...lol

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Once I was told in a German forum that most people don't laugh at those silly clipshows where people hurt themselves.

Well then I'm one of the few who laughs. Except the stunt the people pull off results in serious injuries...but otherwise, gotta love it. I don't laugh when they do it on purpose though. What I most enjoy about these shows are those with kids and the ones with animals, they are exceptionally funny since they surely WON'T do it on purpose!

Jammer

Smash Lord
Ich wuesste ein dummer Witz. Aber alleinig Crystallion verstehen.

Dieses Post! Ah!

Ich bin sehr putzig. Auch, spreche ich Deutsch schrecklich. Es tut mir leid.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Aww, that's so cute, Jammer xD I actually think your German is pretty cute. I hope you don't take that the wrong way, I just had to say it.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Crap. You were supposed to think it was funny, not "cute". Or, at least putzig, if my knowledge of what "putzig" means is accurate.

That way, there would be something you would think is funny, but no one else would, because they wouldn't even understand it. It seems I have failed in my quest for thread-level irony.

But it seems, ich habe verkracht.
J'ai échoué.
Ho fallito.
He fracasado.
I have failed.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
We did it for fun.

I think I understood your question. Did you say: "Why do you suddenly talk in an other language?

smashbot226

Smash Master
I LMAO'd at Freddy vs. Jason. Me and my friend just made remarks about how stupid some of the characters sound.

I am probably the meanest S.O.B. here. I like dead baby jokes, racist jokes, gay jokes, you name it. I think that if you can't laugh at yourself, you need to get a sense of humor.

I am Jewish, and I make Jew jokes all the time.

Elysium

Smash Lord
I find it extremly funny when someone passes gas and blames it on another person....and gets away with it. It's even funnier when a guy does it and blames a girl.....and gets away with it.

Blackadder

Smash Master
In general, **** is seriously unfunny. But when a bunch of people (including myself) fall for a fictional story like that and start throwing hate at Brazilians and fictional prison guards, it makes me chuckle, in a cynical way, that made-up stories can provoke such strong emotions and even prompt people to say they want to kill other people.
I found it funny that it was fictional. I love dark humour. **** and murder can be funny when fictional and displayed in a "Teh lulz" way. Buuuuut:

That's rather over stepping the mark.
I'm pretty hard pressed to get even midly annoyed at someone, but you sir, are a complete jerk. :)

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I didn't really find that video of yours too funny, ArtieBoy. I can see why some people might think it is, though.

Well, when I'm watching TV with my family, it becomes very obvious that we have different senses of humor. I tend to have a more...mature sense of humor. As in things that when my mother sees, she goes "Hmph," I find funny. I'm no where near as perverted as most kids my age, but it still sometimes leads to embarrassment when I chuckle at something that the rest of my family finds "uncouth".

I think the thing I found the most funny, like ever, was the part in Bruce Almighty where Bruce makes the male anchor make stupid noises:

Blubububughghahahsihghghd. Plumdsid. Blububububububuseteteblblblbl.

My stomach hurt so much laughing at that, even though it's not very "sophisticated" humor. Well, they did do a good job showing how he was embarrassed and couldn't stop himself, and how he kept trying to clear his throat every time he started speaking in a high, squeaky voice. Just the fact that what he was doing was being broadcast to a million people made it super funny to me.

Lol yeah that part made me laugh so hard the first few times I saw the movie like die laughing lmao

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Lol yeah that part made me laugh so hard the first few times I saw the movie like die laughing lmao
Me too, that part was hilarious, heck, the whole movie was. xD

We went to our local cinema to watch that particular movie, and even after several weeks the seats were still for the major part taken. During the scene Jammer mentioned, the woman in front of my seat started cracking up really bad. It was a mixture between giggling and insane laughter. I couldn't breathe of laughter because the scene alone was funny enough, but that woman killed me.

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
When I first started playing Melee....and my bro was using sheik...he would use that chain thingy at random times and I would just start cracking up I dont know why, he would always look at me so funny lol

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
Me too, that part was hilarious, heck, the whole movie was. xD

We went to our local cinema to watch that particular movie, and even after several weeks the seats were still for the major part taken. During the scene Jammer mentioned, the woman in front of my seat started cracking up really bad. It was a mixture between giggling and insane laughter. I couldn't breathe of laughter because the scene alone was funny enough, but that woman killed me.

Lol...I remember watching it at home once that part came on its like wow..I cant remember the last time I laugh so hard at something so dumb like that

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I don't think there's anything out there that not only one person finds funny, we all have a sense of humor.

...maybe somebody finds thread bumps funny, I dunno.

Grunt

Smash Master
I do recall laughing at the guy picking up his arm and the people taking the ammo off the dying people.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Has anybody ever seen the movie Hannibal Rising? I was watching it at my friend's house, and I remember laughing almost every time Lector killed someone/ate somebody's flesh. It wasn't a bad flick by any means, I just found it strangely funny....

Now that I think about it....sometimes I think violence is funny. Like exploding heads and ****.

Top Bottom