• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zodiac Braves a NJ/NY Crew *OMG what is that? it's a tree*

Zucco

Smash Master
I don't really like Anime fighters, but there are a few that really stand out.

Bleach [Hate this show] has Dark Souls (Amazing fighter)

DBZ [I've never seen/read anything past the Frieza Arc] has Budokai 3 (Amazing)

Naruto [I only watched up to Sasuke Retrieval, but I do read it :)] only had GNT!4, but the new one is just so much better.

Brawl sucks.
Dark souls is really good, I have the japanese version though. Not sure if thats compatible with the American release. We playing if it is though!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I seem to be the only one that likes Brawl/thinks it's a good game anymore...

I don't mind the lack of visual thrill behind the game because I have a very strong (perhaps abnormally strong) appreciation for the mental power put behind each move. Watching top level Brawl is like watching two people fight with their brains, lol. It's not action-packed and exciting to watch, but I enjoy it greatly.

There are a small number of things in the game that are straight ********, but nothing is gamebreaking (imo), and a big one of them can be removed via simple hacking. (Automatic powershielding is the stupidest piece of luck-based crap in this game, though)

*shrug* I kinda wish the community enjoyed the game they were playing as well as the people playing it.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Other fighters require just as much thought, it's just that on top of being visually pleasing these games also have more options, like Guilty Gear.

As much as I hate this game I play it because the people are really fun to be around. I'd have probably saved all my tourney money and tried out for the Blazblue community.

Max Ketchum

Other fighters do require thought, obviously. In Brawl, though, due to the lack of true combos, every hit you score is the result of a read. In Melee, for example, one proper read can lead to a ****ton of damage from guaranteed stuff. Excluding chaingrabs, Brawl doesn't have this. You get one or maybe two hits per read. For example, calling an air dodge from the ledge in Brawl can result in resetting the edgeguard. In Melee, calling their roll or spot dodge can lead to a 30% combo from a grab.

It's undeniable that you need to think and read the opponent in other games, but with the absence of true combos, I think Brawl is the most demanding mentally rather than technically (which I prefer).

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Other fighters do require thought, obviously. In Brawl, though, due to the lack of true combos, every hit you score is the result of a read. In Melee, for example, one proper read can lead to a ****ton of damage from guaranteed stuff. Excluding chaingrabs, Brawl doesn't have this. You get one or maybe two hits per read. For example, calling an air dodge from the ledge in Brawl can result in resetting the edgeguard. In Melee, calling their roll or spot dodge can lead to a 30% combo from a grab.

It's undeniable that you need to think and read the opponent in other games, but with the absence of true combos, I think Brawl is the most demanding mentally rather than technically (which I prefer).
All true. Both are great.

EC to Juice to ZB? Wyatt is a s1ut. Wonder where he'll be in a few months.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Lack of guaranteed damage means you have to win more exchanges per match. A lot more exchanges. Meaning, you have to outsmart your opponent more often in a Brawl match than other games. This grants a great sense of accomplishment, but is undeniably very tedious.

Max Ketchum

I don't mind the tediousness, really. I find the tensity to be equally exciting to watching flashy combos, and I feel more accomplished reading someone's mind/outsmarting them than I do knowing I can do cool tricks with my fingers.

To each his own.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I think the most thought needed for a fighter is tekken. Not only do you have to know what works for your moves, but you have to know every other character's moveset so that you can predict when a low or a high will hit, and you have to know what moves offer a frame-advantage and which do not.

buuuut like mr doom said, to each his own.

speaking of doom, nice ike. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EHq-sa2F0w

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I find Brawl extremely fun Max

I am also able to to score lots of consecutive hits through multiple aggressive reads, which I find more satisfying than a combo my opponent can't escape.

Zucco, hop off Wyatt's nuts. :D

Zucco

Smash Master
I'm not on his nuts, I just like messing with him. I dont think I've ever meat ridden anybody honestly.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Update:

ZB home page is finished with information about crew.

Official ZB logo is now active on front page.

Hope you all like it =D.

Also, If anyone wants Logo's for their crews, please ask. HOWEVER, (and a big one to that) Since these logo's I am making are going to be properly vectored/imaged, I will charge a flat fee of 20$ for the making. It seems much, but for a logo it really isn't. My normal rates for working on a logo is 20$ an hour, so a flat rate of 20$ isn't much at all. You can also try to trade something for a logo. It could be a working controller or something, I don't personally mind. It just needs somewhat of a value. I might bump the price down a bit, like to 10$, but I have to think about that. Merry Christmas to all =D

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I don't really like Anime fighters, but there are a few that really stand out.

Bleach [Hate this show] has Dark Souls (Amazing fighter)

DBZ [I've never seen/read anything past the Frieza Arc] has Budokai 3 (Amazing)

Naruto [I only watched up to Sasuke Retrieval, but I do read it :)] only had GNT!4, but the new one is just so much better.

Brawl sucks.
You hate Bleach? wtf man. Also I haven't played Dark Souls. Thinking of getting it now.

DBZ contained 20 minutes of the show charging up and kept you in suspense. Writers were geniuses.

Also, I have the Naruto game and it's mad fun. Who do you use?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Also pierce's place on the weekend is a no go so I wont see you guys until next year (actually oddly enough I may go to shippo's to practice Neji and Kisame). Sorry y'all.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Its been like 3 weeks. I'm going to post every single day. Pierce email my replay please.

Top Bottom