• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
1. Yes, I'm pretty sure there were a few pictures around with her in the dsmash animation.
2. I assume you're referring to up-B. If so, than we see in the direct that she's not in the helpless animation after using it on Marth. I don't know about aerial up-B though.
3. I think that Sakurai would probably change the dsmash so that it doesn't chain like it did in Brawl, but we can't know for sure. It certainly would be cool if such a combo existed.
Zzz gosh i edited that like 3 times but that's what I suppose I get for rushing a post let me fix that xD.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Dsmash in brawl was fine. Its just the first hit had soo much hitstun. If sakurai shortened it a bit, and double dsmashing doesnt chain, i.e. no or even less hitstun on second hit, it could be balanced a bit more.
In brawl triple dsmashing was basically the limit in dsmash spam.
Perhaps in smash 4 twice will be the limit.

Thor

Smash Champion
So...if game keeps the same timing as the demo, double dsmash works, or you can dsmash to X, like an ftilt or jab as Zero did versus Hbox.

I like it.

Anyone else notice her grab also seems to have way less endlag?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
So...if game keeps the same timing as the demo, double dsmash works, or you can dsmash to X, like an ftilt or jab as Zero did versus Hbox.

I like it.

Anyone else notice her grab also seems to have way less endlag?
Yes.

Things I noticed:

Side B has been buffed, severely.
Grab has been buffed, reasonably.
Uair has been nerfed. It's much slower, and has some bad ending lag, it seems.
Bair is still the kill move of choice.
Forward Smash looks wonderful, and full of inspiration from Snake's Ftilt, minus the ridiculous range.
Her Dash Attack <3, 'nuff said.

Down B attack grounded Hbox's Kirby, but Zero didn't capitalize on it, but that's great news in itself.

Did you see Zero air camping for the time?! (Not something to be significantly happy about, but her movement!)

Overall, I'm very pleased with where she stands, and where she can potentially stand come time for tournaments and metagame growth.

Thor

Smash Champion
Sovereign said:
Side B has been buffed, severely.
Is that an endlag thing? It looked a little less laggy, but I dunno... It certainly doesn't KO any earlier (Kirby is light and the thing KOs Falco fresh at like 120% WITH momentum cancelling in Brawl - Kirby wasn't dying until above 100%...).

I'll also go back and look at uair - never noticed the extra lag when Zero was fighting...

I also don't remember seeing bair KO except once, when the whip would've done the trick too (Kirby at like 130%), so I'll also go look for that [unless by "go-to" you just meant "it's fast and still strong" in which case, yep].

Last edited:

Thor

Smash Champion
The only thing that straight-up worried me out of there was "No Smash DI." The "lag on SH lasers" is... not comforting and explains why I saw maybe one or two lasers from PPMD the whole time, as is the "lag after throwing" part [explains why I didn't see any fthrow strings from Hbox/other throw strings from other characters].

Airdodge landing lag is interesting - would need to play around with it myself (oh wait, maybe I can tonight!).

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I don't know if I like or not her new dash attack, it doesn't have follow-ups anymore, but I think I could live with it (?)
I guess I'll miss her Up tether because of the frame traps ;(

A couple thinga that I didn't see mentioned:

Dsmash, it does a lot less damage, but at least it's still possible to do double or even triple Dsmash.
She now seems to have a Zair move.

I'll still give her a try ;D

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
V115 and I were discussing her a bit while I was waiting in line to get a turn (he showed up a long time ahead of me T.T note to self do not miss skype group chats)... Anyways one thing he said he wasn't sure about which I forgot to test my self is,

Since she can zair can we still side b to the ledge?

Mrkrabs06

Smash Rookie
Probably too soon to ask, but does zair auto-cancel? And I like how up b is a kill move now. Seems like Dsmash X2 then up b would be a great combo finisher or a great combo if the enemies percent is high enough.
What are your guys thoughts on her Fsmash? Pichuthedk, you can side b to the ledge; not sure if you could zair to the ledge though.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Probably too soon to ask, but does zair auto-cancel? And I like how up b is a kill move now. Seems like Dsmash X2 then up b would be a great combo finisher or a great combo if the enemies percent is high enough.
What are your guys thoughts on her Fsmash? Pichuthedk, you can side b to the ledge; not sure if you could zair to the ledge though.
Yeah doubt we are sure about auto canceling, probably only person who would know would be Zero, however in any case the chances are if it does it could be changed by the time it comes out.

As for downsmash to up b for killing I was already saying some nonsense about that more then likely being a possibility in another thread(or this one my brain still needs to finish starting up so I can't remember atm).
*quick edit* her Fsmash makes me drool a tad, Although it looks like if you miss it or someone power shields it might be as painful as missing a grab in brawl.

Last edited:

SolemnDIvide

Smash Rookie
Well as my picture might hint this fact but I hold :4zss: in quite a high regard. I found the concept of :4samus: without the powered suit interesting as it was and believe or not turned out to be much more appealing than with it on for obvious and not so obvious reasons. Despite my disposition with Brawl as a whole I found a lot fun stun gunning and whipping people around. With her new accessories this time around she is looking even better. I can't wait to start stun gunning, whipping all over again and now jet kicking my opponents into submission. A girl's gotta have her accessories right? :p

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well as my picture might hint this fact but I hold :4zss: in quite a high regard. I found the concept of :4samus: without the powered suit interesting as it was and believe or not turned out to be much more appealing than with it on for obvious and not so obvious reasons. Despite my disposition with Brawl as a whole I found a lot fun stun gunning and whipping people around. With her new accessories this time around she is looking even better. I can't wait to start stun gunning, whipping all over again and now jet kicking my opponents into submission. A girl's gotta have her accessories right? :p
would Be cool if they implemented stuff like taunts changing specific moves like her side or down taunt swapping her up b or fsmash zzz.
but I'm gonna definitely like her double downsmash to up b in the face kill set up.

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
So is there any more info on what kind of follow-ups she can or can't get out of down smash? I guess I've been hearing that up+b works, but would it be safe to assume that things like double dsmash --> fair/bair/uair are gone?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So is there any more info on what kind of follow-ups she can or can't get out of down smash? I guess I've been hearing that up+b works, but would it be safe to assume that things like double dsmash --> fair/bair/uair are gone?
No I'm pretty sure I saw it look to be possible at higher %s unfortunately not looking like it works at lower %s.
(the random video of some tournament where a zss was facing a marth. I can't fully remember everything exactly but I remember confirming some possibilities)
aside from that maybe down smash to footstool implant to a re downsmash.... I have been saying that a bunch note to self actually test it. Assuming downsmash restun is the same as brawl where it works on people who land on the ground again .

Kamo.

Smash Apprentice
No I'm pretty sure I saw it look to be possible at higher %s unfortunately not looking like it works at lower %s.
(the random video of some tournament where a zss was facing a marth. I can't fully remember everything exactly but I remember confirming some possibilities)
aside from that maybe down smash to footstool implant to a re downsmash.... I have been saying that a bunch note to self actually test it. Assuming downsmash restun is the same as brawl where it works on people who land on the ground again .
Is this the video you're talking about? Literally just found it browsing another thread; it's definitely the best display I've seen of Zamus in Smash 4 so far.

Dsmash into aerials does look like it still works at high percents, but hopefully there are more possibilities discovered for low percent follow-ups because right now it looks pretty limited compared to Brawl. Also, I keep forgetting about her new zair, that almost looks a little too good.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Is this the video you're talking about? Literally just found it browsing another thread; it's definitely the best display I've seen of Zamus in Smash 4 so far.

Dsmash into aerials does look like it still works at high percents, but hopefully there are more possibilities discovered for low percent follow-ups because right now it looks pretty limited compared to Brawl. Also, I keep forgetting about her new zair, that almost looks a little too good.
yes that is the one although the version I saw jumped straight into the match. Down smash to dash attack or grab might providing interesting mixup potential since dash attack is higher knockback plus positions you more, while grab has longer hit stun in generally. Sigh so much testing and ideas so little "the games not even out yet." Johns

Dohz

Smash Cadet

That video was sexy. I can't believe ZSS has a z-air. It looks awesome.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I'm gonna miss her white/purple alternate costume, it would have looked great in smash 4 :crying: We got gray though, I'll probably use that one the most.

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
The white/purple was nice and will be missed but overall I'm happy with her color choices in Smash 4.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I read somewhere that ZSS was nerfed, but I can't find any concrete info on that.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Well obviously she's nerfed in some areas, buffed in others. The same is true for nearly every returning/revamped character.
I was kinda hoping for specifics, especially in regards from the E3 build to this build.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
ZSS seems to be one of the few characters with reliable KO setups off of throws. I've seen Dthrow combo into Fair, Bair, Uair, and Up-B, which all have kill power depending on the situation. Her overall speed, reach, and aerial maneuverability make her one of the hardest characters to zone out and evade, and her grab is much less laggy now. Add to that a variable recovery that includes a Down-B that seems to be invincible for most of the attack, a paralyzer shot with relatively little endlag, and Dsmash setups, and you've got one of the best overall characters in the game.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Dakpo managed to kill someone, uair-chaining them up to the ceiling and up-b-ing for an extremely early kill. Hmmmmm

I am loving how she is this game. In Brawl, something felt real off about her, she just seems perfect here.

Kesno

Smash Cadet
Can't wait to get my hands on the game to start playing some ZS Samus.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
PM side-b tho

@ NinjaLink NinjaLink in the case you tested the move more than in the vid, does it allow followups at lower percents?

Last edited:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
PM side-b tho

@ NinjaLink NinjaLink in the case you tested the move more than in the vid, does it allow followups at lower percents?
Seems Uair is free. Possibly other moves as well. I'll have to test it. I'll try tonight if I can. Doing last minute custom uploads then sleep cause I got class.

Top Bottom