• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
:4zss:Global Rules apply.:4zss:

This thread is for everything not covered by the other thread. Feel free to introduce yourself to fellow ZSS players.

WIP~

Get Low

Smash Ace
If they bring her back, they should make it so that the suit pieces aren't laying on the ground around her at the beginning of the match.

crow95

Smash Cadet
I think they definetely will bring her back. Can not imagine that they will choose a certain other hunter from Hunters or Corruption, and otherm just sucked in my opinion. So they have to keep her in order to have at least 2 Metroid character remaining.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was always disappointed that the plasma whip was not used enough in Brawl. I'd like it if you can switch between the plasma whip and the gun for two movesets. She'd make for a great MvC3 Jill.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Kuma, you should post your idea about making :zssbrawl:' whip and gun changeable with down B that you posted on the old Smash WiiU thread. ;)

I love your idea for that. I also love the idea (I kinda made up!) :grin: of :zssbrawl: getting extra jumps (like making her Brawl down B into just regular jumps). :laugh:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I was always disappointed that the plasma whip was not used enough in Brawl. I'd like it if you can switch between the plasma whip and the gun for two movesets. She'd make for a great MvC3 Jill.
This is a great idea. I thought Pit was going to do this with his blades for Brawl before it was released.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma, you should post your idea about making :zssbrawl:' whip and gun changeable with down B that you posted on the old Smash WiiU thread. ;)

I love your idea for that. I also love the idea (I kinda made up!) :grin: of :zssbrawl: getting extra jumps (like making her Brawl down B into just regular jumps). :laugh:
Found it, but it took me a bit to find it.

[COLLAPSE="Zamus concept"]
Zamus can switch between using her plasma whip or not with her Down B. The switch is relatively (meaning within Smash 4's speed) the same as Amaterasu's Weapon Switch in MvC3 so you will be able to switch in and out during combos and resets.

Without Whip
B: Paralyzer
Same as before, but now it charges on its own. When charging, there is a small meter under Zamus' profile, but disappears when it's done. This is to be more faithful to the Metroid games. Projectile also travels more before disappearing.

Side B: Arrow Kick
Samus lunges herself with a kick that can be described as something akin to a Shinespark. A high knockback move with great horizontal recovery. Very unsafe if done at point blank and blocked or if dodged. If the move whiffs, you're in a helpless state.

Up B: Flip Kick
Same as her current Down B, but more vertical recovery.

Changed Normals:
DTilt: Now a command slide. Goes under certain projectiles and is safest when done from max distance.
FSmash: Cartwheel Kick, causes a ground bounce. Also dodges low attacks making it a nasty counter attack if you guess right.
USmash: Flip Kick, similar to Fox's, but is made up of two hits and has somewhat better range for the first attack.
NAir: Does a kick starting at her head and then spins vertically. Most powerful when her foot is at the bottom of the spin (yay physics!).

All her other normals in Brawl are now part of this moveset.

With Whip:
B: Zamus' Old Side B
Side B: Command grab where she reels the opponent in with brief stun. Enough for you to either switch weapons or to start a combo with the whip.
Up B: Same as before, more hitstun.

Normals:
AAA: Swings her whip in front of her. First hit is with the gun itself, but then she flails her whip for the rest of the attack.
FTilt: Cracks the whip in a sin wave motion.
DTilt: Zamus' Brawl DTilt
UTilt: Upward Kick that goes up her face. Decent launcher.

FSmash: Same Zamus' Brawl FSmash.
USmash: Shoots her whip at a 60 degree angle upward. Primarily as an anti-air or combo filler.
Dmash: Cracks the whip downward. If the move hits an aerial opponent, vertical knockback. If it hits a grounded opponent, it causes tripping/knockdown.

NAir: Same as Brawl Zamus' NAir
FAir: Throws the whip down on the opponent, easily one of the better spike moves.
UAir: Zamus' current USmash
Dair: Swings the whip below her kind of like Marth's Dair
BAir: Swings the whips behind her twice. Second hit brings them in.

Final Smash (Gun): Shoots her gun first and if it lands, she attacks with a flurry of kicks, launches them, and then gives them a final kick that sends them downward. Best used when near the edge of stage.

Final Smash (Whip): Waves her whip in all directions, once hit, the opponent will be hit by all remaining whips until she ends with what's currently one her taunts (the sexy one) and finishes with high knockback.

Grabs are the same for both weapons. She doesn't have a tether grab anymore so while her range was nerfed here, the whole animation is ten times faster making it safer on whiff. One thing to note is that FThrow will always have her whip out following it. [/COLLAPSE]

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Don't forget that Sakurai does not intend for this game to be competitive, so combos may not be as prevalent as we would like them to be. In addition, Namco Bandai is the team working on this new project, so my expectations aren't too high. :-| Still, those are some really cool ideas for ZSS. IMO though, I think her grab should depend on what state she's in. W/out the whip, she has a normal 6 frame short-ranged grab. W/ the whip, she has the slow, but far-reaching, grab. Along this line of thinking, I think it would be cool if ZSS gained a tether recovery with her whip out. The command could be the same as Samus's, Lucas's, and the Links' tether recoveries (zair). It could also attack like a standard zair. This way, neutral B (her old sideB) doesn't have to grab the ledge if ZSS is close to it, which is important if she wants to attack an enemy with the move without tethering.

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
If they bring her back, they should make it so that the suit pieces aren't laying on the ground around her at the beginning of the match.
This; the suit pieces lying around was just bizarre and took away from her unique playstyle.

In addition, give her an alternate Final Smash that doesn't force her to turn back to normal Samus.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
This; the suit pieces lying around was just bizarre and took away from her unique playstyle.

In addition, give her an alternate Final Smash that doesn't force her to turn back to normal Samus.
I agree, give Samus Hypermode and make Zamus better. They whip to gun switch seems like good idea. The paralyzer was just god awful, while i charged it, it shot five feet, and even if it hit someone, it did so little damage that a most, it was minor inconvenience.
I like the Zero Mission style charging, but i disagree with the whip moveset, keep the side B, but change the regular B to a spin with the whip similar to Zelda's crystal spin thing. it wouldn't reflect projectiles, but it could knock them back with little damage, a great way to get someone away or to clear some space.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
She's gonna have the thumbs down taunt, isn't she?

God dammit.

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
Here's hoping that nothing from Other M affects Zamus. The high heels, voice and thumbs down are all so awful. Keep the Zero Mission design, and have Jennifer Hale voice her.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You mean she wasnt the Mary Sue you had in mind? I liked Other M Samus.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
You mean she wasnt the Mary Sue you had in mind?
People didn't like OM Samus because she was poorly written. The baby thing gets exaggerated, but there are some legitimate problems with the way O:M Samus is portrayed, most notably with her relationship with Adam(which only makes sense if you view it as an abusive one) and the Ridley thing.

The gameplay is amazing though.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Tbh, Other M to Metroid is kinda like Majora's Mask to LoZ, just.....worse, maybe. Both arguably actually had good gamplay, but there were certain aspects that caused a great division among fans. This division is probably greater for Metroid: OM than for LoZ: MM, seeing as how MM still has incredibly good ratings as a game. Hmmm, maybe I should have used Link's Adventure as a better example but that game truly wasn't a LoZ game at all.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
People didn't like OM Samus because she was poorly written. The baby thing gets exaggerated, but there are some legitimate problems with the way O:M Samus is portrayed, most notably with her relationship with Adam(which only makes sense if you view it as an abusive one) and the Ridley thing.

The gameplay is amazing though.
I didn't have any problems with it. Save for the hell run sequence, nothing really struck me as odd. You have to look at the psychological aspect in the relationships to understand what was going on.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I didn't have any problems with it. Save for the hell run sequence, nothing really struck me as odd. You have to look at the psychological aspect in the relationships to understand what was going on.
Read this.

I don't usually like using other people's work to justify my own opinions, but in this case that article explains my point better than I ever could.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Read this.

I don't usually like using other people's work to justify my own opinions, but in this case that article explains my point better than I ever could.
Read it before and it didn't change my opinion.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
/argument.

I don't want this to turn into one of those fights with SmashChu, where both sides just repeat the same arguments over and over.
We'll agree to disagree because I'd hate to get into another one of those types of arguments with another person.

So yeah, what to do about her playstyle?

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
You mean she wasnt the Mary Sue you had in mind? I liked Other M Samus.
It's not like she can't still be a good character, Sakamoto just can't write worth a damn and wanted her to be an ideal Japanese woman. In Other M she was an overly submissive battered housewife with Daddy issues, motherly feelings to an alien parasite (that she promptly gave to scientists to experiment on) and a disturbing desire to please Adam. Although having her being a "Mary Sue" would be preferable to what we got.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
She was a pretty good character over all, but her lack of killing smashes was a problem. I could only KO with the plasma whip special and the airborne kicks, namely, all aerials except down air.
The down smash did offer a combo for damage, but none of the ground smashes were good for killing, so it was just that, damage. The paralyzer had a good concept but terrible in effect. In Zero Mission in charged as you ran, so it was hard to sit and charge.
I was also never really sure what the down special was. It was a cool jump, and it was a help getting up a tight tunnel that needed a lot of wall jumps, but otherwise, it wasn't practical.

That is my opinion.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I thought Other M was a great GAME. The narrative was underwhelming, but because I like to play a game cuz it's a good game, I still play Other M.

Not sure how ZSS will be like in Smash 4 but she'll definitely return IMO.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Give her a better dair (maybe like a whip meteor smash or something) and a better grab. And a better short hop.
I agree with the grapple, if you can send the whip thirty feet over your head to grap a ledge I am pretty sure you can send it more than three feet to grab someone. She should actually have one of the longest tether grabs of all the characters. I just want better smashes, a better grab range, and some better specials, specifically, improve the patalyzer and change the down special.

:phone:

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I also have been thinking of a way to make her a stand alone character without having all that armor fall off to make a cheap weapon. in Other M, when they start the training, and her armor just reforms around her, that would be that entrance. Samus would appear, and then her armor would go in reverse and disappear starting with her chest and head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiHypuPWUg0&feature=player_detailpage#t=294s

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Lol, her grab range is fine and her suitpieces are not cheap. I want a less laggy grab...maybe about as laggy as Yoshi's or Olimar's.

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
I also have been thinking of a way to make her a stand alone character without having all that armor fall off to make a cheap weapon. in Other M, when they start the training, and her armor just reforms around her, that would be that entrance. Samus would appear, and then her armor would go in reverse and disappear starting with her chest and head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiHypuPWUg0&feature=player_detailpage#t=294s
This gives rise to the problem of Samus' proportions. They don't make sense. The suit's shoulders are ridiculously wide, so you can't just animated the suit fading to reveal the zero suit without weird editing, which Smash Bros. can't do.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
You have to look at the psychological aspect in the relationships to understand what was going on.
I'm not disputing this, but it can't be argued that Other M was quite controversial in portraying Samus as something other than the emotionless character that she's often painted as in other Metroid games. This doesn't make sense, since Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Prime (the 'newer' games where she displays her seeming lack of feelings) are the first games in the Metroid timeline and Other M is second to last. When did her personality suddenly change so drastically?

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I'm not disputing this, but it can't be argued that Other M was quite controversial in portraying Samus as something other than the emotionless character that she's often painted as in other Metroid games. This doesn't make sense, since Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Prime (the 'newer' games where she displays her seeming lack of feelings) are the first games in the Metroid timeline and Other M is second to last. When did her personality suddenly change so drastically?
When she took in a giant life-sucking floating jellyfish, and then she called it her Baby. Because the ENTIRE game she was like, "Oh the Baby. I can't stop thinking about the Baby", it was really annoying.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
She mentioned it a few times in a row during one of the first cutscenes and that was pretty much it, and Samus was never necessarily emotionless. Even in some of the games before "the baby", she showed feelings like remorse, subtle as it was.

Whelp, let's not have every Metroid character thread be infected with Other M discussions that never end well.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Samus should be more powerful in her suit. Of course, this has more to do with fixing Samus.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I wish they would make it easier to pick Zero Suit Samus, for example how you choose between the three Pokemon

DoubleAgentXies616

Smash Rookie
Bigger bust size.
Lol, there's already some people who claim she was only fan service to begin with...

I know that's not what you were saying, but I disagree with that idea; she's a great character. One of my mains, and if I could just improve my suit-piece-playstyle, I may be able to terrify whoever doesn't use a reflector!
Some say that if her suit pieces didn't disappear, she'd be a top tier. Some say she's a top tier for the time she has control of the 3 pieces, I do agree. (if that makes sense to you as it does to me!)

So, even without game items, competitive playing involving char items is great, who says all playstiles have to be the same?

I bet they're gonna throw something more we weren't expectng into Smash4.
I mean, i wasn't expecting flying characters in Brawl! (not only multiple jump chars), I wasn't expecting a recovery to be with a rope attaching to the edge of the stage! etc. etc.

And the reception towards ZSS was so GOOD, that she HAS to return! Nobody would be happy if they left her out!
Besides, she's already one of the hottest chars in videogame history, why do we need Dead Or Alive voleyball players in smash when we have Samus?

DoubleAgentXies616

Smash Rookie
I wish they would make it easier to pick Zero Suit Samus, for example how you choose between the three Pokemon
I actually think the way of choosing ZSS is easier than picking between the 3 pokemon, or Zelda/Sheik.
Well, at least it's easier for me because when I get together to play with my friends, there's always the one who immediatly presses start when everyone has "selected" their char. I gotta change to Sheik during the fight to use her, because sometimes your buddies don't give you time!
LOL

volbound1700

Smash Master
That is a good point. However, I cannot pick AI Zamus under the current system. To be honest, I wish she could just be her own character. I know people who hate getting the Smash and changing to the other character.

Top Bottom