• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

KatKit

Smash Lord
Those blasters though.

She has some really interesting custom specials overall; seems even more like a new character than before.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So I donno why but I don't really think this has been discussed that much at all but her down b flip jump footstool is actually pretty legit as an option when people are recovering back to the ledge or onstage.
since they are in the air instead of being implanted in the ground when you land the footstool they are meteor smashed downwards. I have even timed this so that I got people as soon as their ledge invincibility wore off its actually so dumb along with the fact that you can alter the spot she lands at by inputting backwards when she starts the flip jump.
Although only 2 main things have happened I assume a 3rd thing could happen from this and the 3 are.
1. They get spiked (due to them not trying to retaliate) and you laugh whether they live or die.
2. They retaliate and you just do a normal footstool not spiking them.
And 3. They hit you and you hit them so they get spiked anyways.
Well I guess I lied and there is a 4th. they hit you away without getting hit themselves however i've not had this happen to me yet.

Last edited:

g00dapollo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Barayas
3DS FC
0061-0892-6923
A little surprised there isn't a moved thread, or a match-up thread.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord

DarksydeDash

Smash Rookie
So I know the game has been out for a very short time but what advice can you guys give on how to play her.. "better?"

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
sadly the little mac match up is actually stupid easy at mid-low level I suppose something i noticed was that if you back throw him off the ledge at certain %s you can almost guarantee getting down special footstool off him while hes using his side special to get back to the ledge.
Lasers are your best friend sometimes.
also back throw to Fair is nice.
@ Ragnorok_Kitty Ragnorok_Kitty
That signature of yours with Samus reminds me of the sonic the hedgehog comic where Robotnik/Eggman had a room full of diffrent avatar suits xD. Different suit for Errrry day ;p.

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I checked out this new roll canceled grab... thing. As far as I can tell, Zero Suit does get something like a half a body length extension on her grab if you use it. Not sure if that'll be a big deal all the time, but I figured I'd share some preliminary results!

It also seems that you can delay the A+Shield input, which extends the grab further. In our case, that seems to be a body length and a half if you do it that way. Pretty intense!

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I checked out this new roll canceled grab... thing. As far as I can tell, Zero Suit does get something like a half a body length extension on her grab if you use it. Not sure if that'll be a big deal all the time, but I figured I'd share some preliminary results!

It also seems that you can delay the A+Shield input, which extends the grab further. In our case, that seems to be a body length and a half if you do it that way. Pretty intense!
Yes it is i've been using it in for glory on some kids and aside from the input error/delay johns where i just accidentally roll its a nice way to close the distance for those times when say you get a max range charged laser shot and you didn't start running towards them (probably because they were randomly shielding then let go before it hit them or something?)

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Yes it is i've been using it in for glory on some kids and aside from the input error/delay johns where i just accidentally roll its a nice way to close the distance for those times when say you get a max range charged laser shot and you didn't start running towards them (probably because they were randomly shielding then let go before it hit them or something?)
I'm kinda curious about charged neutral B --> grab (or roll-cancelled grab, if needed). If the shot hits, they get stunned and the grab will succeed. But I'm curious about it hitting the shield. Is that enough shield stun to make the grab unavoidable? I've been abusing it in For Glory, but I'm still not sure if it's a true combo on shield or not.

If it is... neutral B --> grab --> fthrow/backthrow, down B, for kills, possibly?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I'm kinda curious about charged neutral B --> grab (or roll-cancelled grab, if needed). If the shot hits, they get stunned and the grab will succeed. But I'm curious about it hitting the shield. Is that enough shield stun to make the grab unavoidable? I've been abusing it in For Glory, but I'm still not sure if it's a true combo on shield or not.

If it is... neutral B --> grab --> fthrow/backthrow, down B, for kills, possibly?
This depends on whether its a max ranged laser /max charged laser distance is certainly an issue but distance can negligible with dash cancel grabs.
Another thing to note on this subject I guess IIRC people are still vulnerable on like the first frames of a roll so dash cancel grabs might be the answer we need for this

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
This depends on whether its a max ranged laser /max charged laser distance is certainly an issue but distance can negligible with dash cancel grabs.
Another thing to note on this subject I guess IIRC people are still vulnerable on like the first frames of a roll so dash cancel grabs might be the answer we need for this
Yeah. I did the frame analysis for this on Brawl, and it turned out it was only a perfect combo if it was spaced exactly at max distance with perfect grab execution. And even then, you had 2 frames of room to work with, or something dumb like that.

I wonder if there's a speed difference between dash grabs and roll-cancelled grabs. I suppose it would be the number of dash frames before you can cancel into a grab versus the number of roll frames before you can grab? Something like that. They feel relatively similar, but it'd be cool to check out.

And you're right, you are vulnerable for the roll-cancelled grab. The first few frames of the roll is vulnerable and the vulnerable frames are the only cancellable frames.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Mhm I knew that the roll cancel grabs were not invulnerable because you don't flash white or anything glad I actually am able to remember things like rolls not being op zzz lol.
maybe roll cancel grabs are as fast as your f-roll or something zss's froll is fast while broll is kinda el oh el although that seems like an accurate speed someone holding a gun can do a backwards somersault ? Another application i guess could be a dash cancel grab to someone getting on the stage near the edge /camping at the edge So that when we do have them in our grasps we can pummel them so they get released off stage might be useful for people like little mac and such.

Last edited:

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I'm sticking with the White ZSS. I haven't seen anyone else use it. Lack of Red ZSS makes me sad though... not a super big fan of pink :(

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I'm sticking with the White ZSS. I haven't seen anyone else use it. Lack of Red ZSS makes me sad though... not a super big fan of pink :(
That's the suit I'm using it's weird it looks white but it sort of looks like a hue of blue in game.
careful the church of the V115 would call you blasphemous for not loving the Pink suit xD.
Ugh now I am off to compile the notes we discussed for the matchup thread.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I prefer White Suit (they cut off the Purple one :c )
Short suits are ok, too.

Top Bottom