• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I only switch to shorts after playing in the white suit for a while gotta cool down once in a while ;p.

Zero Suit Senpai

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5000-4318-0259
Wait this character is so bonkers. She has so many gnarly KO moves. I didn't see what all the hubbub was about but now I understand.

Also does her dash attack have more than one hit? Sometimes I swear I shield it and still get hit, but maybe I'm insane.

Oh, and on the off-chance that he sees this I just fought many many matches with an excellent orange shorts Samus player by the name of Matthew. I was the Rosalina named Kanji. Great games!!!

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Wait this character is so bonkers. She has so many gnarly KO moves. I didn't see what all the hubbub was about but now I understand.

Also does her dash attack have more than one hit? Sometimes I swear I shield it and still get hit, but maybe I'm insane.

Oh, and on the off-chance that he sees this I just fought many many matches with an excellent orange shorts Samus player by the name of Matthew. I was the Rosalina named Kanji. Great games!!!

well yeah. Dash attack has more then one hit box or its just a constant hit box where the sweet spot is right when she starts the dash.
also guys I have a tournament today but ill start the MU thread when I get home

Last edited:

Stun✓

Hikikomori
Looking to share my FC with some ZSS mains so I can learn a few things.

Send me a message :)

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
is anyone well versed in the dk MU I have a replay I want to upload and get some feedback there is one moment in particular that I feel as if I cheated myself out of the set for cowardice,

So if there is someone who understands the down b mechanics as well that would be great I will most likely start the MU thread now and I think greeninja was the chosen MU.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
depends but down smash to fox trotted up b generally gets people even had it get people after they are launched by the stun right into the last kick.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I've been reading these threads for a while and I have a question. Which aerials auto cancel because i've been watching alot of tournements and i can not tell which aerials do

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Thanks for the info.
no problem I was replying via my phone so typing was kinda annoying anyways good things to do with up air is fast fall immediately when you hit them or even if your just out of reach from them so when you hit the ground you can be ready to do whatever is needed.
Fast falling nairs are safe when you space it and when you are challenging a dk full wind zzz...

David Viran

Smash Lord
Also, how's the bair because I saw choco using it more than any other person that I have seen.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Nothing wrong with Bair other than how small the hitbox is. This makes it stupidly difficult to land on a moving target without much practice on the world's most imprecise joystick ever, the Circle Pad.

That's why you don't see more people using it.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Nothing wrong with Bair other than how small the hitbox is. This makes it stupidly difficult to land on a moving target without much practice on the world's most imprecise joystick ever, the Circle Pad.

That's why you don't see more people using it.
So it should be used a bit more on the Wii U. So anything else like is it safe on shield if spaced properly?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So it should be used a bit more on the Wii U. So anything else like is it safe on shield if spaced properly?
Nair pretty much , Zair i guess depending on who it is and it almost always has to be a max range one, Retreating ones are a plus to i guess.

I bair a lot as well probably not as much as him because I'm worried about the spacing required , However I kinda like the way she swings it gotten some really nice ones because they are ready for it especially if to do dash pivot aerials.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Also, how's the bair because I saw choco using it more than any other person that I have seen.
Choco is also kind of infamous for having a particular obsession with Bair since his Brawl days.

Objectively Nair appears to be THE strongest wall option, with Bair as a secondary option. Brawl's frame data kind of indicated the opposite should be done, but was also juxtaposed against having to save Bair for killing, which skewed practical usages.

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
ZSS's Down-B is ridiculous. I love it so much.

There's nothing more satisfying than spiking someone off the stage with it. I have done this multiple times on for glory. Also, her side-b makes a better recovery than her up-B. The range on it is almost OP. I have lived through certain death with it. ZSS will absolutely be top tier. There's no arguing this. She's way too strong.

D

Deleted member

ZSS's Down-B is ridiculous. I love it so much.

There's nothing more satisfying than spiking someone off the stage with it. I have done this multiple times on for glory. Also, her side-b makes a better recovery than her up-B. The range on it is almost OP. I have lived through certain death with it. ZSS will absolutely be top tier. There's no arguing this. She's way too strong.
Huh, most of the time I get opponents with a down B they've always survived the spike. I guess its not plausible even at 90%?

Also, anyone have any advice on MUs with ranged characters (i.e. Robin, Link, etc.)? While I can manage it's a little problematic dealing with a good Robin that knows the moveset well.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Huh, most of the time I get opponents with a down B they've always survived the spike. I guess its not plausible even at 90%?

Also, anyone have any advice on MUs with ranged characters (i.e. Robin, Link, etc.)? While I can manage it's a little problematic dealing with a good Robin that knows the moveset well.
Either way, it still is a very good kill move.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord

down b has 2 spikes one is the footstool the other is the actual kick.
also guys which character you want to start next for the MU thread?

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just started messing with this character. I played her in Brawl a lot, but I'm going back to her. I enjoy both hard hitters and evasive characters - earthbending and airbending. I think she'll be an excellent supplement to Bowser.

Any particular advice on the neutral game with her. I can see already that grab OOS is NOT the best idea with her.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Just started messing with this character. I played her in Brawl a lot, but I'm going back to her. I enjoy both hard hitters and evasive characters - earthbending and airbending. I think she'll be an excellent supplement to Bowser.

Any particular advice on the neutral game with her. I can see already that grab OOS is NOT the best idea with her.
grab OoS is probably best for laggy moves people use in the air or on the ground vs you. Her grab still has a blind spot like in brawl but its no where as bad (aka if someone like puff is literally crouched on the ground in front of you.

another thing is that basically all the multi hit jabbers that have finishers can be shield grabbed when they throw out the finisher.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Let me just say this. **** you circle pad and making Zamus face the other way with DTilts.

LawCorazon

Night Moon
NNID
Noctisluna
3DS FC
3711-8120-3309
Ok i'll try to make one tomorrow and probably make a thread for it

So i made a group for both Skype & Line. Just leave something on either thread and i'll add them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codyyy

Smash Apprentice
Anyone see that french Wii U tournament that just ended? Leon (top brawl marth) just won the tourney with ZSS!

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Hello everyone! ^_^

I've decided to pick this character up more seriously, so I'm gonna camp this sub-forum now. :)

Also, to post an actually relevant question, I've worked out the spacing of ZSS's knockback sweet spot on fsmash by myself, and I was wondering if she has similar sweet spots on any of her other moves? It'd save me a lot of effort if the community could confirm them, so I know where to practice striking my opponents efficiently without having to hunt around in training mode. Thanks!

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Hello everyone! ^_^

I've decided to pick this character up more seriously, so I'm gonna camp this sub-forum now. :)

Also, to post an actually relevant question, I've worked out the spacing of ZSS's knockback sweet spot on fsmash by myself, and I was wondering if she has similar sweet spots on any of her other moves? It'd save me a lot of effort if the community could confirm them, so I know where to practice striking my opponents efficiently without having to hunt around in training mode. Thanks!
well since you said sweet spot of f-smash I assume you mean the second hit when you light then on fire as well.
its kinda similar in a way to her zair.

the last hot box has to be hitting them as it comes out , turns zairs 3-6%

Last edited:
Top Bottom