• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zelda CCV Project - Editing Phase Started, Moving at a Very Slow Pace

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
Ohh my god...

I love you for doing this. There have been attempts made on AIB but they all failed.

So umm, I am 3x (my new tag. Kisamealex3 is like 829 years old) and I am a Zelda from New Jersey. Idk why I just typed that but, I just thought you should know...I guess.

ANYWAY, I have like a million replays of Zelda cause she's the only person I use next to Peach against troublesome short people (MK, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Pika...you know).

I checked through my replays and the ones I want to submit are questionable; I can't really tell if they're wifi or not. However, I do know a couple of them are offline.

To be honest, it seems quite pointless to have this combo video only have clips from offline when:

1) Unless the person remembers, we cannot tell.
2) We only see like...15 seconds at max of the clip. Nobody will notice nor will they care about there being a couple of wifi clips here and there.

But, that's just me being honest.

On another note, I haven't read most of the thread but if you're going to record replay files for the people who cannot, will you be recording them with the "Tags in replay" hack? That would be extremely helpful and useful when it comes to the creation of this video. I would like to have the tags of the people in my videos up.

So umm, I'll try to gather some replays by later tonight and post them.

I rarely come on SWF but, I'll try to stop by everyday to give my 2 cents on the video and whatnot.

P.S. Erza's Theme is amazing. I'll post a couple of songs I know as well.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm not done uploading all my dubs vids yet, but here's one that might have something since it's double Zelda:

KayLo! (Zelda) + Squall (Zelda) vs. TUSM (Ike) + Phillyrider (Peach) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGJobO2GTFE

Squall prob had more **** stuff than I did..... I don't think I did anything special, and I'm pretty sure he got all the kills, lol.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and ignore my fail SD. ;; I wasn't paying attention and thought I was the other Zelda, so I didn't try to recover til too late. x.x!

EDIT #2: Actually, **** it, here're the other two if you wanna look through them:

KayLo! (Zelda) + Squall (Snake) vs. Ebo (DK) + TACK (Kirby) 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqO8_LZ77_0
KayLo! (Zelda) + Squall (Snake) vs. Ebo (Snake) + TACK (Kirby) 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7duZ01umAA

There's a third to this "set" where Ebo ragequits at the end, lol, but it's not uploaded yet.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Thanks for thevideos KayLo!

To be honest, it seems quite pointless to have this combo video only have clips from offline when:

1) Unless the person remembers, we cannot tell.
2) We only see like...15 seconds at max of the clip. Nobody will notice nor will they care about there being a couple of wifi clips here and there.

But, that's just me being honest.
I don't lke using wifi clips for combo videos because:

1. They often present combos that the other player would have known how to avoid but couldn't because of lag. While this may allow for longer strings of hits, I still think that the main point of combo video is to show a player outplaying another, not a player outplaying the lag.
  2. They'll get the combo video instantly judged. Like it or not, a good majority of the people instantly associate the word "wifi" in a combo video to words "nOOb" and "lag". Due to this they might watch the video with a mindset that it'll suck, or just end up not watching it at all.

On another note, I haven't read most of the thread but if you're going to record replay files for the people who cannot, will you be recording them with the "Tags in replay" hack? That would be extremely helpful and useful when it comes to the creation of this video. I would like to have the tags of the people in my videos up.
I would, but I don't have a hacked wii. Thus, everything recorded by me will have the default costumes, stages and be without tags. Sucks, but there's nothing I can do about it.

---

Oh, and this has reminded me: I'd also like to have a "comedy clip" from everyone to be used in the credits. It doesn't have to be anything amazing, just a short clip you'd like to be played when your name is shown in the credits. It can be wifi or offline, doesn't really matter, but preferably not from a team match.

Diabolique

Smash Cadet
In that case I'll send in another clip via e-mail to you.

I also advertised this on AiB again, it was posted there but not many people saw it. Maybe they'll hop over here and contribute like I did.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
... but I have a team match where I spike peachkid into the last enemy and kill him with my peach projectile lol.
The comedy videos will be pretty small in size during the credits, so it can be kinda hard to understand what is going on if there're a lot of of characters on-screen. That's why it would be good if those videos were from 1-on-1 matches.

However, you could send me that clip anyway and just include a backup video to be used in case it doesn't look good.

In that case I'll send in another clip via e-mail to you.

I also advertised this on AiB again, it was posted there but not many people saw it. Maybe they'll hop over here and contribute like I did.
Thanks!

Well I kept my promise and did some matches with Zelda today, and managed to get something decent. Sending it to you asap.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
here's some vids you can use of me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdMBRTcug3Q - My SWFTT highlight reel section

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAqic6CnC9I - Zelda dittos vs (I think it's MochaMew)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20wE5eptRvw - vs MochaMew (Pika)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt_lF8hqgR4 - teams w/ ATK vs Zr0 (Marth) and SllickRick (Fox). some really good clips in this one.

Imma upload more later.

I have a clip somewhere of me sourspot dair into fair on SK92 somewhere....and I really want that in the vid. I'll be looking for it all day.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
so I played brawl for the first time in ages today, saved a nice replay on my friends wii which has a pretty cool grab combo/chase/thing...though the rest of the match is me being obnoxious and using the same moves over and over, cause I can :D

hopefully it isn't too late to send things in :x

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Thanks for all the vids guys! If you keep this up I might actually be able to start working on the editing work soon!

@Kata: ...Third time's the charm?

@Veggie: No, it's not too late. In fact, I'm actully even hoping to get more footage for the video.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Haven't counted yet. However, counting absolutely everything I'd say it's somewhere just below 30 minutes or so. However, that includes two full combo videos and some clips that will have to be eliminated for vaious reasons, so obviously I can't use even close to all of that amount. The length of the actually usable material is probably closer to 10 minutes or so, and thats without even looking at the quality of the combos yet.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Trying something new now: a deadline. The gameplay clips will be accepted only till June 19th. So you have about one and half weeks to submit your clips if you want to have your Zelda show in the video. Then I'll go through all the clips sent and start working on the editing job whenever I have enough time from my irl job. If it seems I don't have enough good-enough-quality material for a full video by then I'll cancel the project.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I wish I didn't lose my SD card reader =/ i fail oh wellz =/.

@HSS where the clips I sent you any good I don't even remember what I sent you =/.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Don't know, I've only skimmed through the videos I've received. It's really hard to try to value/judge the quality of the clips before I've got all the material.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I won't be submitting anything new. Saving those for the next couple of montages I have planned for myself and the SBHM series.

You're more than welcome to take anything you want from anything that I already have uploaded though. Up to you.

I look forward to the potential final product.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
The deadline came and the deadline went and no new clips were submitted. I'll try to go through all the things you guys sent me this week and then start editing the next if I think there's enough clips for a full length mindblowingly awesome combo video. I'll also probably steal some clips for this from your earlier videos since you gave permission for that DM.

In the meantime, feel free to vote on your favorite name or to suggest your own. Here's the list:

• shoes
  • Shiny
  • Low tier my ***
  • Sexy Poses & Sparkles
  • Approach Her Temple or Mind The Gap
  • Zelda Sucks

MrEh

Smash Hero
Everything doesn't have to have a name you know.

You can call it "The Zelda Community Exhibition Video" and that would be perfectly fine. Calling it a combo video is silly when combos don't exist.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm gonna steal MrEh's suggestion for the guide and vote for Zelda Sucks.

Dead ***.

Darkmusician

Smash Master

You can call it "The Zelda Community Exhibition Video" and that would be perfectly fine. Calling it a combo video is silly when combos don't exist.
This.

I'm not really sure which title I would pick. Not really diggin any of them.

I'll be fine with whatever the majority goes for.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Zelda Sucks is also a suitable name.

It's simple, it speaks the truth, and doesn't sound whiny like you're trying to prove something. I find it clever.

Bandit

Smash Lord

Zelda Sucks is also a suitable name.

It's simple, it speaks the truth, and doesn't sound whiny like you're trying to prove something. I find it clever.
Vote +1

:bandit:

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
How About "Dumb Blonds And Shiny Things: A Zelda Community Highlight Reel"

edit: "Dumb Blondes and Shiny Objects: A Zelda Community Highlight Reel"

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'll vote Zelda Sucks, but I think it should include Sparkles somewhere...

Top Bottom