• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4GGuRDQShw
i would like to nominate chaos control for a multitude of different reasons

1. it was the first sonic combo video.
2. the anthinus combo is still rarely used and to this day an amazingly sexy combo that few can pull off.
3. the first clip, 6 up airs is rediculous.
and most importantly
4. 40 seconds into the video.
this clip is too good for words, and i believe will never, EVER be repeated. it is the greatest thing ive ever seen sonic do in this game and i firmly believe that it will NEVER be topped in sick-rediculousness by anybody, not me, not tenki, not boxob, not 3000 or X. NOT NOBODY
my nomination

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That's not a brawl vids Camalange.
I is sorry...GTFO made me do it...

I'm actually going through different Sonic videos as we speak ;o

EDIT: I'm surprised nobody nominated any of MalcolmM's work yet. KID posted it on the same page, so I nominate this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fu3ZhkR0lA
I think it captures how Sonic should be played very well. I was deeply impressed.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wow, Tenki that was amazing... Puffball, remake the vid, or else I will :)

(if you have the raw vid of your match you could send that to me and I'll do it, if ya want)

:093:
Do it for me, I don't have the tools at the moment to do it myself.

Archive Updated, I've added the OS and Malcom matches, as well as Infzy's recording of that weird SDR and Side-B/Down-B. I'm also going to upload the invincibility video for upsmash right now.

Lots of new Snake videos.

I'm currently in the process of getting WiFi videos last weekend onto my computer. Unfortunately, they won't have sound, but that's something I hope you guys can tolerate.

gf2tw said:
Post links to the top 10 vid nominations.
After Friday, I'll link them to their respective spots. At the moment, it's just an informative list.

I'll probably do the judgment and voting stage in another thread as to not clog with one with too much steak.
Anyways, let's keep these videos coming!!

Edit: Updated.

:jigglypuf:jigglypuf:jigglypuf

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I was looking for this vid: -Sonic Orochi (Sonic) vs. CPU Lv. 9 (Donkey Kong)
It's not in the cinemas. That's what I mean with make the names links to the actual vid so you don't have to search. Easy job done quickly :D

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
hmm...those were pretty cool matches, Malcolm. just a question, why do you guys DI down so much? either way, i learned somethings. try to stay away from those aerials...
did you or anyone else notice that the sword just "reflected" off of sonic? what was that?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've added the EXTREMELY OLD Lv 9 DK vs. Sonic video by SonicOrochi, as well as several videos I seem to have missed during my update.

darkNES vs. Puffball WiFi 1&2, as well as darkNES' "How Fast is Sonic in Brawl?" video have been added to the archive.

My videos are still being uploaded and converted to my computer, and once they're done, I'll add them as well.

As said before gf2tw, I'm going to make another thread for the voting. At that time, links to the nominees will be added.

Remember everyone, the nomination process ends this Friday!!

That's about when the thread will be opened to voting.

Oh, and I know what Steak is, what it encompasses, and how awesome it can be...but.

We need someone to be able to universally define the term, 'Winning Steak'.
At that point, we'll be able to identify why the nominees 'Win' such 'Steak', and thus, the voting can begin.

To my knowledge, a Winning Steak is an action with the character Sonic from Brawl, that is so immensely eyecatching that it puts whoever watches it into a submission of joyful tears [or indescribable laughter in some cases] of a certain magnitude depending on exactly what action was taken, as well as the opponent's failure to stop the development of said Winning Steak from taking place.

In short, a Winning Steak is an Epic Manuever that defines 'Win'. And since Steak itself is 'Win', the term emphasizes exactly how much Win was in the maneuver. In this case, Win^2, or, Winning Win (Win in the process of Winning).

I'd love to hear anyone else's personal opinions on what defines Winning Steak, so we, as a community, can come to an accurate conclusion.

Oh, and keep the vids coming :D

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Winning Steak (noun) : A winning steak is the accomplishment of pulling off something incredibly epic, with the character Sonic the Hedgehog in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This could be in the form of mindgaming your opponent for the win, or simply two Sonic's repeatedly HA'ing until they both Star KO themselves. The reason why the steak is winning, however, is basically because the opponent's actions to prevent the steak resulted in failure, thus the steak is winning.

Winning Steak (verb) : The action of winning steak. If someone is playing the game Super Smash Bros. Brawl and using the character Sonic, they have the oppurtunity to "win steak". The moment the Sonic pulls of something incredibly epic, he has won steak. The opponent has failed to prevent this act of epicness, so the Sonic won. He won steak.

Basically, Steak is like a Sonic-Exclusive win, as you put it Puffy. It's like Winning Win. But only Sonic can.
The verb and noun form are very similar.

Steak.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Winning Steak (noun) : A winning steak is the accomplishment of pulling off something incredibly epic, with the character Sonic the Hedgehog in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This could be in the form of mindgaming your opponent for the win, or simply two Sonic's repeatedly HA'ing until they both Star KO themselves. The reason why the steak is winning, however, is basically because the opponent's actions to prevent the steak resulted in failure, thus the steak is winning.

Winning Steak (verb) : The action of winning steak. If someone is playing the game Super Smash Bros. Brawl and using the character Sonic, they have the oppurtunity to "win steak". The moment the Sonic pulls of something incredibly epic, he has won steak. The opponent has failed to prevent this act of epicness, so the Sonic won. He won steak.

Basically, Steak is like a Sonic-Exclusive win, as you put it Puffy. It's like Winning Win. But only Sonic can.
The verb and noun form are very similar.

Steak.
Sounds pretty solid, like cooked steak.

But what about Steak of the North Star by Rebaz?

I guess that video could be the ONLY exception to the "Sonic-only" rule.

But it's the ONLY EXCEPTION.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Any person that can **** that hard with Captain Falcon of all characters deserves a winning steak. He is the one and only exception right now.

Oh, and is the "Dat" in "Winning Dat Steak" really necessary? I'm not really implying you get rid of it but...I just think "Winning Steak" is suffice.

:093:

Tenki

Smash Hero
@SonicMaster5:
d.Pch was holding down to D-air too much. Malcolm was holding down to ASC too much :3

that's basically it, most of the time lol.

@Camalange:
Ally's Falcon is evil :3

heres me getting wrecked by dark.pch....hence why i think the peach matchup isnt even

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6inu08Ei-sU
Ay, Peach is a tough matchup, but you get F-aired too much lol. Spindashes aren't too good of an approach against Peach x_x

B%B

Smash Cadet
Bah, KID. I watched the MM set vs that falco.

I dunno if you felt pressured, or if you have a very static playstyle. But he made you look like a scrub of JJ. >_>

I wish I could play you.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yea, that was the first time i ever played that stage in brawl.

but im better now,

i wish i could play you as well.

the stuff we could come up with would be the stuf of legends

cus im seriously going to use the up air thing you mentioned

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm also personally testing out the uair thing too.
It's mad fast.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
SSBB - Sonic combo video - This Moment ~ http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tgWREpUaFL4

I nominate this because it was the first combo video. Living in Europe waiting for SSBB was lame, we didn't even have a rough release date and I wanted to play Sonic. Watching this was amazing at it's time, seeing Sonic do stuff with cool music. It made the wait a lot less lame. Now I just watch it for the memorabilia and the music.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Added to the vids and to the Nominations.

Guys, you only have one more day to nominate, and to those who only nominated once or twice, you can nominate up to THREE videos, so make them count.

Nominations will be taken until 11:59 PM Central.

Then I'll make an individual thread to show off the nominations sometime over the weekend.

Oh, and continue to send videos in. I love how Sonic dittos are STILL all WiFi.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Duhhhh

Sonic mains are really sparse ;p
True.

Although 3000 only lives 2 hours from me...
But we're both in areas that really don't travel to other people's tournaments.

Oh the tragedy!

Lucky MIGHT come to Final Smash 5, but...meh.

If 3000 comes (he won't =P), I'll ask him to a friendlies of epic proportion.

SONICS!!! COME TO FINAL SMASH 5!!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Upside, i played some Link, IC,Jiggz, and Pit today as warmups pre-tourney today. Recordzees Puff, filling gaps son. I took third btw, had to go get the Mrs. or be on female punishment. I just realized Ali is N/SC Rank 1 Melee and brawl player, and why i've yet to beat him in a set, xD

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Just a quick bump and reminder:

Today's the last day for any nominations for WDT, so make sure that if you haven't already, you've nominated your videos for the voting process.

I've uploaded several WiFi videos to my account on Youtube (redghost16), but the quality is so-so, and the video seems to slow down and speed up at random. I'm currently trying to fix the problem.

Oh, and audio desynch was a pain in the *** to fix, so I just got rid of the audio altogether.

Listen to some Crush 40 or something while you look at them...I don't care.
That's what I do with most of my Brawl youtube vids (not the Crush 40 thing, just listening to music while I watch a match).

I get tired of hearing MK's sword swinging around during pro-matches anyways.

Top Bottom