• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That was good.
He was really good at applying all of those dair/spring gimp shenanigans. I didn't see any ASC, but that's the only thing I can say, everything else was very solid.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lylat it wouldnt have much use cause people are rarely on the platforms but it would be cool if someone was falling from the top and thought you were too far away to do anything and than you spin shotted to a p-canceled up smash from forever away...

darkNES386

Smash Lord
lylat it wouldnt have much use cause people are rarely on the platforms but it would be cool if someone was falling from the top and thought you were too far away to do anything and than you spin shotted to a p-canceled up smash from forever away...
I figure it's useful for when chasing someone who's recovering... say you connect with a bair and send someone across the stage. Instead of running/jumping and doing some aerial you can launch yourself up to a platform and then you have any option you want since you're in the neutral position.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yes, my partner who beat me has quite an amazing Falcon. Couple that with teh best aieral game i've seen vs my grounded Sonic and him knowing me pretty well, and it was a lost R5.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDqdhPhWXh4 <--- don't put this in the first post puffball... just tell me how viable you think it is on stages like lylat and smashville
there may be something... if say you knock an opponent upwards past a platform ,it may be possible to use this to jump and follow, and use the tech to cancel and continue attacking or even regrab before they could possible counter. just a thesis though...

darkNES386

Smash Lord
there may be something... if say you knock an opponent upwards past a platform ,it may be possible to use this to jump and follow, and use the tech to cancel and continue attacking or even regrab before they could possible counter. just a thesis though...
Yes, it really should open up tech chase/combo oppurtunities for stage specifics like lylat and smashville as these are two stages that would most commonly be played on in events.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
If you did a throw on a lightweight/floaty, would you be able to get on the platform fast enough to catch him in a f/usmash?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Okay. We shall begin the Winning Dat Steak discussion right here, right now.

It's as simple as this: As a community, we choose ten of the greatest moments in any of the Sonic videos as seen in the Cinemas, or anywhere on the Youtubes (or internet, whatever) that we feel should be nominated, and we judge the videos based on how steak-enriched they seem to be.

To choose, simply pick your top 3 choices to nominate. Once all the steak has been gathered, we'll do a simple group discussion/vote as to which videos deserves the spots the most.

If you can, particularly point out the moment in the video you nominate, specifically before the Winning Steak happens, up until the Winning Steak ends.

The Top 10 videos nominated (if there even is that many. It might only be a top 5 if there's not enough Winning Steak [which is IMPOSSIBLE, since there's no such thing]) will be, in conclusion, set up in the Winning Dat Steak Section for all to see.

When new videos get added after the section is up, if there is any moments of Steak winning that we witness in the new video, we can judge whether or not to move it into the Top 10, and bump another video off.

So yeah...start Nominating the Greatest Winning Steaks you can find!

I'll edit this post with my nominations soon.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8Blq_eK669g < when puffball breaks the tornado with the bair... this whole match though is full of steak. I don't know what order it's in... but it's up there. Maybe it's just that the fake steak from the MK really makes this shine... who knows.
In case you didn't see the update in the post, you can vote for up to 3 videos.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
JMan (Sonic) vs Phil (Kirby) R3

Steak moment: From early kirby-suck gimp shennanigans, i was behind. From 3:00 to 3:25, i earns my steak hard.

JMan (Sonic) vs Devin (Marth) R4
The whole first stock was Steak. gg overal

Jman (Sonic) vs Yay (MK) R3
First stock was too good, with dair reverse stage spike ko ftw. 2nd stock wrong shuttle self destruct ftl, lol. Near the end, great edge camping shennanigans and finishes it off with Dair through *****-nado ft epic win. The guy was stunned "MK lost... to SoNiC?!? How.... *facepalm*

Sorry no links puff, but ps3 itis >_>

Edit: Obvious bias aside. I'll drum up my fave top 3 steak vids excluding myself soon.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
JMan (Sonic) vs Phil (Kirby) R3

Steak moment: From early kirby-suck gimp shennanigans, i was behind. From 3:00 to 3:25, i earns my steak hard.

JMan (Sonic) vs Devin (Marth) R4
The whole first stock was Steak. gg overal

Jman (Sonic) vs Yay (MK) R3
First stock was too good, with dair reverse stage spike ko ftw. 2nd stock wrong shuttle self destruct ftl, lol. Near the end, great edge camping shennanigans and finishes it off with Dair through *****-nado ft epic win. The guy was stunned "MK lost... to SoNiC?!? How.... *facepalm*

Sorry no links puff, but ps3 itis >_>

Edit: Obvious bias aside. I'll drum up my fave top 3 steak vids excluding myself soon.
As long as the videos are available on Youtube or the Winning Steak Cinemas, that's fine. I'll just get them and make a list soon.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8Blq_eK669g < when puffball breaks the tornado with the bair... this whole match though is full of steak. I don't know what order it's in... but it's up there. Maybe it's just that the fake steak from the MK really makes this shine... who knows.

DMK: worst meta ever. even if he wins. and that is the "no steak." his spamminess makes babies cry, compared to steak, which doesn't. does he know what "tilts" are?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Meh, if you like it, you should just wait until we start voting for the nominated videos.

Also I forgot to post my pokeyman when I made the last post, so here ya go.

:090:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You fool, they are Pokeymanz, not "Pokemon"!... where the Hell did you come up with that idea anyway?!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I forget what level Charmander evolves, but you probably have a long way to go before your pokeyman evolves for sure.

Top Bottom