• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

aeghrur

Smash Champion
LOL, ANTIC. Hahaha, even Umby succumbed to the steak. He should get back in the Sonic boards now cuz he ate our steak. (=<

infomon

Smash Scientist
Gf2tw: lol, that's MY youtube account; if I want them to go down, I'll take them down :laugh:

(unless you scrape the youtube vid and then repost them... but that'd just be lame :p)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Now now Infzy, we do need some matches losing.
I have a handful as well, of me losing vs. Hylian, DMK, etc, etc.

We just need to learn from them.

Oh, and read the tournament results thread. My post on page 90.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I don't mind losing vids, and I learned a bunch off yours lol... the difference is you're playing against good players, and it's an offline battle... whereas lag-fi vs. Gf2tw's Ike was like... I walk into his jab combo... then run off the stage and die...... that sorta thing o_O there's not much to learn from it other than "don't SD and fail at spacing", and I blame major WiFi johns :psycho:

ehhh sorry for being such a whiny baby lawlz

And Gf2tw doesn't want me to post all the dittos where I beat his Sonic <3

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
NOOOOoooooooo...... those aren't winning steak at all.... they are LOSING STEAK!

Like when you drop a steak on a dirty floor and its got hairs and stuff in it..... that steak is so lost, it's not good at all :urg:

There is no such thing as "losing steak", foolish mortal. there is steak, or no steak. clear, cut, consice, and true. For that statement, you sir, are from the Clan of Lost Steak. please be mor careful in the usage of steak puns, before steak justice cometh down and strike thee.
Steak.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
There is no such thing as "losing steak", foolish mortal. there is steak, or no steak. clear, cut, consice, and true. For that statement, you sir, are from the Clan of Lost Steak. please be mor careful in the usage of steak puns, before steak justice cometh down and strike thee.
Steak.
The Cat agrees.

:093:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Not that its the thread.... but what in ur guy's opinion is Sonic's best close range options?

I venturd to a bigger touney in NC sat, and 3 stocked a ROB 2 times (lulz and Steak galore) and got severe camped by a squirtle and lost R1 by percent rule, then R3 by SD (tap jump wasted a gimp... SDed instead) then played Devin's Marth to lose in R3 yet again...

Againt any compotent player... im really not comfortable close range due to terrible range on jab, broken jab combo's, and eating pew pew dmg from it...

Squirtle at212% before a series of mindgames landed me a reverse spinshot to Bair made me cringe...

Maybe its my lack of practice, but im finding spot dodge spam to /fast gtfo/shield/ sd again hampering me to ppl getting high%. It has hindered me many times now and unless i can get good advice, im gonna flip out. lol

Not spamming Puff.. but i feel Lucky, Anther, and you have done the best imo, and you could offer pro-tips, lol

Aside:While not recorded, i teamed with C Falc... we beat a team of two MKs, rofl

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
down tilt is your friend here...
and if they spotdodge alot, use down smash.
and after you shield an attack and you know they are going to spot dodge, charge a smash.
thats all i can give you for now.

p.s. ROFL lucky doesnt even play brawl anymore

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I kknow that, it was an example

Particularly, i used to love sd due to "free hit"cept Marth. But its my timing that my attack misses or gets perfect shielded out of it 50% of the time, and at higher percentages, there more cautious in general

Im sure its just being rusty. mayve 10 hrs in 2 months as apposed to over 150 on my ps3.. yea

I do try linked dtilts, which works well low percentage, but 110%, i seem to rack rather than ko when close range and grounded. Bair is generally my killer and lands when they phail, i gimp, and maybe 1-2 times a set land D/Fsmashes to kill.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
your english is really bad right now,
ask one question clear enough for me to understand you and i will tell you how to fix it.
promise :)

Tenki

Smash Hero
grab is Sonic's best close range option, hands down, lol.

Jab (hold A to avoid people hitting between jabs!) is a decent gtfo move. F-tilt kinda is also not too bad at 100+%, and D-tilt is kinda better at low%'s.

I kknow that, it was an example

Particularly, i used to love sd due to "free hit"cept Marth. But its my timing that my attack misses or gets perfect shielded out of it 50% of the time, and at higher percentages, there more cautious in general

Im sure its just being rusty. mayve 10 hrs in 2 months as apposed to over 150 on my ps3.. yea

I do try linked dtilts, which works well low percentage, but 110%, i seem to rack rather than ko when close range and grounded. Bair is generally my killer and lands when they phail, i gimp, and maybe 1-2 times a set land D/Fsmashes to kill.
like SD (side-B) to punish openings? Try down-B out of run maybe? lol it's a strat that I kind of forgot about and isn't "natural" to the feel so I almost never actually use it, but it comes out alot faster to punish than side-B, so less chance of getting Pshielded, while giving more potential damage output.

I think your problem might be Squirtle matchup experience. Squirtle's aerial game/priority and jab speed/priority are problematic for tons of characters, and Sonic's no exception.

at 110% with good DI and a decent distance from the edge, noone should be dying to Sonic, unless it's a star KO.

160%+ things like charged u-smash (avoid hitting the first part of it and it's inescapable), U-tilt, become kill moves.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I type on my der ps3. Editing sucks period.

Who was quite skilled, don't get me wrong. I never played a squirtle that good. But fact was: Neither could really kill the other. Too much feinting>punish play. He won by percent rule. I thing i do go for grabs most often, but i really could do umpteen times better if when i predict the dodge correctly, charge f/dsmash, and have it connect ratger than get shielded would help. Its completly a realease timing issue that i can't play regularly enough to be consistent with.

BTW, this pertains largley to Marth. I don't have the probldm much else generally except a fox i play. But thanks Tenki
Edit: By sd, i meant spotdodge. When ppl reflexkvley sd when your close, i used to regularly read that, charge smashes, and realease properley

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Just a gimmicky update. Used Sonic font to actually label the sections, rather than have that boring yellow font as titles.

Winning Dat Steak is gonna need cooperation from the users, but I'll get into more of that when I'm ready.

Finally, I'm going through all of the videos (too many to count, really), to see what the date is on the uploads. I'll be labeling videos pre-September 2008 as ~Old, or something of that matter.

Also added Infzy's new spin dash/spin charge guide.
Drought or something this week? Been kinda empty. ;_;

Oh, and off topic, I'm getting Unleashed today :D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Updated. Added JMan's vs. Fox videos, and also added several Mr. 3000 videos updated in Xyro's thread, albeit I put the ~Old marker to the test on them first, since they were all pre-September.

Also added Camalange's "I'm Too Fast" video to the Misc. section.

Nice little boost from the lack of vids we've had this week, so that's good.

Looking forward to those new 3000 vids, and the first actual Sonic Ditto between two known Sonic mains Xyro...

-----------

Update:

Going through the vids to see upload dates, I was able to put up the ~Old marker. It's kinda ugly, there's A LARGE PORTION of Old videos back in June-August.

We need new stuff to come in!

Oh, and it turns out that IoZ's videos were all taken off of Youtube, so I've removed all videos of IoZ from the lists, so if they feel a little smaller, that's because they are.

Oh, and Misc. and Winning Dat Steak are NOT going to ever be labeled with ~Old.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I beat that Marth today. Blew my smash load too, xD. Mid range and patience, jab to tilt with fast Fair followup. Epic

Sadly, lost in the grandfinals to my dubz partner, C Falc ^_^ PHAIL!!! xD

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Puffball would you or anyone else be interested in critiquing uploaded videos to help advance Sonic's game? We could even make a Sonic youtube account where you can go in and add captions and stuff to explain what was good and bad about specific matches.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Puffball would you or anyone else be interested in critiquing uploaded videos to help advance Sonic's game? We could even make a Sonic youtube account where you can go in and add captions and stuff to explain what was good and bad about specific matches.
That actually sounds pretty awesome. We could even freezeframe it and analyze during the video.

Sounds cool.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Obviously, its gg's

We were "Low Tier Heroes" and split the pot anyway. I put him in loser's, and he brought the pauuuuuunch in grandfinals.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Falcon doesn't do too bad against Sonic, assuming that uh.. the Falcon player doesn't waste so moves nor use them stupidly and leave himself open, like the majority of Falcon/Ganon/Charizard/Sonic/Samus/Yoshi/.... smash players.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I think a good Falcon is harder than a good Snake for Sonic.

Or at least against me. Neither is particularly hard though.

>_>

<_<

*awaits rebuttal from KID*

XD

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Rebaz is amazing. I saw some matches of him against Izaw.

They were both very sexy.

Tenki

Smash Hero
napi you need to learn the matchup and stop sucking.
Most Falcons need to learn the matchup and stop sucking.

<_<

>_>

I don't think any Sonic player has beaten Ally's Falcon in a set yet, online or offline.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Wait... if it was already winning, what does that make it now that there is a Falcon combo video of epic proportions that is so epic, words cannot really express how tight it is, but we can only say what we can fathom?

Really, even though it has nothing to do with Sonic, I petition that the Falcon combo video be added here.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Updated. I had to fix another typo I made (sry Mag4 Num, lolz).

Oh, and another video added to the Misc. section.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
-Steak of the North Star: A Steak Combo Video by Rebaz **STEAK**

LMFAO
I seriously just bursted out laughing.

steaksteaksteak.

Tenki

Smash Hero
-Steak of the North Star: A Steak Combo Video by Rebaz **STEAK**

LMFAO
I seriously just bursted out laughing.

steaksteaksteak.
Yeah that sounds like a good name for a combo video Camalange.

Top Bottom