• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

infomon

Smash Scientist
Hey guys! I thought I'd share some of my Sonic videos. Not a lot, but you gotta start somewhere I reckon.

I've only recently started to get back into Sonic, I actually started him using him very early on when Brawl was just a few weeks old in the US but he kind of fell by the wayside when I got enamored with ROB, and only just like...in the past couple of weeks have I become confident enough in him to feel ready to take him to tournaments instead of just wishing that I would. Only recently did I read up on him and learn how to do some of the advanced tech stuff you kids and your technology figured out.
I only watched the first Jiggs match, and I noticed we share a problem: you never ever (pretty much) walk or run with Sonic. Your only movement was dodge-roll (lots of it), spindash, and hops. I know Sonic is really fast so his dashes can seem dauntingly uncontrollable, but it's really reeeeally important to learn to use the walk/run for stage mobility/control. I also need to do this moar lulz.

T-800

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so I plan on using more dtilts and ftilts along with walking and running approaches to change things up and try out some reverse grabbing.

The only thing I have a question about is the utilt. Is it even worth it to use it? The only time I use it is is as an automatic response to Sonic being knocked out of his spindash attack.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Where the eff is Xiivi? Seriously, the only reason it's still unfixed is because Xiivi hasn't contacted me...

-----

Anyways, new vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZuoyw5iKf4 - Espy (Sonic) vs. Morningstar (Snake) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaj-SovfTfE - Espy (Sonic) vs. Morningstar (Snake) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBHMCjeBy5I - Espy (Sonic) vs. Morningstar (Snake) 3

and a special something that I'm sure you guys'll love:

Brawl+ v3.3 Shenanigans
There's a nice Sonic combo at the end.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Glad to see your using more A moves Espy. I also hear Jigglypuff in the second video in the background dying in Melee.

*Sigh.*

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
when i practice my sonic, i always look at malcolms and espy's sonic as reference. lately its been more espy though.....

Espy > Malcolm ? :psycho:

It's like, what ever he was good at before, he's added a bit more now. your chasing ability is one of the best. if not the best. theres, ive said it. love the spindash> aerial> spinshot the otherway. steak. it looks like you have tried to add some tendancies that i can relate to in my style, and by god, with your agressiveness... im actually scared to play you. :laugh:

still need to work on your uairs and Dsmash. and you need to roll less, especially against snake.

have you noticed how sonic can still be offensive against snakes grenade counters? its like our hitboxes are too small...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Thanks Kojin. I'll continue to step up my aggro playstyle, and work on my spacings and the like.

I can only get better, after all.
<3 your analyctical eyes.

-----

The Winning Steak Cinemas are now back in full, and I've added everything that was put into this thread since last week, as well as some Kojin videos I stumbled upon vs. Bolt.

Keep the videos coming, there's no such thing as too much steak.

Oh, and thanks to Xiivi for fixing the problem the thread had. <3

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
LOL. y u be hatin?

for those whove had thier style analyzed, and after a while feel like theyve gotten better, feel free to come back to the lab and get critiqued again. its really good steak when you get confirmation on what youv'e imporved on. good work guys on youre sonics.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Malcolm probably did get better, though not on Wi-Fi for sure.

There is no reason to get good on that garbage other than you have yet to be to an in-person tourney.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I don't think at this point we can really claim whose better, all I know is that Espy and Malcolm are definitley are best Steak representives. Espy masters in the Steak style of Agrro, and Malcolm masters in the Steak style of mind****ing you untill your *** hurts.

All I know is that the power of Steak is too good...

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Updated with Craft and Kojin's vids.

Sometime before March is over, I'll have added in the new checkpoint date, which is going to be January 1st, 2009.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Man Mercutio (can I call you that?) You're beasting up Lag-Fi, though I would really like to see any Offline matches you might have!

...As for me, I'll see if I can get on a recorded T.V....

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I don't really play Sonic much in tourney's anymore. I picked up DK and Diddy and they see most of my play these days. But I use Sonic against Diddy, cause I hate Dittos(Specially Sonic and Diddy dittos).

I'm not nearly as good as that vid makes me look. I just know how Diddy's play and how to use bananas as Sonic pretty well and that Diddy didn't know the match up at all. But I wanted to share cause I thought it might be entertaining for people.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Sorry to interupt your steak awesomeness but I'd like direct your attention to this. (note I did not want to make a new thread and a steak thread seemed the most appriopriate)

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6976188&postcount=72

Naturally, Link and Sonic mains feel the same on many issues regarding these forums so it only makes sense.

Besides, what goes better with a Nice juicy steak than some beer to wash it down with. (Steak-Beer FTW)

This was osted in the following thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226576&page=5

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What exactly is the purpose of that thread anyway? I do not understand it, other than that Sonic has ties to like a couple of boards.

We got Lucas, T.Link, Link of course... uhm... there's gotta be more but I can't recall.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Sarcasm on the internet has failed me yet again...obv im no wifi-god

MDRN COOOOOOOOOOOME ON. Mad sonics gonna be there...we can get u back up to speed! (Speed? Sonic reference? Jokes in a serious thread?)

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I play Diddy now... he's so fun.

This is the first time I've kept up with a thread on the Sonic boards in ages. I still kinda hate it here. But if I can go we'll definatly have to chill. NL has been making sure I don't miss any of your YouTube vids for awhile now, cause your sonic is so good.

Out of Curiosity, any other TS members going? I've never had the chance to meet D1 after all

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
hey, you should definitely come, if MC shows up, that means youre practically gauranteed to not be the worst sonic there...

and is infzy shows up, youll look like a god among men...

infomon

Smash Scientist
and is infzy shows up, youll look like a god among men...
I almost want to sig this, lol

but which trouney are we talking about? I've got an agenda now, I've got to scribble in all the trouneys I'm supposed to be attending. That way I'll attend them!

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Im gonna try to go to Brawl Till You Fall and Gamepad's Brawl 4 All 2. anyone that can, should.

The first Sonic main to appraoch me during Gamepad's tourney will get a free steak sub from subway on me. trufax.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Meh this is going to blow there minds away we should all meet up at the MCdonalds next to the tourney store and then just all go into the store at once saying steak FTW. And start ****** anyone who dares say sonic isn't top tier. Can't wait to see all the my fellow Sonic's at MM15

GOLDEN STEAK FTW:sonic:

Top Bottom