• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I might record myself doing silly things with Sonic on Brawl+ v3.1. Nothing too big though.

Sonic can't DDP in Brawl+, so it's hard for me to adjust to the lame DDing they put in instead.
That, and he doesn't flow anymore.

However, uthrow -> anything, lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sorry for the double post, but updated.

Added my videos vs. Sethlon and K Prime from the past weekend.

...I still think I played terrible.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
tried brawl + tonight, and sad to say, i didn't like it as much as i thought I would, honestly. Sonic didn't feel like sonic anymore to me. just another fast character. everything I used in brawl i had to basically abandon and it felt weird. Too much like melee. Its a cool game though. im just saying i think ill stay with brawl. it ended up kinda reminding me that i dont like melee...

the biggest issue for me was that my attacks didn't flow as well. did anyone have this problem. i dont think its the controller...

fair fair combo is sex though. if you do it right u can fair them across the whole stage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
tried brawl + tonight, and sad to say, i didn't like it as much as i thought I would, honestly. Sonic didn't feel like sonic anymore to me. just another fast character. everything I used in brawl i had to basically abandon and it felt weird. Too much like melee. Its a cool game though. im just saying i think ill stay with brawl. it ended up kinda reminding me that i dont like melee...

the biggest issue for me was that my attacks didn't flow as well. did anyone have this problem. i dont think its the controller...

fair fair combo is sex though. if you do it right u can fair them across the whole stage.
That's how I feel about Sonic in Brawl+.

Did you also notice that he's not as mobile out of his UpB?
Must be the grav. change.

Oh, but Falcon is hella fun to play with, and I've taken a liking to PT.
---

But jiggz is my <3

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
That's how I feel about Sonic in Brawl+.

Did you also notice that he's not as mobile out of his UpB?
Must be the grav. change.

Oh, but Falcon is hella fun to play with, and I've taken a liking to PT.
---

But jiggz is my <3

this.

i thought it was just me, concerning sonic's upB, GIMR said it was because im not used to it yt. :( this game seems to give sonic stuff, and at the same time take away stuff too. thats kinda stupid.

yeah. it also seems that the C-stick is affected a bit. i heavily rely on it, so unless my controller fails during brawl plus, or the buffer system is altered and i didn't ever get over it...

messiahfreak2000

Smash Apprentice
NNID
messiahfreak2000
Fellow Sonic mains, I bring you some videos from a recent tournament I was in. I will post the results in the tourny results thread. Please watch these below and critique them. No, literally, tear it apart.

Singles

G&W
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SodgeTXVDyY&feature=channel_page -messiahfreak (Sonic) vs cutter (G&W) 1

Meta Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cYUSPVC_vA&feature=channel_page -messiahfreak (Sonic) vs. cutter (MK) 2

G&W
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o66QPrRuP2s&feature=channel_page -messiahfreak (Sonic) vs. cutter (G&W) 3

dunno where the 4th match went...

G&W
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pTYIvjVC3o&feature=channel_page -messiahfreak (Sonic) vs. cutter (G&W) 5

Doubles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDO3VxO4bzM&feature=channel_page -messiahfreak + llow (Sonic/Luigi) vs. COB + Chavo (Wolf/TL) 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJu7EwntEFs&feature=channel_page -messiahfreak + llow (Sonic/Fox) vs. COB + Chavo (Wolf/TL) 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAnd11naHLA&feature=channel_page -messiahfreak + llow (Sonic/Fox) vs. COB + Chavo (Wolf/Sheik) 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyZ4mdpZqFE&feature=channel_page -cutter + Sabre (GW/Fox) vs. messiahfreak + llow (Sonic/Fox) 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M12uzkcst5I&feature=channel_page -cutter + Sabre (Double MK) vs messiahfreak + llow (Sonic/Fox) 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfV1bLpCLf8&fmt=18 -cutter + Sabre (GW/Mario) vs. messiahfreak + llow (Sonic/Fox) 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPiiJLtN3ak&feature=channel_page -cutter + Sabre (GW/Kirby) vs. messiahfreak + llow (Sonic/Fox) 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkiYMaRpZV8&feature=channel_page -cutter + Sabre (GW/Kirby) vs. messiahfreak + llow (Sonic/Fox) 5

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well...MalcolmM did a better job against Anther than I did XD
Beat him once too...

Too good Malcolm, but...

~Match 2~
2:34 - 2:40

NO! REVENGE OF THE DTILT!

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
2 SD's make me a sad hedgehog.

:093:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Yeah but he was at a pretty high percent both times.

Pika's PROBABLY my primary secondary. (Him or Snake) So that match was a real treat. XD

Thought Malcolm had a jablock at 2:19

Tenki

Smash Hero
Just for future reference, if you add

#t=2m35s to the youtube link, it links you to the specific time.

it's pretty awesome ;3

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hoyl crap, how did Malcolm get around all that DTilt spam? I thought that was suppose to be auto-win for anybody!

We're breaking Sonic here guys!

Edit: SDR suicides make me a sad/angry panda.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
lololo @ malcolm trying to show off in friendlies @ 4 AM and pulling out the double suicide AT.

on an interesting sidenote...i just watched those vids and i was playing horribly. just a testament as to why i didnt go sonic much @ cot4...i was playing like absolute trash...i think 99% of my moves were spindashes...i dont do that anymore...its only 80% now.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
this.

i thought it was just me, concerning sonic's upB, GIMR said it was because im not used to it yt. :( this game seems to give sonic stuff, and at the same time take away stuff too. thats kinda stupid.

yeah. it also seems that the C-stick is affected a bit. i heavily rely on it, so unless my controller fails during brawl plus, or the buffer system is altered and i didn't ever get over it...
That is because the Brawl + code is actually a compilation of several codes put together.
in all honesty altering gravity is a stupid idea because it hinders the movement of characters when there shouldn't be a hindrance.

Melee didn't move in such a fashion, characters fell quickly yes, they were less floaty es, their mobility was not hindered though.

As such II only employ a few codes.
L canceling, hitstun, shieldstun. don't mess with gravity.

Just use the individual codes, they are available.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yo Malcolm, that's not the response we were all looking for man.

You're a role-model now, and even though I'm still unsure of whether or not you and Espy share the same position for best Sonic in the world, but that's no good!

But actually if you read this post, get on AIM if you aren't already.

Edit: Brawl+ makes me cry just because I don't have the dexterity to be good at it, nor do I have the tools.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lololo @ malcolm trying to show off in friendlies @ 4 AM and pulling out the double suicide AT.

on an interesting sidenote...i just watched those vids and i was playing horribly. just a testament as to why i didnt go sonic much @ cot4...i was playing like absolute trash...i think 99% of my moves were spindashes...i dont do that anymore...its only 80% now.
Glad to see that I wasn't the only one in a recent slump with Sonic lately.

MalcomM, we have to do the insanely improbable.

We gotta step it up.

---

I'm gonna update this sometime tomorrow or Wednesday.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
You can not say someone is the best in the world when you only know US players -__-

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
U.S. appears to be the apex of competitive Brawling, but you're right.

I am unsure of anybody who can compete though, but yeah, no point in going that far.

Also why does everybody seem to be so down with their tourney play? I got 17/38th today and I'm happy.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
oh i wasnt upset or anything....i just felt i was playing poorly at the time. i agree that we have to step it up though. when chaos marth uploads the videos of this week i think it will look alot better..

JMan8891

Halfrican-American

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Watched the NinjaLink matches.
He plays good, I'll admit, but that's due to his spacing and all around basic know-hows of the game mechanics (and several Sonic specific ATs).

However, he doesn't seem to know of Sonic's priorities, and he seemed all too daring to lose his stocks (it was a friendly, though) when Up-Bing to try to uair Peach.

Oh, and needs more tilts.

I also question the identity of the DK. Didn't seem all to great to me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if espy is playing like garbs and malcolm is refusing to play sonic in tourney,

by default that makes KID and X the new best sonics in the world!!

...awesome

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@ KID: lolz

-----

Update, and ****, did it take forever and a half to update with new videos and such...

-Added all videos posted in this topic since the last update.
-Added Brawl Plus section to the second post. It's right underneath the Doubles section.

That's that, so keep the videos coming in!

-----

Oh yeah, and as I mentioned awhile ago, I'm going to, hopefully Friday, bump up the Checkpoint date. What this means, simply, is that plenty of videos from the Singles and Doubles sections are gonna be dragged from the RECENT to the OLD portions of the character videos.

The Next Checkpoint Date is January 1st, 2009. All videos prior to 1/1/09 will be bumped to the OLD section.

This will all be done, again, by hopefully Friday night.

-----

BTW, go vote for the Winning Steaks!!! You only have 2 days left!

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
if espy is playing like garbs and malcolm is refusing to play sonic in tourney,

by default that makes KID and X the new best sonics in the world!!

...awesome
that's it...

Kojin vs da K.I.D. for title of best Sonic.
discuss.

either way, if we happen to be at a tourney, this will happen. same goes for the rest of yas...

And Ninjalink nairs way too much.
Jman is a decent sonic but spin dashing from a distance as an approach has always been a no no. but im noticing that more and more sonics are getting better with ther run... we are officially stepping it up.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Actually i've played the same group of 30 ppl at least 1 time a week. They know Sonic

I purposley SD and cancel at medium distances to bait responces ( I'd much prefer the grab)

Anything can be done to exploit weakness. Be it whst you'd do or not, I've developed it into my own style. I do it diff depending on the matchup. D3?? punish spotdodge/help avoid the CG? Better believe it, xD

Edit: Same group sinve June 08. Countless tournies/smashfests.

They all recognize diffs in spins and ball fofms. Its more of "I can use it in what most think an ill way to mindgame" kinna tjing.

Winning Steak is winning steak. Rite?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Srry for dbl post, but my last tourney update (should have vids)

Bilkfest/Licence ti Bill

40-5 guys..... a few chicks... a urine smelling 2 BEDROOM apt= Epic smashing, lol

Brawl + Sonis sux, as in my frienly C Falc ***** 10x harder. Hitstun makes you get comboed so... no spring. Gravity hinders the recovery/gimp game too. And auto L cancel hurts the punishing...

took somewhere in top 12

Reg brawl i legit lost to Stingers, his ROB kept disrupting me.... (instead of running Shield grabs, i got hit every time....)
Then threw my last set in loosers as my ride was fighting nausea in the parkinglot. Proved to the najority of the ppl Sonic was beast with crazy DDP games/ kills. Then lost

Topping: Nearly died crossing states back. He threw up all lver the car on the highway in the left lane. Scurry ride.

God... i need a keyboard so bad. **** ps3 browser interface

Top Bottom