• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I had a whole bunch of cats growing up.

A few of them just disappeared(we had this really pretty one that we think was stolen). 3 of them got hit by a car. I remember one died by playing with the table cloth until the plate fell down and broke his neck. My brother brought his fan downstairs, and he placed it down on one of our cats accidentally tearing it's neck open. I watched as it squirm around on the ground with blood gushing out everywhere, really horrible.

Keeping your cats alive isn't as easy as it should be. Sorry for your loss Psycho.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
. I remember one died by playing with the table cloth until the plate fell down and broke his neck. My brother brought his fan downstairs, and he placed it down on one of our cats accidentally tearing it's neck open. I watched as it squirm around on the ground with blood gushing out everywhere, really horrible.
DDDD: Omg poor kitties Q.Q

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
They brought more people onto a project that I had been working on by myself. I was feeling inadequate, because it appeared as if one of them was working maybe twice as fast I am. After checking out her work though I really she is just not doing a lot of the steps. I've decided to bring this to my supervisor's attention tomorrow. However it's going to reflect really poorly on me, because I had no business checking out her work. I'm afraid my supervisor may like me less because of it :/

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'm getting moles removed today off my legs
Nervoussss

edit: the needles were awful...like worst shots I've ever gotten. I've gotten anesthetics before, and I had to get that gardasil stuff when I was younger (which is awful and burns), but these were worse. But it wasn't super terrible. Good quality anesthetics though. Couldnt feel a thing! Now I just gotta wait on the results!

:phone:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Well I just told my supervisor that my coworker are making mistakes. I'm pretty confident I am correct about this, and the quality of our work does have to take priority over person relationships. I just hope my supervisor doesn't think I'm shady for doing this. I probably could have went about telling him better, or maybe I should have told my coworker first. Well it's done now, I made my bed now I'll have to lie in it.

Edit: Yeah, I totally went about this the wrong way. I should have just verified the steps with my supervisor and then spoken with them about it individually. It's my first time working professionally with peers. I wish I had known better before hand :(

Jasou

Smash Ace
I'm getting moles removed today off my legs
Nervoussss

edit: the needles were awful...like worst shots I've ever gotten. I've gotten anesthetics before, and I had to get that gardasil stuff when I was younger (which is awful and burns), but these were worse. But it wasn't super terrible. Good quality anesthetics though. Couldnt feel a thing! Now I just gotta wait on the results!

I absolutely hate shots because I had to get a lot as a kid when I was recovering from ITP, so I know your pain.

I am unhappy because I've been feeling somewhat dizzy all day today. It's made it difficult to focus on my school work and smashing.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
JASOU! I LOVE YOUR ICON! <3 My fave party member from sacred stones!!
shots are evil. EVIL

Drink some water and get some food! D: And try to get some rest!!!

Smash Lord
I have a funny story to tell today, at my own expense.

I am in an anatomy class now. And as we know, there are sexual innuendos galore. In this class, men are a minority and I am one of three guys in a room of about twenty people.

The teacher starts talking about parts of the bone structures in the arm. "The humerous is a long bone..... this is the head..... this part that my finger is on is the shaft......."

By this point the teacher is right in front of me, trying to show me part x and y, and this guy behind her mouths the words OOOOOOOOHHH YEEEEAH!!! I just started cracking up like a madman while she was staring right at me. Keep in mind that this is a class made up almost entirely of women. I choke the laughter to the best of my ability before people start to stare.

Then she asks, "Are you okay." since she seems to be completely oblivious to what happened. I don't say anything, and then she asks again, "Is everything alright." At this point I am entirely hiding my face, because I still don't have control yet. People were staring at me by this point, and I started to sweat to the point that I could smell it in a matter of seconds. Remember: it's a class full of women. People think that I am laughing because she said long, shaft, and head all in quick succession.

I finally have enough composure to respond and say that I'm okay. She continues asking questions and I try to play it off like I had a headache. She, finally leaves me alone and continues the lecture. At this point I thought that she bought it, and relax a bit and silently giggle a bit about how gullible she is.

Then she throws this whole thought process of mine for a loop. Out of nowhere, she picked out the guy who made me go into fits of laughter and pulled him out of the classroom. I'm sitting there going what the ****. She never saw or heard him do anything. Her back was turned the whole time. I had no idea how in god's name she figured it out.

She absolutely berates the guy. She practically yelled at him, giving him the old people's equivalent of "WTF are you doing?" I'm sitting here completely dumbfounded, because the door is open and the whole class can hear everything. She didn't give a **** for this guys privacy
at all.

What's more significant is that this guy is the stereotypical 30 year old construction worker. He's obviously more than well built. In case it hasn't clicked yet, this is at a college. This professor is treating this guy that's probably 10 years older than me like a kid. I'd honestly be afraid to pick a fight with this guy. To say the least, my mind was blown.

There was still an hour and a half of class left by the way.

Thankfully, this guy was able to convince her that he didn't do anything. I don't really know how he did it. I'm kind of glad though. He really didn't deserve that treatment. She apologized on break.

As I was leaving, she asked if my headache was better...... XD.

Good story?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looks like the new Ninja Turtles movie was cancelled. "On hold indefinitely"

It might have been in part because of the fan outcry at them making the turtles aliens

While I was against that depiction, a new live action movie could have pushed the turtles into a more mainstream status and could have made better done future products.

Letting it be made sacrifices integrity in the hopes of future successes.

Now all turtle fans have to "Look forward to" is the crappy pseudo-anime crap coming to Nickelodeon

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
What do you do for a living, Froggy?
In short I am a data manipulator.

Turns out that issue yesterday wasn't as a big a deal as I though it would be. One of my coworkers is ticked at me though. I don't think they like me telling them how things need to be done since they have seniority over me, even though I have the most experience with this project. It is what it is though, I'm gonna have to do something similar again today.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Won another football game!

But this girl doesn't care about the sport. She's always with her girlfriends and I can never catch her alone. I need to make her come to me and I know exactly what to try. If it doesn't work I'll give up I'm not in a hurry to start datin' hoes.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Maybe you've seen my recent thread or maybe not...

Anyways, I accidentally got like 30 bucks of debt sent to a collection agency. I don't even have a credit score yet so when I do get around to build one, that debt will impact me! I'm mostly worried about the inevitable student loan that I will have to take out in the near future. I heard that it will be even harder to take one out despite having a co-signer. Ugh. :urg:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone know if Meat is still good the day after sell date?

I just bought it less than a week ago. Seems meat goes bad too fast for me to make meals with it

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Maybe you've seen my recent thread or maybe not...

Anyways, I accidentally got like 30 bucks of debt sent to a collection agency. I don't even have a credit score yet so when I do get around to build one, that debt will impact me! I'm mostly worried about the inevitable student loan that I will have to take out in the near future. I heard that it will be even harder to take one out despite having a co-signer. Ugh. :urg:
I don't think it will really affect you for a student loan. Most students that have a cosigner are always offered loans if you fill out the FAFSA. Depending on your parents income and your school costs, among other things, is what determines how much you actually receive. Most students don't work or have credit, so don't sweat it too much. Just try and learn from this little incident. It seems like you already understand the future repercussions of this kind of behavior, but I highly doubt that something this minor will severely impact you in any way.

Also, let's play smash again soon :)

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Anyone know if Meat is still good the day after sell date?

I just bought it less than a week ago. Seems meat goes bad too fast for me to make meals with it
If you stuck it in the freezer after you bought it, it should still be good. If you kept it in the normal refrigerator, then it's most likely gone bad. :L

Smash Master
So one year later I've amassed a checking + savings account of $20,000

Anyone wanna put a bullet in my head for 20 grand?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
So one year later I've amassed a checking + savings account of $20,000

Anyone wanna put a bullet in my head for 20 grand?
Why are you posting this here? Isn't this a good thing?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
A previously close friend of mine over the course of last year has hooked up with the ex's of 2 of our close mutual friends almost directly after they broke up. I joked with him about that happening with him and my gf at the time.

Broke up with my gf later that month.

Found out he took her out clubbing last friday.

Feels bad, but I don't know what I expected.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
First day of school tomorrow. I'm kind of nervous.

Not only that, I have to rely on the bus. I only have 10 minutes to find my classroom from the bus stop.

After school, I have 10 minutes to get from class to the bus stop or I could be late for work. I might have to leave that class early depending on how long it takes to get from class to the bus stop

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
A previously close friend of mine over the course of last year has hooked up with the ex's of 2 of our close mutual friends almost directly after they broke up. I joked with him about that happening with him and my gf at the time.

Broke up with my gf later that month.

Found out he took her out clubbing last friday.

Feels bad, but I don't know what I expected.
That's scummy :/

Psycho, good luck!!
I hope timing/distances work out and I hope you make it to all of the places on time!

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
You got your license, and now doing bad? DX I'm afraid that's what will happen to me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Nonononono, I am doing great at driving but the thing is I got lost and ended up 30 minutes away from my school and missed class because I had to drop my brother off at his high school for the first time and didn't know my way back.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Omg... lol.

Well, our GPS has been known to drag us through some questionable ares.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
GPSes can be annoying and they have gotten me lost/confused more than once. I have no sense of direction so a working GPS is a godsend to me, and when they malfunction it makes me feel like a driving mongoloid

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
A member of the smash community, and a good friend of mine went missing yesterday.

He has a mental health condition called catatonia. He also has aspergers, which is on the autism spectrum. He is also on a seemingly strict medication schedule. He has deleted his Facebook account and wiped his computer since anyone has seen him last. He didn't take anything with him.

We're all really worried.

We've been raising awareness on facebook and it has really taken off. We've also spread the news on our city's subreddit as well. He's officially listed as a missing person and the police have been actively trying to find him. If anyone has any idea of what else we could be doing, I'd really appreciate it.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
A member of the smash community, and a good friend of mine went missing yesterday.

He has a mental health condition called catatonia. He also has aspergers, which is on the autism spectrum. He is also on a seemingly strict medication schedule. He has deleted his Facebook account and wiped his computer since anyone has seen him last. He didn't take anything with him.

We're all really worried.

We've been raising awareness on facebook and it has really taken off. We've also spread the news on our city's subreddit as well. He's officially listed as a missing person and the police have been actively trying to find him. If anyone has any idea of what else we could be doing, I'd really appreciate it.
If you know of any places where your friend hangs out often, you should ask around any of those places. Only other thing I can think of to do is pray for your friend's safety.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Has he said anything suspicious or out-of-the-ordinary prior to him going missing? D:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Unfortunately for his friends and family, he mentioned last week about how his meds were ruining his life.

I'd like to not think about what that may or may not entail

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I may have to drop out of school because working and school isn't working out. Maybe once I get a car I can do this, but relying on buses and rides with people isn't going to work when my job gives me schedules that go until 12 am, like they suddenly decided to do

Top Bottom