• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I dunno how people don't instantly turn off to someone when they find out they are taken. It's just so...distant and unattractive. I lose interest almost immediately. I think this is a defense mechanism...so quote, get on that I guess lol. It's less pain than holding onto some stupid vague "someday" and feeding your infatuation on false hope

I have slept with girls with boyfriends but I don't let myself become or continue being emotionally attached to someone who is already taken.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Yeah... I've always thought of it was pretty bad when someone goes after someone who is already taken. There were a lot of people who did that with my last ex, there's someone who did it with me before (which made me feel very awkward to have to tell someone no over and over) and it just... doesn't usually lead to good outcomes. Especially because yeah, you might be able to get the person to leave who they're with, but then if they're the kind of person to leave one person for another, chances are they'll leave you for someone else too later.

:059:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno how people don't instantly turn off to someone when they find out they are taken. It's just so...distant and unattractive. I lose interest almost immediately. I think this is a defense mechanism...so quote, get on that I guess lol. It's less pain than holding onto some stupid vague "someday" and feeding your infatuation on false hope

I have slept with girls with boyfriends but I don't let myself become or continue being emotionally attached to someone who is already taken.
I unfortunetly cannot follow my own advice when that is concerned. I feel as if it's hopeless and move on.

Only because I actually DID go after a girl in a relationship and she kept leading me on.

When she finally broke up with the guy, she hooked up with someone else. She just met.

Needless to say, I have no interest in talking with her again

---

Edit: I sold the blood rayne movie to a customer today. I've lost all hope in humanity

Smash Lord
It's a complicated thing for me. The number of people that I end up being interested in is very small. The whole "someday" effect is probably because I just don't become interested in anyone new for a while rather than a fixation on anyone in particular. I might see like 2-4 people a year that I'm interested in while most normal people meet like 20 or more. Tbh I really don't know where normal is.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm lucky to be genuinely interested in just one a year!

Or perhaps I should say unlucky.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well, it's not like Pyscho can mind control people in the relationship.

That's why I'm always confused with how people in relationships need trust in the sense that they aren't going to "betray" the contract between them. I get that they have value in the relationship they have with their other, but if your other legitimately finds someone else and goes with them instead or sleeps with them, then A) you really shouldn't be with them and B) they clearly are doing what they want, with their own volition, so let them do it and just let the contract die. Plain and simple. I'm not saying feeling bad about it or disappointed is inappropriate (in ways it is), but people only have selfishness and control in mind with that sort of trust.

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's not like Pyscho can mind control people in the relationship.

That's why I'm always confused with how people in relationships need trust in the sense that they aren't going to "betray" the contract between them. I get that they have value in the relationship they have with their other, but if your other legitimately finds someone else and goes with them instead or sleeps with them, then A) you really shouldn't be with them and B) they clearly are doing what they want, with their own volition, so let them do it and just let the contract die. Plain and simple. I'm not saying feeling bad about it or disappointed is inappropriate (in ways it is), but people only have selfishness and control in mind with that sort of trust.
That feeling of betrayal is natural, though, someone can go about a better way of breaking off the relationship than just cheating.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just figured out why I am continuing to get ...sicker.

One thing I'm not suppose to drink is citric acid. I've been drinking stuff with citric acid like crazy because I was avoiding another thing I'm not suppose to drink - caffeine.

Unfortunately my favorite drink, green tea, has caffeine so I've been trying to find something good to drink without caffeine

KRDsonic

Smash Master
If you're looking for non-acidic and non-caffeine, then Water, Milk, and Gatorade/Powerade are basically your only choice. Well, and certain types of tea I suppose.

:059:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I am talking to myself more and more at work and I can't seem to help it. My coworkers are going to think I'm crazy more and more now :(

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
copypaste

I'm a baby. I barely care about anyone except me. lots of the time I don't care what anyone says or thinks unless it is directly related to me, and furthermore only if it is positive. but then again I usually don't care about that either. more people like/love/admire me now than ever in my life and I don't care about it. My band is actually starting to go places. We played an incredible mini-tour in the Carolinas and sold all our merch and made tons of fans and some radioplay in two states...and I could not be more apathetic and disenchanted about it. I don't even touch my guitar except when I have to practice or play a show. And at many shows all I'm thinking about is how I hope being up here playing is going to get me laid. I get angry at girls who won't have sex with me and try to end friendships over it. I'm oversexed and it's almost the only thing I think about these days. I get incredibly clingy and puppy-like to girls who show me physical affection and the rest are invisible or outright detestable to me. I feel like a Fallout Boy song. I just want to play shows and have sex all the time without any of the work or trouble it takes to reap those rewards.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Luigi, why do you think you feel that way? You say that you are only concerned about yourself or interested in yourself, but when people like, love, and admire you, it doesn't matter much to you, you say. Is that because, despite it being kind sentiments about you, since it isn't from you, you aren't interested? Is it because you're not interested in anyone intellectually or personally that sex is the only useful thing to you?

Sorry, just interested in your situation and your thinking.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At work we now have to wear these sheets on our badge which tells our performance.

The ONLY reason I can think to as for use wearing them is for discrimination purposes. It gives us, as human beings, numerical values - Tangible data in order to place ourselves higher or lower in worth from one another.

They are planning on having the faster workers discriminate against the slower workers in an attempt to force them into working faster.

I can't think of a single other reason why they would make use wear those numbers.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Luigi, I've been there. There was a point where having sex with quality call girls was the only thing that seemed to give my life any meaning. I can relate It sounds like you're just bored with everything and everyone except for sex and playing shows. The only real advice I can give you is find other things that'll give your life meaning as well, if you're unhappy with your current state of mind.

And I think like me, after you keep having sex you'll come to realize that it's not so amazing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've just never had sex. A girl putting her hand on my arm the other day was the most contact I had with a girl in 6 years

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Been having really bad days lately like mentally. It's weird and I don't know how to explain it but I'm just really really upset and sometimes for no reason and I don't get why.
Awww :c

Try going on an adventure with friends or exploring to a local park or something. Fresh air can do you a lot of good, and getting out and doing things can help to fix bad feelings.
It's worked wonders for me and dealing with feelings of anxiety.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As someone that spent the last few years working my *** for very little pay, I'm really happy being back in college now

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I second staying in college. It's much harder to find a job/make a decent living without having a degree of some sort, trust me. :\

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
..................it has begun

......craziest quarter of classes yet o A o

Material and lighting class on tuesday mornings which is a class on 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, and cameras. Wednesdays is game design/gameplay where i have to write game docs and basically shell out an entire game concept on my own in 11 weeks. Thursdays is Background Design/Layout which is another game concept based class where we are put in teams and have to make animatics based on games....and I am in charge of all of the concept work (story, concept art, etc) and will have to help with all of the other aspects. Thursdays is also Digital Sculpting/texturing....which is a Zbrush elective (I HAVE NEVER SERIOUSLY USED ZBRUSH OH JEEZ). And fridays I round off the week with 3D animation and I hope to GOD i dont have to do crazy amounts of modeling because then I will freak out. Animation isn't TOO bad.

And then, my friends who are in their final quarters want me to help with their game production team class and do concept work.

.....skljfskdlfjsklfajd

though im not necessarily unhappy....just unhappy sleep will be less of an option

Top Bottom