• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Your signature fits very well.
Lol...well I mean it!

I really cannot stand my project partner. She talks sooooooo much. On top of that she is incompitent when it comes to the duties that I have been assigned and yet she insists on telling me how to do my job. She asks to tag along when I'm doing my field work, but she is so damn slow at everything, I am not gonna slow down so she can catch up.

Lastly and probably what irritates me the most about her is that she's one of those people who needs to often tell jokes and be the center of attention, but she is bad at it; she is not funny and the only jokes she tell are the type that makes fun of other people's misfortunes. Joking or not you just shouldn't do that. She's the type of person I'd never hang out with of my own free will, it sucks that I'm partnered with her,

Anjila

Smash Cadet
The car decided to crap out on us just as we were beginning to travel back home to Arizona from visiting family in California. Engine was smoking and stalling, and when we made it back to my parent's house, car decided not to start up again.

Since we have no way of getting home with that car, we've decided to rent a car, take out an auto loan, buy a new car in AZ, and then send the old one to the junkyard. That thing has caused us too many problems. I'm ready to end it!

All in all, I'm at least grateful that all this didn't happen in the middle of the desert.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Moving out of state to finally be on my own. I'm excited, but I'm also incredibly nervous and a wee bit stressed. Lots of stuff to arrange. I don't know anyone in the area.
Actually that sounds pretty exciting, I always love to go to new places where I've never been and meet new people, it's always been fun for me at least, but yea I can relate to what you're saying, the first time is always tough IMO.

:phone:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I've been starting to think I have worms lately, so I got to the pharmacy to get worm medicine and they're telling me I can't get any without a prescription. When I was younger my father used to buy worm medicine for me and I'm pretty sure he didn't have a prescription for it.

This sucks.

Jasou

Smash Ace
I've been starting to think I have worms lately, so I got to the pharmacy to get worm medicine and they're telling me I can't get any without a prescription. When I was younger my father used to buy worm medicine for me and I'm pretty sure he didn't have a prescription for it.

This sucks.
that sucks, but why do you think you have worms? is there a way you can tell?
and if you do have worms you should seriously get that checked out

OmegaXXII

I may sound like an ignorant fool, so for my ignorance but if you have worms shouldn't something bad happen within a couple of months since it's probably parasitic?? I don't mean to sound that way, it's just a question.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium

This sucks.
That's probably something you should go to the doctor about, first, to make sure that you aren't buying medicine for something you don't have, which could potentially be very, very worse.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
that sucks, but why do you think you have worms? is there a way you can tell?
and if you do have worms you should seriously get that checked out
Maybe this isn't the best way to tell, but I'm just going by the fact that lately I'm always hungry, and then when I eat shortly after I'm hungry again. Just to be clear, I don't believe i have the type of worms that eat out my intestines, instead I feel like it's the type that feeds on your bodies nutrients.

That's probably something you should go to the doctor about, first, to make sure that you aren't buying medicine for something you don't have, which could potentially be very, very worse.
Well it's going to a doctor going to cost me a whole lot of money? I don't have insurance, I pay for my own rent and food and I don't make a lot of money at my job. I'd expect something like a 500$ bill if I go to a doctor, and I really can't afford that.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Maybe this isn't the best way to tell, but I'm just going by the fact that lately I'm always hungry, and then when I eat shortly after I'm hungry again. Just to be clear, I don't believe i have the type of worms that eat out my intestines, instead I feel like it's the type that feeds on your bodies nutrients.

Well it's going to a doctor going to cost me a whole lot of money? I don't have insurance, I pay for my own rent and food and I don't make a lot of money at my job. I'd expect something like a 500$ bill if I go to a doctor, and I really can't afford that.
I don't want to misspeak, but there *might* be free clinics in your area that you can go to for check ups and questions. That would be something you'd have to search for, but I'm sure they exist. I just don't know to what extent they do.

http://freeclinics.us/ Something I found just now, this may help.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I've seen so many posts like this on Smashboards. I don't really get how a healthcare system can be considered "good" when so many people actively choose not to see their doctor for cost reasons. =/

If that's your only symptom, it doesn't really sound like parasitic worms though. Have you noticed changes in your weight? If you're definite your appetite has changed, I'd say you should see a doctor because it could be a few different things.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.

It's pretty good that the pharmacy won't give it too you actually, because from reading what you said there can be quite a large host of things causing your problem. It's best if you isolate what the issue is instead by getting tests done at a lab... I do sympathize with you on the doctor's office being expensive though... It was funny I was a med student with no health insurance for a while... >_>

On another note I hate how over-schedueled everything is for me. I can't seem to find time to do whatever the **** I want anymore... haha

Takumaru

Smash Lord
On another note I hate how over-schedueled everything is for me. I can't seem to find time to do whatever the **** I want anymore... haha
I think that's called "Growing up". It's a horrible disease that afflicts 100% of people. It's quite depressing when you think about it. :c

OmegaXXII

lol.

There is universal healthcare in Canada. Strife wouldn't have to worry about being able to afford going to the doctor.
Well if the issue is money then I guess it makes sence of course this is saying if the flight to Canada and everything else comes out cheaper.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
unhappy because of 1 person destroying the swedish melee community with his horrific attitude

Tekk

Smash Lord
^I'd rather say destroying the whole european community.
This continuous bullying is so saddening.
Please Armada, stop taking our lunch money. =(

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I've seen so many posts like this on Smashboards. I don't really get how a healthcare system can be considered "good" when so many people actively choose not to see their doctor for cost reasons. =/

If that's your only symptom, it doesn't really sound like parasitic worms though. Have you noticed changes in your weight? If you're definite your appetite has changed, I'd say you should see a doctor because it could be a few different things.
Yeah, America sucks. Maybe I should have tried college in Australia instead. Anyways I am going to look into medicade and see if I can get insurance out of that. So much of tax payers money better be good for something right?

Palpi

Smash Hero
I have a few friends/acquaintances that studies abroad in Australia and though they didn't get in the specifics with me personally, they didn't enjoy the education system there.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my best friend is taking care of her newborn niece and she's feeling sick. this doesn't bode well! i wish i could be there to help.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
My college called me last night telling me my writing class has been cancelled, and that I would have to sign up for another one. It wouldn't really bother me if it were like 2 weeks+ before class starts, but 5 days before is kinda lame.

I found another one luckily, but it starts early which sucks for my nocturnal self.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
My college called me last night telling me my writing class has been cancelled, and that I would have to sign up for another one. It wouldn't really bother me if it were like 2 weeks+ before class starts, but 5 days before is kinda lame.

I found another one luckily, but it starts early which sucks for my nocturnal self.
These things happen quite often. My suggestion is to always have a backup class/section in mind, you can avoid a lot of problems that way.

Tekk

Smash Lord
If he says his name, the guy he's talking about is just gonna show up and rage on how everyone is a ****ing ***** ****** *** **** *** cookies ***** ***

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm not sure if one person alone can ruin anything, but people like that always seem to disappear if you pay them no attention.

OmegaXXII

^^haha, that made me chuckle a bit.

Man, the freakin Smash 4 thread got locked because of these stupid noobies and idiot trolls that want to enter the thread, it sucks. :glare:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just went into deep fried ****.

There was a party in my house. I wasn't into dancing so I went upstairs to play mario kart on my wii. I felt like getting coca cola so I went to kitchen. I see this drunk 24 year old woman dancing. I said "excuse me. Sorry." And I got my drink.

I went back to my room playing games and stuff until the door opened and the same woman kissed straight at me. "What the **** are you doing!?" I said.

She took off and I was shocked.

Moments later, I hear a fight.
I go downstairs and the SAME WOMAN WAS APOLOGIZING TO HER HUSBAND.

Holy ****, he was mad and kept on saying "why would you do that".

I swear, this is the reason I avoid everything dramatic. I should've seen this coming and stayed in my room.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm not surprised that your're being unserious. If you dont wanna know that 16 year old has almost been punched in the face, let me know. :mad:

Top Bottom