• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Clearly, one should analyze situations where if they did something else an outcome may have been better, but not to the point where they are dwelling on it and feeling worse about themselves because of what they did. THAT is a waste of energy and is why there are so many posts in this thread.

You're jumping to a lot of conclusions based on that post, and living without regrets is living a positive and happy lifestyle that will only help you succeed in more situations and just life in general.

Understand the "mistake," learn from it and know when to apply it, then stop thinking about it. Why mull over that which you cannot change?

Every action you made in your life got you to where you are today. If you aren't happy where you're at, well then that's another thing all together.
It's not him jumping to conclusions when you say stuff like

""Mistakes" that you think you made.. they aren't mistakes. If you feel you did something wrong for a second, just shrug it off and say it was meant to be that way and you know to do different next time."

Regardless of what your intent was, this implies that you should not feel accountable for anything you've done.

I agree that the past is the past and that's where it belongs for the most part. But the regret is the push that people have to feel in order to learn and become better people. There is a difference between simple regret, and obsessing over past failures.

"Every action you made in your life got you to where you are today. If you aren't happy where you're at, well then that's another thing all together."

Actually, that's not another thing all together. Someone being unhappy with their life because of things that happened in the past is exactly what we're talking about isn't it?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
My university lost my financial aide paper work, made me fill it out again, then reduced the amount of financial aide I get by $1,500. I'm not saying they did it on purpose to screw me over, but I'm totally saying that. It was just a little TOO coincidental. I can get by without the money, but it's frustrating.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Nope. The financial aide office was like, "You can't prove anything!" which is a true statement. A lot of stuff is done online at my university which means no paper trail. Financial aide is mostly online. They only use paper when it's totally unnecessary.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it was done mostly online, how did they loose that?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
If it was done mostly online, how did they loose that?
The initial stages of applying for/getting financial aide are done on paper. The school sends a letter saying "you need this much". The student then applies for the aide and financial aide responds by posting stuff online. My application was "lost".

I've never heard of a competent financial aid department. Sorry for your loss.
True statement.

I appreciate everyone's support. I just decided to redo my budget for the year. As long as I don't buy things I don't need like fruit juice and clothes I will be fine. On the plus side, I've come up with some really creative and tasty things in the kitchen because my budget is more restricted.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I ordered some cards off ebay, and the guy sends me the wrong cards. He resolves the issue by refunding me my money and telling me to keep the wrong cards.

I still don't have those cards I needed :(

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I really cannot tolerate stupid customer service reps. After about ten minutes or so, I just hung up because he just kept asking me to repeat myself, while (after testing it) people said they hear me clearly. I get frustrated with stupid things like that.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Stupid customer service people are the worst. I was on the phone with an East Indian bank rep recently for like 20 minutes talking about life insurance even though I kept saying I don't need or want any. I had to cut him off and go on a five minute rant to get him to accept it.

The fact that he talked agonizingly slowly and also I had to leave for work at any moment was the worst part.

Well I just got into the school that I transferred into and all I can say is that it's difficult.
Very difficult.
I have friends here, but they aren't in any of my classes, and right now I just feel alienated and stressed, especially because this is junior year AND I'm taking three AP classes.

It's a lot, and I'd express much more frustration, but I won't.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Last week or so has been god awful. Wednesday from 11:30 PM to Thursday @ 2:30 AM I spent vomiting, and having explosive dihareah. I managed to fall asleep for a short amount of time, then **** myself awake. Had to change clothes/sheets/take a shower. Got no sleep. I had some sort of stomach virus that didn't start feeling better until around Sunday, but the vomiting stopped around 7:30 AM Thursday.

I went home with medical leave, and when I called the wellness supervisor for late pay, she said to come any time from 3PM on. I show up at 3:30, and go to security. I get sent on a wild goose chase until finally I'm told that for some unknown reason I didn't get my late pay.

Monday I got zero sleep.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Last week or so has been god awful. Wednesday from 11:30 PM to Thursday @ 2:30 AM I spent vomiting, and having explosive dihareah. I managed to fall asleep for a short amount of time, then **** myself awake. Had to change clothes/sheets/take a shower. Got no sleep. I had some sort of stomach virus that didn't start feeling better until around Sunday, but the vomiting stopped around 7:30 AM Thursday.

I went home with medical leave, and when I called the wellness supervisor for late pay, she said to come any time from 3PM on. I show up at 3:30, and go to security. I get sent on a wild goose chase until finally I'm told that for some unknown reason I didn't get my late pay.

Monday I got zero sleep.
This is pretty much the worst. When I had my botched eye surgery, I was in constant, crushing pain (in my eye) and this weird nausea where if I so much as drank water (and some times, even when I didn't) I would vomit profusely. You know what's worse than vomiting when you have nothing to throw up? Vomiting with eye surgery.

Evidently, the stuff they used, Versed, didn't work well with me (I was completely cognizant during the actual surgery). I don't wish that on anyone.

What I did learn with my various stomach flus, since I was in and out of hospitals and you pick them up quickly, is drinking lots of gatorade helps a lot. Sleeping too.

Hope you feel better.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I ordered some cards off ebay, and the guy sends me the wrong cards. He resolves the issue by refunding me my money and telling me to keep the wrong cards.

I still don't have those cards I needed :(
I feel brother, thought I've never actually had a problem when it comes go online shopping, mostly with appliances and other yard equipment, it's a pain it the *** when people don't treat you like they should and are reluctant, when I'm demanding my money back or or exchange the term "The customer is always right" should apply, but NOOOO!!!

:phone:

OmegaXXII

I always work in hot weather humidity, for the most part it's at least 90-95 degrees most of the time, this year however wasn't too hot like past summers though we've had the worst drought in years, nothing but sun, no rain at all. <_<

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I always work in hot weather humidity, for the most part it's at least 90-95 degrees most of the time, this year however wasn't too hot like past summers though we've had the worst drought in years, nothing but sun, no rain at all. <_<

Ugh, I'm no fan of humidity. Luckily this is a dry heat here.

OmegaXXII

Ugh, I'm no fan of humidity. Luckily this is a dry heat here.
So Utah pretty much has desert like heat eh? We barely have it like that over here, I can't wait for winter though, but that cool breeze won't hit us until December. <_<

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Dangit, I was doing well with waking up early. Today, despite going to sleep earlier than usual by at least an hour, I woke up with my second to last alarm. Now, I have to grab breakfast at the place at work (not an awful thing), and really only have time to shower and write a little bit. Blah.

OmegaXXII

Well, what did you go to sleep last night CK? I'd reccommend going to sleep earlier if possible, I guess that might solve your problem, or two alarms would help I guess.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I have 6 alarms, and I normally sleep around 11 or 12, and wake up, exhausted at 5. Today was at 5:40 after a 10:15 bed time.

OmegaXXII

I have 6 alarms, and I normally sleep around 11 or 12, and wake up, exhausted at 5. Today was at 5:40 after a 10:15 bed time.
Six alarms and you still can't wake up on time? I'm guessing you must be sleeping pretty peaceful, or maybe not since you mentioned exhausted, well for starters you should experiment with your sleeping times, that way you'll most likely find some kind off sleeping habit time, and you should put all six alarms to ring loud! simultaneously.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
When someone says something you find insensitive towards, do you act all hyper-emotional and defensive?
I wouldn't say hyper-emotional necessarily, but it tends to get under my skin really easily. Like, I'm really easy to troll (which I hate), and teasing gets to me, cause I can't seem to separate jokes from serious discussion (cause I tend to think that people should be largely serious). So what ends up happening is me reading something, and interpreting it as someone being mean to me, or someone not liking me, and from there it spirals into getting depressed/angry/putting too much thought into it.

The short answer is that I can't take a joke, but it's kinda deeper than that, I think.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't say hyper-emotional necessarily, but it tends to get under my skin really easily. Like, I'm really easy to troll (which I hate), and teasing gets to me, cause I can't seem to separate jokes from serious discussion (cause I tend to think that people should be largely serious). So what ends up happening is me reading something, and interpreting it as someone being mean to me, or someone not liking me, and from there it spirals into getting depressed/angry/putting too much thought into it.

The short answer is that I can't take a joke, but it's kinda deeper than that, I think.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I find people like you difficult to be friends with. Some of my closest friends are just too sensitive, it's annoying having to always watch my words around them and it's even more annoying when they get upset over the simplest misscommunications.

It's really annoying when people get defensive really quickly. If the person you're talking to isn't a stranger then I don't see why you should perceive every criticism or insensitive remark against you as a attack.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Don't take this the wrong way, but I find people like you difficult to be friends with. Some of my closest friends are just too sensitive, it's annoying having to always watch my words around them and it's even more annoying when they get upset over the simplest misscommunications.

It's really annoying when people get defensive really quickly. If the person you're talking to isn't a stranger then I don't see why you should perceive every criticism or insensitive remark against you as a attack.
And I completely, completely agree with you. Don't worry, I don't take offense. I almost lost a best friend cause of it, once. Nowadays, I don't really complain to other people about what they say, I just sulk in a corner/quietly rage. People don't seem to notice if I'm annoyed, anyways.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Six alarms and you still can't wake up on time? I'm guessing you must be sleeping pretty peaceful, or maybe not since you mentioned exhausted, well for starters you should experiment with your sleeping times, that way you'll most likely find some kind off sleeping habit time, and you should put all six alarms to ring loud! simultaneously.

My mom swears I slept through a tornado that hit our house. I guess I sleep hard.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
And I completely, completely agree with you. Don't worry, I don't take offense. I almost lost a best friend cause of it, once. Nowadays, I don't really complain to other people about what they say, I just sulk in a corner/quietly rage. People don't seem to notice if I'm annoyed, anyways.
Nah, I wouldn't advise sulking and raging if someone said something that was hurtful to you.

That's not healthy for any relationship, and it'll just cause problems later on. If it's a big enough deal that you're emotionally affected by a close friend then tell them, what you shouldn't do though is get defensive and start calling them a bad friend, or that you don't like being friends with them, etc. The bottom line is don't let the problems sit there and fester, but at the same time don't create new problems with your hyper sensitivity.

In an unrelated note, I just embarassingly displayed some incompetence in front of my supervisor; and also I just learned that it's likely to take me a minimum of 3 years to complete my masters degree in the field I'm interested in :/

Top Bottom