• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So Utah pretty much has desert like heat eh? We barely have it like that over here, I can't wait for winter though, but that cool breeze won't hit us until December. <_<

:phone:
I live in the southwest corner, which is in the Mojave desert. Northern Utah, where Salt Lake City is, is mountainy-- still gets hot, but nothing like down here. I'm closer to Las Vegas than SLC.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
My subscription to Norton Internet Security has one day remaining :(

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Then you should've posted in the happy thread.

Uninstall it and get a free antivirus. Avast is updated more often and won't hog all your resources.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I was going to say something along those lines, lol. I thought Norton was pretty bad...

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This is the reason i made a pr interview thread. So they wouldn't make anymore AMAs and chage to a different user monthly.

Virg started this.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Tokyo, your interview thread just seems like an AMA thread with you choosing a different user each week or whatever. If you're going to do an interview thread, do it like the GBD, UB, and LH ones are/were. =/

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yeah, everybody wants in on the action, luckily CK already thought of a solution, it will work similar to the LH one.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
We have this stupid Hurricane coming tomorrow, which is probably going to cause a powerout the whole day. Since we're far enough in the shore we probably won't have any serious property damage, but it still makes me kind of angry.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
If I were you I'd just be happy things (hopefully) won't be worse. Irene looks dangerous as hell.
It's not a particularlt powerful hurricane. iirc it's only a category. I'm also upset that power may be out. My laptop battery only has a lifespan of like 3 hours so I'm gonna be bored as well.

Also I live in a basement so I'm kinda worried about flooding.

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
If I were you I'd just be happy things (hopefully) won't be worse. Irene looks dangerous as hell.
Well, I am certainly glad things won't be worse, just bummed out about the power is all. It might not even go out for all I know, but it's been raining constantly here for a while and now instead of letting up we get a freaking HURRICANE of all things.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
There's a strange noise coming from the apartment above mine. It sounds like a cross between a woman "faking it" and a dog choking on a chipmunk while being beat to death with a squeaky toy (you read that correctly). Regardless of what it is the noise is keeping me up.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
There's a strange noise coming from the apartment above mine. It sounds like a cross between a woman "faking it" and a dog choking on a chipmunk while being beat to death with a squeaky toy (you read that correctly). Regardless of what it is the noise is keeping me up.
Well it might be some kind of animal like a squirrel, wild animal or something living up there, or...it could be a ghost, I dunno.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Yes. People ask questions, you select the good ones and add your own if you want, then you conduct the interview, post it, and then select the next person and the process repeats itself.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm in love and I'm afraid to admit it. I'm very shy and a tad sensitive with this kind of thing.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
How do you know this person and what is your current relationship status with them?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Smash(boards). We're just friends atm.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hmmm. You can add me on AIM if you want, I've dealt with quite a few situations similar.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
This is pretty much the worst. When I had my botched eye surgery, I was in constant, crushing pain (in my eye) and this weird nausea where if I so much as drank water (and some times, even when I didn't) I would vomit profusely. You know what's worse than vomiting when you have nothing to throw up? Vomiting with eye surgery.

Evidently, the stuff they used, Versed, didn't work well with me (I was completely cognizant during the actual surgery). I don't wish that on anyone.

What I did learn with my various stomach flus, since I was in and out of hospitals and you pick them up quickly, is drinking lots of gatorade helps a lot. Sleeping too.

Hope you feel better.
You win the sick award, I can't fathom being in that sort of pain, AND having a stomach virus. Also just as an fyi, you can't have stomach influenza LOL.

but yeah, there was a sale on gatorade when I was sick. bought 15 @ $0.43/ea. drank like 7 in one day after the vomiting stopped. felt like a ****ing champ the next day.

@Teran: You should teach me the secrets to getting a boyfriend. I haven't dated anyone since I was 14, and I has the case of the ronery.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol Ruby coincidentally Falcon and I recently recorded an episode of our show about dating and relationships etc (most of it was satirical and biting but some of it was advice!). It should be up soon.

But if you want you can add me on AIM too, I mean it is on public display so it's not like I'm ultra conservative about who contacts me on it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You are in love with someone that's on smashboards but don't want to admit it, than you post about it on smashboards?

Is this your way of asking them out without having to say it yourself or something?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You'd be surprised how clueless people can be when it comes to others' feelings for them..

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I want to throw this computer across the library Ef this assignment. I don't care if it's not really getting marked but I still hate it

John2k4

The End of an Era
Computer crashed from a power surge, and after getting it started back up again, I told Chrome to recover all 50 something tabs I had open, and left for a while...

Came back, and Pandora is telling me I reached my 40 hour limit.
Dangit, Pandora...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Computer crashed from a power surge, and after getting it started back up again, I told Chrome to recover all 50 something tabs I had open, and left for a while...

Came back, and Pandora is telling me I reached my 40 hour limit.
Dangit, Pandora...
My goodness, everything thinks I have a lot of tabs open when I have 10

I couldn't imagine needing 50 tabs open at the same time

Top Bottom