• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

Ravin

Smash Lord
Lol.

I may actually be going down to Texas for Akon? (The big anime con in like Juneish?)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Lol.

I may actually be going down to Texas for Akon? (The big anime con in like Juneish?)
OK GREAT! i might be able to play you by then. just let me know when you arrive.

BTW, im 90% done with the front page. go check it out and tell me what you think. The only thing i wont add to the front page is match ups. That will be talked about in Drys thread. Please.

oh and if im missing and advanced techs on the first page, PLEASE PM me the vid. i want this thread to be a good little source of info to noob samus and pro samus. PLZ, lets all join up and make this thing amazing!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
This thread wins.

Xyro, about the match-ups, we need more discussions. Because of the lack of discussion on Captain Falcon from the Captain Falcon Character Discussion board, I decided to move onto Diddy Kong. Anyone with any information from your gaming experience will be extremely useful right now. Please do not hesitate to write about your gaming experience against Diddy Kong and what you did to survive and even win. Go to The Chozo Warrior: A Samus Guide Second Edition to discuss! Please, please, please, discuss!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Awesome. Make sure to keep the first post updated as well as adding singles videos and doubles instead of just combo videos to the first post. This thread can let this board have few stickies :).

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
Nice new thread Xyro! Very organized, it gets me excited about Samus. Please put me in the regions section-

My brawl tag is MOM, and I reside in BROOKLYN, NEW YORK

yes thats correct its MOM from BROOKLYN, NEW YORK

edit- frozen moderator? did Hylian get Hylian'd?

Pi

Smash Hero
knihT - Lake Mary, Florida

I'm gonna go experiment w/ her infinite double jumps

Nair
Fair
Bair
Dair
Uair
Zair? They all work?

Xyro77

ive added all of you. re-read those 2 threads on the first page to see what moves are able to be done.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
I have good news!!

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=3489

I placed 17th out of 87 entrants at Race's tournament last Saturday.
I went 2-1 with Ajax, SoCal's 9th ranked player, a very good Snake. He sent me to losers though.
I eliminated LeePuff, SoCal's 4th ranked player, a G&W main, from the loser's bracket.
I also eliminated EVO2k8 champion, CPU, and his ROB.

Here's the bracket: http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket3489.gif

I went pink Samus 100% of the way! I'm very proud of my performance at my first major tournament.

:]

Ravin

Smash Lord
knihT - Lake Mary, Florida

I'm gonna go experiment w/ her infinite double jumps

Nair
Fair
Bair
Dair
Uair
Zair? They all work?
Zair - No, why Infinity anything? All your moves Auto cancel anyway, not to mention if they hit you, you lose your second jump, and it becomes predictable.

Also, Keeping a charged shot in hand and not using it serves as a great mindgame, it forces your opponent to play drastically, taking them out of their comfort bubble, causing constant shielding or dodging. Use this and make them predictable. Break them with it, and when you know they least expect it, blow a hole in that mofo.

Pi

Smash Hero
Zair - No, why Infinity anything? All your moves Auto cancel anyway, not to mention if they hit you, you lose your second jump, and it becomes predictable.

Also, Keeping a charged shot in hand and not using it serves as a great mindgame, it forces your opponent to play drastically, taking them out of their comfort bubble, causing constant shielding or dodging. Use this and make them predictable. Break them with it, and when you know they least expect it, blow a hole in that mofo.
Zair I'm assuming you have enough time to pop out another zair before you land but I havn't tested it yet

And yea, it's pretty superfluous but it's still pretty cool to hop around the stage without touching the ground eh? :p

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
noob, got any vids from your tourney?
Unforunately no. If I did I'd watch them over again and pleasure myself because I made some clutch as *** comebacks vs LeePuff and CPU.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Whenever i got to a tournament in florida i normally get 5th or better with pika/samus. I beat afro-thundah in a match in tournament, but i lost as pika the first match so i would've gotten the chance to counterpick so idk how it would've went if i just went samus.
Also, the last Play N' Trade i went to, the one where i almost beat afro thundah, i got 5th..but i went half-half, so i guess it can't be considered for the list.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
How come I'm not on the list? Do you have to actually be good to be on the list? If so I understand why I'm not on there :p

Pi

Smash Hero
You are touching the ground... Just your first frame is.
Eh? That's a double jump
Hence the spinning

And I don't think I'm touchin the ground o.O

If I touched the ground at all there would be a puff of smoke
This just has the double jump ring thing

Ravin

Smash Lord
Eh? That's a double jump
Hence the spinning

And I don't think I'm touchin the ground o.O

If I touched the ground at all there would be a puff of smoke
This just has the double jump ring thing
You are, your "Puff" isnt first frame. You have to be near the ground to ISJR. (Infinity jump) Its not like you can just jump like mad and fly like MK. :/ Last frame of your aerial to use your ISJR, meaning your last frame buffers, you jump, like claw cancel, just you dont see yourself hitting the ground.

A rather useless AT to get used to. Again, makes you predictable.

1 800 brawlr

Smash Cadet
ive went through all the combos and advanced moves and ive gotta say that ur the best samus player ive really ever seen, keep it up and i hope you bring samus up on the tier list. =]

Pi

Smash Hero
You are, your "Puff" isnt first frame. You have to be near the ground to ISJR. (Infinity jump) Its not like you can just jump like mad and fly like MK. :/ Last frame of your aerial to use your ISJR, meaning your last frame buffers, you jump, like claw cancel, just you dont see yourself hitting the ground.

A rather useless AT to get used to. Again, makes you predictable.

I had been trying it for about 2 minutes before it happen.

So I know how it feels when you hit the ground - there is at least 4 frames of landing lag.

This was different, this is the infinite I assure you. No move has 1 frame of landing lag.

I even start the DJ animation long before I hit the ground -- Watch the video again.

I leave the ground with a jump.
Then double jump
Then zair
Then double jump again before touching the ground.

Xyro77

ive went through all the combos and advanced moves and ive gotta say that ur the best samus player ive really ever seen, keep it up and i hope you bring samus up on the tier list. =]
i cant do it alone. This thread is as good as it is because ALL of us samus mains are throwing in our input.

im almost done with my 2nd combo video.....i just need to learn how to get names to appear on the screen when im doing a combo...

also, ive got a vid comming up having to do with zairs going thru stages.....i credit HIVE for making me use this tech alot more.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
i cant do it alone. This thread is as good as it is because ALL of us samus mains are throwing in our input.

im almost done with my 2nd combo video.....i just need to learn how to get names to appear on the screen when im doing a combo...

also, ive got a vid comming up having to do with zairs going thru stages.....i credit HIVE for making me use this tech alot more.
For a teaser, I'll just point out using z-air through the burning tree on your favorite stage, Pokémon Stadium 1.

Xyro77

Update 1: added my new samus combo vid

Update 2: Added Edogg samus combo vid.

plz go watch them and improve your game. the more things you learn the better you will be in yournament!!!!!

mcmuff1nman

Smash Lord
I dont know if this has been discovered before but i think i have found a new AT for Samus. However it only works on FD and is VERY SITUATIONAL. If you are fallimg and are under the stage and upB daigonally so that u just miss the edge, quickly tap up B and u get a 2nd third jump!

I will have the video soon.

MRS1

Smash Journeyman
i think that was already discovered, you just barely touch the edge so you get your up b back. I think its in a Tudor Samus tricks video too. but i am curious: do you get your second jump back too?

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
i think that was already discovered, you just barely touch the edge so you get your up b back. I think its in a Tudor Samus tricks video too. but i am curious: do you get your second jump back too?
I don't wanna take credit where it's not due, I think it was actually Rohins that made the video. This is however a pretty known AT that can actually be done with many characters on many stages, canceling their up-b's on stages and getting their second jump back (as well as their up-b's).

Unless I misunderstood and you guys are talking about something else..

Hive

Smash Lord
I don't wanna take credit where it's not due, I think it was actually Rohins that made the video. This is however a pretty known AT that can actually be done with many characters on many stages, canceling their up-b's on stages and getting their second jump back (as well as their up-b's).

Unless I misunderstood and you guys are talking about something else..
yea I think I remember rohins experimenting with this awhile back ^^
can't say that I use it much though lol :p (at least not on purpose lol)

@dryn- lol I've actually zapped people through the mountain on pk stadium 1 too lol ^^
and I think xryo pointed out earlier it can go through the house on onett too ^^ (I don't think I've ever played on onett though lol)

edit: thanx xyro! ^^ I actually picked up the zairing through the ledge technique from rohins awhile back though ^^ but I find its very useful for hitting enemies a medium distance from the ledge on battlefield, smashville, halberd, and anything else with indented ledges like that :p (also on pk stadium one you can do it under the ledge but the hitbox for it ends up being fairly weird :p the only thing that ends up hitting is the little ball part of the zair, so it just sort of comes up as a bubble) and against characters with constant edgeguards, like charizards flamethrower, where you would otherwise have to stall until something opens up... I'm just saying ^^ not that you didn't know already :)

Top Bottom