• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

Royta

Smash Journeyman
@ sand, awesome you probably even speak my language xD we should hit the online brawl =) send me a PM and such!

@ Hive, yeah that stage is pretty much ****ed against people with chaingrabs there (DONT TAKE IKE THERE...)

Kai_Blade17

Smash Rookie
Would someone explain, what would Samus best stage be? I thought it was final destination because its clear and you can projectile spam quick. But then other stages have platforms, in which you can cancel missle and such. So what do you guys think?

Hive

Smash Lord
most people would say battlefield is her best stage... she can do a lot on the platforms, and the ledges. Also there is a lot of off ledge game, she can attack the platforms well, and the central platform is perfect distance for upb ^^
Its my fave at least :)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
most people would say battlefield is her best stage... she can do a lot on the platforms, and the ledges. Also there is a lot of off ledge game, she can attack the platforms well, and the central platform is perfect distance for upb ^^
Its my fave at least :)
I also enjoy Battlefield. The best theme for that stage is Multi-Man Melee 1 (Melee). The music is filled with a lot of energy. I'm glad they put it in Brawl.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Id say BF is easily her best stage. You shouldnt fully rely on spamming projectiles anyway. Its a good game to use, but if you can get used to using them in BF and threw the platforms from angles. Your all good.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
her best is battlefield. norfair is good to but try not to take F and G tiers or metas or falcos there every other char is fine imo. She does good on it but not as good as some chars. PS2 is a good choice, i dont know much about the matchups but watch for falcos and snakes all i know. ps1 is not bad again but a lot of chars do better on that stage then her. luigies is not bad for heavy chars but i wouldnt take a olimar there. RC can be good against chars that suck there but dont pick it for easy spikes... I took Ally there once thinking spikes would be easier but turns out he is always above me and mines fall from the sky... (he is snake) Samus sucks on corneria her Zair can go through the ship which is cool but dont overestimate it samus cant kill and killing people on corneria is easy but they dont cancel out believe me -.-'. With samus your best bet is to stick to neutrals if someone is better than you unless its a char you can cp against.

Hive

Smash Lord
I also enjoy Battlefield. The best theme for that stage is Multi-Man Melee 1 (Melee). The music is filled with a lot of energy. I'm glad they put it in Brawl.
ooo kwl ^^ I don't have that song yet though :p I should try to get all of the songs at some point, but I keep procrastinating.... @.@

Too bad final destinations songs all sound the same though :(
and also too bad they didn't put in Gandrayda.... and too bad they had to narrate some of her kwlest stuff with someone who sounds like jack black T.T

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
my best stage is pkmn 1 then maybe norfair or port town.

honestly this game is SOOOOOOOO dependent on counter picking samus doesnt really have an advanatge on ANY stage.

Xyro77

its banned nearly every where but when its legal its my number one CP. For future events, take olimar there.....ALWAYS!!

Xyro77

and marth... marth gets pwn'd by those ledges too ^^ (free cs), didn't you say that while you were down?
Yes. any character that has a STRAIGHT recovery, marth, fox, falco, luigi....ect can be brutaly crushed on that level. they are FORCED to come from UNDER the stage....so you shield then BOOOOOOOM! charge shot or smash, this will forcd them to repeat the cycle.

not to mention. cars can kill and 50%

tha_carter

Smash Ace

Royta

Smash Journeyman
Warning Usefull post incoming:

I saw a video somewhere of a Link user surviving a Downsmash of falco / fox up until 300+ %.
He did this by crouching and Di'ing down and when hit just spamming the grab button.

If done right he would grab the edge and snap on during his momentum (and by quickly grabbing the edge he would lose momentum).
Do you think that this could apply to Samus also? This could increase our survivalbility against strong horizontal killing moves by 10x! ;O

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
^ Yes this does apply to Samus, and hers is even better than links. Whenever you get hit by a downsmash by Fox/Falco/anyone like that, slam down on the control stick, hit shield to try to tech, then mash on A while holding shield to tether if you miss the tech.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
@ n00b: Now that's what i'm talking about!
Also I've been toying with Samus couple of minutes in training with mate of mine and we came by some stuff that might be interesting. I know most of it is common knowledge with most Samus users but meeeehhhhh.. i'll just post it anyway.

- you can cancel air dodges by Zair'ing, nice for mix ups and safer approaches.
If you want to sweet spot a SH Zair in someones FACE, you can do the beginning of the animation while in the Air-dodge state. SAFETY FIRST KIDS;D

- charge cancel can lead to some...MORE then interesting mindgames.
+ Run towards the enemy, use the cannon and immediatly switch to grab. I tested this sometimes midbattle and people fell for it more then once since they think you're gonna fire away.
+ Run towards them, and Charge cancel into a Nair/Dair or predict into a Uair/upB. If you practice you can pretty much cancel it on frame 2 or something. But best is to wait 'till they can see that you're in the "charge" animation.
You can mix these up with actually firing your charge shot.

- I found a weird grab I didn't know about, but it's kinda hard to do since you sometimes roll instead of doing it.
You have to turn around and then dash back again with the grab button. If done right you'll stand in place but do the Dash-grab.
You can also just dash and immediatly grab but it will move you a bit, depends what you like best.
By turning and dashing back + grab you will instantly grab while standing still but WITH the dash-grab animation. Nifty stuff.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
hey xyro can you add me to the samus finder?

Xaireaux77 (my new tournament name) - Irvine/Torrance, CA, USA

thanks

Hive

Smash Lord
*Buys plane ticket to cali just to drop a nuke in your front yard*
That's pretty mean <.< ... unless you do it humanely of course! ^^

also I will be added as Xhyro, it sounds like "zero" you see ^^ I don't think anybody has anything that sounds like it lol :)

(or should I add another silent "h"? ;))

Xyro77

That's pretty mean <.< ... unless you do it humanely of course! ^^

also I will be added as Xhyro, it sounds like "zero" you see ^^ I don't think anybody has anything that sounds like it lol :)

(or should I add another silent "h"? ;))
if this turns into a fad, i swear ill kill you. JP would not like this!

Hive

Smash Lord
who's jp??? oh, you mean zyro? (he changed his name ;)) lol
ok, I'll stop :) promises!

ps what kind of wall tactics would you suggest, xryo, for corneria and delfino?

Xyro77

corneria, stay below the fin. and up+B to fin then falling u-air then UP+B again to grab fin and repeat. its like the pmn stadium mountain trick i do. Z-air goes through the fin so u can hurt people. being under the fin put u at an advanatge cause the foe will have to attack from above(shield then UP+B to punish it) or fall and airdodge(as he lands, d-tilt). plus, the wall near the engine is super short so u can kill very easy there.

delphino, while the stage is moving u can zair through the bottom of it to hurt peoples toes. you can come up from under it with the BROILER or u-air and then cancel it ot UP+B(90% chance of hitting them).
theres walk offs so you can back throw and then zair to kill them. theres watter so u can spike. dont play DDDs there.

Hive

Smash Lord
kwl, thanx! the up b, uair thing is pretty fun ^^ it reminds me of the thing you do in pk1 on the rock wall.
oh, I meant wall options at delfino btw (the small ones). Her ledge tactics are amazing there though, as you said!
Dang, I thought she had more wall options though :p Oh well, I was just trying to experiment with that.
Also, don't take ddd to like half of the stages lol ^^

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Xyrohins recommends using tether to get quick invulnerability on corneria's fin and dropping to do aerials. You can mix it up and tap down to not grab the edge too. What fun things you can do.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Xaireauxhin00b wonders if dash attack -> jab cancels against a wall would work. I tend to ban Corneria or Brinstar vs Snake tho, blastzones really small, zair gets messed up, hard to spike, etc.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
uhm does anyone use Samus's zair to nullify lucas's and ness's PKT...? or is that just me? takes practice but if you can do it right they fall to their doom and you gain an early lead + them thinking they can't recover which is true but still.

Hive

Smash Lord
uhm does anyone use Samus's zair to nullify lucas's and ness's PKT...? or is that just me? takes practice but if you can do it right they fall to their doom and you gain an early lead + them thinking they can't recover which is true but still.

yep yep, charge shots work well too ^^

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
- I found a weird grab I didn't know about, but it's kinda hard to do since you sometimes roll instead of doing it.
You have to turn around and then dash back again with the grab button. If done right you'll stand in place but do the Dash-grab.
You can also just dash and immediatly grab but it will move you a bit, depends what you like best.
By turning and dashing back + grab you will instantly grab while standing still but WITH the dash-grab animation. Nifty stuff.
At first I thought this was something else but its actually a bit different. But in case you don't know there's another way to grab that is similar to this but you slide a bit backwards and do a standing grab. I think it was called reverse boost grabbing or something.

Basically you dash away, then down on C-stick (or I guess anything else then sends you into dash attack from dash) to cancel dash, then immediately press other direction and grab. And its different from normal pivot grabbing because by canceling with the c-stick you can do the grab earlier than you could with a normal pivot grab. At least according to the guy who brought this up originally. I'm pretty sure this is on the compilation of ATs or whatever its called.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
@VirisKnite, yeah that's the boosted pivot Grab (or something like that). Best used as a retreat and / or counter to Metaknight's Tornado move (just like the normal pivot grab).

This one is 'okay' as in handy, but mostly to really remove the standing grab from your game since it has huge lag afterwards. The 'grab hitbox' lasts longer though..not sure ;/

Top Bottom