• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Samus Guide

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
The upB gimmick gives you more opportunities to grab the edge with no lag (like zair). I had a couple vids on it, one from when I figured it out and one in my pointless tech skill vid.

Has anyone figured out how to do that weird dsmash kill or has it been proven that the vid was a hoax?

Hive

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the dsmash thing was a hoax.. or at least glitchy :p
idk when I tested dtilt vs. dsmash ko percentages awhile ago dsmash consistently ko'd at about 20% more than dtilt except against squirtle who it actually ko'd before dtilt bc of fire immunities...
but it might have something to do with bad di or some kind of weird hitbox in the middle of the dsmash :p
idk... whenever I play dtilt seems to be the better ko option imo

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Triple Homing Missile Cancel

I didn't see any videos of someone using Samus to demonstrate a Triple Homing Missile Cancel on YouTube, so one has finally been uploaded, thanks to Orichalcum. Go here.

Hive

Smash Lord
bleck :p I've been trying to mess around with samuses grab game for the last few days, but I can't seem to find really anything T.T
the closest to anything really opening up a combo is using the dthrow to go into a jumped aerial at low percentages (which can fairly easily be cancelled out by jumping at the end of the stun, or aerials :p) and dthrow to screw attack if the opponent dis the right way.... :/
I still like fthrow because while it doesn't combo well (maybe a cs followup every once in awhile?) it at least provides spacing for samus, in which you can tack on some spam damage.....
but idk... I can't really find anything that is too usable, anyone have any thoughts?

I miss her homing grab from melee ; ;

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Added 3 new vids(i made them today) to the front page!

Zair through walls and stages.
Jab lock and set-up. xyro did this
Jab lock and set up. this one n00b did

plz check it out.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
yay xyro will update this with my somewhat plausible setup combo thing! 8)

Ravin

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mZDSCxBpCs&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m02E5crdEGY&feature=channel

A new fun thing to do for those who already dont. I dont see it in many of your videos at all.

When vsing people who try to chase you offstage, namly Marths and Ikes ect.

They normally, Marths, double Fair, chase Fair, jump back.

Try tethering more to recover when they do this. I was playing a good friend of mine KB, badass peach player who lives in cali, talks **** on peach boards all the time. But it basically catches a lot of people off guard, and keeps them from attempting to gimp you.

Also, I wanted to share this.

When you SH with Samus, right before you drop if you quickfall to Fair, then SH immeditly to Fair again it gets a good lockin damage and knockback, and combo able. gotta be standing still to do it.

Xyro77

I updated front page with these vids. plz check them out. add them to your game

Charge shot cancel/application
Tudor new combo vid
Tilted F-smash/F-tilts

Xyro77

lol i have been looking for that song for YEARS and i randomly found it one day on youtube so i kept it and used it on a vid. ROFL!

can anybody make a vid of some grab release or stage trick stuff? it would be a great addition to the front page. PLEASE

Hive

Smash Lord
Oh btw, before I forget, here is the charge shot combo I found!
The point is to take the advantage of the "bounce" effect from mid-damage (around 40%) dairs to enable the fully charged charge shot to hit more effectively. :) (to summarize it goes shff dair-> charge shot)... while the opponent is "bounced" he will not be able to jump out of or powershield the charge shot (powershield of course bc they don't touch the ground, and there is not enough space or time to jump out of it, assuming you bounce the person in front of you and release the cs asap). However, I was wrong in assuming that it was completely escapable though T.T :( it can be airdodged... however the timeframe to airdodge it is very small, and has to be done right* before the charge shot hits and after you recover from the stun of the dair. Also, if the opponent airdodges rights after he regains control after the dair the charge shot will hit as well, meaning the opponent can't just mash airdodge (I still need to check if some of the "fatter" characters can airdodge through it though).
However it sucks that it isn't full proof :p but still a good combo.
Anyways the numbers listed below are from Kniht (thank you!) and try to figure out the percentages (if any) that these techniques apply to the various characters.

Thus far:
Testing only if it can be JUMPED out of because it would appear all of the characters thus far can Air Dodge RIGHT after this, might get them when they land, Idk, haven't tested that because of varying air dodge timings etc.

Any way thus far, SHFFDair buffered CS - Jump escape only (Rough %'s):

Red = Wasn't able to get the CS off very often.
Yellow = Was able to get the CS off about 50% of the time give or take
Green = Was able to get the CS off most of the time
Had most success = The % at which I could replicate the hit most frequently.

Character Name -- What % pops them off the ground -- %'s most likely to hit -- Notes
Mario - 35% -- 40% - 54%
Luigi - 35% -- 39% - 52%

Peach - 33% -- 33% - 46%
Bowser - 41% -- 41% - 64%
DK - 40%
Diddy - 34%
Yoshi - 38% -- 38% - 59% -- 38% (only?) his DJ Invincibility frames kick in and you can catch him in an UB for added %
Wario - 38% -- 38%-62%
Link - 37% -- 37% - 65%

Sheik - 32% -- 42% - 50%
Zelda - 32% - N/A - Had most success around ~36%
Ganondorf - 38% -- 38 - 65%
Toon Link - 34% -- 40%-52%
Pit - 34% -- 34% - 57%

Samus - 38% - N/A - Had most success from 38% - 40%
ZSS - 31% -- 41% - 52% -- Had semi success from 35% - 39%
IC - 34% -- 46% - 52% -- Had semi success from 40% - 45%
R.O.B. - 37% -- 37%-56%

Kirby - 30% -- 30% - 45% -- HARD TO HIT!
MK - 31% -- 31% - 50% -- HARD TO HIT!
DDD - 39% -- 39% - 74% --From 39% - 48% he can't jump out of it and unless he air dodges he will bounce, opens him for a jab lock

Olimar - 31% - 31% - 50%
Fox - 31% -- 37% - 51%
Falco - 31% -- 31% - 57% --From 31% - 35% he can't jump out of it and unless he air dodges he will bounce, opens him up for a jab lock

All tests performed via turbo controller + big toe on the jump button.
SH Dair
Press turbo jump
FF buffer CS

I run several tests on shots that I'm unsure about until I start getting a solid result.

Results may vary with DI (how far away from you they get)

Ravin

Smash Lord
lol i have been looking for that song for YEARS and i randomly found it one day on youtube so i kept it and used it on a vid. ROFL!

can anybody make a vid of some grab release or stage trick stuff? it would be a great addition to the front page. PLEASE
Stage trick as ledge?

Xyro77

Stage trick as ledge?
nope.

hmmm stuff like bouncing people off of luigi mansion roof.
Hitting people from under PKMN stadium 1's ledge lip.
Zairing thry corneria's fin.
my FAMOUS falling up-air to UP+B on pkmn stadium 1 mountain.

stuff like that.

Ravin

Smash Lord
nope.

hmmm stuff like bouncing people off of luigi mansion roof.
Hitting people from under PKMN stadium 1's ledge lip.
Zairing thry corneria's fin.
my FAMOUS falling up-air to UP+B on pkmn stadium 1 mountain.

stuff like that.
Not too much on stages to let you do that much. however i could try to get a sexy clip of a FD fall jump to bair kill.

Also you can Zair threw any wall as long as your close enough to it. If your gun is pushed against the wall, you can Zair threw it. Sakuri didnt look into this hard enough apparently.

So you can Zair threw stuff in D plaza, PS1 and 2. and a few others.

Bomb also has three explosion points sometimes???

Umm... I know a few Luigi M tricks. Up throw to dtilt. Down throw to Utilt to charged shot.

Xyro77

once again, i'd like to be added to the samus mains list please
ok i will add you.

Not too much on stages to let you do that much. however i could try to get a sexy clip of a FD fall jump to bair kill.

Also you can Zair threw any wall as long as your close enough to it. If your gun is pushed against the wall, you can Zair threw it. Sakuri didnt look into this hard enough apparently.

So you can Zair threw stuff in D plaza, PS1 and 2. and a few others.

Bomb also has three explosion points sometimes???

Umm... I know a few Luigi M tricks. Up throw to dtilt. Down throw to Utilt to charged shot.
see? this kind of stuff is what will help us out.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Can you post my pointless tech skill vid up? It's old but maybe people can use some of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVkK-v5vE2Q

Like zairing through FD

On a side note: I've been enjoying dashing away "pivot" charge blast. It's really easy to do and you can use it to punish people that are approaching and are about to be on top of you. Basically you dash, press back while dashing (pref toward the end of the dash) then just press B. You will automatically reverse charge blast at the end of the dash animation.

Xyro77

Can you post my pointless tech skill vid up? It's old but maybe people can use some of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVkK-v5vE2Q

Like zairing through FD

On a side note: I've been enjoying dashing away "pivot" charge blast. It's really easy to do and you can use it to punish people that are approaching and are about to be on top of you. Basically you dash, press back while dashing (pref toward the end of the dash) then just press B. You will automatically reverse charge blast at the end of the dash animation.
done. i can believe i missed this vid

also, i added your new find.

Edge Cancel Smash Missile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you pivot a smash missile near a edge you will fall off facing the edge. You do not instantly grab so you have a bunch of options. You can also use your grapple to get a nice lagless edge grab. Here are the steps:

1. Dash toward the edge (pref off the level. I've tried on the platforms on BF and can't do it as consistently)
2. Shoot a smash missile the opposite direction as your are nearing the edge.
3. The missile animation is completely canceled and you are now off the level / platform facing the edge. Do whatever you want from here.

I don't see this as game breaking or anything. It allows you to get to the edge with your grapple pretty quickly (fd you just press z, bf you have to fast fall other wise it doesn't tether properly). You can also instantly bair at the edge's height, not sure if any of you wanted to be able to do that for any reason

Ravin

Smash Lord
Xyro. Im working on a few of those videos you wanted.

Should have it up later today.

Kai_Blade17

Smash Rookie
I got a question about the z-air through walls and stages. I can do it on stages where your able to go through the stage but not other places. Would you explain how to do it on a stage such as final destination?

Royta

Smash Journeyman
I got a question about the z-air through walls and stages. I can do it on stages where your able to go through the stage but not other places. Would you explain how to do it on a stage such as final destination?
I think this tech is stage specific, not sure though. I too would like to know if it is possible on FD.

Anyone?

Xyro77

watch where i do it on other stages like BF or smashvill. once you see how i do it, go try it out on FD.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
#1. can i be added to Samus FF
Carter
→ →ontario, canada

#2. Where are you getting your tourney results from... its seems extremely biased....

#3. for video's we should have specific matchup videos too. Theyre MUCH better than having combo vids.

Xyro77

#1. can i be added to Samus FF
Carter
→ →ontario, canada

#2. Where are you getting your tourney results from... its seems extremely biased....

#3. for video's we should have specific matchup videos too. Theyre MUCH better than having combo vids.
#1 yes

#2 biased? how? my results are from tx/cali/oklahoma

#3 PM me your vids and ill put them upfront

Hive

Smash Lord
here's a useless technic I thought I'd share:

if you footstool an enemy (ddd, in training) it bounces you up higher than your double jump would, and in this time you can release three homing missiles before hitting the ground again (and not jumping after the footstool)

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
to anyone making that stage vid:

be sure to include missile spam on delfino and luigi's. Those really short platforms allow you to short hop missile and run off / fall through missile really nicely.

Kai_Blade17

Smash Rookie
Okay, i just found out how to do it on smashville. The problem was that i wasn't DIing towards the stage. In your video there is no final destination. I don't understand from where to z-air.

Hive

Smash Lord
ok I've been trying to work on techniques using walls for samus, since its relatively untalked about....
I think I might have found a couple things that are pretty neat but I need someone to verify, since trying to control the opponent and yourself with one person sort of limits what I can test....
Anyways I tried these both at corneria, against ddd, at around 60% ish...

wall lock?- basically standing at about at the line on the ship you grab ddd and fthrow him into the wall so that he bounces back towards you... by doing your basic jab combo you should be able to juggle him against the wall, both hits will hit him while he is in the air, the first one will have a relatively small knockback so you can hit him with the second which is key, since the second hit in the basic "a" combo hits him into the wall again and allows the process to repeat. the whole process goes pretty fast, and I'm not sure if ddd can actually escape the hitstun from it...

wall cg?- is basically like the first instance except instead of hitting the "a" button again after the first jab you jab cancel instead and then grab again (ddd should still be in the air I think)... from there you just ftrhow, jab and grab again....
again I don't know if this works for sure... I was hoping someone could help....

btw, does anyone else have any good wall tactics?

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
I wouldn't rely on "bouncing" them against the wall if thats what you mean because that's techable. I'd just jab cancel really fast against the wall for luls. And you probably know this but never take a DDD to a stage with a wall.. lol

Hive

Smash Lord
lol I know ^^ taking ddd to corneria is pretty stupid :D
I just thought it might work good with other characters as well...
but obviously not if they can tech out of it ^^ I wasn't sure if the hitstun prevented that though...

Top Bottom