• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Thread: Latest News/Players/Tournaments [London monthly!] [Leicester monthly!]

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
What Ryan is saying is actually hard to argue with. Results are much the same. There is an established top 4- and it should be said everyone in that top 4 is actually very capable and skilled. Isn't a great difference in European results either between now and then. However it does seem like the UK is generally improving.

The game has fundamental principles that will never change. Doug would still be good now as he had acute reactions and played very adaptively. People misinterpret these principles and oversimplify the complexity of improvement and skill at the game.

Thing with giving out advice is those who are on their way already know what to do intuitively.

VA

Smash Hero
I agree with the first and last things.

The second things made me think :/

Reactions aren't that important, it's a process of postioning and option covering then reaction. It means that you already know most things they can possibly do and have to react less. Adapting is far more important than anything though.

The last thing is so true. Whats the point in me telling anyone how to get better, you have to do traverse the skill gap on you own. What I can explain is how to practice efficiently. Good practice is actually not easy.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
hello England ! :)
I would need housing in London on august 5th (arriving very late at Stansted) and also on the 15th (leaving on the 16th quite early).
I would leave for birmingham on the 6th of august somewhere in the afternoon, haven't booked the coach yet.
thx :)

COEY

Smash Lord
if you came through manchester there'd be no problems jd :p

get pissed and/or stoned, with our warm hospitality, ask darko :)

J03

Smash Master
i second that motion, JD you gotta come to Manchester man I will terrorise your Falco!

<3<3<3

we played a few years ago in Sweden but now its my turn to ****

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
pwnzorsauce101

that is the youtube channel for all the vids from BC plays melee may 15/16/17.

Charles does some **** ****, and you get to see how good our region truly is. watch all vids! love you all <3. I hope me and charles vs hitsugaya & dieslow gets uploaded. ****en ****!

COEY

Smash Lord
ok listen guys, we lost to germany at football yesterday, so its our job as good english men to make sure we beat them in crews at sny! our country is counting on us all to show them exactly what it means to mess with us!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Hey, looks like I'm going to be in London July 5th-8th. Any Smash going on then?

I'm in Madrid right now.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
MK, since May ´08. I've been playing a whole lot of random secondaries lately, though, ever since I stopped traveling out-of-state for Brawl.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Affiinity try get in contact with some of Londons best brawlers like Kasper, Jmiller, Siri etc as I'm sure they'd arrange a fest or something.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
can londoners please step up and offer housing for SNY please, thanks

check the SNY housing thread

I believe the germans need help atm

UK smashers need to start paying for SNY asap, its gonna be huge

J03

Smash Master
guys its really time to start booking for our big international tourney as you dont want to be unable to attend a massive tourney just coz you didnt book haha. For the record this is probably the biggest and best tourney most of you will ever go to.

If you think Fuzzy and Pro are **** just wait till you see Armada, Amsah, Faab, Pasi, Mindtrick, Zgetto and LOADS more people... no joke

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Pro is the best... who are those noobs? :confused:

I'll book at GT3 (if you can still pay Fuzzy to do that).

J03

Smash Master
yes you can thanks again to Fuzzy for that =D. anyone have any idea how many people are wanting to book with Fuzzy at gt3?

remember the prices folks, its £23 all inclusive and £13 for tourney, floor space and food. you save £ 1 by not having food so imo its very worth the extra £1 for 2 meals a day haha

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Affiinity try get in contact with some of Londons best brawlers like Kasper, Jmiller, Siri etc as I'm sure they'd arrange a fest or something.
You don't have to arrange anything just because I'll be there. If there's something going on during that time, just message me if you can.

I'd love to play some new players. :)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
You don't have to arrange anything just because I'll be there. If there's something going on during that time, just message me if you can.

I'd love to play some new players. :)
Well we just had a Brawl tourney on the 28th, so I doubt anything tourney-wise for Brawl will be happening soon. <_<

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267325
I suggest that you post in that thread as I'm sure you'll get a better response than in here because no brawlers really use this thread much. =P

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
lol I just checked this because I was bored and saw there's an american player in madrid.

You could try playing with the brawlers there, they are better than in the uk ( =D )

contact me if you want to play them D:

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
lol I just checked this because I was bored and saw there's an american player in madrid.

You could try playing with the brawlers there, they are better than in the uk ( =D )

contact me if you want to play them D:
lol marcbri has the jokes

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Wow that post is full of spam and I am very very VERY close to reporting your post if you DARE post something as STUPID as that AGAIN!

Top Bottom