• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The UK Thread: Latest News/Players/Tournaments [London monthly!] [Leicester monthly!]

Kone

Smash Master
Not to be rude but Killerjawz doesn't deserve to be running this thread. This was mine and then Aiko's when he was a mod. Both were appropriate. This should be turned over to Yeniths OR I should be a moderator on these forums and in charge. To be honest I am not sure why I am not :s. I don't think any of the UK community are a backroom member like myself?!

SNY2 is booked for 16th-18th of August. These were the only available dates next summer :)

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah i'll take that

Also ****ing get in newcastle!!!

And yeah, kone for mod

or at least running his own thread

too many uk mods now though maybe?

nah never enough

/disjointed ramble

Kone

Smash Master
Hell yeah 6-0 I am delighted. Hopefully this'll give the lads a good confidence boost to keep momentum going. We need it ;) squads paperthin.(Carroll next Shearer 0_o).

Made mistake with date ;) 16th to 18th. I potentially have the chance to have an extra night but not sure people would want or pay for it.

Lastly, yes, I should be a mod and yes I should be running this thread :)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I am with you on that Kone, I honestly don't see why you havn't become a mod in all your time! although 4 UK mods would seem a tad over the top, but still.

Also I'm very jealous of your backroomness! :p

Kone

Smash Master
I think I used to be a lot more opionated which may have stood in my way but now I am alot more relaxed and I think the longest serving UK player (and very dedicated...sny anyone?_. I don't really see why I am not a mod. Who is the fourth mod (I got u, killer and fuzz).

Ive been given backroom status twice over 7 years. Where are my mod powers :s

Yeniths

East Midlands!
No one is the 4th mod right now, I meant with 4 it may be to many, but still I'd be in favour of it, ultimately its not my choice tho :(.

Mod powers are overrated but hey its still good lol :) See you this weekend hopefully! :)

X1-12

Smash Champion
I think Marc is the one who makes decisions about these things he's the European super-mod or something. I don't think anyone in the UK would be against Kone's modship

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Well marc would have the biggest say of course as you said hes the EU S-mod, but even Marc would the have to ask a Admin, that's how it works lol

Kone

Smash Master
I would like mod powers as my experience and reputation deserve to havre sexay red letters (as well as the fact ill use them wisely). Why does KJ have mod?! (not being rude don't know much about him).

The first post also needs updating and I would like to personally do that especially the history bit.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lastly, yes, I should be a mod and yes I should be running this thread :)
I see.

I am with you on that Kone, I honestly don't see why you havn't become a mod in all your time! although 4 UK mods would seem a tad over the top, but still.
Don't discuss these opinions publicly next time.

I think I used to be a lot more opionated which may have stood in my way but now I am alot more relaxed and I think the longest serving UK player (and very dedicated...sny anyone?_. I don't really see why I am not a mod. Who is the fourth mod (I got u, killer and fuzz).

Ive been given backroom status twice over 7 years. Where are my mod powers :s
Take it from me, asking for mod powers don't help. =/

No one is the 4th mod right now, I meant with 4 it may be to many, but still I'd be in favour of it, ultimately its not my choice tho :(.

Mod powers are overrated but hey its still good lol :) See you this weekend hopefully! :)
Mod powers are pro, don't trip with this modesty shiz.

I think Marc is the one who makes decisions about these things he's the European super-mod or something. I don't think anyone in the UK would be against Kone's modship
Wrong, Head of Staff Admin does.

Man where'd the trashtalk go? This **** is mad gay.

To answer and confirm everything so far:

I mod the Fox, Samus, Combo Video and Europe boards.

Thanks for keeping watch for me, Teran.<3

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That's not flaming bro.

Everyone in UK just love bein mad.

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
i personally dont see whats wrong with the current Mod setup.

does it even matter as long as the forums are kept in order? not really, people do their part in reporting etc so its all goood

Kone

Smash Master
I thought we'd gotten over the "we need new mods" drama bs lol.
I don't think anyone is saying we need new mods or there is any drama. I was just saying that I would really like this thread to be ran by someone who knows and understands the current UK community (heavily leaning towards the melee side) and its history. Im cool that KJ does his job well but would prefer seeing fuzz or yen running this. Or give me my thread back :S (the first post needs updating btw).

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
But who moderates the mods?
Marcel Desailly.

I don't think anyone is saying we need new mods or there is any drama. I was just saying that I would really like this thread to be ran by someone who knows and understands the current UK community (heavily leaning towards the melee side) and its history. Im cool that KJ does his job well but would prefer seeing fuzz or yen running this. Or give me my thread back :S (the first post needs updating btw).

But yeah I think Ive served and contributed to the UK community extensively Alex that having my name in red isn't a big ask lol ;). Actually, being a broomer, shouldn't my name be a different colour anyway X_X.
Ask KJ for your OP back then. Also, go to your User CP and change to Melee BRoomers in the group you display yourself as.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Your dad.

Then again, I'm far too good looking for my loins to have created such a troll.

Hence, I am not your dad.

I am however a real man.

It seems ze boy 'as contradicted 'imself!

Besides, only gay boys can talk about looks.

Top Bottom