• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Monthlies - Canceled Indefinetely

_kSo_

Smash Master
good **** everyone. It was nice finally playing in an east coast tournament :)

magus, hax, alukard, chainace, you guys are all hilarious the friendlies were awesome

fearless our teams matches were pretty epic that 2v1 comeback you had lead us to victory. You've got a sick falco. Next time you see me, my falcon is gonna wreck it though :)

eggm, thanks for hosting, I wish i coulda played you more :(

_kSo_

Smash Master
hey if any of my matches were recorded (friendlies or otherwise) I'd like to watch them again, no matter how badly i was rocked. It would be most appreciated. Take your time uploading though, I'm not trying to rush you.

eggm ur fox is outta control

LLDL

Smash Hero
Eggm will post results soon, M2k won and i think him and jman split.

Eggm

Smash Hero
1: G$ + M2K (G$ + M2K) ($48.00)
2: Alukard + JMan (Alukard + JMan) ($24.00)
3: Loveage + Hax (Lovage + Hax) ($8.00)
4: Spamerer + Eggm (Spamerer + Eggm)
5: Fearless + kso (Fearless + kso)
5: Pakman + Mogwai (Pakman + Mogwai)
7: Magus + Inui (Magus + Inui)
7: Chain-Ace + StriCNYN3 (Chain-Ace + StriCNYN3)

1: Mew2King ($105.00)
2: Jman ($30.00)
3: Eggm ($15.00)
4: Hax
5: G$
5: Spamerer
7: Magus
7: Mogwai
9: Lovage
9: Pakman
9: Alukard
9: Inui
13: Ultima Scout
13: Chain-Ace
13: Kso_Chun
13: Fearless

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Magus and I got last in teams because I sucked and we lost to KSO and Fearless.

Then I beat KSO 2-0 in an MM, Fearless 3-0 in an MM and 2-0 in a tourny set, and then
Magus and I MMed the team and won 2-0. The set for $0 was lost, but not the others.

Teehee~

I suck at Melee btw. :(

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Why do I feel like you did a lot better than you're claiming?

:laugh:

We gotta play Spam =3
No...not really. I may not have lost to terrible people but I still feel like I played quite abysmal. I dropped many easy combos and edgeguards in addition to making many technical mistakes.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Falco is better anyway. Though my Fox is better than my Falco I think, though most likely because I've put a lot more work into Fox over the years than Falco. But Falco can combo better and puts on the pressure to confuse your opponent. The only drawback is his terrible recovery, so gimpable.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah My falco will always be better, but I have to get my fox up. Falco is actually the only character I know how to use LOL.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Oh yeah that could be a problem lol. I know how to use a lot of characters but for some reason even though I hardly ever use Puff I can't make my other characters as good as my Puff.

Alukard

Smash Hero
character diversity is overrated. If you get ridick good with 1 character, your other characters will get better and if you eventually need to pick one of them up, you'll have a solid foundation.
werd thats wat i did with samus and then everything became pretty easy to understand lol

Deathknight

Smash Ace
True to some degree. Though picking up Jiggs never gave me foundation for anything lol Though I like having character diversity because I hate playing the same character all the time, it just gets so boring. I love using different characters for the fun of it.

Eggm

Smash Hero
New date and 1st post check the OP. Same venue.

Talked to prog hes def bringing a car to this and g$ goes to EVERYTHING NY represent. I also talked to Shoop and him and a friend should be coming (yay new players p4 hype raaaape), and stric9/chainace said they can most likely come so come get *****. :)

Alukard

Smash Hero
i'm hosting a no johns on the 30th .... i hope everyone that comes to eggm's can come to no johns as well ... venue fee should be $5 .... melee has been revived for me ... i will be entering everything i can afford and me and jman are practicing again just like the web2zone days ... so everyone be ready =D...

eggm u already know if g$ comes to this we will so yea lol

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Hmm if I can somehow get a ride to this...if not I'll try to make this. *supports*

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah it is trademark its super ****. ATM, free super fast internet, food right next 2 u, own parking lot, Plenty of tables/chairs/setups that I bring. Too good.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Yeah it is trademark its super ****. ATM, free super fast internet, food right next 2 u, own parking lot, Plenty of tables/chairs/setups that I bring. Too good.
only problem is the children of the corn outside

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
StriCNYN3/chainace said they can most likely come so come get *****. :)
Uh Tim, I'm kinda broke right now :) and my parents keep borrowing my money every time I need it most.They said they'll give it back when they get paid, so I don't know if I'm gonna be able to make it.

....Unless you let me have a set-up discount. :chuckle:

Alukard

Smash Hero
hopefully we get a decent number of entrants for both events ... and hopefully i have enough money to enter singles >_>

LLDL

Smash Hero
We're doing draft crews this time, and somehow I will be one of the captains!

Top Bottom