• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Monthlies - Canceled Indefinetely

Eggm

Smash Hero

Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament

301 Union Ave
Brielle, New Jersey 08730

Try Route 71 if your GPS can't find Union Avenue.

Entry Fees
Venue - $5.00.
Doubles - $10.00 ($5.00 per teammate)
Singles - $10.00

($20.00 total, per player if you enter everything)

Payouts
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

Schedule:
  1. Signups/Warmups 11:00 - 12:30
  2. Doubles at 12:30
  3. Break
  4. Singles
  5. Crew Battles (Draft)
  6. Need to be out around 10-10:30 pm.
Special guests appearances have included Mew2King, Armada, Aniolas, Mango, Zhu, Lovage, Scar, Lambchops and more!

Pros of the venue :p
  • Its AT a pizza place so easy access to food/drinks. There's other stuff around too, bagel shops and more.
  • A lot of tables/chairs.
  • Our own separate room with AC.
  • I'm like best friends with the owner so no gay stuff.
  • Extremely flexible dates: I can basically hold one essentially any day with no notice needed for him.
  • I will bring 4/5 TV's of my own to each one of these.
  • It is not far off the parkway.
  • It has its own big parking lot.
  • The venue is about the size of Cheezit's venue (The Gamer's planet) without that corridor leading from the door to the front desk. However there's nothing but tables/chairs in that room. So it has no computers/front desk in the way.
  • Brielle New Jersey is about an hour 20 from Philly (I've driven to philly tournaments like a million times I know) With no traffic 1 hour 15 from DJ's place in NYC. It's also close to South Jersey. 45 mins from chibos. Aaaaaannnd hbk has been here a bunch of times in around 45 mins. So its pretty close to everyone!!!!!

Cons of the venue :(
  • Venue is only open 11 AM to 10 PM (Although I can probably get him to stay open later if needed even lockup myself even but that's still a lot of time if people show up on time I think.)
  • It is not gonna support over like 40 people (But I think that's fine for our **** Tri-state biweeklies for now. :)
Edit : Cheezits thing had a bit more than 40 a few times, and it did okay and I think this is a little bigger so it should be pretty good for now.

So as everyone can see the pros pretty much outweigh the cons and I think it can be pretty successful. I have super extreme flexibility with dates so if you guys can start telling me good dates to host one and if you will come I can make it happen easy. LET ME KNOW. Feed back please.

Public Trans Info.

If you go on NJ transit.com the bus stop at "Brielle" is within like a 2 minute walk from the venue you can see the place as you step off the bus. The train station in Manasquan is also like a 5 minute walk very close as well. So that's another plus.

SETUPS
I have about 10 Tables and 50 chairs. Also i will be bringing 4 TV's and 2 Cubes with Melee and my laptop for Tio. PLEASE BRING MORE SETUPS THO.

RULES:

General

* All matches will be 4 stock matches, with a time limit set to 7 minutes.
* All sets will be the best out of 3 matches, except for the finals which are best out of 5.
* Items are OFF.
* If there is a tie at the end of the time limit, then the person with more stocks wins. If both players have the same amount of stocks, then the person with the lower percent of damage wins.
* Wobbling is banned
* You will be disqualified if you use any freezing glitches, such as the Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo's Soul Stunner.
* Any non-first party controllers must be inspected by an official before use.
* Performance altering controller modifications are not allowed.
* Stalling a match is not allowed (such as wall-jumping under Battlefield), but recovery tactics such as Peach's Wall-Bombing, and Jigglypuff's Rising Pound are allowed.
* Dave's Modified Stupid Rule will be in effect. No player may pick a stage he's won on during one set.
* Pausing during a match will result in a loss of one stock during the match being played.

Neutrals 1v1:

* FD
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

* FD
* Yoshi's Story
* Dreamland
* Battlefield
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

* Kongo Jungle
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser chooses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of this ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stay
Basis of Decision:

The Melee Back-Room did a stage vote on both neutrals and Counterpicks. Both of the rulesets, I as the main TO, voted for are the ones that have the most support. I feel like this is a compromise between everyone, and I'm sorry to those who aren't happy because I can't please everyone. I want the results of this tournament to be as accurate as possible, so these are the legal stages.

* Pokemon Stadium: This stage is no longer a neutral for singles. The transformations in and of themselves would often result in entirely banned stages due to walls and such. Because the stage changes however, the stage is not banned, but I do not feel is neutral. However, in teams if a player is stuck in an infinite his teammate has the opportunity to help, which is why it is indeed neutral in teams (and to make a 5th stage since fountain isn't and this is the next best stage). The camera angles on the ledges are funky, and it's widely known space animals run wild on the stage.

As of now the stage discussion here is OVER, and so please do not spam the thread with that. I'm trying to compromise best for everyone.

Any questions please contact me via PM or AIM. My cell phone # if anyone needs it is 848-468-9504

Past Tournament Results

Tourney # 8 - 7/31/2010

Singles :

1: Armada ($138.00)
2: Zhu ($69.00)
3: Jman ($23.00)
4: Hax
5: Cactuar
5: Eggm
7: G$
7: Sweedish Delight
9: Smasher89
9: Prog
9: Aniolas
9: StriCNYN3
13: Ya
13: AJP_Anton
13: codi
13: Ultima scout
17: lefty
17: shoopman
17: darkoblivion
17: Mr F
17: Smashjin
17: Bbad
17: Leap year

Doubles :

1: Hax + Jman ($54.00)
2: Leaders of Secrecy (Armada + Aniolas) ($27.00)
3: The Plundering Justice (Alu + G$) ($9.00)
4: Team Return of a Dirty Baby (HazZard + Zhu)
5: Cowboys (Eggm + DOyoung)
5: The Adventurous Leaders (Ultima Scout + Cactuar)
7: CopyCat + Prog
7: Sailors of Brilliant Destruction (Mr. F + Sweedish delight)
9: Dudes of the North (smasher_89 + AJP)
13: Intense Delusion (Lefty + Codi)
Tourney # 7 - 5-1-2010
Singles :

1: Hax ($90.00)
2: Eggm ($45.00)
3: StriCNYN3 ($15.00)
4: Nando
5: DJ Nintendo
5: h3aderon
7: Deathknight
7: Chain-Ace
9: Ranmaru
9: Time
9: J-FLO
9: Yuri
13: Rin
13: LunarNOVA
13: Shoopman

Doubles :

1: Scoundrels (Hax + DJ Nintendo) ($24.00)
2: The Death of the Noobs (StriCNYN3 + Eggm) ($12.00)
3: Mustard of Redness (Chain-Ace + Deathknight) ($4.00)
4: You Decide (Ranmaru + Lunar_nova)

Low Tiers Singles:

1: Magus ($30.00)
2: Eggm ($15.00)
3: Time ($5.00)
4: h3aderon
5: Deathknight
5: Yuri
7: Chain-Ace
7: StriCNYN3
9: J-FLO
9: Shoopman
Tourney # 6 - 3-20-2010

Singles:

1. Eggm ($120.00)
2. Cactuar ($60.00)
3. Mr. F ($20.00)
4. StriCNYN3
5. J-Flo
5. Qerb
7. LOL Master
7. Moo
9. Bbad
9. Sneak
9. Prog
9. CopyCat
13. Chain-Ace
13. UltimaScout
13. OH.
13. Nando
17. Brandon
17. Steve
17. SAWW
17. LunarNOVA

Doubles:

1. Cactuar + UltimaScout ($60.00)
2. Eggm + LOL Master ($30.00)
3. Nando + Sneak ($10.00)
4. StriCNYN3 + CopyCat
5. Qerb + Mr. F
5. Moo + Bbad
7. OH. + SAWW
7. LunarNOVA + Brandon
9. Prog + Steve
9. Chain-Ace + J-Flo
Tourney #5 - 12/27/2009

Singles

1: Mew2King ($105.00)
2: Jman ($30.00)
3: Eggm ($15.00)
4: Hax
5: G$
5: Spamerer
7: Magus
7: Mogwai
9: Lovage
9: Pakman
9: Alukard
9: Inui
13: Ultima Scout
13: Chain-Ace
13: Kso_Chun
13: Fearless

Doubles

1: G$ + M2K (G$ + M2K) ($48.00)
2: Alukard + JMan (Alukard + JMan) ($24.00)
3: Loveage + Hax (Lovage + Hax) ($8.00)
4: Spamerer + Eggm (Spamerer + Eggm)
5: Fearless + kso (Fearless + kso)
5: Pakman + Mogwai (Pakman + Mogwai)
7: Magus + Inui (Magus + Inui)
7: Chain-Ace + StriCNYN3 (Chain-Ace + StriCNYN3)
Tourney # 4 - 11/14/2009

Singles

1: HBK ($119.00)
2: Lambchops ($34.00)
3: Eggm ($17.00)
4: Tag$
5: Tipman
5: HazZard
7: Deathknight
7: Hax
9: H3aderon
9: SandS
9: XYT
9: Alukard
13: Yuri
13: Enzo
13: BenTeezy
13: Prog
17: Andy

Doubles

Tag + Lambchops ($56.00)
Hax + Alukard ($16.00)
HBK + HazZard ($8.00)
Prog + BenTeezy
Tipman + XYT
H3aderon + Yuri
Andy + S&S
Tourney # 3 - 10/24/2009

Singles

1. SwiftBass ($52.50)
2. Eggm ($15.00)
3. DJ Nintendo ($7.50)
4. XYT
5. G$
5. Alukard
7. Mogwai
7. H3aderon
9. JFox
9. JFLO
9. Chain-Ace
9. StriCNYN3
13. Zack
13. Deathknight
13. Yuri

Doubles

1. Alukard + G$ ($49.00)
2. Eggm + Swift ($14.00)
3. DJ Nintendo +JFox ($7.00)
4. JFLO + Deathknight
5. Mogwai + XYT
5. Chain-Ace + StriCNYN3
Tourney # 2 - 9/12/2009

Singles

1. Jman ($52.50)
2. Teczero ($15.00)
3. Scar ($7.50)
4. G$
5. StriCNYN3
5. Eggm
7. XYT
7. Hazz
9 Chain-Ace
9. DeathKnight
9. JFox
13. MKF
13. H3aderon
13. J-FLO
13. Andy
17. Zack

Doubles

1. G$ + Alukard ($49.00)
2. Jman + DJ Nintendo ($14.00)
3. Scar + Hazz ($7.00)
4. Teczero + Eggm
5. StriCNYN3 + Chain-Ace
5. Zack + H3aderon
7. J-FLO +DeathKnight
Tourney # 1 - 8/16/2009

Singles (Mango came, but didn't enter singles)

1: Cactuar ($77.00)
2: Eggm ($22.00)
3: Pakman ($11.00)
4: SwiftBass
5: Trademark
5: R3N0
7: G$
7: XYT
9: Prog
9: MikeMoney
9: StriCNYN3
9: TSP
13: Noodles
13: DeathKnight
13: CanISmash
13: Sneak
17: Copycat
17: K9
17: Boy
17: Noise
17: DGOscar
17: ShineMike

Doubles

1. R3N0 + Cactuar ($99.00)
2. Mango + HazZard($22.00)
3. HBK + G$ ($11.00)
4. XYT + SwiftBass
5. Prog + CanISmash
5. Pakman + JFox
7. Eggm + Chris
7. TSP + Boy
9. Sneak + Copycat
9. Shinemike + noise
9. Spade + Botch

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
o wow, this is amazing
i think this will respark some melee interest in me, especially when you specifically cite how far the venue is from my house in jersey and my apartment in philly haha
chibo eta is too pro

Eggm

Smash Hero
Glad to see some early interest. Keep posting people, also I forgot to mention these are melee!!!!!!

Also no one suggested dates. I've kinda been playing too much starcraft so I don't know when tournaments are coming up, so help me out plesae. ;) Feel free to IM my phone i'm bored @ work and you can keep me busy. :)

Btw, I hit c- with all Terran in SC if anyone wants to challenge me. C- in the newest season was REALLY hard btw lol so its like C from seasons past, which is pretty **** good I think at this point only plank can give me trouble in the smash community, but if not i'd like to get owned so PM me.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I'll go to some of these. They are close enough from Philly.

Eggm, you should play our friend Vinh in Starcraft, he's insane.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Alright I'll play him.

Gonna copy this from pakman's thread.
August 1st I am busy + Saffron.
August 8th I am going to Busch Gardens
August 15th ????
August 23rd is S.N.E.S.
August 30th ????

August 8th sound like a good date for the first one? Then 30th for the next? Feedback please. :)

Come for just either doubles or singles and hang out at the beach if you want. ;)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
not goin to 30th, its my bday. id rather b loosing all my money playing poker, not smash lol

i cant see why i wouldnt be able to go on the 8th, tho im assuming u meant to say the 15th sounds like a good date for the 1st considering ur schedule

GOTM

Smash Champion
On the 8th I'm going to six flags with Pakman. I told him a while ago I would go. But I'll def. be at some of these in the future.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I am down for these but I don't think I can go until late August because I am really busy until the end of the summer.

On the 8th I'm going to six flags with Pakman. I told him a while ago I would go. But I'll def. be at some of these in the future.
BUSCH GARDENS JERKASS. Six flags sucks.

Hax

Smash Champion
these should be on sundays. i dont like wasting saturdays on smash

Eggm

Smash Hero
They can be on Sundays or Wednesdays it doesn't matter lol. Im just trying to do it when people will come.

And yes THE moo, not the fake one who lives in cherry hill and is asian. The white yoshi maining champion himself. He said I drive and have a car now and would go to one of these. :)

GOTM

Smash Champion
Like pizza pie? Freaking, if speed wasn't an issue, and it was based just on how much you ate, I would do that **** too. I finished a Three Brothers pie once, and I could have eaten more. For some reason I can eat a LOT of pizza.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
sundays would be cool, and i would try to come. i really wanna get back into melee hardcore...

i start driving again in november, and i plan then to be the best ive ever been. ESPECIALLY for pound 4.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Hows everyone feel about the 15th/16th? It can be either day you guys can tell me which you'd prefer. It can be both if enough come to both. People who do want to come to both can stay at my house (max like 10) which is 4 minutes from the venue.

Moo drives now and said he will convince REIK to let him drive him here. HYPEEEEEEEEEE.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
WTF two melee tournies 2 days in a row? I'd so be down! Except I might be low on money and since i'm a waiter... sundays are way slower than saturdays. so if its only one...sunday! But what do i count...im from maryland XD.

<3 melee.

LLDL

Smash Hero
So when do you think the venue address will be put up?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Have it be both days, cheap $5 entrance or something, and in the area have someone hold a overnight smashfest on Saturday night. I can't even fathom how awesome that would be.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Have it be both days, cheap $5 entrance or something, and in the area have someone hold a overnight smashfest on Saturday night. I can't even fathom how awesome that would be.
Hrm, I can set this up in my shed for about 6-10 smashers. Its small but its got a bed in it and could probably fit 3 setups. The remainder could sleep on the trampoline.

Or they can sleep inside, I have extra couches and stuff, just inside you have to be quiet in the shed you can scream and stuff. :)

JFox

Smash Hero
Wow, this is getting better and better. I might have to come and just play friendlies =P

Edit: If there is an eating contest and its about speed, count me in regardless of what we eat lol. If its about quantity, count me out. I gotta watch my figure :laugh:

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
if its not too expensive from nyc i might go to these, i really wanna start getting that training in for pound4.

also 3 straight weeks of melee tournaments in different areas would be pretty **** :D

Eggm

Smash Hero
I just remembered that my sister is going to texas so we can use her room too.

Alright copied/pasted from aim :

Sneak8288: im thinkin about seriously getting back into melee. and copy said he was down for going to ur tourney
broodwarmasterr: Awesome. :-)
Sneak8288: so i should be there 2

I think there's enough interest to make the date official August 15th. If the 16th gets popular enough it will be a double melee tournament weekend extravaganza and I will house as many people as I possibly can easily like 10 probably who are staying for the 2nd tournament. Gonna change the 1st post now.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I just remembered that my sister is going to texas so we can use her room too.

Alright copied/pasted from aim :

Sneak8288: im thinkin about seriously getting back into melee. and copy said he was down for going to ur tourney
broodwarmasterr: Awesome. :-)
Sneak8288: so i should be there 2

I think there's enough interest to make the date official August 15th. If the 16th gets popular enough it will be a double melee tournament weekend extravaganza and I will house as many people as I possibly can easily like 10 probably who are staying for the 2nd tournament. Gonna change the 1st post now.
Good stuff get HYPED

Top Bottom