• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Monthlies - Canceled Indefinetely

JFox

Smash Hero
I dont know that i can come to this at all, but i certainly cant come to a 2 day tourney. my weekends are just too important to be spending on smash, and the only reason id come is just cuz i really wanna support the crew/see old smashers

Eggm

Smash Hero
Don't worry 2 days was just a suggestion only august 15th is in the thread title after all.

Jfox that would be great. :)

Blast just let me know when you know for sure if you can come eventually I'm going to make a attending list.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, the fake moo also. I like the idea of striking out stages till 1 left, and I didn't get to try it at genesis caues i didn't get to go. lol. If everyone doesn't like it the following Tunes biweekly can have standard rules I guess.

JFox

Smash Hero
i really liked the striking til there is one stage left. the only thing that sucks about it is that DK 64 has to be counter as a neutral stage (which it def is not) in order to make for an odd number of stages.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
i really liked the striking til there is one stage left. the only thing that sucks about it is that DK 64 has to be counter as a neutral stage (which it def is not) in order to make for an odd number of stages.
just take off FoD yeye :D or count mute city! hehe

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Well, I want all the counterpick stages to be put back in. I'm not too big on the stage striking but I can deal with it. Though I really want Green Greens put back into counterpick. I need it as my Marth counterpick if I decide to go Fox since it works much better than Puff. I also feel that there's nothing wrong with Japes and it should be legal too. I'm also not too happy about Wobbling being legal but I don't think tri-state has many IC players.

GOTM

Smash Champion
I would actually consider going but it's my girlfriends 21'st birthday at midnight =/

edit:

eggm, are these actually gonna be biweekly? i got a venue for a tourney and i was gonna hold it the 5th or september. i have to finalize things/see the place this weekend but its gonna be in south jersey. the 5th doesn't interrupt your biweekly thing though.

anyone know of any tourney's the 5th of september would conflict with? i dont see any atm

Eggm

Smash Hero
It doesn't need to be a biweekly or montly or anything, I'll just host them when nothing else is going on if people feel like plyaing.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
I would actually consider going but it's my girlfriends 21'st birthday at midnight =/

edit:

eggm, are these actually gonna be biweekly? i got a venue for a tourney and i was gonna hold it the 5th or september. i have to finalize things/see the place this weekend but its gonna be in south jersey. the 5th doesn't interrupt your biweekly thing though.

anyone know of any tourney's the 5th of september would conflict with? i dont see any atm
chris and alex r holding monthlies starting august 1st so that might be the weekend a month from that, Alukard holds biweeklies and since his is not the same week as eggms ur would probably fall the same week as his, u prob just want to PM all the TO's and see wat days they CANT host cuz even though they're biweeklies and monthlies theres usually days in that schedule that the venue is doin other things and makes the TO's reschedule. I'm loving all the tourneys in NY/NJ atm hope u can get urs underway also :D.

Cia

das kwl
LOL.. wow jfox, your recent posts have been AWFUL.. haha

and no one told me anything about The Tunes Bi-weeklies. glad they're back :D

i'll be there provided i get a ride =]

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
^ Peach's Castle is amazing.
lol ill never forget u and tec playing peach shiek on their and KNOWING team attack was off and just spamming down smashes and winning the set without the other team noticed, and then everyone wanted ya to replay the set but it was too late cuz ya started the next one lololol.

Cia

das kwl
lol ill never forget u and tec playing peach shiek on their and KNOWING team attack was off and just spamming down smashes and winning the set without the other team noticed, and then everyone wanted ya to replay the set but it was too late cuz ya started the next one lololol.

No.. that's the thing. we HONESTLY didn't know. And I spam Dsmash w/ or w/o friendly fire. but we found out during a game with our NEXT opponents when i noticed teczero's (sheik) Dsmash went right through we. That's when Tec and I pointed out that friendly fire was off.

What a horrible day that was.. I remember how the other team whined soooo much about that after. As if tec and I would've lost anyway. And our team work/ combos were best back then.

gooood times

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I am officially hyped for this.

Dr. Eggman claims Reik will probably be in attendance.

I miss that guy.
O___________O

Reik is comin down? Now thats hype.

No.. that's the thing. we HONESTLY didn't know. And I spam Dsmash w/ or w/o friendly fire. but we found out during a game with our NEXT opponents when i noticed teczero's (sheik) Dsmash went right through we. That's when Tec and I pointed out that friendly fire was off.

What a horrible day that was.. I remember how the other team whined soooo much about that after. As if tec and I would've lost anyway. And our team work/ combos were best back then.

gooood times
LOL Benny we barely hit each other /w team attack. Why would we notice? :laugh:

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Well August 15th there's gonna be a brawl/melee tourny down in Scranton, PA. So whoever wants to compete in melee over there too. If I go its for bawrl :D

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace

gooood times
OOOOOOOOOOOOH. ive always took it as u knew during that set but u just kept ur mouth shut :D. my bad. and yea not that it woulda mattered ya woulda won anyways :D.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'm sure as long as you can get on pakman's way to the tournament and his car isn't full he will take you. Cause I know he wants my first tournament to be big/awesome. :)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I'm sure as long as you can get on pakman's way to the tournament and his car isn't full he will take you. Cause I know he wants my first tournament to be big/awesome. :)
Yeah pretty much.

I need a teammate. I am probably gonna go doc.

JFox

Smash Hero
Id team with u if you are willing to just play for fun. I dont really like taking teams too seriously, so if ur trying to win feel free to turn me down :)

Eggm

Smash Hero
If reik doesn't end up showing, I used to team very well with velocity for some reason.

So maybe I'd do well with your doc.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Id team with u if you are willing to just play for fun. I dont really like taking teams too seriously, so if ur trying to win feel free to turn me down :)
Let's do it. If you want to really take them un-seriously I will totally go Yoshi.

I like teams, mainly because of the nonsense that can happen in teams matches (Blue Lazer Ultimate Combo).

But I really want to test out my Doc in a tournament setting.

Top Bottom