• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top Ten Videos of Each Character

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You know all that TKD did was basically have Tyrant come to him, and try to DJ past him? Lol.

Not saying it's bad, but like it's not hard to see what he was trying to do. IDK why Tyrant was using Tornado that early if TKD was just gonna try to DJ at that range anyways. Why not go for the shuttle loop or wait for him to already jump and then tornado.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I thought he was actually a tad heavier than Wario. Or it was something like Yoshi had better Horizontal Knockback Resistance and Wario had better Vertical Knockback Resistance.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
I would like to once again nominate KillerJawz for Samus. The previous video I nominated had many doubters and didn't make it on the front page; however I firmly believe that these next videos I present will prove that this individual is a highly skilled player who should not go unrecognised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn8zNRfONRM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z57dI_2Tdng

I encourage those who are sceptical of the first video I presented to watch the second video. There is also an entire backlog of 12 other videos (all very recent) to fall on in the related videos of both respected links, if anyone has the time I suggest watching more of them as they are all very very impressive. Both of the videos display sheer talent, very respectable levels of play from both Smashers and I think we can all agree that they were great games.

bigman40

Smash Master
I thought he was actually a tad heavier than Wario. Or it was something like Yoshi had better Horizontal Knockback Resistance and Wario had better Vertical Knockback Resistance.
You're pretty much right. Yoshi doesn't live too well from vertical kills like he does from horizontal kills, but he still lives pretty **** well from them still lol.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Second vid of KillerJawz Samus was insane. Great match, very close between 2 skilled opponents. Battle of the Zairs and projectiles. Izaws Link, too good as well.

Ixis, as much as I do love you, you certainly know how to get on my raw side ;)
LOL <3

@Mota. Many thanks for that, im surprised that it was a TL main to come in and say that, but w/e. I was also surprised at the matches Ixis chose to nominate tbh.

*Awaits demonictoonlink*

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
I preferred match 8 out of them all actually,
and no it wasn't just because of the awesome music lol
. To be honest those were the two matches that impressed me the most and I felt they both highlighted not only your own, but also Izaw's skill with your chosen characters in their own individual way. Maybe another one of those videos were even more impressive that I looked over, but that's all the more reason for people to watch as much of all 14 matches as they can.

In fact, the entire log of matches were so impressive I'm sure I could pick out the most inspiring match that Izaw won and nominate him for this thread as well!

I was not only referring to match 8, but rather to 14 aswell. I expected you to nominate perhaps match 1 as opposed to 14, seeing as the discussion we had appeared this way, but then again, they both had similar attributes I suppose.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Saw my name without name searching. Always love that.

Also: terrible match garble garble link garble samus garble garble ew europe garble garble garble

edit: toon garble link garble

Flayl

Smash Hero
I've seen a lot of Link mains hate on Izaw (with a modicum of reason, he hypes himself up a bit too much). Let's see what they have to say.

Oh wait, they all made an exodus to AiB.

(I promise I'll actually watch the vids when I get home).

Saw my name without name searching. Always love that.

Also: terrible match garble garble link garble samus garble garble ew europe garble garble garble

edit: toon garble link garble
YOU ARRIVED <3. A tad later then I expected I may add.

@ Flayl, irl Izaw is nothing like that, he doesn't hype himself up, but always looks for ways to improve.

It's actually quite admiriable

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I don't see what's so bad about Izaw. He has good tech skill, spacing, etc.

Link mains usually say his competition isn't as good as he is, making him look like a better player than he is, but KJ seems pretty legit...

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
I don't see what's so bad about Izaw. He has good tech skill, spacing, etc.

Link mains usually say his competition isn't as good as he is, making him look like a better player than he is, but KJ seems pretty legit...
Yes I believe this has been the case for quite some time now. Such excuses cannot be used on this occasion however. I am though, interested in what Link (and Samus) mains would have to say about these matches, but I do still firmly believe that they will accept Izaw and KJ as top players of the character, and I stand by my notion that these videos are more than deserving of being on the front page.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I dunno, in that second match Ixis posted, KJ was going for way too many offstage dairs. He didn't really start taking the match seriously until he was suddenly behind at 180%.

And I'm not sure how well Izaw knew Samus in the first one. That last dair -> uair combo should not have happened.

I'll set your mind at ease ph00t.

I was going for the dairs because if Izaw was to throw a boomerang on the stage and reflect it onto me, it would push me backwards, I could then stay off stage and eventually gimp him with Samus' tether(which I did plenty of times, as you may have seen if you watched all the matches).

In the first video Ixis offered up, that was match 14. By then, he knew the matchup a hell of a lot of better, but so did I, and I knew about the speed of Link's Usmash and knew that by fast falling a dair, he wouldn't be able to react in time. He could have shielded yeah, that was a mistake on his part. I advice you watch the other matches aswell.

Okay just wanted to say that just so you didn't think I was being lazy :3.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I've seen a lot of Link mains hate on Izaw (with a modicum of reason, he hypes himself up a bit too much). Let's see what they have to say.

They were glad to see Izaw finally losing some games.
He isn't hyping himself up, other people hype him up. He's good but he's got too many fanboys, its not like he's the only link out there.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
The problem with Izaw is what other people already said...I mean, have you seen his videos? The descriptions...oh god.

But however internet-annoying the guy is, he's great. Top five link for sure. Probably number four.

KJ is obviously great. It's too bad there aren't *better vids posted of him.

The Snake one was bad. It started a Tink flame war lol. The Izaw ones are alright I guess. It's just that no one cares about some character fighting a link, albeit another terrible character. For now, any of those videos could work as KJ clearly is a top Samus that deserves videos up, but he should work on getting more up. Or linking me to more :D

May I just say that Xyro's video is of him spiking a Link 3 times in a row?

With that said the rest of the Izaw videos can be found in the related videos of the ones Ixis posted, but if you wish to see every match I've done that's been recorded (Do bear in mind I still have some more matches coming, but I doubt any of them are up to par), look at the following link and look for KillerJawz.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232606 - All of which can be found on my Youtube account, SpookyJaw

I do thank you for the compliments however <3.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
That wolf actually played really good and even hitted M2K out of his tornado in the first few frames (where the tornado is still weaker) with Bair.
MK was just ***ing him out.

Top Bottom